Days of Our Lives - Tues., Nov. 4, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Eve sits in Dr. Chung's office, upset over his saying there is a problem. She goes on and on about waiting so long for this surgery, wanting to get back to her singing career, but Dr. Chung tells her they cannot do the surgery at all. The nodes are too close to some important nerve, she could lose her entire voice, she wants 2nd opinions, he shows her that he has already consulted with other doctors, all agree. She shoves the files away. takes off, and next she is sitting, drowning her sorrows in wine. Eric comes along, looking for Theresa, but Eve has no idea where she is, warns Eric if Theresa is not answering her phone, doesn't want to talk to him, then beware. Eric gets a call & leaves, Eve takes a few gulps of her wine, and suddenly leaves.

Paige is questioning JJ about drinking the beer, he explains about it, but she finally says she knows it wasn't his first. He admits being with Rory, hanging out, and yes, had a beer. But Paige is relentless, mentions the girls, shows the picture, won't say how she got it, or who took it. JJ is saying it meant nothing, did not even know their names. They argue..(zzzzz), he is not understanding what the heck he has done to make her so mad at him all this while. She finally admits he never told her it was his father who raped Kayla. JJ is appalled she knows, figures it was her mom who told her, but she is mum on how she found out. They argue some more, she doesn't know who he is anymore, and she storms out. Later she is sobbing, calling a friend to crash in Daphne's dorm room tonight. But yet she tells herself "mom, I really need you". ??

Kristen is eavesdropping on Anne & Theresa in the park, and is not happy to hear that Theresa is pregnant.with Brady's child. She picks up a rock, seems ready to throw it at Theresa, then changes her mind. She hears Theresa talking of Brady wanting to be a father, flashes back to a conversation she had with him about being unable to have a child herself. Theresa & Anne leave, and Kristen has a huge tantrum, throwing a trash basket around, kicking at the garbage,throwing the basket around a few more times, yelling. She goes back to her room, calls someone, saying she is Kristen DiMera, needs a job done, now, time is of the essence.
Theresa & Anne to sit and talk, Anne has a drink, questions Theresa, even thinking maybe she is making this all up. Nope, she had checked the calendar on her phone for something, then noticed she was late, very, very late, so got a pregnancy test, and it came back positive. Anne says something about Brady taking custody of the child, raising it with Kristen. No way, replies Theresa. I am the mother of the baby, and nothing can change that.

Ben is talking to a rental agent, all happy, she found a place, he thinks it is perfect, etc. Abby has arrived at the club, talking to Sonny, learns Ben was let off early, had something important to do. Chad comes in, Sonny has to talk with him about the expansion, they go off to confer. Chad can see Sonny has been working all night on this, all seems to be fine. Ben comes in, all smiles, kissing Abby, giving her the good news about his own place. Sonny leaves, Chad watches them a bit, gets a phone call, identifies himself as one of the owners, and will be glad to answer any questions. We later see him hanging up, and can guess what he did. Ben's rental agent calls him, he is all excited, when can he move in. He can't, the landlord called his references. Ben doesn't understand, his personal ones were all fine. Nope, was his employer. Ben is still confused, Sonny Kiriakis just gave him a raise as he has been doing such a good job, so it had to be good. Well, it wasn't Sonny K, who the landlord talked to, it was Chad DiMera. Ben gets it. hangs up, goes up to the smirking Chad and punches him in the jaw.

Marlena runs into Sonny, they talk of Will going to CA, how much Sonny misses him, but knows it is a good opportunity, and Sonny wants the best for him. He mentions them having a few problems before this offer came up, about the work he was doing, but he knows Sami & the kids need Will. She talks kindly to him, suggesting he hop a plane and go visit.

He goes home, Abby comes to visit, learns Will is gone with Ari, to be with Sami & the kids. She is surprised, no good-bye, etc. Sonny says it is only 6 mos., but Abby thinks that is entirely too long.

At the hospital, Marlena runs into Jordan, who seems upset, but denies anything is wrong. She does ask, though, about a patient she has, who suddenly is having memories of events that were not previously remembered. Marlena talks a lot about repressed memories, offering to see Jordan't patient, and is thanked. Chad has come along, Jordan still doesn't know if she wants to have dinner with Chad, he offers to buy her coffee, she looks like she might need it. She thanks him, has something she has to do, and will let him know soon about the dinner. He leaves, she calls someone to meet her NOW.

Jordan meets up with Clyde, tells him she wants to know what he meant about her. He thinks she means about killing her mama. No, the other thing. When he said there was something else, blood on her hands.

JJ has called Paige, leaving a long message on her phone, apologizing, talks of his father, how he is like him in some ways, was worried that he might be like him in other ways. That whoever took that picture is trying to mess with them, and that he loves her.

Eve is home, feeling very sorry for herself. She gets the text from Paige about crashing with Daphne, then puts on a CD of herself, singing "Beautiful Dreamer". She is crying, singing along with a line or two, sobbing, breaking down. Loud knocking at the door. She wipes her eyes, opens the door, and there stands JJ. Not a word, as both just look at the other.

Over in Kristen's room, she answers her door to a man, glad that he came so promptly. Is he sure this can be done right away. . Mandrake assures her, yes, it will done to her satisfaction.

I am so aggravated with Paige. At this point I want her out of JJ's life and I want him to stop falling apart because she is not worth it.

Saying "It's just a beer..." that's not the JJ I know from watching him this past year. When Theresa was blackmailing him he kept trying to get her to stop drinking and he also had some choice things to say about Theresa and Brady's drinking binges, so I don't buy this sudden thinking on his part that drinking to calm the nerves is okay. (Did Kristen have her goon do a personality switch between JJ and Brady when we weren't looking?) So if JJ is saying that out-of-character stuff, Paige should realize that something is really really bothering him and try to help him or get him the help he needs, not yell at him about irrelevant things.

It's bad enough when Jen does this. JJ doesn't need another Jen. And also, Jack/Kayla/rape/whatever is NOT PAIGE'S BUSINESS AND SHE SHOULD STOP LISTENING AT DOORS.

Eve's scenes about not being able to sing anymore would have been super emotional if they hadn't added in JJ coming to the door and the possibility that she's going to seduce him. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh. I thought they were putting her with Eric anyway, from the way things seem to be going so how about they do that and not have her try to seduce a kid who is having a nervous breakdown BECAUSE OF HER??? I know JJ is legally an adult but it just seems to me that if his ex-girlfriend's mom first heaps psychological abuse on him designed to break him down and make him think he's no good (like she's been doing the past several weeks), then seduces him, that it isn't exactly consensual if he does anything with her... not that he's not responsible for his own behavior but something just doesn't sit right with me there. (Plus this scenario makes even less sense than Daniel/Kristen did.)

As for Ben/Chad, first of all if he put Sonny's name as his employer on the application form, I'd think the landlord had no right to speak to anyone but Sonny. But how about instead of punching Chad, Ben goes to Sonny and tells him what's up or better yet, goes to Aiden and asks him if he has any grounds to file a lawsuit against Chad at this point?

Kristen the wild woman... those scenes in the park were funny, but really, another goon? And how come nobody has wondered what happened to EJ's goon (the one who killed him), who has not been seen since EJ's murder?

I did think Kristen spying in the park was karma since Theresa spied on Daniel and JJ there last year, but the rest of that whole scenario is a big mess.

"Abby comes to visit, learns Will is gone with Ari, to be with Sami & the kids. She is surprised, no good-bye, etc. Sonny says it is only 6 mos., but Abby thinks that is entirely too long."
Yeah. How come EVERYONE came to say their weepy goodbyes to Sami and almost no one said good bye to Will. Yet both will be gone for 6 months.

I believe Ben probably wrote that he is employed at the Club TBD. Because when Chad answered the phone, he said yes......then that "I am one of the owners". Yes, I can answer your questions.

Since Chad has backed away from actually running the club, bet Ben never dreamt that anyone but Sonny would be asked for the references.

How on earth did Theresa and Anne not hear the commotion Kristen was making since they just left not more than a few seconds? I am upset with Paige as well, but I do not want JJ going back to the old crowd of Rory and Bev. I am sure JJ went to have it out with Eve suspecting she told Paige of his father and Kayla and hopefully that is all.

JJ/Paige were JUNK and I fast forwarded nearly all of their scenes. Her character motivations change on a dime. I really would like her to leave Salem forever.

I find Eve's sudden inability to have this surgery very implausible. Dumb, dumb, DUMB writing serving only DA PLOT.

I did not like any part of the ending or where the show seems to be heading. I hope my feelings are wrong.

I would like Kristen to kill Jeannie and go to prison, and Ben to kill Chad and go to prison. Chad had no bearing to give Ben a bad reference, of course until Ben punched him.

Today's likeable character: Anne, she gives Jeannie T the business.

Sonny wandering around the bushy clearing weepily was pathetic.

Jordan: zzzzzzzzzzzzz
JJ/Paige: :beat:
JJ/Eve: :sick:
Kristen: :rotfl:
Everything else: (see Jordan above)

I agree wholeheartedly. That's it! I'm done watching again. There's just no romance or anything at all to brighten my day. Instead, nothing but negativity. I'll keep reading the summaries in case the show gets better, but I need a break from this junk. Especially Kristen and Paige.

LOL, Sparkster......Short & sweet.....you made me laugh, and loudly.

Since Eve did not have her surgery within a few days after arriving in Salem, it was apparent it was not ever going to happen.
Paige has been a drag for months and months. Where does she get off getting all bent out of shape because JJ did not tell her something that was NONE of her business, but that had two parts to it, both of which she acquired by eavesdropping. PURPOSELY. Enough already. Can she transfer out to Stanford for the second semester?? That begins in January, and she really needs to go.

And also, about Paige...just like most of the other newbies that have been added to the show for a few years, she really only interacts with one or two people outside of her mother. She isn't mixed up with the canvas, and therefore is even more bland. I think now we're finally seeing that Rory and Bev were right all along about what a boring shrew she is.

Paige inspires so much rage in me. She is Jen's clone to the point that they might as well do a story where a mixup caused Paige to be given to Eve after birth when she belonged to Jen. I hate that they're twisting JJ, who is one of the characters I love most, all out of shape for this farce of a relationship. Paige and her equally stupid and sneaky mother need to go.

I am so aggravated with Paige. At this point I want her out of JJ's life and I want him to stop falling apart because she is not worth it....
Amen. To borrow the title of a thread on the Daily Days forum: "I've had it with stupid Paige." She brings new meaning to the word "impossible," which is saying a lot considering that Sami drove Salemites crazy for over twenty years. As for other annoying people: Eve -- plenty of people probably wish she'd risk losing her voice; Kristen -- why wasn't Rafe strolling to the park? He'd have had her dead to rights for littering; Chad -- would he be so smug with Ben if he knew how Weston family members dealt with obnoxious DiMeras?; Jeannie T. -- why does she think a surprise pregnancy involving a man whose father she clobbered with a poker is the route to happiness?

I think some of you are being very hard on Paige especially concerning her tendency to listen in on private conversations like the ones between a doctor and her patient because if she didn't do that how would she know ...... stuff? And it's VERY important that Paige know stuff people because if she doesn't know stuff how is she going to do...... things ? :confused:

Okay I admit it I'm totally at a loss as to what purpose this girl or this storyline serves at this point.

Chad, Chaddles, Chadaroonie, can we talk? I get so close to almost liking you then you pull the nonsense you did today. I'm disappointed in you son, VERY disappointed. To be fair, Ben hasn't given Chad any reason to like him. Indeed, I would even go so far as to say that Ben has been far more hostile to Chad then Chad has to him at least until today. But this was just petty.

Plus from a strategic point of view it doesn't make any sense. He's trying to hook up with Jordan, does he think openly and deliberately hurting Ben is going to score him brownie points? A good schemer would have used the opportunity to make Ben at least start to lower his guard by giving him a good reference. But he totally failed to see the Big Picture here.

I felt sorry for Eve, which kind of surprised me because up until now all I've felt towards her is frustration. As far as the Eve and Eric thing goes, personally I don't see any chemistry there at all. Their scenes just seem awkward and uncomfortable to me I think it's because Eve is so over-the-top in her neediness.

I will say however that at first they weren't so bad today because Eve was more restrained but then she started coming on too strong again. I don't know, maybe if they do go in that direction something may develop but as right now I'm just not seeing it.

As far as this Eve and J.J. apparent yuckiness, I suddenly started to think of what songs may go with what seemingly is about to occur, in honor of Eve's singing career: I came up with Tone Loc's "Wild Thing," Poison's "Unskinny Bop" or for the true romantics among us perhaps Rod Stewart's "Tonight's the Night?"

*shudder* Now I'm creeping myself out. *shudder*

Back