Days of Our Lives - Tues., Oct. 11, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Paul is at the Pub, talking to Gabi, who is helping out during the power outage. Evidently the Pub has been feeding the cops, workers, etc. Caroline needed a rest. They talk about Sonny, Chad, the friends who had a huge spat. Evidently Gabi calls Chad, and Sonny, to come to the Pub, they arrive within a minute or so of each other. Reminders of what good friends they were, how Chad put up the money for the club, Sonny had the know how. That Sonny should have expected that someone would take advantage of the Kiriakis blunders, that Sonny would have done the same. Before long the guys are smiling, they have made up.

Later, Sonny & Paul are walking in the park, Sonny thanking Paul for all he did locating Joey, for helping to mend fences between Chad & Sonny. Paul begins talking of it being one year since Will....Sonny is saying shut up, shut up, shut up. Paul is taken aback, can't believe Sonny won't even let him say Will's name. Sonny explains that he & Gabi were going to take Ari to the gravesite today, talk about Will, etc. but with all this mess, he will be going himself. Paul feels bad about that, is now apologizing because he got involved with Will, which ended up causing Sonny to leave Salem, so wasn't here......Tis o.k. not your fault. Sonny just hates he has to visit his husband's grave now with a body guard looking over his shoulder.

Xander brings some oatmeal to Orpheus, who puts it aside, All 3 snipe at one another, over their failures to best their enemies, no hostage, no ransom, etc. Orpheus wants to sit down and make a grand plan to get rid of all their enemies. Clyde opts out, he will go it alone, go get rid of Chad DiMera, grab his grandson, take him to Ben, who was delighted to hear he would be getting his son back. Ben is such a good daddy. Orpheus reminds Clyde Ben is in prison for murder, Clyde brushes it aside. He is now going to pick up some baby things for Thomas, and leaves.

Earlier, Andre was on the phone with someone, making sure all was ready, in place, etc. He goes out and somehow, manages to find Clyde, who pulls a gun on him. Clyde has no idea who he is, or how this stranger knows his name. Andre obliges, does his sly grin thing, they do a couple of snipes and threats back & forth, but Andre offers him a deal. He wants to control DiMera Enterprises, for that Chad has to be dead. Clyde can have Thomas, Andre knows all the secrets & ways around DiMansion, how to get in, etc. Clyde is all for that, Andre figures if he killed Chad, he would go to prison, so better for Clyde to do it. Clyde just wants Andre to remember what he did when Andre gets all that control.

Chad has Lucas & Adrienne sitting down as he fills them in on what is going on, working together with others, they have to help, it is dangerous. Later, Lucas & Adrienne talk about it all, Lucas wishes he could talk to Allie, but is unable to do so, just glad the kids are not here now. Adrienne is calling for her blood test results, tells Lucas that she has to be checked every 3 mos., since she has that gene making her susceptible to the cancer.

Hope goes to see Jennifer, is very upset, doesn't know what she can do now, everything is so out of hand now. She finally spills it all, she killed Stefano, covered it up, Aiden recorded her having a private conversation, is now blackmailing her with it, wants her to go to Oregon with him, Ciara too, and Chase is there. Jen is appalled that Aiden would be doing this, offers to help, but Hope declines, she only wanted Jen to listen. But Jen did listen, and now she wants to help.

Aiden sits in his office, Rafe brings in a big box of files. Since Aiden wants to check all their past work, Roman thought he should go over all these files of those arrested during the blackout. Every theft, break in, fight, vandalism, accident, jaywalker. Aiden grins, comments that he will give these to his asst., that if they think keeping him busy will keep him away from Hope, no dice. He throws the box on the floor. Rafe just says that Roman noted there was another, and then another, and thinks Aiden should be working on them. If it happens to keep him too busy to bother Hope, that won't upset Rafe either.

Chad is home, on the phone, making sure DiMansion is sealed up tighter than a drum. He is on the phone, telling whoever he wants to know if a leaf blows down from a tree, as he closes doors to the room he is in. He picks up Thomas's picture, looking at it, this will all work, I promise. And...uh, oh, Clyde is in the building!

While I really do like the idea that so many Salemites are going to be working together to bring down the trio of terror, I do not like that they are dragging it out. But then that is like that "Anticipation" song/commercial for Heinz Ketchup. LOL

But mostly, I do not like that these bad dudes are able to go around town so easily, never noticed by a cop, never one in the vicinity at all. Despite the fact these guys have been seen down on the docks, no cops around there, Roman isn't even sitting in on any of the planning stages.

And that said, I really cannot wait for the showdowns, as I am sure there is going to be.........as the old song says...oh, yes, I am the Great Pretender.

What an episode.

Hope told Jennifer she shot Stefano and Aiden is blackmailing her.

Interesting to learn all the children are at the hospital.

I'm glad Sonny and Chad made up.

According to the Salem calendar, Will died a year ago today. Lucas talked about it.
He tried to call Sami. He even mentioned Allie's name. Sonny and Paul talked about
Will's death too.

Orpheus had a funny line to Clyde about breaking into to the DiMera mansion
with a gun in one hand and disposable nappers in the other.

Andre found Clyde. Did Andre find him for his own reason or something else?

If there was any theme to today's episode, it was the dreams of the deluded.

Clyde: He actually thinks he can get in and out of the heavily-guarded DiMansion and then escape with Thomas to live happily ever after with diapers in one hand and a gun in the other. Orpheus is probably shaking his head and giving thanks that he's finished with the deluded Mr. Weston.

Andre: What does he think he's doing working with creepy Clyde? The last DiMera to cooperate with Clyde, EJ, came to a rather bad end. And why is he plotting against the interests of a fellow DiMera? Does he really think he could lead DiMera Enterprises?? Investors, hired thugs, and shareholders would flee in all directions. Kate's creepy friend really needs a dose of reality and a visitation from Ghost Stefano to set him straight about loyalty to la Famiglia.

Aiden: He's as deluded as Clyde and Andre. What makes him think that he can settle down to domestic tranquility with a woman who absolutely hates him?? If he had any smarts to begin with, they've long been supplanted by the infamous "Salem brain."

Finally, a different form of delusion is affecting Rafe. When is he going to realize that no former spouse of Bo Brady is going to submit to his heavy-handed blandishments?

Last edited:
So, is the power outage still in effect? Because everyone seems to have power, although it's been mostly daytime scenes the past number of days so it's hard to tell. Either that, or everyone is running off a generator.

Anyway, I too found it ludicrous that Clyde was at the pier and no cops around and then Andre just happens by. They actually stood there and talked for awhile too so it's not like it was a quick scene or near miss by the cops. I wonder if that is Clyde coming through from the tunnels there at the end or if it's a fake out and really Andre.

I'm glad that Chad and Sonny made up. I really liked the intervention by Gabi and Paul. Very nice scenes.

Lots of Will mentions today. It's good to know the writers didn't forget about killing him off.

So now Jennifer knows what Hope did. Sheesh....can we just have Stefano show up alive with some idiotic story of a look-a-like being killed or have it turn out that someone else shot Stefano and Hope only thinks she did. Anything to end this.

But Jen did listen, and now she wants to help.
As sick as I am of Hope and as much as I hate this story, I liked these scenes.
Rafe just says that Roman noted there was another, and then another, and thinks Aiden should be working on them. If it happens to keep him too busy to bother Hope, that won't upset Rafe either.
Does Roman boss the DA around typically? Even in Salem that seems odd.
According to the Salem calendar, Will died a year ago today. Lucas talked about it.
He tried to call Sami. He even mentioned Allie's name. Sonny and Paul talked about
Will's death too.
They're not that far off, for once. Will was murdered on 10/9/2015.
Anything to end this.
:clap::clap::clap:

I agree it was not very realistic that Clyde and Andre could be standing there jawing for as long as they did, when the whole town is supposedly crawling with cops. But once again, I was surprised to find myself almost kinda enjoying their scenes. They were entertaining in an amusing sort of way.

I also was glad Sonny and Chad mended their fence, and I enjoyed those scenes. But I was left wondering where do they go from there, concerning their families' businesses.

Andre telling Clyde he can't kill Chad himself because he is family today was laughable, as he killed his sister Renee when he was the Salem Slasher.

Gabi mentioned Arianna was at the hospital with the other kids today. I have been wondering where she was when Gabi's traipsing around town alone since Mama Hernandez has left town and Lucas and Marlena are tied up with the current crisis to take care of her. I liked Gabi and Paul working together to get Sonny and Chad to make up. We need more scenes with the twenty something crowd hanging out together, and hopefully JJ can join the group soon.

I loved Lucas mentioning Allie today. It would be great if Allie came to town to live with him. It's not fair of Sami to keep her away from him. It was also good to hear Lucas and Sonny remember that Will died a year ago today.

Hope, Rafe, and Aiden are on my last nerve with the three escaped villains on the loose. All three are more concerned about their own issues. Aiden's delusional thinking Hope is going to Oregon to live with him and Chase and that Ciara will come along too.

As for Hope, she goes and drags Jennifer in on the fact that she killed Stefano, but doesn't want her to help her with the problem. If she doesn't want Jen's help, why tell her? Speaking of the Salem PD, just where are the cops around town when the three escaped prisoners are running around town? I only see them in the pub or at the station.

As mentioned before. Andre and Clyde were talking for awhile with nobody on patrol finding them. Roman, especially, should be a pivotal part of the story finding Orpheus, but he's usually nowhere to be seen and was not even on the scene of Joey's rescue last week. Also, Hope and Rafe should be working with John, Marlena, Steve, and Kayla on their plan to capture the men, not worried about what Aiden is going to do regarding Stefano's murder.

I have a vision in my head of Andre and the Hillbilly continuing to stand on the pier for several more minutes laughing and slapping each other on the shoulder until finally:

Hillbilly: All right I've had just about enough of that.

Andre: Oh I completely agree plus we are just wasting time.

Trust me I think it would play out funnier on TV then just reading it because in in my head it is a HOOT! LOL

I loved how feisty Gabi was with Chad and Sonny at the Pub. They sounded like a couple of kids bickering on a play ground. "I didn't do it, you did!" "Nuh-uh you did!" "NO, YOU DID!" "NUH-UH!"

I thought Gabi showed remarkable restraint and patience in letting it go as long as it did. I was glad that they both realized how they sounded.

I am curious to see just what part Gabi has in Chad's plan. I'm glad to see her have some part in the saga of the Unholy Three even if it is a small on the periphery of it.
it.

I like Paul I really do. But much like Sonny I am getting tired of hearing him constantly rehash what happened between him and Will. Especially since Sonny has told him that wasn't the reason why he moved to Paris. Sonny had moved on from that before even he left, Paul really needs to do the same.

Kt, that possibility crossed my mind but I can't see how it would happen with people like Deimos and Victor still around. I think it could work fine for Sonny and Chad though. It will be interesting to see where this goes. I hope they don't just drop the subject, now that those two have made up.

As mentioned, so funny how Andre can happen upon Clyde but impossible for everyone else! Does Andre really want to have Chad killed? Part of me feels it's a set up.

Yes the Hope, Rafe, Aiden thing does bug me, especially since there are the criminals roaming around. I did like the scene with Jennifer even though not sure where it will go. Why can't Hope go to Victor to help him rid of Aiden for her?

Appreciated hearing Will (and Allie) being mentioned.

Good show, minus the awful Aiden storyline. As others said, this shouldn't be the focus of Rafe and Hope at the moment. I have no idea why the writers didn't wait until the serial killer stuff was over before having Aiden blackmail Hope. Nonetheless, while I'm shocked that Hope was dumb enough to tell Jennifer at this time what happened, I'm glad Jennifer was there for her and that her relationship with Hope is being showcased again. Too bad the same can't be said for Hope being there for Jennifer during her whole addiction storyline.

I love all the Will/Allie mentions and the fact that Chad and Sonny made up. We definitely need to see more of this crowd. I do hope Clyde is the first villain to kick the bucket. So tired of hearing about him and Ben all the time.

Andre wins line of the day with "My father was quite the ladies man," - how many babymamas did Stefano have in the end? I lost count.

Nice of them to retouch on Adrienne's cancer scare.

Will got mentioned more times today than in the last year total, including his funeral episode.

I love that Miss Priss Jennifer is horrified that Aiden is being a manipulative jerk but doesn't seem fussed at all that Hope murdered Stefano.

Speaking of Hope and Jennifer, I found it really awkward that they were discussing Ciara's rape on the couch where it took place.

This was probably mentioned up above, but just wanted to chime in and say that I absolutely loved the scene with Chad and Sonny. They are both fantastic actors and so handsome, I felt the feeling of friendship come right through the screen.

Great acting, and Gabi was spot on too. Those three could take over the show and I would be one happy fan.

Back