Days of Our Lives - Tues. Oct. 14, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, October 14, 2014

It is morning in Salem. Ben, Will & Sonny are in the apt. ready to go play basketball, when Sami calls. Will is very short with her, figures she & EJ did not come to the party because they are both ticked at him, he understands, is in a hurry. But Sami, who is in bed, cuts him short, finally getting thru to him that she has something to tell him. She stumbles a bit, but manages to finally tell him that EJ is dead. Will & Sonny will be over right away. Ben rushes off in another direction.

Abby returns from a run, all happy, best run she ever had, sees the solemn faced Jennifer & JJ, and learns about EJ. She is all upset, Ben arrives, Jen & JJ leave, Ben comfots Abby, who is feeling guilty over hating EJ, and the last thing she ever said to him being she never wanted to see him again.

At the hospital, Jennifer thanks JJ for coming with her, he needed to get out, give Abby & Ben some time alone. She wonders if perhaps she should invite Ben to dinner, isn't sure, then figures she will invite Paige, too, then it won't be awkward. But JJ appears to not think that a good idea, just tells his mom he & Paige are taking a couple steps back, then rushes off after getting a text he "has to take".

Nicole arrives at Daniel's apartment, wondering why he texted her, just got back from Chicago, is told about EJ, they talk a lot, exchange a few memories, finally agree to meet later for coffee at the Pub.

The episode is filled with a lot of tears, sadness, regrets, and it is really impossible to write it all.

Brady shows up at Kristen's, making sure she is o.k. She hugs him, he eventually pushes her away. She takes advantage to boo hoo to him, but manages to get onto the subject of John, who is doing very well. Brady accepts the responsibility, she hints around about there possibly being something else, but Brady is leaving NOW. She gets a call from Father, will call him back. She begs Brady to stay, talk, just one more time of talking, but he leaves.

Sami comes down, Eric, Marlena, & Caroline are there. Hugs, talking, tears from Sami. Will & Sonny arrive, Marlena & Caroline go upstairs to the kids. Will is all apologies for how he was speaking to her on the phone, for all the things he said to her & EJ before, and evidently he had decided not to do the article, was going to tell them last night at the party. Sami is fine, EJ understood, loved him, they talked of how they were all going to be a family anew.
Caroline comes in, has gotten a call from the Pub, they need the storeroom key. Eric will take it, he leaves. She goes back up with the kids.
Nicole is at the Pub, has called sister Taylor to tell her. She decides to have a drink, gets up, spots Eric. She did not know he would be there, they exchange a few words, she gets a work call, goes off. Daniel arrives, looking for Nicole, Eric tells about the call, then is surprised they are friends again. He then wonders why he & Kristen are getting so cozy and talking together. Nicole comes out, doesn't believe Daniel would have anything to do with Kristen, but Eric is adamant they are talking together a lot.

Back at DiMansion, marlena answers the door, a man hands her a big box. Next she is entering the study with an urn. Sami knows what it is, says EJ always said he wanted to be cremated. Will thinks this was awful quick, Marlena asks about a service. No, EJ did not want one, thought it would be too upsetting for the kids. She is keeping a stiff upper lip, and says she is going to check on the kids. She goes out in the foyer, and breaks down just as Brady arrives. He holds her, comforts her.

They both enter the study, she talks about being able to do this, be strong, grabs a family picture of her, EJ and the kids, and talks about protecting the kids, keeping them safe from Stefano. She can definitely do this.

Kristen is on the phone with Stefano, who thanks her for tending to his request so quickly. She hopes it works. He says they will have to see. EJ's body just arrived. That b**** Samantha will never know those ashes she has are not those of her husband.
Camera is back to showing Sami's face, with her look of determination.

When Sami told everyone at the house that EJ was very specific that he be cremated and that His Father never get his body!!!

Ooops, looks like what EJ wanted never to happen just did..So was that what Kristen meant by hoping it works?? The switch (cremated remains) on Sami?

Now Stefano did say "EJ's body" so that kind of gave me the impression he is really dead.. So what was the injection for?

Stefano is supposed to be in Europe. Fast service on getting the body there. EJ did not want Stefano to get his body and bury it with the rest of the DiMeras.
I agree about the "Frankenstein" idea.
Remember, Stefano is the one who got a doctor to transform, via plastic surgery, some half balding, chubby ex-con, into the handsome, muscular, thick haired Rafe Hernandez, complete with abdominal scar. I guess even the teeth! LOL
Stefano has a penchant for finding these mad scientists, who must have all gone to the same morbid university.

So, I think today's show rules out EJ and Sami being together, but with this show who knows! Sami's all the sudden talking of protecting the kids from Stefano (where was all this protectiveness when she let the kids live there with him??), makes me think she will leave and go into hiding from him.

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum...JS

Brady didn't have to say a word when he walked into DiMansion, and he got me. I don't cry over tv very often, but there has been some very good acting these past few days that has brought me to tears. Good grief!

Maybe it's partially that EJ didn't do much to most of these people that should cause them to be too concerned about his death. Even Sami has, at times, done things that might cause others to not extend their sympathy. Yet, people from her family to Nicole are extending sympathy to Sami, maybe simply because they know what it's like to lose someone they love - regardless of how others felt about that person or that couple. It really is touching to think that people can still be kind and caring in time of need whether or not it is deserved. That really speaks more highly of those people offering the sympathy than it says anything about the deceased. (Yes, it's just a tv show! LOL)

Stefano's last words were something to the effect that Elvis was now where he belongs, with his "familia" (family). What if that injection Kristen gave was just a preservative of some kind, embalming fluid??? Sami did say EJ did not want Stefano to have his body and be buried with the rest of the DiMeras. So what if that injection was formaldehyde, which would delay decomposing of the body....thus keep it in good enough condition to survive the transport to Italy. ???

Stefano has a penchant for finding these mad scientists, who must have all gone to the same morbid university.
Perhaps, the University of Alamania has courses in resurrection science taught by Rolf and Chyka. That said, it wouldn't be too surprising if no more was heard of Stefano's body snatching until some date in the future when the writers need an explanation (no matter how far fetched) for the return of EJ. Finally, everyone seemed to be on their best behavior today, except, who else, sanctimonious Eric. He goes from being the kind, consoling brother to making sour statements about McScruffy's contacts with Kristen. Give it a rest, Eric. Maybe you need a quick refresher from Aiden about the concept of "benefit of the doubt."

I will say this : the acting is indeed great. So bravo for that ! The storyline ? Nope, not so much. It does not do anything for me. In fact, I can't wait for it to be over and I don't even care to know what's going to happen to EJ's body. Back in the good old days, I did care about Steve's body when the men took his coffin away from the cemetery and I had to wait 15 years to see this beloved character again. But EJ ? No, not so much. I don't care if he never comes back. In fact, I hope he doesn't. To hear Sami once again pouring the sob story just has me gagging. So apparently, EJ always tried to protect Will. :sick::sick: Does that include the time he blackmailed Will ? :beat:

Brady is still brainless to go see Kristen. He should not care one iota that she lost her brother. (Yes, I know, I'm mean, mean, mean. :) But since this is a show, I can be !)

Eric is still, like DrBakerFan said, a sanctimonious jerk. :rolleyes: Nicole and Daniel were great before Eric got in the picture and ruined it all.

Abigail, Ben, Jennifer (Hey, Jen ! By the way, Dunkin Donuts called and they want their template for their twisted doughnut back), JJ, Paige : Again, I don't care !!!!

Although line of the day goes to JJ : "What ! Because the guy is dead (EJ), we're supposed to think he was a Saint ?" :clap::clap:

Anyway, thanks for the summary, as usual, Poirot.

Edited to add : Great minds think alike, JS. I was typing when you typed your post about EJ blackmailing Will.

I forgot to add, what in the blazes was Jennifer wearing today??????????????? There has been some bad outfits but that....that...sweater/vest/dead turkey/Christmas/I have NO idea what shirt that they made that poor actress wear today, yikes!!

So the plot thickens a bit. I'm not sure if Stefano had Kristen inject EJ with something to preserve him or to revive him but I don't think we're supposed to know. I think the writers purposely left that up in the air so that they would have a plausible (for soaps in general, and in Salem specifically) reason for EJ showing up alive and well down the road should they choose to go that route. It looks like Sami will perhaps take the kids and go into some sort of hiding to keep them safe from Stefano. I'm perfectly fine with this scenario.

I must admit I think Alison Sweeney (Sami) is doing a fabulous job as a grieving widow. I may not like the pairing of her and EJ nor some of the dialogue the last few days but I can imagine the pain of losing your husband in such a horrific manner would come in waves like she's shown. When she stepped away from the others saying she was going to go be with the kids and she started to fall apart at the bottom of the steps and then looked up and there was Brady, I started crying. I loved that scene. I have really liked Sami and Brady's relationship as step-siblings the past few years. I almost like their interaction more than hers with Eric who is supposed to be her twin.

Speaking of Eric.....I once again wanted to punch him in the face. First he basically turned his nose up at Nicole even though he could tell she was hurting over the news of EJ's death. He pretty much mumbled an "I'm sorry" and probably wanted to follow that up with "get the hell out of my family's restaurant". Then Daniel walks in, ready to meet up with Nicole, and saint Eric ain't havin' none of that. There are words that I want to use to describe Eric but unfortunately they're not allowed on this board so I'll just head to the corner and see if Rew's got a shot of rum for me to calm down. :drunk:

Back