Days of Our Lives - Tues., Oct. 18, 2016

It just dawned on me about Hope. Aiden compared to Stefano is chump change, and the moves and holds Hope had to wiggle through around him, plus the Princess Gina effect, they should write a way for her to cause Aiden to trap himself

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, are the writers even aware that it was not John that was Orpheus' partner and killed his wife, but it was originally Roman? Because it seems they keep confusing the issue by Orpheus telling John he did it, but also admitting that he regretted not having a chance to get at Roman.

Hope was actually useful today and actually thought about someone else other than herself for a few minutes while diffusing the bomb on Jen that Eduardo walked her through.

The Devereaux family were not having a good day today with Jen having a bomb strapped to her and JJ getting shot. It was a good thing Marlena came along to help JJ.

What was the purpose of Seth Burns locking down the hospital and refusing service to sick and injured people? Won't the hospital be in trouble for denying service to people in need? I liked the way Kayla and Steve worked out a plan for him to escape the hospital to go help John. I loved the ending with Steve coming in to rescue John just as Orpheus was about to kill him.

Last edited:
Any episode that so prominently features John, Steve, Marlena, Jennifer (in non-ranting mode, and boy did she look scared!), good cop Hope, and Dr Kayla starts out high in my book. And this one didn't disappoint.

Okay, are the writers even aware that it was not John that was Orpheus' partner and killed his wife, but it was originally Roman?
It sure seemed like it up until this episode. I had the impression that Orpheus hated John/Marlena for the on-screen stuff from his last trip to Salem, and hated Roman for the death of Ms Rebecca Harp-Orpheus. That was, until today. Has Orpheus even met the current Roman? And why does he not recognise Hope? Admittedly the majority of the flashbacks have focused on Steve/Kayla vs Orpheus, but I thought Bo & Hope were a part of that as well?

So.........is there confusion about John/Roman/Orpheus because way back then, for some time, John was thought to be Roman?

I WAS under the impression that original Roman (Wayne Northrup) was the one who shot Rebecca, and then along came Roman played by Drake Hogestyn, for several years, and then was discovered to not be Roman, who was still alive, having been held captive......or some such.

I know it gets confusing in reading past summaries, as one would not know if the Roman being discussed is being played by Wayne Northrup, Drake Hogestyn, or even Josh Taylor, who plays the present Roman. After all, a character is a character.

But I do agree that if Orpheus has a problem with John, he should not be referring to him killing his wife. I thought maybe the show was having Orpheus be careful there, just referring to being without his wife, or suffering because of her death, etc.

The writers have really jumbled up Roman and John with the Orpheus storyline.

When Orpheus first came on, John was Roman. It was said that back in the day, Roman and Orpheus were partners, and that Roman accidentally killed Rebecca. That all happened off-screen and was before Wayne Northrop's Roman started on the show.

So everything that happened with Orpheus and Rebecca happened with Roman.

Then when Orpheus came and kidnapped Marlena and blew up the Brady house, that was all John (who thought he was Roman).

The writers apparently can't keep straight who was who back then (in regards to John and Roman).

Ok so all the flashbacks available would be John, right? Maybe that's why they've gone this way. But it wouldn't have killed the writers to have put Roman in the pub.

I feel like the bomb bearer would have had more impact if it was on Caroline, but I gather the actress is frequently unavailable these days. Between Jack dying (repeatedly), Abby's PTSD/pychosis/fake death, Jennifer having a bomb strapped to her, and JJ being shot, it feels like someone really hates the Deveraux family.

I think what adds to the confusion is the show aired a newly created flashback of Drake Hogestyn (John) shooting Rebecca but he was playing Roman at the time. Since Wayne Nothrop (Roman) was no longer on the show, they used Drake Hogestyn. I think the show recently aired this flashback again.

This rewrite would be fine if Orpheus weren't also mentioning he was out to get Roman too. But he keeps mentioning Roman even though he now incorrectly claims John is the one who shot Rebecca.

Oh brother, I missed the newly created flashback with John shooting Rebecca. Would've been better had they done some creative editing to look like Wayne Nortrop's Roman had shot her. (and paid him for the brief flashback)

Thinking about this, unless I missed it, but who strapped the bomb to Jennifer? She went upstairs to get Caroline, but how did the bomb get on her? It couldn't have been Orpheus as he was outside the door.

The person we saw in the shadows, looked like a doctor who had his hands on someone moving them along. Maybe Orpheus hired this "doctor" do a part of his dirty work?

It was explained that Orpheus had his thug Laslo upstairs, it was he who strapped the bomb on Jen. So.....when Orpheus disarmed the table bomb, in exchange for John going with him, he later bragged to John there was still another bomb in the Pub that would go off.

She specifically said "some guy named Lazlo or something," (something along those lines) which I thought was weird, because why would the hired good introduce himself.

"Hi Jennifer, I'm Lazlo, nice to meet you, now be a good girl and put this on!"

When Orpheus first came on, John was Roman. It was said that back in the day, Roman and Orpheus were partners, and that Roman accidentally killed Rebecca. That all happened off-screen and was before Wayne Northrop's Roman started on the show.

So everything that happened with Orpheus and Rebecca happened with Roman.

Then when Orpheus came and kidnapped Marlena and blew up the Brady house, that was all John (who thought he was Roman).

JS, thank you for the backstory. When this storyline occurred, I was still in college and was unable to really watch full-time due to being in class/studying.

Back