Days of Our Lives - Tues. Oct. 28, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, October 28, 2014

DiMansion study is full of boxes that are being packed up to send to CA. Sami is giving instructions to Harold, as Hope arrives with Ciara. Just then Allie comes running in, can't find her doll, Veronica, then remembers she last had her in the garden. Allie runs out to search, Hope suggests Ciara go help, but she object, they just got there. Hope prevails, and Ciara follows Allie out. Now Ciara learns that they are going to Hollywood, allie suggests Ciara come, too. Meanwhile Sami has told Aunt Hope she has to say goodbye, and all the reasons why. Allie & Ciara come back, Ciara found Allie's doll, she goes to pack it up, but when Hope asks Ciara to go help, Ciara balks. She insists her best friend Allie invited her to go to Hollywood, and she wants to go. She can even perhaps play herself in the film. Hope says no, reasons with her, which doesn't do too much good, but Ciara goes up to help Allie. Sami understands, Ciara is having a hard time because of the divorce, Hope agrees, talks of missing her father, then apologizes for being so insensitive. Sami admits she is going mostly for the kids, get them away from this house, Stefano, the memories, but for herself as well. Lots of hugs, goodbyes, I love you, etc. etc.

Sami is in the square with Johnny, who spies Abby, runs to give her a hug, babbles about Hollywood, then sees his friend, Michael, goes to say hi. Abby starts to say she intended to write a sympathy letter, thought it would be inappropriate, Sami interrupts, says it would. Abby wishes her well, takes her leave, but Sami calls her back, saying she is not going to hold on to that anger, she is getting rid of it, pushing it aside. Abby nods and leaves. Sami calls Johnny and takes off as well.

Jen comes downstairs, mentions Gramma having surgery, so she is going to go be with her for about 2 weeks. She looks for JJ, but he already left the house. Abby tells her not to worry, that JJ may have something on his mind, but he is o.k.
JJ has come to see Daniel, tells him about trying to tell Paige about his dad and Aunt Kayla, how it doesn't get out, how Rory spotted Jill, they all went looking, Paige found her, and while Jill did not say anything negative about JJ, she seemed to have insinuated that when the drugs took effect, he came on to her, and bragged about other gals as well.
Daniel thinks he needs to get Paige by herself, talks of him having the key, and he & Paige can have the place to themselves. Outside the door, Jennifer has heard the last part of this, walks away, stops JJ when he comes out, asks about the key to Daniel's apt. JJ explains it is for when they babysit, Paige has one, too. He takes off, and Jen goes rampaging into Daniel's office, ranting and raving at him about giving key to her son, keeping things from her, yada, yada. Daniel is trying to explain, but she won't let him get a word in. She goes on and on, he keeps secrets, no wonder she can't trust him. Daniel assures her he tells JJ to talk to his mother, advising Jennifer to just LISTEN to him. Now she rants again, about him telling her how to parent, blah, blah, blah. She doesn't know who he is anymore, but he tells her that when she keeps at him like this, he doesn't know who she is either. Finally, she tells him that she never thought she would say this, but whatever love she ever felt for him is gone, completely gone, she storms out.

Kristen sits listening to the recording of Theresa confessing to whacking John, very delighted. Anne arrives with the info necessary for the scholarship program, babbles as she usually does. Kristen listens a bit, manages to get her to leave. She texts Brady.

Aiden is in the square, remembering his conversation with Ciara, buying a bunch of flowers, then taking a second bunch. Later, he is at the Pub with Hope & Ciara, having given them both the flower bouquets, and is telling Ciara that everyone would miss her if she left Salem. And while she might want to go to Hollywood and be a star, she is already a star right there.

Brady & Theresa enter her living room, evidently coming from the bedroom, he is buttoning his shirt, telling her he doesn't know where this is heading, if anywhere. She isn't worried, glad to help his forget all about Kristen. He has to go check on his dad, will be bringing him home today. She will tag along, except Anne arrives right then. Brady leaves alone, an exasperated Theresa listens to Anne go on and on about this scholarship and Kristen. Theresa brushes it all aside, she is putting Anne on, anything Kristen does is only to get to Brady. Theresa leaves for the hospital.

Brady is in with his dad, glad he doing so well, and will be coming home. John is asking what Brady is doing in his spare time, Brady assures him he is not with Kristen, he told her to leave town. Right then, he gets the text and takes off to take care of something.

Theresa comes into John's room, thinks he is sleeping, but he calls to her. He really says little, but is pretty cool about how he eventually says to her that he remembers everything about that night he was hurt, very clearly. Cue Theresa's scared face.

Brady arrives at Kristen's, and a lot of time is spent beating around the bush about the info she has. He almost takes off, but she finally plays the recording on her tablet/laptop. brady is all set to leave, but then he hears Theresa's voice, admitting she is the one who whacked John.

Ack! I missed it!!

I'll give the writers credit, the twist with John/Kristen/Jeannie T was unexpected. I'm curious to see how Dumbo Brady will react.

Sami letting go of her anger with Abby? I suspect we've been zapped to a parallel universe!!

I really like how Aiden/Hope/Ciara are being written. I'd sure miss her if she left town!!

Jen...please, go a lot away. (Can someone see if Mr Greenblatt would be interested in the Jennifer Rose business? PLEASE!!?!?)

Kristen sits listening to the recording of Theresa confessing to whacking John, very delighted. Anne arrives with the info necessary for the scholarship program, babbles as she usually does. Kristen listens a bit, manages to get her to leave. She texts Brady.
Kristen was secretly recording Anne as she was talking and then did some editing with Anne's voice. She added the recording (of Anne saying and spelling her name) to the sound-clip she had of Theresa saying she was the one who hit John.

I guess somehow Kristen thought by having a recording of Anne saying and spelling her name it made the recording of Theresa more believable??

Well, I must say, of all the things to break up over, your ex-boyfriend giving your grown son a key to ex-boyfriend's apartment so son can babysit ex's kid, has to be one of the stranger things. But if it takes, then I'm all for it.

So Jenn is going to be off-screen for a bit?? Since she is going to help her Mom after surgery, cool, maybe the REAL Jennifer Rose Horton will return?

Or better yet, she will get lost on the way over there, never to return again.

I'm so tired of seeing Jen Jen rant and rave. Enough, already. She's become unwatchable. Daniel should have kicked her out of his office the minute the witch entered.

I FF most of the rest, as I'm not that invested anymore. JJ, Paige, the disturbing flashbacks of Eve and JJ . I can't say enough I'm disgusted by that... I really, really hope the writers will not go, well... there. :sick:

I can't wait for Sami to leave (I'm sorry, but that's how I feel). I can't believe all the time that's been given to her and EJ's departure. When we think about other beloved vet's treatments. :beat:

I hated Kristen mentioning Eric trying to forgive her. :sick: While the dimwit still won't give Nicole anything but nasty looks and horrible remarks. And I don't trust Brady to do anything right anymore anyway. So Kristen's return is pretty pointless in my view.

So Ciara wants to go to Hollywood? She and Sami have managed to coexist in Salem, but if their respective egos inflate because of their show business experiences, Tinseltown won't be big enough to hold the two of them. Imagine Ciara reading a headline story about Sami in Variety and then calling her agent demanding that she get equal treatment. Otherwise, certain truths were uttered today: 1) Anne Milbauer's rants can't begin to compare with Prissy Jenny's volcanic eruptions; 2) It's always a bad idea to tell overly-sensitive Jen Jen that she's being "overly sensitive"; and 3) When Kristen says she's being "totally open," it means that she's about to stick a knife in somebody's back.

You forgot one nasty little bit, Poirot: JJ is in Daniel's apartment, gets a call from a friend, they chat. The friend tells JJ he saw Paige heading home. JJ thanks him and leaves the apartment to meet her, but then flashes back to touching Eve's hand, and says "I can't meet her there if Eve's gonna be home". Earlier, Daniel had asked if anything else is bothering JJ. He told Daniel nothing else is bothering him, but also flashed back to touching Eve's hand.

I don't know what is worse: Daniel and Kristen this week, or how we are probably going to see Eve in the sack with JJ soon:sick:
Jennifer was completely out of line with Daniel! The shrew kept interrupting and blaming him! I hope they're done, but something tells me they won't be for quite some time. Hey--at least we're getting a break from Haggifer for a bit.

Speaking of the most annoying characters leaving canvas, I'm actually starting to warm up a tad to Sami. Her farewell scenes to Hope were nice and I'm glad she's putting her feud with Abigail in the past, where it belongs. Hope's scenes with Aiden were great, and he is really great with Ciara. Hope better keep her attitude in check!

The whole Brady/John/Kristen/Anne/Theresa thing is heating up. Methinks Anne will be fired, now that Kristen recorded her voice and Brady will know the truth. I think he is a board member at the hospital, after all.

I liked the scenes between Sami and Hope but was hoping for some flashbacks. I don't know, maybe these two haven't shared a ton of scenes together over the years but I'm sure they could have found something from the vault that would have made sense other than the one with Ciara that just occurred relatively recently.

This JJ/Eve stuff has got to stop. I am going to be so ill if this goes where it looks like it's going. :sick:

There are just no words for Jennifer. I wanted to put duct tape over her mouth today. I still continue to fail to see why the writers insist on beating this horse. She couldn't be bothered with taking a breath long enough for Daniel to get a word in. I love how she automatically assumed Daniel was opening up his home to JJ and Paige to have sex. Wow. What really ticked me off though was how she so callously called him a liar when he told her that he had advised JJ to talk to her about what was bothering him! What a complete and total witch! And by the way Jennifer, your son is an ADULT. :beat:

I have a feeling Brady is not going to react to the news of Theresa causing John's coma quite the way Kristen hopes.

What the heck are they doing to Jennifer??? She is off her rocker!!! Her son is in college, cut the strings. Dan is being a friend. Maybe JJ doesn't want to talk to his mommy about some things. Why does she think its ALL about her!! I really wanted to smack her today.

OK so Sami is going to Hollywood, I have already said what a dumb story this is, but after today's talk with Hope I just got to thinking... Sami says how the kids were making fun of Johnny because he is a Dimera... so you are going to make a movie and let the whole world see your crazy life. How is that going to make him feel?

Please just give me more Nicole and Lucas stories.

@daysdg.......you know, I remembered that as I was typing, then it left my mind completely, as I was in a hurry to post and get into town for a few errands, and it is so cold and rainy here. grrr.
@js.......Kristen only wanted Anne to say and spell her name so she had proof to Brady that the person to whom Theresa was legit. Yes she did record it so she could play it first for Brady, but he recognized Anne's voice anywhere.
To me, there was a lot of time wasted in that scene, before Kristen FINALLY played the recording for Brady. No wonder Brady got exasperated.

Sami and Hope have had a few really good conversations. Shoot, I'd have taken a Ciara/Sami flashback. I was really surprised there weren't any though. Makes me wonder if there will be between her and Caroline, Marlena, Roman. She can't have many (if any) with Eric.

Bummer....the last 10 minutes of the show were pre-empted by a news flash that John Goodman, the millionaire who owns the horsey stuff here in Southern Florida is indeed guilty of the 2 charges that he was guilty of 2 years ago, when one of the jury members was disqualified and sent to jail for lying to the judge before being seated. I guess I'll be able to see it tomorrow on Hulu or something. However, in the meantime, that's what your daily rundown is great for giving us!!

@missharley, they showed a flashback to Sami and Ciara fighting over the earring which just happened less than a year ago. I was hoping there was something of just Sami and Hope from years ago. I think they will definitely do some fun flashbacks of Marlena, Roman, and Caroline. At least I hope so.

I got a kick out of how Kristen was trying to get Brady to listen and she said it's worse than anything she has ever done. What????

I cannot believe they are writing Jennifer this way. Cringe worthy times 1,000. She is making everything about her or she can't handle the fact that it's not about her? Bad hair today as well.

Ewww, ewww, ewwww regarding JJ and Eve. I really like JJ and the actor and he needs to be out of the sleezy stories.

Ciara is always fun to watch, love Aiden and Hope.

There is a sort of history of mental illness in Jennifer's family (or maybe her mother, Laura, was sort of intentionally driven to a breakdown by Kate and her involvement with Laura's husband, Bill.) Could Jennifer's tendency toward the fringe be rearing it's ugly head? Is she heading toward a period of "convalescence?"

I really hope Jennifer's behavior has greater meaning as well. Because then she can be redeemed later on and potentially put back together with Daniel in a less boring way.

I also hope Sami gets to say farewell to Rafe. I'd like to see some flashbacks from the safe house.

Back