Days of Our Lives - Tues., Oct. 3, 2017

So, you don't like Paul?? I kinda do but maybe that's from having watched Hawaii 5-0! Lol!
I like Paul OK. He's John's son, even if illogically so, so I like him by default. I didn't like how he pursued a guy he knew was in a relationship when he tried for a round three with "writer" Will. Then he went after Sonny and stalked him based on a fake backstory that didn't track with what we'd been told. I gave him a pass because of the crummy writing though and gave him a chance when Quan/Higley took over. They ignored him. Then one day, Sonny comes back to town, and another day, they're back in love. Sorry, it didn't work for me. It's hard for me to believe that Sonny loved Paul before Will (enough to propose marriage to the closeted athlete, there's not an emoticon for my reaction to this), and even harder for me to believe that he doesn't see Will and think about what Will did every time Paul's around.

Soaps make a huge mistake when they try to sell every character's new love as the one, perfect, awesome, immortal true love. Sonny and Paul are just time filling and fortunately the lame writing they've been given hasn't convinced me otherwise. (And even worse, Days tries to sell us on just one couple at a time lately.)

I'd have been much happier if Paul had been with Derrick, or Bryan, or Neil, or Karim, or Dustin, or Matteo, or any other gay character in Salem USA.

As to who would win a sleaze-off between 2015 Paul and 2015 Will...it's a straight-up tie. But again, the writing for Sonny/Will was abominable at the time (Sonny's out-of-nowhere need to compete with Will's 'success' as a writer which led to him losing all their money, Will going to LA to 'write' the Sami Brady story :sick::eek::eek::sick:, etc). If I had my druthers, and we've sailed past this point now, the show would reset to before any of that. (Also note that all the writing was pretty bad at that time - the introduction of Paige and Serena/Xander also happened around this time, Kayla was wiping down the bar, Bo and Steve were absent and being destroyed, Melanie and Brady hooked up, Chad returned and André brainwashed him, Shawn/Belle were divorced again, etc etc etc.)

While I do agree that we have had horrible writing for some time, the fact remains that Paul & Sonny were a couple at one time, long before Sonny ever met Will. Yep, Paul did not want to "come out" to his adoring public, for whatever reason, and Sonny put up with that. He went to all the cities, etc. but, finally, felt that being the hidden lover was not what he wanted in life, and thus he left Paul, the road tours, etc.

I don't doubt Paul loved him, but....his career was more important back then.

I don't think Paul is a sleaze, I think he is a really nice guy. I do think Will was awful to Sonny in their relationship. Will cheated, knowingly and purposely, left his new husband, not for a few weeks, but 6 mos...and cheated on him again!

As to Will's death, going to be interesting to see the explanation, if he is still alive. The dead body was carted around, checked several times, and was in the morgue with Sami & Lucas. Am assuming now that no autopsy was performed...Salemites are sure lucky in that respect, aren't they? :sarcasm:

I was away and didn't see this episode until about an hour ago. If it had a theme, it could be called the perceptive and the deluded. The perceptive included Marlena for her remark, "Such strange things going on over the years, it [Will being alive] might be true," and John for "never say never." Even John-hating Sami would have to agree that "that's a fact."

The deluded include: Kate for perpetuating the myth that Will, who couldn't string together two grammatical sentences, was a "gifted writer." and Abe for thinking that appointing a former convicted felon, Hope, is providing Salemites just the person who'll make them feel safe.

Back