Days of Our Lives - Tues., Oct. 4, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, October 4, 2016

And the corporate wars begin. Only color me confused, as I feel I missed something somewhere, an entire episode perhaps? The Kiriakis men are gathered together, arguing over some mistake in judgement causing a lot of companies to drop them in their shipping division. Evidently, with the power outage, the looting, (sorry, I just could not grasp this all) Brady made a decision to do some kind of raid down on the docks, it failed, so the rug is being pulled out from under Titan. Philip in particular really gets on Brady's case. Theresa comes into the room, but is ushered out by Deimos as they all have to stay focused right now. (Brady kissed her - distraction!). She leaves, goes to the Pub, has arms full of water bottles, which she sets down, calls Eve and whines about the Kiriakis men, the mistake Brady made, everyone picking on him. Eve advises her to "go stand by your man", instead of yakking to me. Yep, this is what she will do.

Over at DiMansion, Kate is making the case for letting Andre back into the family, the business. Chad refuses, adamantly, Andre promises to be good, Kate yaks, Chad finally agrees. But doesn't trust Andre. Kate will keep an eye on Andre. Now Andre wants a share of the money Belle returned, but then will give it back to Chad to invest in the company. Chad wants to use it to finance the high tech division that is starting up, but Kate says it is earmarked to reduce debt. Chad never heard about debt, Kate claims he was busy with the the baby and Abigail's illness, no one wanted to bother him. Andre now mentions the problem at the docks, the Kiriakis losing business, and those companies supposedly eager to come to DiMera. Chad is hesitant.

Over at the Kmansion, the arguing continues, Brady finally figures he will go down to the docks to try and smooth things over. Sonny will go with, but Justin reminds him, that only he & Sonny are employees, they have to be the front men, the others work behind the scenes. Later, Brady returns, no dice, also reports that Andre has been seen down there. Sonny leaves, meets up in the park with Chad, asks him as his friend, not to take advantage of the situation with the Kiriakis shipping.

When he returns to Kmansion, more arguing, picking on Brady, but in comes Theresa, breathing fire. She reads them all a riot act about how they are treating Brady, who was trying to help, did something, when no one else stepped forward to do so. There is some talk about getting Victor in on this, but he is at hospital with Maggie, needs to be there with her. Theresa finishes spitting sparks, walks out of the room, Brady follows her. She apologizes for shooting off her mouth, he stops her with a kiss. Inside the room, Deimos is telling them all that Theresa is right, that they have to stand together, as one whiff that they are divided, and the vultures will be descending. They have to stand together.

Gabi is walking with a friend to her jewelry store, windows are boarded up everywhere. Dario & JJ had met, the club is boarded up, they both go to check (in separate directions) other stores, see about stopping the looting. Gabi & her friend are accosted by two thugs, one wielding a baseball bat. Gabi recognizes one (who calls her chica) as the fellow who attacked her before. He remembers the pepper spray, hurt his eyes for long time after. She whips her vial out, warns them off. They know the girls just unlocked the door to the jewelry shop, want to go in and they will leave. Gabi stands firm, scolds them for looting when everyone is suffering during the power outage, and finally, she sprays, getting the guy with the bat, the other ducks, grabs gabi, she is struggling, and bingo, here comes JJ, gun drawn, and Dario from the other way. Dario realizes the one guy is the one he hired.

At the cop shop, the guys are handcuffed, seated, Gabi identifies the one as the guy who attacked her. He turns and says her brother hired him to do it. When they are alone, Gabi lights into Dario, (I think she slaps him), he explains the guy was to scare Rafe, not her, and that he only wanted it to look as though this was coming from Eduardo's past. She asks if he wrote the note that sent Eduardo out of town, he denies that. She says all her life, all she ever wanted was her family all together, and when they finally nearly had it, Dario had to ruin it all. Mami is gone, and now Papi. Dario leaves the room, did not mean to hurt her, is sorry. JJ comes in, the bad guys are behind bars, won't bother anyone again. She embraces her hero, her superhero.

At DiMansion, Justin comes to try and get Adrienne to "come home", she will be safer there. She refuses, she & Lucas came there to help Chad. Trying to deal with the loss of Abby, getting the business back, taking care of Thomas, all overwhelming for him. She has to tend to Thomas, tells Justin to leave.

Later, Chad, Kate & Andre are once again talking business. Chad mentioning that Sonny asked him as a friend to not take advantage. Kate has already warned him that in 6 mos., at the rate DiMera Enterprises is going, they will go bankrupt, saying then he won't have anything for Thomas except the good name. Adrienne comes in with Thomas, hands him to his daddy.Chad holds him, kisses him, lifts him into the air, is smiling, and tells Andre to get it in motion.

And then there is Clyde, on the phone with Jeremiah, complaining about how he intended to shoot Aiden, but got the mayor instead, but he is not going after him any more. Family is more important, and he has to think of Ben, who had his son ripped away from him. O.K. Thomas is in the house, which is like a fortress. No one can get in. He thanks Jeremiah, hangs up, telling himself that he doesn't know how, but he will get in there, get Thomas, take him to Ben, will get Ben out of the hospital, and then the 3 of them will be together.

This one was really hard to follow so thanks Poirot. I believe it was last Wednesday or Thursday's episode where Brady and Sonny went down to the docks and decided to confront the 3 villains on their own. There was a shoot out but it was a false alarm. I guess that was the catalyst for this company collapse. I'm actually impressed they tied the 2 things together as I thought that was just a one off situation.

That said, those scenes with the Kiriakis men were very chauvinistic once again. I don't like Jeannie T but kicking her out was ridiculous. Deimos needs to be kicked out.

What a waste of Eve today.

And it's laughable that Chad is now taking orders on how to run his company from a woman with half her hair blue and a known serial killer. :rolleyes: And what will happen to Belle now? She is only there to help Chad make the company legitimate.

CAN WE PLEASE GET OFFICE SETS???? It is laughable watching these characters running multi-million dollar companies form living rooms. It takes away from the drama and seriousness of the issue.

Glad Gabi knows the truth but where was Rafe? He should have been included in all this.

Once again, all the talk about Brady doing something for the family with no mention about how Joey and Claire's lives were put at risk with that stupid stunt Brady pulled. Claire is related to the Kiriakis family as well as being Brady's niece, and Joey is Theresa's and Sonny's cousin! I guess if you are not part of the Kiriakis branch of the family, your life doesn't count to the Kiriakis clan. I was actually rooting for Philip and Justin in this talk.

Poor Chad is being very naive in dealing with Kate and Andre. Kate and Andre are going to keep DiMera enterprises what Stefano built it up to be. Chad should have hired Lucas again to help him run the company. Lucas would have been more honest in running the company than his mother. This endeavor will hurt his friendship with Sonny.

I liked feisty Gabi today and she found out that Dario caused the problems with Eduardo and hired the guy that attacked her. I really wish Rafe had been part of this scene as well and he would have discovered what Dario did. I also liked JJ coming to Gabi's rescue today,

Who knew that the biggest businesses in Salem were so fragile? If Titan loses its sketchy connections on the piers it goes belly-up and if DiMera Enterprises can't get in on this shady trade, it will go bankrupt? If Stefano was still alive, he and Victor might be sharing a drink and shaking their heads over the folly of younger men. And who relies on Ms. Blue Chunk to save a failing company? In a few months Kate might just be saying to Chad: "I have good news and bad news. We're no longer going bankrupt, but we'll probably all go to jail." Elsewhere, kudos to Gabi for being so feisty with those two criminals. She probably could teach Roman's cops a thing or too. That said, if armed toughs are running wild in Salem, the Orpheus Gang had better watch out. Imagine Clyde returning to the hideout of the moment much the worse for wear, and Orpheus says, "What happened to you?"; Clyde responds, "Thugs, they stole all my cash, my clever hat disguise, and my gun."

There was a lot of naivete on display today. There was Chad apparently deciding to trust both Kate and Andre *sigh*. Sonny believing so strongly that Chad would put their friendship above the DiMera family interests. I guess he forgot what happened when they were working on a second club. *double sigh*

Then there was my Gabi. Of course I enjoyed those scenes and loved her standing up for herself and her friend and refusing to be intimidated by those thugs. But I found her "What kind of people are you" speech a little bit much. I would think as an ex-con she would know some people are just bad. That's just kind of what they do. LOL

But I am glad that the truth about her other brother is out. I enjoyed her telling him off but I would have liked a bit more. I kind of wonder if she is going to kind of use this to get Dario to ease up on Eduardo. As Arsenio Hall used to say it's one of those things that make you "go hmmm."

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary. I have to say, I think the only really enjoyable scenes in this filler episode were those of Gabi and JJ. I wish Rafe was there, but I'm sure he'll be informed in no time about Dario's dirty deeds. Looking forward to everyone reaming him out for acting a fool these past few months!

Not liking that Chad's gonna betray Sonny. I enjoy their friendship and wish it would be shown more. But I guess now we know why it isn't.

Clyde seemed out of place on the show since we didn't see the other two.

Interesting to see the Horton Square all boarded up and no one there. Someone mentioned
it looks
like what happens in Florida when a hurricane is coming. Is there a storm coming to Salem?

Theresa was feisty today. I'm glad she talked to Eve, but where was Theresa's security detail?

I think the men at the K-mansion needed some Midol :)

Philip mentioned Tyler today.

I'm glad Gabi knows Dario hired Aldo.

Kate told Chad that DiMera Enterprises lost money while Chad was busy with Abigail. Who
was in charge at the time? Kate? And someone needs to slap Chad around to open his eyes to
Kate and Andre is really doing.

Ugh, Days like this make me wonder why I even try anymore.

OK, let's just not try to have business stories anymore if we're not going to pay attention to them. N-O-T-H-I-N-G made sense and these silly plot points will be forgotten in 6 weeks.

I'm glad Dario was found out but what a letdown. I was hoping for a bigger reveal.

Chad giving André money? Dumb. Letting André invest in the company? Moronic. Not having already known about the financial situation of the company he's running? Unbelievably-out-of-character.

I just can't with this show on days like this.

Thank you, Jason. Well said. Once again the writers are inept. They think we are dolts. Sigh.

I so wish Clyde had hit his real target that would have been one solution showing the writers are really trying to fix this hot mess. I am so tired of hearing that the long awaited return of (insert whatever name you want) writer is going to get things back on track. Not working. Three steps forward ten steps back. So sad to see this great show become such pulp. So sad to have great actors muddle through ridiculous stories lines that insult their fan base.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleased at the Tyler mention. Also pleased at Philip versus Brady. That should have happened a long time ago.

Displeased about the living room being used as an office but at least they explained why. Seriously though, they need a generic board room which can serve as either Titan or DiMera Enterprises or whatever else they need it to be depending how they dress it.

I agree with the writers that Chad needs a family in order for this whole DiMera versus Kiriakis thing to have weight, and I'm not opposed to Kate stepping into a mothering position as such, but I don't understand why Kate is suddenly Team Andre or why Chad would buy it. Also, they've styled Kate more matronly today, I don't know if its her makeup or what, but she was more subdued with her style.

Loved seeing Eve, even if she's literally dialing it in today, and happy to see Theresa with a backbone against Deimos who is a condescending donkey to pretty much every woman he speaks to, but Brady is a twit who did something stupid so he didn't deserve her anger at everyone else for being cranky at him.

edited to write out name of company - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back