Days of Our Lives - Tues. Sept. 1, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Where to begin. Abe has called Justin into his office,. has just returned from a City Council meeting. Board upset with so much graft & corruption going on, got on the mayor's case, he resigned. So, Abe was appointed mayor. And the first thing he did was to fire the D.A. and wants Justin to take the job. Justin is hesitant, but accepts the challenge.

Out in the Square, Jennifer & Eve bump into each other (naturally, that is all that happens there, I swear) but this is literally. Stuff drops to the ground, the ladies begin to have words, Jen giving Eve what for because of her causing a problem for JJ, putting a target on his back. Eve comes back with "everyone knows JJ is a user, he just has gone back to it". Jen slaps Eve, who slaps her back. They are yelling at each other, but along comes Abe & Justin to break it up. Abe goes off with Jen, while Eve definantly wants a drink. So, the two go to the bar, she downs one, he buys her a second one. Small talk She is sorry about him & Adrienne, but Justin admits he was the one who caused the problem. She says he was a very, very bad boy. (Gad, cannot stand the "coyness". . But in the end he mentions his new job as the D.A. She decides he would make a good friend. He says as long as you behave yourself.

Kate comes rushing thru the park gate, apologizing to Clyde for being late, but he is really ticked. Tired of her excuses, putting her business and her meddling into her children's lives before him. He has to come first. She gets ticked, noting he will still put his trucking business, and meddling in HIS kids' lives first. What sort of neanderthal is this. She suggests he goes and finds someone who is looking for that type of behavior, it sure as heck isn't her. Later, she is moaning to Roman how selfish men are, no offense, and that she is going to take a long vacation from dating. Roman smiles, thinks every man in Salem will be happy to hear that. She complains about being restless, job is boring, isn't fun any more.

Nicole is at work, Daniel arrives, tells her about Serena's murder. She is stunned, wonders if it was her fault, feels terrible, wanted Serena to pay for her crimes, but not to die. Miles comes in, wants to send her on a juicy interview with Eric, she protests, he is insistant. Daniel just listens. She tells him to give it to someone else, he refuses, knows she can push all the right buttons. She is still refusing, finally quits. Packs her things up, talks of doing something else, mentions Basic Black being for sale. Nope, doesn't want to work there, wants to own it. Daniel thinks he could talk Vic into putting up what Xander owes her, and even with help from Daniel, not enough. She figures she needs an investor.

Over at the Kmansion, Jeannie T is trying to thank Brady for what he did for her with Xander, Brady says it is nothing. But she pleads, talks of Xander being a baby, but having a father who raised him to treat women badly, and how Tate is going to have a daddy who will teach him to treat women with respect. Brady has had it. Doesn't buy anything she is saying, leaves. She sits despondently when Maggie comes in, but Maggie doesn't buy her "poor me" attitude. She tells her she has to start liking or loving herself first, but Theresa is not buying that 12 step garbage as she calls it. They talk a bit more, Maggie mentions selling Basic Black. Theresa is a bit shaken, she blew her chance. She goes to the hospital, talks with Anne, about being into Basic Black, Anne immediately talks of working there, but Theresa tells her Basic Black doesn't do wrap dresses.
Theresa is home, Brady is back, Theresa mentions wanting to work at Basic Black. Brady will talk to the owners, maybe get her an entry level job. Nope, she wants much more than that. She wants to buy it. He asks what she plans to use for money. She says she was hoping he would front for her.

John brings a blindfolded Marlena into the very empty club that Vic owns. She can look now, every table is covered with something that is a tribute to their past together. John talks long and lovingly (everyone will love these scenes, whether a John/Marlena fan or not) of various things, as we see a few flashbacks. He mentions a table a Shenanigans, one table has a single yellow rose, he brings up Maison Blanche, Miami, their lives, struggles. Really beautiful, and very romantic. Then comes a bouquet of yellow roses, the one like she carried at their wedding, one rose for each of their children, yours, mine, and ours. He remind her of what she said, from the Song of Soloman, starts out with the speech, flashback to Marlena saying all the words. It ends "til death parts us", and John reminds her of how many times they cheated death. And the last is a journal, she opens it, finds it blank. John looks around, this was all our past, and this (the journal) is our future. Marlena smiles, already has the first entry. She kisses him.

JJ arrives at Kyle's apartment, learning Kyle wants him to sample the meth he just got, make sure it is good quality, worth the price. JJ doesn't want to, Kyle pressures him, JJ talks of it talking him so long to get clean, but Kyle insists. JJ refuses, Kyle tells him he will get someone else to do it, he is fired. JJ agrees, seems to start, but just doesn't want to get hooked again. Kyle pulls gun, comments to JJ about he is not stupid, starts looking for a wire, there is none. He makes JJ sit down, gun pointed at him as he calls Clyde, tells him to come over, he has a problem, & thinks Clyde will want to deal with it himself.
Kyle is standing behind JJ, who is seated on the sofa, Clyde arrives, takes one look at JJ, says something about there being too many drug dealers in this room, nodding to Kyle, who smacks his gun on the back of JJ's head, and down he goes, unconscious.

Roman smiles, thinks every man in Salem will be happy to hear that
As will most of the viewers.

And ack, it's Tuesday, a work from work day, followed by class at night. So it will be tomorrow before I get to watch.

Thank you so much for the summary.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a scene, albeit a very brief one, with Kate and Roman!! :love: More please!

The John and Marlena scenes were wonderful. Though I do wish we had seen a couple more flashbacks. In case anyone is wondering, Marlena was NOT wearing the same dress that she wore the previous night. Though they look very similar. I tweeted the Days wardrobe girl during the show and she confirmed this for me, rather quickly I might add.

So nice to see Abe becoming Mayor and Justin becoming DA. Great to also see Nicole quit. But I could have done without the Dr. Dan scenes.

I need Eve to get what is coming to her now. I also need Steve involved with this JJ and Clyde stuff.

The Basic Black stuff is interesting. I don't think any of these 3 ladies can afford to buy it though.

WHERE ON EARTH IS ERIC??? Serena died on Thursday and we haven't seen him since. And Nicole just found out today? That's bad pacing.

YAY! Salem finally has a mayor again!!
Can't wait to hear Jeannie T. make the comment about Basic Black not selling wrap dresses.
And I really can't wait to see John's romantic surprise for Marlena.
It's good to see poor Abe has a real job again instead of lurking on the fringes of the Salem P.D.'s futile investigations. And Abe actually has experience, unlike Justin, who somehow was appointed to a position that's almost always elective. Elsewhere, Jeannie T. actually got a good line: "Basic Black doesn't make wrap dresses." Elsewhere, creepy Clyde really seems to finally be on the road to perdition. :clap:Nobody crosses Kate with impunity -- ask anyone -- and now he realizes that the low-level dealer he wants to dispose of is the brother of the heir to Nanny Bridget's magic Irish acreage. And who knows, maybe the mighty Rafe will figure out who really is responsible for the death of poor Bluebird.

Well now, let's see. Theresa always wanted to be in fashion design, but her mom made her study instead. And now she wants to BUY A CORPORATION??? All by herself, with someone's else's money. :rolleyes::rotfl::rotfl:

I am guessing that between Nicole wanting to buy, and Kate unhappy with her present job, those two just may go in cahoots. Heck, right now, they are sitting at the next table to each other. :drunk:

Seems though, to me, wasn't Belle into fashion design at one time?? I know she was a teen at the time....

Wow, great show! Upset I missed it today (forgot to tape it). Thanks for the summary.

LOVE Kate & Roman!!! So glad she told off Clyde and dumped his sorry butt! They were getting boring anyway. But I'm not liking Eve's scenes now any more than I did with the old writers. However, I did like the fact that Justin, Abe, and Roman were on today, and that Abe is finally mayor, as he always should've been.

As for Justin being DA and making that comment to Eve at the end about her behavior...maybe he'll learn of the crimes she's done (paying Jill to drug JJ, trying to drug Jennifer, and bugging Jennifer's home) or of Theresa's (giving the key to Daniel's place to Liam) that no one has found out about, and have them eventually sent to jail!

LOVED Theresa's comment about wrap dresses!!:rotfl::rotfl:

I'm so glad Nicole quit that stupid job and is going to try buying Basic Black. As for Theresa, thinking Brady will front for her? HA! Who's she kidding?! She's clearly done too much drugs if she believes for a minute that he'll help a lowlife like her.

Enjoyed the romance between John & Marlena today.

Has it been established there's a zoo near the park? The reason why I ask is because the Dark Lord of Dixie spends a lot of (heck more like all) his time there; and since it's clear he's not going to be pulverized by a meteor or some other form of space debris maybe some dangerous animal can escape and encounter him lounging on the park bench.

Since the show loves elephants maybe a rampaging bull elephant? On the other hand the show has probably given elephants more then their fair share of airtime maybe they could use some other animal prone to lethal charges. A rhinoceros could be fun, or perhaps a stampeding herd of wildebeests? That worked in The Lion King after all.

Seriously, now that Kate has shown the slug the curb *you go girl!* it's only a matter of time. They may as well just start playing the theme for "Murder She Wrote" in the background whenever he pop up from now on.

On another note, I thought this was a darn good episode. All though I did kind of have a few questions such as when has as Theresa ever shown herself to be strong and not pathetic as she started to say? And while I give Maggie kudos for showing some compassion and trying to reach out to her I couldn't help thinking why bother?

And I agree with Poirot on the notion of anyone backing Theresa in her efforts to purchase Basic Black :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:indeed.

All I can say about Jennifer vs. Eve round 2,068 is yawn. These two ladies really need to build a bridge and get over it. It's way past tired in my so very humble opinion.

And as far as this Justin and Eve thing they seem to be hinting at all I can say right now is Meh. To be fair they've only had a couple of scenes so far and maybe it could grow on me but right now I'm not really feeling it.

Last edited:
Wonderful show today. Loved the trip down memory lane with John and Marlena. I agree they could have used even more flashbacks but it was really nice. Romance is back in full force! I think there have been more non-sexual instances of romance the past 2 weeks with the new writers than there were the past 3 years with the previous regime.

I'm glad that Kate is finally waking up to Clyde but I still think they missed the boat on this one and relating it back to her time with Curtis and the abuse she and her children suffered there. Of course that should have played out a year ago while Jordan was still onscreen. I just wonder if Clyde will retaliate against her in some way. Hmmmm.....

I would say of the 3 ladies vying for Basic Black, Kate would have the most money and the the most know-how in terms of business. I wonder if they will duke it out or if we will see an alliance form between 2 or all of them. I'd love to see Kate and Nicole team up.

Abe being mayor again and Justin being DA is welcome. I don't care about the legalities of it or having to be elected vs appointed. As long as it leads to good story I'm fine with this.
I actually liked the suspense with JJ/Kyle/Clyde. I have to admit I'm kinda worried about JJ's welfare. :eek: As far as Jennifer/Eve goes: :beat:

Today was jam packed, I didn't fast forward any of it for once. And I only rolled my eyes once, when Daniel tried to interject and give his opinion when Nicole was arguing with HER boss.

Most of the stuff I enjoyed has been covered, but I have to add that I ADORE that while each of the 3 couples having scenes in TBD were chatting you could see the others behind them/in the background. So while Justin and Eve were having drinks at the bar, you could see Daniel/Nicole eating at a table. Same with Roman/Kate, you could see Justin/Eve at the bar. I really liked that.

Also, perhaps they are styling the communal offices differently or something, but it seemed today that Abe/Justin and Nicole/Miles wasn't in the same room as usual. I understand they need to keep costs down, but better styling makes it less obvious.

Also, HOORAY for giving Theresa something to do! Ok, she wants Basic Black because of Brady but its not 100% about Brady so I'll take it. And she touched a little on her childhood when she opened up to Maggie, and did so in a way which didn't throw her parents under a bus. It's true that her parents were separated, he dad was working for the ISA and saying he was busy/away on work fits, and her mum does have a history of mental health problems - Theresa was a small child when she was having her multiple personality thing, right? So it works for me that Theresa felt attention-deprived as a child.

The thing is, though, that Kim was fine when she moved to CA, and Theresa was a kid. I notice nothing is said of Kim's marriage to that movie producer/director, and it does not bother me one bit. But Kim became and still is a counselor.

What strikes me right now is these heroes that DID work for the ISA...all ended up with divorces because of being away so much. Shane, Bo, Steve.

The new writers must have been perusing the boards. The Theresa/Maggie scenes are proof of that. We've been saying for months, perhaps years, now that there needs to be more to Theresa's backstory and upbringing to explain her actions now. I know it wasn't much explanation but hopefully the writers will get Theresa on the road to redemption because she has been stuck in a hole for awhile now.

You and me both, KL. I would just as soon see Eve hop the next car/train/plane etc out of Salem and never return. I think Justin/Adrienne got divorced too quickly anyway. At this point, if they decide to try to rebuild their relationship I would be ok with the paperwork never being filed or some excuse like that. Just not another wedding. :rolleyes:

Back