Days of Our Lives - Tues., Sept. 12, 2017

Thanks for the summary. I've read but haven't watched yet. Don't know if I can take watching any more of Brady's jealousy. It's no wonder his track record with women is so abysmal. I'm thinking whatever drives him to his behavior with women is the same thing that drives him to drink. He has a kind, tender heart, but he is just too unstable and lacking in judgment to be involved with any woman.

Eric and Nicole are having an emotional affair. No one I know, male or female, would fail to notice. Brady is acting much differently than in the past. He doesn't trust her; stares off into space when hugging, etc. And didn't Eric Martsolf (Brady) say recently that he would like his character's IQ raised a few points?

It would be interesting to see Nicole's reaction if Brady began frequently canoodling with a former female "friend."

I would like John, Shane, and Paul (deputized) go on an ISA mission to rescue Theresa (the mother of Tater, Brady's son.).

Honestly, I'm having a hard time seeing Brady as kind hearted now. To me, he is controlling, and it's a form of violence I can't tolerate. Here's a man trying to control a woman, not by being physically abusive, but mentally, which is not better. "Sure, Nicole, it's your decision, but...". Yeah, there's that but. And if Nicole were to try to go back to work with Eric, Brady would pout, throw tantrums, follow her (it's already started), what would be next ? Checking the content of her cell phone, hiring Paul, the PI, to watch her every move? Nope, this form of emotional blackmail and control is unacceptable. And Nicole should just walk away before things get even worse.

And if Nicole and Eric are having residual feelings, let them sort it out. If Brady trusted Nicole, I'm betting things would be much better between them and Eric would not be an issue for very long.

I know katmouse also brought this up but it's a point worth repeating: If Eli was expecting a package to be delivered, why would he lounge around in a towel? That just seemed odd to me. LOL
This is commonplace among Salem men. (They simply don't care who is on the other side of the door.) It must be a local cultural thing. A leading practitioner of this fine art was Xander who did not limit himself to parading around his room, but also took it out into the hall.
Eli/Gabi's self defense practice reminds me of Inspector Clouseau (Peter Sellers) and his valet, Cato. :) I certainly hope the lessons do not foreshadow Gabi joining the SPD.
Gabi would be a perfect fit for the Salem P.D.: she has a criminal record and if hired she'd spend more time on romance and other personal business than doing police work. And on one point, she'd be an improvement over Lani -- she's not afraid of goats. Imagine if a gang of goats tried to rob a Salem bank. While Lani goes into a catatonic state, the brave Gabi would subdue them with some self-defense moves and then herd the larcenous cud-chewers into a paddy wagon.

Thanks for the summary!
Love, to Brady, seems to be a temporary state of mind.
YES and this made me think of the words to a song "It's a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling". Guess that is what Tate is to Brady.:sad:

I totally agree with TheWriter! Nicole should not put up with Brady's controlling. I hope she gets it soon! I hate to watch anyone be abused, physically or emotionally. To me these scenes certainly are not entertaining. Again :whack:to the writers!

(Dang, that Doug is still one terrific good looking dude, lol)
:clap::clap::clap:

I surely agree with those who think this "new" Julie and "awesome" Doug could/should be the glue in the community, like Alice & Tom. We need some stability, I think.

Can't complain about the Eli in towel mode. NICE!

I don't think Hope is leading Rafe on. I think she just likes things the way they are. Marriage hasn't always worked out well for her. I am one who likes Hope with Rafe. I never liked her with Aiden. I always thought he really did kill his first wife and just told Hope his son did it.

I don't blame Hope for being wary. It's been less than a year since the Aiden fiasco, and Bo's death, so I can understand why she's a little gun shy. Of course, she may just be waiting for Peter Reckell (ex-Bo) to need money and came back to reprise the role.
YES!!!!

Like the recent gas shortage in Dallas, following Hurricane Harvey (when people got scared of running out of gas and went out in hordes to buy up all they could, thus creating a shortage), Brady is probably going to see his fears become a reality because of his own behavior. I'm guessing at some point Nicole will be driven into Eric's arms by Brady's suspicious and insulting treatment of her. Sorry, A. Guy, I agree with you on a lot of things but not on this one.

Back