Days of Our Lives - Tues., Sept. 20, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Kiriakis men are gathered in the Kmansion living room, trying to figure how to deal with the threat against them all by the escapees. As they talk a bit, Sonny says, we are like the Corelones, going to the mattresses. (LOL, great line!) Victor says this is not funny, Sonny doesn't want to move in, is starting to walk out, Victor drops his bombshell, Clyde Weston is the one who stabbed him. Now Justin, Sonny, Brady, Deimos, Victor, are all talking, arguing a bit, but the upshot, the family has to stick together. In walks Philip, "does that include me". Uh, oh, this sets of Victory but good, and when Deimos says he invited Chloe as well, the sparks begin flying. Victor does his insulting, even calling Chloe a concubine at one point, Phil wants Vic to respect her, Vic think a cabbage has more smarts than she does...everyone is yelling, talking at same time. Vic is saying it is his house, Deimos yelling it is his, yapping about poisoning Maggie to steal it, shouting,until Brady yells for them all to shut up!! Says this can all be fixed with a piece of duct tape....over Victor's mouth.

And now Brady reads the riot act to Victor, but good. We are family, you love us all, we know that. He points out that Sonny has already been stabbed, so you don't want Phil here, he goes out, gets killed. What is this telling those 3. That this family is divided, and they can pick up all off one by one. He goes on, talking of them even killing Parker, how does Vic think Maggie would react having her grandson killed? Victor is silent, Brady has made his point, he right.

Chloe is packing her clothes, has a couple of flashbacks, one of her & Deimos, another of Phil telling her about moving into the Kmansion. Nicole arrives, and tries hard to talk Chloe out of doing this. But Chloe owes Philip, she feels. Chloe asks Nicole to move in, too, but Nicole just cannot do that, won't do that, even with the threat of Xander. Chloe has a few errands before going to the Kmansion, Nicole goes along.

Replay of Eduardo overhearing Dario reporting to Deimos, (but this is a different filming of that scene, a bit different dialogue). When Dario hangs up, Eduardo berates him for working for Deimos, Dario retorting he doesn't want to be a bartender all his life. You don't have to be, you can come work for me. I already do. Not that.....can't talk about it now, will be in touch. Eduardo walks off.

Kate is loading a gun, there is a noise behind her, she ignores it, but not really, spins around gun pointed......at Andre. She warns him about sneaking up on her. Small talk between them, the danger, the faceoff with Clyde, etc. She decides to go our for lunch anyway, Andre is going along. She snarks he must think she needs him to protect her. Nope, he needs HER to protect him.

At the Pub, they are seated, chatting, in comes Eduardo, who introduces himself to Andre, tells Kate he heard about her confrontation with Clyde Weston, is sorry. Why should you be sorry. Andre decides to take his drink to the bar, Eddie only says he worries about those he cares about. She asks about his wife, Eddie explains how he had to leave town because of threat to his family, the wife left with no goodbye, no message, so, that is the way it goes. He tells Kate if she needs anything ever, any time, to call him. He leaves, Andre returns. They talk of how much she cares about Chad, Thomas, her maternal instincts, Andre wants her to try and patch things between him & Chad. They are family. She says if tony had asked me that, I would not hesitate to say yes. But you, not too sure. Andre sort of indicates he would not hurt Chad, wants the DiMera family all on the same page, etc. She will think about it.

Dario spies Nicole & Chloe in the square, hides, but the gals just say goodbye, hug, Chloe leaves. Dario steps out, talks with Nicole, knows she is in danger, call him anytime, that is what friends do. She promises.

At the Kmansion, Sonny & Justin confer, says Brady is right, they have to all stick together. They are all a bit ticked that victor knew who stabbed Sonny, and did not tell, but are going to get past it all. Victor & Deimos talk, mostly about Chloe. Vic now learns that Deimos slept with Chloe, thinks the baby she is carrying is his. Vic about has a fit..Brady, Philip, now you.

Chloe arrives, Philip rushes to the foyer, whispers to her that they probably are going to have to share a bedroom. She knows...then pulls him into a kiss. Ahh, and there is Deimos, who has come out, watches, makes cracks about the lovebirds. Philip asks if he can have his old room.

The Kiriakis men are all gathered in the living room, Brady pouring a glass of wine. He turns to the group, all with a glass in their hands. Then we are in agreement. We all stick together. He raises his glass..."familia".....the men all raise their, repeat....este Familia.

Gotta say, I enjoyed the show.....yes, a couple parts dragged a bit, but had to laugh at some parts...and that was a good thing. Especially when Brady was giving Victor a well deserved tongue lashing. LOL

Am so glad Eduardo was on.....not playing second fiddle to any of his family. (such a good actor!) Forgot to mention that he was on phone to John, saying he could not find any trace of the bad guys, & how if they hurt anyone, that blood will be on his hands.

I didn't enjoy this one at all. I actually thought the scenes with the "Kiriakis men" were insulting and condescending to women. Who does Days think its target market is?

And I'm sick and tired of Brady BLACK being portrayed as only loyal to the Kiriakis side of the family. He was raised by his parents John and Marlena along with his sister Belle. Yet we hardly ever get scenes like this with the Black family. They may as well just change his last name to Kiriakis at this point. It also seemed like they were trying to paint him as the leading man today, similar to what they tried to do with EJ for a while. We all know how that ended up.

It was nice to see Eduardo. Too bad he had to be wasted on Kate. Where is Eve?

I enjoyed the episode as well. I found Sonny's reference to the Coreleones not only but strangely appropriate since Deimos inviting all these people who hate him to live in the mansion makes me think he's taking another quote from The Godfather to heart: "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

I also enjoyed some of Victor's dialogue as well but my favorite came from this exchange with Philip after he had just insulted Chloe:

Philip: Listen you old, smug, hypocritical--
Victor: Don't call me old!

The final scene with the "Kiriakis" men drinking to "familia" very much had a costra nostra aka the Mob feel to it. This may have just been me but I thought the music playing during that scene kind of felt like it may have been an homage to the score of the aforementioned classic film.

But then I just watched The Godfather Saga which is the first two movies edited together into one seven-hour extravaganza on Cinemax the night before Labor Day so it's fresh in my mind and I may be reading into things a bit. LOL

Eduardo: I'm not sure how he translates his second son's endless spewing of hatred towards him as: "Hey dad, let's work together." But I am curious to see just what he has in mind.

As far as a second-go-round with Kate is concerned I really don't think it's needed especially since I didn't think they were all that great the first time around. But now he's got her curious about what he's hiding. Eddie I love ya man, but that wasn't too smart.

Finally I may have misheard this but when he told Kate he was staying in Salem did he say "My three kids and granddaughter are here" or was it "Three of my kids and granddaughter are here?" Because I'm sure I heard the second option. If that indeed is the case that begs the question: Just how many families does he have out there?

Last edited:
Some of Victor's lines were hilarious. Like when Deimos told him he had slept with Chloe, and Victor said something like "you, Brady, Philip, Daniel. Good thing Sonny is gay". :rotfl:
Victor was certainly in fine form today, tossing out biting one-liners right and left -- even targeting the ineptitude of Roman and his hapless police force. Unfortunately, he was doing it at the moment when total unity and awareness was required. If Orpheus and friends had burst in when intra-Kiriakis bickering was at its worst, they could have staged their own version of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre before their targets even knew what was happening. Of course, it was then Brady to the rescue, who invoked his ace in the hole, the mention of the name of the sainted Love Doctor. Who wouldn't snap out of it at the mere mention of the greatest man in Salem history? Elsewhere, good sense wasn't exactly on display: Nicole thought "being careful" could suffice, Chloe delayed seeking refuge at Ft. Deimos so she could go shopping, and pistol-packing Kate thought that Clyde wouldn't dare burst into the Pub. Really? Has she forgotten the night when a disgruntled cop riddled the Pub's sacred premises with a hail of gunfire?

Nice seeing the outside of the pub today.

Victor had great lines today. The one about the villains if they stayed at the Salem Inn, Roman
couldn't find them :)

I don't trust Deimos. At the end, he looked like he was thinking "I won" Would he have told
Xander about the wedding and where Brady and Theresa lived to get his way?

Poor Eduardo, he left town and when he came back, Adriana left town without saying goodbye.
He should have stayed. I hope he knows Eve is in town and will talk to her. And what plan does
he have to involve Dario?

They may as well just change his last name to Kiriakis at this point.
What is this, Guiding Light? LOL

Seriously though - the episode dragged for me. Dario is useless. The Kiriakis scenes were cringeworthy. I have no idea why I should care about Chloe/Nicole's issues over the pregnancy and Deimos. Suddenly Nicole seems like she's "just not that into" Deimos after weeks of her playing doe-eyed. I'm hoping this is leading somewhere, but it feels like a cul-de-sac.

I am glad others enjoyed it, though. And truly, it didn't make me vomit like some of last year's shows, so...that's a good thing. LOL.

Thanks for the summary. I enjoyed the show today. Of course, part of the reason for this is that we've gotten yet another wonderful day without having to see the likes of slimy Aiden and his rapist son, or the forced and unenjoyable pairing of Hope & Rafe. Hell, I think Rafe would be better off with Eve than with Hope, and I'm not rooting for them either! But I digress.

I do agree that Brady should be seen more with John and Marlena, but this was a nice episodes because it focused on the Kiriakis clan, which I sometimes feel either gets ignored or is saddled with awful storylines.

Victor had some great one-liners today--let's face it, he's not PC, but it's still entertaining--but then again, he usually does. He just did it at the wrong time. I share Victor's sentiment on Chloe moving in, but I just wish she wasn't moving in to Salem again. It's not that I want her gone, as I did three years ago, but that she doesn't really seem to have an interesting or original storyline this time around, and it's getting in the way of Nicole.

Why is Nicole seeming jealous? Is she going to lose her man again? Granted, I don't want Nicole to end up with Deimos, but now she's acting cool to him and Chloe, and it's getting on my nerves. The whole storyline is.

Kate's scenes were actually good today. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I sure hope she spends more time with Eduardo and maybe even gets involved with him. It may be icky since she bedded Rafe not too long ago, but it would better than where I have the feeling the soap is going: towards an Andre and Kate union. And that would be even worse, considering that she was married to his dad and also slept with EJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie definitely said "Three of my kids and my granddaughter are here," because I then tweeted wondering how many more he's got stashed about the place.

Kate didn't annoy me at all. I don't mind her with Andre so much. They are both manipulative and selfish and so are pretty evenly matched. The discussion about Tony was also interesting, because I would love it if Andre softened up a teensy, tiny bit and threw in some of debonair, charming Tony.

I don't care about Deimos and Chloe or Deimos and Nicole, and I also don't care about Dario and Nicole. I actually prefer Philip and Chloe but since its not his kid (again) I'm not getting my hopes up. Dario working with Eddie might be more interesting than what he's currently doing.

Victor. I was 50/50 on Victor today. On one hand, the macho Kiriakis Mens Club Meeting in the lounge room was so over the top, ugh. And Victor is such a misogynist bleep. But I can write that off as his age and cultural background and position of power blah blah blah. At least everyone else in the room told him (repeatedly) to calm down. On the other hand, some of his lines were pretty funny. And the stabbing stuff finally came out, yay for that.

Edited to add: Was Brady drinking at the end with the other men? It looked like they were drinking champagne but I guess it could be some sort of sparkling juice type thing, I don't know.

edited to write out text-speak - please remember that many on the board do not text and have no idea what those abbreviations mean - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the show. It showed that even if the Kiriakis family is so dysfunctional (like so many real families) they can come together in times of need! Loved Victor's snarky lines even if they were at a bad time. I did not like how Eduardo seemed to want Kate, especially as she had dumped him previously. I was surprised to hear Nicole so leery of Deimos. It seemed like she was truly into him before. Could it be because of new writers?

I saw two bottles in ice buckets, I was wondering if Brady's was sparkling juice as well!

I just appreciated that there was family acknowledgment with the over the top Kiriakis men's meeting. So many times there are only one or two from a family present. Hardly any Bradys ever show up for a wedding. Good point about Brady Black ALWAYS dealing with his grandfather but not so much with dad and step mom.

I also did not hate Kate, Andre and Eduardo at the pub today. Martinis and cheeseburgers sound good to me! :)

Confused about Dario. I am so over his complaining about his dad, I wouldn't mind him being a friend to Nicole but it just doesn't fit in with how he acts in every other scene so it doesn't seem sincere.

This was definitely a Victor episode and was glad to enjoy some of the show. I loved all of John Aniston's (Victor) lines, of course. You know he was about to use the "w" word on Chloe before Philip and Justin stopped Victor. And then pointing out that thank god Sonny is gay in reference to Chloe was just awesome!

Parts of it this day absolutely dragged on but I suppose Eddie is still seemingly interested in Kate despite Andre.

One thing I did notice was Nicole's jealousy. It seemed in my perspective Nicole was pushing Chloe away, telling her she should leave town right away and against the idea of them moving into the Kiriakis mansion.

Though just in 2008 Nicole and Chloe were living together there anyway with Philip and Pookie lol! Chloe, in my eyes, is once again portraying the victim, non-stop whining how Deimos used her, but you know deep down she likes him and is using Philip.

Back