Days of Our Lives - Tues. Sept. 22, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hey, wow, we get to hear Steve on the harmonica...as this episode features mostly Steve Johnson & family. Rafe is fit to be tied over seeing his father, Eduardo, in the square, they have words, Rafe telling him to more or less buzz off, go back under the rock from which he crawled out. Ed asks about Gabriella, making Rafe angrier, as he berates his dad for not being around at all when Arianna and Gabi went to jail. Ed wants to see Gabi, Rafe says stay away, Ed wants just 10 minutes. They go into Club TBD.

Inside the club, Eve sits alone with her drink, Kate has come in, sees her, expresses her condolences, knows how it is to lose a child, the feelings. Eve asks what happened, long story but Eve has a lot of time. Kate sits, and tells her story of the abusive husband takintg her kids and telling her later they were dead. They both commiserate about lousy men, toast drinks, Kate eventuall mentioning Eve's younger life, Victor told her. Eve gets upset, but Kate tells her she was in the life as well, one does what one has to do. Eve claims she only wanted some attention, and the men gave it to her.

Rafe & Eduardo are going back & forth, Ed mentions trying to reach Dario, unable to track him down, Rafe says he is in Argentina, doing great, they all are. Rafe reams his father out for abandoning them, and leave them all alone, get lost. He walks out. Kate & Eve have heard this, Eve gets up, goes over to Ed, telling him it figures, first thing he does when he is back in town is to tick off a cop. Whoa....my son is a cop? Now Eve has a rant, as she realizes Ed had another family he abandoned before he met up with Eve, and abandoned her and their family. She rages at him, storms out. Kate has heard it all. She is about to say something to Ed, but he leaves.

Theresa has come home, finds Brady holding Tate, tells of packing up Paige's things, Nicole arrives, business talk. Brady & Nicole talk profit, loss, stock, yada, yada, Theresa is lost. She only gives her opinion on going back to the basics, what the company began as, with that basic black dress. She gets a text from Kate, asking about the meeting, goes to call her, Tate cries, Brady goes to take care of him, Nicole leaves, but fakes it, so she can eavesdrop on Theresa talking to her silent partner. Theresa hangs up, sets the phone down, Nicole returns asking for water. Theresa leaves the room, Nicole checks the phone for last caller, sees the name Kate Roberts and abruptly leaves.

Steve pulls Joe from the closet, what is he trying to do. They do a lot of arguing, accusing, etc. Steve is defending himself, going to find Uncle Bo, Joe gives Steve a hard time about leaving them, abandoning them, just as Bo did his family. Steve argues back, Joe wants to go along, Steve refuses, Joe claims that he managed to follow a master spy all the way to the plane and get aboard without him knowing. LOL. Kayla meanwhile is at her desk, looking for something, opens a drawer with the wedding picture. She looks at it, almost throws it in the waste basket, but doesn't. And now, we go back and forth betwee, Steve talking to Joe, remembering, flashbacks, and Kayla remembering as well. Steve talks of coming to town the big bad boy, and how Kayla got him to trod the straight and narrow. How he was hired to scare her, what a strong person she was. You will love him playing the harmonica for Joey, asking him if he wanted to learn how, Joey declines. Steve talks of Kayla getting used to that, of when he got in a fight and was knifed and she made him come in, took care of him. They went through so much....and we get to see the part of the wedding, on the boat, when he signed and said "Courage to her", and she spoke. and then Steve says he thought that was the happiest day of his life, but then recites things about their babies being born, more flashbacks.

Eve comes into Rafe's office, something important to tell him. She tells him Eduardo is Paige's father, and therefore she is your sister.

Nicole comes to the club, confronts Kate about being the silent partner, is truly ticked off at how Kate weaseled her way into this deal.

Steve calls Kayla, tells her Joe is with him, and yes he is going to find Bo, but he is sending Joe back to her now, and promises that when he brings Bo home, that is the end of any missions. He is home, for good, loves Joe, Stephanie, and her, his sweetness, and intends to stay with them forever.

This Eduardo Hernandez is certainly a glutton for punishment. Wherever he goes, all he gets is serious grief, which he richly deserves. This guy makes absentee father Steve look like Ward Cleaver of Leave It to Beaver fame. Speaking of Steve, if he gives up the cloak-and-dagger game, perhaps he could earn some cash by giving harmonica lessons. In fact, he might consider forming a duo with Eve -- he plays and she sings -- providing live entertainment at Victor's club. Finally, it's about time a Salem company with a no-show CEO was in dire straits. With all the time off John has taken off for coma recovery and personal business, it's a wonder that Basic Black hasn't ended up in liquidation.

Another fantastic episode. Another day that I couldn't look away from the TV.

The scenes with Eve and Kate were outstanding, as were the scenes with Rafe and Eduardo. I'm happy they mentioned Arianna and Dario (and Arianna's death).

Loved Patch and Kayla both remembering the past, complete with awesome flashbacks. Even got mentions of Steve's parents, Jo and Duke.

And Tater-tot is just cute as a bug.

I can't wait until tomorrow to see Rafe's reaction at finding out Paige was his baby sister.

I thought it was weird that Eduardo seemed to know about things that happened - Arianna being born and Gabi being on trial but he didn't know Rafe was a cop? Just seemed odd to me. I don't know if I like that now Paige was Gabi and Rafe's sister. Would have been nice to know when she was still alive. And Eve keeps getting to me. So much grief that Kassie DePpaiva (Eve) is delivering so well. I liked her and Kate's conversation too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the past two days have been absolute must see tv for sure!! Great acting and dialogue, storylines moving forward, use of history and flashbacks. THIS is what the soap is supposed to be!!!

I'm really liking the character of Eduardo so far with his interactions with both Eve and Rafe. Excellent introduction of a new character. I'm looking forward to Rafe and Gabi's reactions to the news that Paige was their sister. A part of me wishes they could have known prior to her death but I see that the impact here will be huge. Now Rafe will be even more ardent in his search for the killer knowing his own flesh and blood was a victim. I'm loving that Rafe is finally getting some story and something for the actor to sink his teeth into. I swear Rafe has had more airtime the past month than he's had all year. :eek:

The scenes with Nicole, Brady, and Theresa were even interesting. I thought it was funny how Nicole and Brady were talking numbers and financials and stuff that they assumed was over Theresa's head and when they asked her about it she came back with a smart remark about concentrating on the product and reintroducing the little black dress as that's what got Basic Black going. This is shaping up to be a pretty good B story. It's nice to see Nicole outside of Daniel's orbit for once and Theresa is actually human. What a concept.

Loved the Steve/Joey/Kayla stuff too. I enjoyed the flashbacks and the discussion Steve had with his son, interspersed with Kayla having memories too. I like Joey so far. He's not afraid to call his mom or his dad out on their crap and still remain mostly respectful. LOL. He makes some good points. He really called Steve out on his hypocrisy. Good for him.

Kate and Eve scenes were good too.

:clap:Excellent show!!

This show is really firing on all cylinders now!

Rafe and Eduardo: I loved the fact that Rafe wasn't giving an inch and nor should he but at the same time there is something sympathetic about Eduardo. The guy abandoned two families and yet I want to know more about him and I did find it interesting to know that when Arianna died he reached out. I think I am going to like this story. Now I just need him to have some scenes with Gabi which I'm sure are coming soon.

Steve and Joey: The scenes were very well acted and I liked the use of flashbacks. When Joey actually talks and doesn't just come across as sullen I can sympathize and I'm thinking this kid just might start growing on me but it's still not quite there yet but we're getting there. But I have to say that this story overall just isn't quite clicking with me. I don't think it's terrible but there's just something off about it with me at least. Maybe once Steve comes back with Bo it will settle down a bit.

I loved the scenes between Kate and Eve, it's not often you see the compassionate side of Mrs. Roberts and good use of the character's history.

The Basic Black story: I think I may have mentioned in the past that I'm not big on stories that focus on business but I think with all the serial killing and abandonment based stories going on right now this looks like it could be fun as a lighter alternative. I especially like that they seem to finally be softening Theresa a bit. I don't mind a bit of snark but the endless over-the-top abrasiveness *to use a more polite word then the one I had in mind* was so past tired.

Eve and Rafe: I can't wait to see Rafe's reaction to this news about Paige. I admit to being mixed on this I can definitely see the poignancy in Rafe and Gabi finding out about the sister they never knew but since Paige is dead it just seems pointless. I think if Paige had to be their sister and still die it would have been better if they found out before her death. But it is what it is. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited and pleased with the changes to DOOL. I look at the clock in amazement because the hour flies by and it's over before you know it. I can hardly wait for tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. I'm so glad I'm retired.

Have to say one sure does stay glued to the TV set. Cannot even afford to try to do something during a commercial, as one never knows. They sometimes last 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 3 minutes.......one never knows.
I am thinking that Eduardo has not been leading a life of which he is proud. LOL. It was telling for him to say he never wanted a family. Petty crook, con man, hated responsibility. What is interesting is that Days now has 3 different kind of stories featuring abandonment. The Hernandez family, the Johnson family, and the Bo Brady family. The men doing so for different reasons, but still doing so.
Did Mama Hernandez divorce Eduardo? Was he married to Eve? Really? She has only been calling him Paige's father.
And while Steve left his family in Africa because of an ISA mission, I will not forget that Bo left to find himself or something. While he MAY have, at some point, began to search for help for his mother, that is not what he was doing when he first left.
And, so o.k. he eventually ran into trouble unrelated.

I still want Jack back. I hated that when Steve told Joe his mom put him into the orphanage, he didn't say, "my mother put me and your Uncle Jack....."

I'm thinking way, way back to when Kate and Victor were together. Am I correct in remembering they were never married? What is her maiden name, and why does she go by Roberts and not Victor's last name or Stefano's.

It was never explained if Kate's abusive ex changed last names when he told Kate the kids had died. We knew him as Curtis Reed, the kids were Austin & Billie Reed.
In history and back story, Kate was a nurse, different last name, who worked with Bill Horton, had affair, got pregnant, befriended by Marlena who helped her with her pregnancy, and to get to New York. This is where Kate met Stefano, became a call girl, prostitute, or whatever, had Lucas, but got into the corporate business eventually.

No, Kate & Victor were never legally married, tho they tried. But I believe it ended up invalid, because of some hanky panky by Vivian.

I thought it was funny how Nicole and Brady were talking numbers and financials and stuff that they assumed was over Theresa's head and when they asked her about it she came back with a smart remark about concentrating on the product and reintroducing the little black dress as that's what got Basic Black going. This is shaping up to be a pretty good B story. It's nice to see Nicole outside of Daniel's orbit for once and Theresa is actually human.
I enjoyed that as well. Neither party is clearly the "good girl" nor the "bad girl" in this story. They both have different strengths and desires.
The guy abandoned two families and yet I want to know more about him and I did find it interesting to know that when Arianna died he reached out.
Ditto. I need to know WHY he left four kids, then another kid, and how the heck he went from traditional Mama Hernandez to non-traditional Eve Baron Donovan!!

I love how the story moves quickly now. Just think, under Tomlin/Whitesell, Eve and Eduardo would have had their conversation tomorrow, Eve learned Rafe was Ed's son on Monday, and it would have been three Thursdays later before Rafe found out about Paige. Now...blink, and you might miss something. THAT is how you increase ratings in the age of DVR and online viewing!!!

I loved the scenes between Kate and Eve, it's not often you see the compassionate side of Mrs. Roberts and good use of the character's history.
Wonderful scenes! I guess we know why Kate/Lauren Koslow was included in A Martinez' (Eduardo) tweet!!

Not a thing to complain about today!!

It was never explained if Kate's abusive ex changed last names when he told Kate the kids had died. We knew him as Curtis Reed, the kids were Austin & Billie Reed.
In history and back story, Kate was a nurse, different last name, who worked with Bill Horton, had affair, got pregnant, befriended by Marlena who helped her with her pregnancy, and to get to New York. This is where Kate met Stefano, became a call girl, prostitute, or whatever, had Lucas, but got into the corporate business eventually.

No, Kate & Victor were never legally married, tho they tried. But I believe it ended up invalid, because of some hanky panky by Vivian.
The cops knew him as Curtis Brown, and he changed their names dozens of times. Their names weren't even really Billie and Austin. :)

And, that Kate being a Nurse thing was a re-write, and a sloppy one at best. The original Kate whom Bill cheated on Laura with was originally a different character, then rewritten squishily as the same person.

Meanwhile, great minds think alike, Poirot. I tweeted this yesterday.
tweet.png

@Poriot

I forgot about the Reed last name, thanks for the reminder. Ok got it, Kate gave Lucas her maiden name. Another question. Weren't Kate and Roman legally married? I almost forgot about him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back