Days of Our Lives - Tues. Sept. 30, 2014

The best part of the show was Susan. She even got to say her tag line "mean,
mean, mean". I wish she could stay longer to meet her grandkids. I loved the
picture she left for John.

Are we to assume Ben took money from Clyde to get a motel room so he
can have SEX with Abby?

Will JJ tell Paige his dad was the one who hurt Kayla? He probably should
because someone else might tell her. It was odd Daniel gave JJ a key to his apartment.

More foreshadowing with EJ. Miguel seems to be working with Clyde. Stefano
is upset with EJ because he's back with Samantha. Kristen even mentioned EJ is
against his family. Stefano had Kristen find his will. Will EJ be written out of it?

I thought the best part of the episode was Kristen repeating "Evil Evil Evil" in Susan's voice right after we saw Susan saying it. Then Sami walked in and thought she was Susan.

I wish Kristen had moved into DiMansion to make Sami's life a nightmare. I was so upset when Sami kicked her out. I too hope Sami wakes up about EJ…again.

EJ seems to be building his enemy list scene by scene. I predict a Nick scenario coming soon.

I wonder if Daniel will think the wedding photo is of John and Kristen?

Eve: PLEASE LEAVE SALEM NOW

I have NEVER ever noticed that hidden file drawer in the Dimera wall before. I almost did a double take. Usually stuff is in the safe.

Abigail's outfit was ridiculously tight and way too pastel for a job interview. A cute dress with a blazer would have been PR friendly yet interview appropriate too. I also think that as part of her blackmail to Sami, she should have gotten her job back.

I'm going to keep saying this until it changes but Im tired of seeing Stefano in limbo sets on the phone!

I tuned out most of Paige, JJ and Daniel.

I loved Susan and Kristen's scenes today, with Kristen calling Stefano and telling him his baby mama was there to deal with Susan. I just think Stefano was mean, mean, mean (sorry, could not help it) :) to chase Susan away.

Kristen's reaction to the portrait of Sami and Kate was just priceless too :rotfl: . Too bad she did not snark at Sami about it. I agree with you Heather, that it's too bad Kristen did not move in when she came back to Salem. I would have loved the interaction between her, Sami, and Kate all in the same house.

I am beyond sick of seeing Eve run around trying to ruin JJ in Paige's eyes. At this point, she can leave, which is a shame because the actress is good. It is a shame that the writers push actors forward that are boring or not that talented, and use their better talent as supporting characters or useless story lines like this one Eve is in.

What was the point of Daniel giving a key to JJ to come over and use his apartment? A very lame plot point and will most likely become a problem in the future.

Paige should not be discussing what she overheard about Kayla with JJ. It is not any of her business, and it is just causing problems.

Well of course Daniel gave JJ a key so Shrewifer can yell at him about it!! I am eagerly anticipating that scene!!! :eek: LOL

I forgot to mention that KRISTEN had to call Daddy to deal with SUSAN. The one everyone thinks is a flake and a rube. Just like Dr McScruffy said, Eeej and Krist-ann aren't really that powerful without their daddy.

And here we have happy prancing Eeej and Sami, all forgiven and glossed over - and Abby's still out looking for a job. Really turns my stomach.

Don't you love how - supposedly - Abby's failure to land a job is due to the scandal in that article Will wrote, and yet EJ is able to do business all over Salem and beyond with no problem.

I think Sami knew that was Kristen, that's why she used the "B" word.

The secret drawer has been seen several times. That's where EJ's gun came from when he was going to confront the hit man, and there have been a couple of other times where he had documents stored there.

I don't think Susan is gone from Salem yet. I suspect she really will dress up as Kristen before she leaves.

I forgot to mention that I also thought it was not Paige's place to ask JJ about what she over heard. For all Paige knows, Kayla could have been raped when she was a teenager well before JJ was ever around. For all she knew JJ didn't know and this wasn't her place to bring it up to JJ. The only person she should have spoken to about what she overheard was Kayla an even then I think that would've been over stepping the line. For all Paige knows, this could be opening up a set of feelings for JJ that he had worked through. And the only thing Paige really knew was that Kayla was raped by someone she knew, which could've been anybody!!

Unless I missed an important part of the conversation or what Paige overheard and feel free to tune me in if I did but I Paige was inappropriate.

Daniel says JJ is nothing like Jack. Um...what does he know about Jack? And why didn't JJ take that personally? When JJ came back to Salem, Dr. Do Good wasn't good enough to spit shine Jack's shoes in JJ's opinion, but now he's fine with Daniel making comparisons between him and his dad and acting as if he KNEW Jack. :angry: I understand JJ's "matured" and come to terms with Daniel, but the more Jack is trashed in death for the sake of this man, the more I hate Daniel Jonas.

Agreed. It's as if the only way to strengthen Daniel as a character is by making him appear better than Jack. How could they accomplish that you ask. Jack wasn't always a stellar human being, but neither is Daniel Jonas with his multiple transgressions with female patients and a married woman. How could they weaken Jack's character and build Daniel's, use that current theme they can't seem to get away from lately - RAPE.

Daniel had met Jack, and perhaps (off screen) Jen talked to Daniel about him. She certainly ranted about him when she thought Jack was "finding himself" in Australia. And when Jack returned to Salem, told of being held prisoner, Daniel knew about that, and Jen was trying to decide which guy she should be with. I am not defending Daniel, but am just guessing he has heard a lot about Jack, and feels JJ is not like his father, had a completely different upbringing. Daniel seems to have Eve's number, and sees what she is doing.

I agree about not wanting Jack trashed, and it appears that is about to happen.
And definitely, Paige is wayyyy out of line telling ANYONE about what she overheard Kayla saying. For cryin' out loud, what if it happened when Kayla lived in CA, and no one in the family knows at all? If Paige wanted to talk, she should have talked with Kayla. Period.
Can you just see how Eve will grab on to this, because you know she is going to hear about it all, in some manner.

I found that whole dynamic odd too--after all JJ was close with and loved his father. However, JJ has expressed fear before that he is like Jack specifically in the context of Jack having raped Kayla, and Eve was talking about Jack in a completely negative context, so in that context Daniel's comments made sense. (Trying to defend Jack to Eve would have been a lost cause that wouldn't accomplish anything for anybody.) I do wish someone would point out that JJ is like Jack in the most important way: he completely turned himself around, redeemed himself and earned the respect and love of former enemies in doing so.

(Edited to add: I also wish Daniel had pointed out to Eve that an awful lot of people are worried that Paige is a bad influence on JJ because of who her mother is, so she shouldn't be talking about kids being judged by who their parents are!

Also I agree that Paige shouldn't be bringing up what she overheard to anyone but Kayla. I also don't see why she was so upset that she had to leave early and ask JJ about it--that really doesn't bode well for her future planned career in medicine. I wish JJ would just say, "I do know but my aunt doesn't like to talk about it and asked me not to tell anyone else about her experience." There's really no need to revisit this incident in Jack's past over and over and over. :beat:

Jack was undoubtedly a little shaddy and somewhat of a trouble maker in his earlier years, but so was JJ when he first hit Salem, not on Jack level but a trouble-maker none the less. He was thrown out of school in Europe and then got to Salem and quickly fell in with the druggie scene. He repeatedly disrespected Jennifer and Daniel. He's vandalized Daniel's personal property and is currently on probation for public vandalism. JJ's turned his life around and Daniel thinks so highly of him, why not afford his father the same courtesy. What Jack did was in his past, the same as JJ.

I do wish someone would point out that JJ is like Jack in the most important way: he completely turned himself around, redeemed himself and earned the respect and love of former enemies in doing so.

Thank you!!! That is the point I tried to make above.

Oh, I agree. By the way, JJ is not on probation. His file has been excised or something. There is no longer a record or whatever. Aiden managed that. He had finished his public service, turned his life around, got good grades, etc. etc. So, Aiden managed to do whatever it is.

Honestly, and I know this has been said by many people, but I do want to put in my two cents... or vent, or both. So bear with me. :)

My main problem with the show now, aside from the lack of really good storylines (which in itself is a very big problem), is the fact that I can't take any of the characters seriously. Same goes for the topics. There are so many double standards, so many illogical, sickening things, it's becoming more and more unbearable. Let's see :

- Rape : on the one end, EJ raped Sami, she's apparently perfectly fine with that, "forgave" him over a glass of cheap wine, and people can actually support them as a couple, people that should not even talk to EJ, period. For instance, Marlena, who went as far as toasting them on their engagement, and now keeps supporting Sami despite all the cr.. she's pulled, including blackmailing Kayla. Oh, please, there comes a time when enough is enough ! And then, Sami, the very same Sami who was raped, actually turns around and can't accept that Kristen raped Eric (not that she should, mind you). Again : So illogical. Of course, Sami should be appalled, but not when it comes to her, I guess... :beat:And the show keeps shoving Sami and EJ in our face, all the while constantly bringing up Kayla's rape by Jack. Either rape is a terrible thing (of course it is), or... Nope, there's no "or". The writers are just plain stupid and their takes on rape issues disgusts me.

- The constant need for the writers to push some characters as heroes, when in fact, they're just the opposite. EJ, of course, comes to mind. And now Daniel. While sometimes I can tolerate the guy (mainly when he was with Nicole before Jennifer the shrew decided she was Queen of his world and made Nicole's life miserable), I think this time, he crossed a line. In fact, for once, I would sheer Jennifer on if she gets in his face. Who gives someone a key to their apartment like that ? :eek: "Some alone time ?" Please, we all know what that means... Daniel, while trying to be this oh so cool, oh so nice guy, has just proved that he's totally irresponsible. JJ is not his son, he had no right to give him a key, and he has no right to talk about Jack the way he did. Miracle Dan was pretty stupid, yesterday.

And don't get me started on Eve and Jennifer. They can both bicker each other out of town, for all I care. Or Paige having the nerve to repeat a private conversation. Stupid girl should be fired ! Period.

- Romance : Abigail and Ben ! Was it me or was Ben taking a hotel room like that totally classless ? So what was he trying to say to Abigail ? "I'm ready, baby, the room is paid for, let's get it on !". How romantic. :sarcasm: Though I'm sure, after the first moment of surprise (I would be shocked, but then, I don't live in Salem and I have a brain), clueless Abigail will probably fall for it. :sick:

Once again, I'm on the verge of giving up on this farce. Sorry if, again, I'm a downer.

Back