Days of Our Lives - Tues. Sept. 9, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, September 9, 2014

JJ & Paige are at his house, about to open the front door. She says she just wanted them to have some alone time, but when they go in, Jennifer is throwing confetti at JJ, surprising him with a "first day of school:" celebration. She has bought 2 Salem U sweatshirts for them both, they talk of classes, etc. MaryBeth calls Paige, while JJ chats with his mom (who looks as though she has had a haircut, looks cute, but I think it is just rolled under and pinned or something). JJ tells her about Eve coming over yesterday for the check, and getting into music, and he thinks perhaps Eve won't be judging him so harshly anymore. Paige returns, and the young couple leaves.
Jennifer decides to take the check to Eve now.

In the square, MaryBeth greets Paige, asking about school (odd since they just talked on the phone) and along comes Rory, talking all about that big off campus party. JJ wants to go, Paige doesn't, but after the two talk about having some fun together, she changes her mind.

Eve is sitting on Benchie, as two girls walk by talking, causing Eve to jump up and follow the one, who goes into Club TBD. Eve goes in, watches Jill lift a wallet from a purse hanging on the back of a chair. Before Jill can leave, Eve stops her, makes her give the wallet back, (she took a video) and then wants something in return, come with her, to Eve's apartment. Eve starts telling Jill about having been in the business herself, knows she is a working girl, asks where she would like to be if money was no object. Lexington, KY. where her cousin works on a horse farm, said she could get her a job. Eve will help her, give her $2000 to get to Lexington, but first she has to do something.
Jennifer arrives, Eve makes Jill hide, lets Jen in, takes the check. ushers Jen out, slamming the door in her face. Now, she shows Jill a pic of JJ on the beach, saying she took it yesterday. And HE is the reason for all this.

Abby has managed to lock the door to the storage room, trapping herself and Ben, who is not happy about it. We've talked and there is nothing more to be said. No, replies Abby, you talked and I listened. Now it is your turn to listen. She talks of them being down there, him kissing her, how wonderful it was, and she opened her eyes a little, saw the shelves, memories came flooding back, she pushed him away. Because she did not want what they have, such a perfect moment, to be ruined in any way. She goes on a bit, Ben is forgiving, kissing, Tad arrives to open the door, lol, as he was in a conspiracy with Abby. She thanks and hugs him, he gives her the keys to the door, tells Ben he can't cover for him much longer, leaves, more kissing, then Ben asks Abby if she will be free when he finishes his shift.

Hope is with Ciara at the Pub, prior to first day of school. Ciara talks of the play coming up, Cinderella, she wants to try out for it. Hope laughs, saying something about Ciara always full of drama, will be a good actress. Ciara agrees, and wants to try for one of the mean sisters. LOL Now they are outside the school steps, she is saying good luck to Ciara, who wants to wait for Chase. Here he comes, the kids go into school. Aiden calls Hope back, apologizing for being so out of line last night, that he wasn't drunk, just a bit tipsy perhaps, but he WAS completely out of line. Tis o.k., all is well, they are good. He leaves, she finds a book in purse, calls Ciara's teacher who says she will send Ciara out for it. While Hope waits, she reads some of the book, closes it, and starts having a fantasy,. She is coming down the steps, trips, losing her shoe. Along comes Aiden (you will love the romantic music loudly playing, lol) who picks up the shoe, kneels down to put it on her foot. Their hands touch....and along comes Ciara, pulling Hope out of the daydream. She takes her book and leaves her mom, who is smiling.

Sami enters the DiMera study, telling EJ she knows what he did, rattles on about him stopping Stefano from returning, protecting her, etc. etc. EJ denies doing anything, she is prattling on and on, and he, very firmly, reminds her of what his father would do to him, and those he loves, if he thought EJ had done such a thing. Does Samanther understand? Sami goes on about Kate guessing it was EJ, that Rafe is smart and all, but probably had help,. EJ says she had better make kate realize it is not the way she thinks. Her face changes, she gets very serious, says she knows Stefano will be back, if not now, eventually. Sometime. And then he will be getting his revenge on both Sami & Kate for what they did.

She talks about how arrogant she was, how she thought up this plan, and with Kate went for it. She never had anything against Stefano, it was all because of what EJ did. He knows, understands, and takes full responsibility, if Stefano does anything. She is very serious, talking of how hurt she was when she saw those pictures. He knows, because she loves him so much. She starts talking of the last time they were feuding, how she pushed him away, but EJ refuses to let her blame herself for anything. Their faces are getting closer, she is so solemn, nearly kisses him, but instead he kisses her cheek. She is sobbing as she lays her head on his shoulder.

Did the wardrobe department find a sale on cropped shirts? Abigail and Paige are wearing them and that other gal who was with Jill had one on too. I guess that's the style for the teens and young twentysomethings. Sigh.....I think it looks terrible. I don't care if you have the body for it. Wear a complete shirt! :eek:

Did Hope get her funky pants out of Jennifer's closet?
I was thinking the same thing! Saw them in a clip!
Thanks for the summary, Poirot. I love Jennifer's hairdo...unfortunately, the JJ/Eve/Paige storyline is as annoying as EJ and Sami are. And I did not care for Sami's hair or Eve's dress.

I like that T is back today and that Abigail and Ben were able to resolve things. And the Hope-Aiden scenes sound really good.

I hardly ever fast forward, and I am now whenever JJ, Paige, Eve, Jen, Ben and Abby are on. I would rather watch Sami and Kate's storyline over those others. Hope and Aiden are the stars of the show currently for me.

Nice to see a different flashback with Aiden and Hope. Too bad Hope had the dance music during part
of her fantasy. It was funny out of all the fairy tales she had the Cinderella one losing a shoe. I wonder
if Hope will start doing other fairy tale fantasies. fyi, I saw a lost tennis shoe today.

Nice to see Tad again. Not surprised he was the one who got Ben in the storage room.

I thought it was strange Hope was able to text Ciara's teacher and
Ciara left her classroom.

So Eve is going to hire Jill to do something with JJ aka Jack Junior :)

It made me laugh when Ciara asked Aiden's son if he was going to try out for the Cinderella play. She said, "I'm going to try out to be one of the mean stepsisters." He replied, "I definitely think you'll get the part." It probably wasn't meant to be funny but the way he said it made me feel like he thought she would be good in that role.

The young lady Eve roped into her scheme of doing something to JJ must really be on hard times if she longs to get out of her present life but yet she can't manage somehow to get from the upper mid-west to Kentucky, where her cousin could get her a job on a horse farm. How much would a bus ticket cost?

Katmouse, I hope you didn't lose your tennis shoe along the highway. I am always seeing a lone shoe along the highways. Makes me curious how it happens so often. :)

I only watched the Hope-Aiden scenes. Everything else was fast forwarded.

Jordan also wears those cropped tops and she is not a teen or 20 something. I think wardrobe has a lot of misconceptions about what is in style.

LOVED the Cinderella discussion between Hope and Ciara. But I still would like to have mentions of Shawn and Zack and even Chelsea integrated into these conversations.

I too thought it was odd that Hope called Ciara's teacher and she answered on the spot. Why didn't she just go inside?

Looks like the partial pier/partial HTS set is back.

Katmouse, I hope you didn't lose your tennis shoe along the highway. I am always seeing a lone shoe along the highways. Makes me curious how it happens so often. :)

I always wonder why I see one shoe along the road. Sometimes I see a pair of shoes. Maybe shoes are in the
back of a pick up truck and they fall out. I usually see two or three single shoes a week. I think of the
the Cinderella story when I see them :)

I. too, only watched the Hope/Aiden scenes, I hope they bring this storyline forefront. Seriously, I tried to watch the other parts of the episode, but I just can't choke down the juvenile actions of Eve, and I can see them dragging out this story line forever! The Sami/EJ thing just doesn't resonate with me anymore. My only interests right now are Marlena/John, Hope/Aiden, Nicole/? I wanna see some love and romance:) Actually I am enjoying the Theresa and Kristen mess.

This JJ storyline is so contrived. JJ told Rory about 20 times he had no interest in going to this party and that he'd rather do something with Paige, yet all of a sudden he wants to go, I assume so he can meet this Jill person there. I wish TPTB would stop wasting Casey Moss's (JJ) talent with these stupid storylines. It's bad enough that last year we had several months of Theresa blackmailing JJ when he could have solved it in about 30 seconds by either calling her bluff or telling an adult what was going on. Now we have this stupidity.

Heck, Paige talks to Mary Beth on the phone about lst day of classes,and a few minutes later, when running into her in the square, Mary Beth is asking "how was your first day of classes". Do these writers (and editors) pay attention at all to what each other writes, or what is in previous scenes?

And yes, why is Rory so persistent about that party, after JJ told him NO so many times. Of course, NOW JJ wants to go, so Eve's plan can get into gear, with Jill probably in place to set JJ up....again.

LOL at the writers, who figure "hey, someone taking pictures is a fantastic idea, we can use it a lot in the future".

I only watched the Hope-Aiden scenes. Everything else was fast forwarded.

Same here. I really try to stay interested, but I can't get behind anything that concerns Eve, JJ, Paige, and Jen Jen. Really, I don't care to see some stupid plots that could very well happen between six year old kids.

And poor Ben is dragged down by Abigail and Jordan, I'm afraid. The ladies on the show are not very interesting, I think.

Sami and EJ ? :sick: Sami is getting stupider and stupider by the second, and EJ acting all heroic just does not work. Nope, they can leave, for all I care.

Hope and Aiden : definitely some potential there. Let's see what happens. But please, let's not drag this on and on and on and on...

I too thought it was odd that Hope called Ciara's teacher and she answered on the spot. Why didn't she just go inside?

Definitely another stupid thing. When my daughters forget something, I go to the school, see the secretary, as no one is allowed in without seeing her first, and I leave whatever was left behind. The secretary then calls and my daughters come get it at the secretariat. No way would a child be allowed to get out like Ciara did. After all, what proof did the teacher have that it was indeed Hope who had called ? Although... that could make a good story for Days, who love to have children kidnapped. :sick::rolleyes:

And by the way, I didn't notice that the school wall and stairs were the HTS décor ! :sarcasm: Oh, well, better this than to have a classroom in Jen Jen's/Hope's/Kayla's/Daniel's office. :rolleyes:

So, now we know where St. Luke's Academy is, at the top of Horton Square (somewhere). The same steps Nicole fell down, which will probably be somewhere else in the future, lol. And I agree with Heather4CU, can all parents interrupt a class because their kids forgot something, have the teacher let the kid out of class unsupervised to get a book, lunch, phone, etc.??? LOL

Back