Days of Our Lives Tuesday 7/5/2016

S

Sparkster

At the hospital, Steve and Kayla are with Joey. He is getting better and will be released tomorrow. He’s happy to be going home but also misses being on the lam not knowing what was going to happen next. He apologizes to his parents for the mess he caused. He remarks about what a good team he and Steve made back at the commune. Kayla and Steve raise their eyebrows at this remark. Steve says he’ll handle the mission impossible stuff from now on. They talk a little bit about the charges he is facing both here and in LA. Joey says he wants to call Jade to see how she’s doing. Kayla and Steve head outside the room. She rubs her temples a little bit which he notices and asks if she’s having another one of her headaches. She sidesteps. He offers his support. She says she needs to find Fynn and handle work stuff. He offers to head home with her later but she’s not sure she’s ready for that. He thinks they made some strides in LA, what happened? She explains that his drive for danger scares her and she needs to consider that. He thinks she’s just making excuses and wonders if she really wants to be with him or not. She’s afraid to let him back in without really taking the time to think about this. She’s also worried about their son and the fact that he appears to be taking after his father with all the trouble he’s gotten into. She just needs time. He tells her she is his one and only and nothing with ever change that. He leaves.

Steve returns to his hotel room looking dejected. He paces and then sits down looking upset.

Kayla returns to Joey’s room. He says he couldn’t get a hold of Jade. She figures perhaps Jade is with her parents. He wonders how she really feels about Jade. Kayla thinks she’s a troubled girl and is a bad influence. He doesn’t think she knows Jade at all, saying at least dad is giving her the benefit of the doubt. He asks about his father. She says he’s back at his office. Joey gets upset wondering why he isn’t back home with her. After everything he’s risked for them why can’t she take him back? She tells him it’s complicated. People change. Joey thinks she should think more with her heart and less with her head. Dad deserves a second chance and so does Jade.

Later, Jade shows up to Joey’s room, crying. Her dad kicked her out. She’s really upset. He cradles her in his arms telling her they will come around soon but she doesn’t think so and now has no where to go. He promises to take care of her. She’s not so sure what his mom will think of that.

Victor has come home to Maggie looking at a picture of Summer on her phone. He asks how her meeting went. She was comforted to be around people who actually care about her feelings. He apologizes for hurting her but just loves her so much. He goes to leave but she asks him to stay. Maggie is heartbroken over this thing with Summer. She trusted her and thought she knew her but now she wonders. Victor thinks she should just forget about Summer but Maggie says she can’t do that. She reminds him of how many times he’s forgiven his own children for things they’ve done. He thinks it’s different as they weren’t criminals. He thinks it would be best to forget Summer ever existed. Maggie starts blaming herself for the way Summer turned out saying if she hadn’t abandoned her as a baby this wouldn’t have happened. Victor thinks it’s nonsense given her circumstances. Maggie doesn’t relent. He asks what she wants, he will make it happen. She wants him to find her. He thinks she’s probably already left town. She tries calling Summer, no answer. She agrees that Victor is probably right. Fynn shows up. Victor called him over to check her out after her recent stumbles. Maggie thinks it’s unnecessary but agrees to have Fynn check her out. First, she wants to talk to him about Summer. Fynn says he didn’t know her very well but could see she was troubled. Daniel saw something in her that he felt was worth saving. Maggie smiles as Victor rolls his eyes. Fynn gives Maggie a clean bill of health but tells her to take it easy. He leaves. Victor asks Maggie about taking that cruise they’ve talked about. She wonders if they can afford it. He assures her they can. She thinks it might actually be good for them to go.

Summer is counting the money in the bag, $100,000. There are also photos of her and Clark. Knock at the door. Dario. She won’t let him in saying she’ll meet him at the Club soon. She hurriedly puts the cash and photos away and grabs her purse and leaves. She shows up at TBD and drags Dario to a private table. He wants to know why she’s acting so crazy. She informs him of the money and then shows him the letter she received, which promises more money if she complies with their demands. Dario says whoever left this for you means business. They have been following her and probably know about what they did to Clark. He wonders if she’s considering the offer. She’s done some pretty messed up things in her life but what they are asking her to do is reprehensible. She thinks the best course of action is to disappear. Summer calls the mystery person and tells them she is thinking about their offer just to buy some time to get out of town. The call from Maggie comes in but she doesn’t answer it. She wants to get back to the hotel room to pack. Dario accompanies her there not wanting to take any chances.

Brady meets with Theresa and Tate in the Square. Small talk. Then he asks about her run-in with Victor. She tells him the story of falling asleep for two seconds while with Tate and Victor came upon her and woke her up. He starts berating her and she tells him it was just a few seconds. She would give her life for Tate and nothing is more important than him. He understands that but thinks it was poor judgment taking Tate out in that condition. She agrees saying she’s just been so busy and so has he and they really need to have some family time. She tells him it’s not going to happen again. He then says he really can’t judge too much as he was so completely wrong about Summer. He tells her Summer is a con artist and swindled him out of money. Theresa looks disgusted. They go back and forth but Brady doesn’t want any “I told you so’s”. She’s just hurt that he would constantly take Summer’s side over hers all the time. He’s sorry. She asks if Maggie knows. Then she gets up ready to go pounce on Summer but Brady stops her saying it’s not worth it. He thinks Summer is heading out of town soon anyway so won’t be a problem much longer. He feels a little sorry for Summer as she has never felt loved or trusted anyone. He rattles off other people like Nicole, Kristen, then pauses and looks at Theresa, and she says “me?” She questions whether he regrets getting involved with her. Brady says they were both different people back then so initially that was a poor decision that fit the pattern but they’ve both changed since then. She worries about battling it out with Victor and thinks one day he will succeed in turning Brady against he once and for all. He promises that will never happen. Later, they are ready to order but then they spot Summer and Dario coming across the Square. There’s some back and forth. Brady wonders if she ever told the truth in her life. She says there was one time she absolutely told him the truth and he knows what she’s talking about. Theresa wants to know what that’s supposed to mean. Summer then tells Theresa to be grateful for Brady and to treat him right and also to take care of her son. They take off. Theresa thinks Brady isn’t telling her something. He finally admits that Summer professed her love for him. She knew it! She wishes he would have told her about this. She trusts him. He’s not saying much and then Theresa asks if he has feelings for Summer. He assures her the feeling is not mutual. He goes to order takeout. Kayla happens by. She gives Theresa a hug. Theresa says she was so worried about Joey when she heard the news of him being shot. Kayla says he’s going to make a full recovery. Theresa can’t imagine getting through an ordeal like that. Kayla says she’s strong and that motherhood seems to suit her. She’s really proud of the way Theresa has turned her life around. Theresa mentions Victor still giving her a hard time but Kayla says to pay no mind to him. She’s a good mother and has come a long way since working at the hospital when Kayla had to keep an eye on her there. Theresa appreciates that. Everyone deserves a second chance, right?

Later, Steve is drinking but Kayla shows up. He asks why she’s here. She hands over a harmonica saying he left it at the house. She tells him she loves him but she’s in a real quandary. She can’t live with him but doesn’t know how she can live without him.

Back at the hotel room, Dario and Summer are checking out the money. She says it’s tempting to just take it and run. Dario says they’ve run some scams in their day but this is big time. She agrees and says she hopes Theresa heeds her warning earlier about Tate because whoever is behind this is willing to pay an awful lot of money to kidnap that baby, as we see Brady, Theresa, and Tate leave the Square.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing even remotely interesting to me today was the scene between Jeannie T and Kayla. Too bad it was a plot point. I was shocked that she called Kayla "Aunt Kayla" instead of Dr. Johnson.:rolleyes: And the fact that she had to say Grandma Caroline instead of just Grandma is sad.

I'm tired of the same repetitive dialogue between characters: Joey/Jade, Steve/Kayla, Hope/Aiden. ENOUGH! Move on please. If Kayla isn't going back to Steve then at least put her back into other storylines and him as well. But that doesn't seem to be where the show is going given the last scene. So I expect even more repetitive dialogue.

So someone wants Summer to kidnap both Jeannie T and Tate? Is it Victor? Someone else perhaps? And how exactly would Summer do this? If she is successful, too much to hope for Cousin Shawn to head up the case?

I'm getting tired of Victor telling Maggie to forget her child and railing on everyone like he's lived a life that's been so perfect. It's terrible writing and repetitive. Loved the Theresa scenes -- she's a bright spot on the show.

I'm tired of the same repetitive dialogue between characters: Joey/Jade, Steve/Kayla, Hope/Aiden. ENOUGH! So someone wants Summer to kidnap both Jeannie T and Tate? Is it Victor? Someone else perhaps? And how exactly would Summer do this? If she is successful, too much to hope for Cousin Shawn to head up the case?
When it comes to the Salem social scene, repetition is the name of the game. The only thing of note today in the Johnson family circus was that both Joey and Jade no longer seem to have scorpion brands on their hands. That Salem water really is fast-acting. As for a Tater-Tot kidnapping investigation, Shawn will probably be relegated to the margins. Front and center will be outraged Dad Brady and resolute Grandpa John ably assisted by Steve and Paul. Elsewhere a fuming Victor will be checking with his "sources," while poor Maggie will be wringing her hands and weeping as she wails that if she'd been a better mother to the psycho mermaid everything would have been so different.

Let me get straight: Kayla LOVES Steve but she doesn't feel can live with his recklesss nature any longer? Joey feels like Kayla should just take his dad back already? Victor thinks Summer is a parasite and that Maggie should just forget she ever existed? Why has NONE of this been brought up before? I am absolutely STUNNED by these revelations I tell ya, STUNNED!

In fairness there is an upside to all of this repetition and that's all the time the writers save on writing new dialogue. And of course there is the time the actors save on having to memorize it. So I guess it's a win-win for everybody.

I have to ask did Steve, Kayla and the kids walk back from California? They must have and I would guess giving Joey's injuries and Kayla's headaches it must have been very slow going indeed.

I will say though that to my surprise I actually did feel a little sorry for Jade. For the first time I actually felt like she was a real person. Where the "tough girl" act always felt more then a little forced in my opinion. But maybe it always was supposed to feel that way.

So, I get that Summer doesn't want to implicate herself or Dario in Clark's disappearance and perhaps thinks that Brady wouldn't believe her anyway but I find it appalling that neither she nor Dario thinks it's a good idea to perhaps, oh I don't know, inform Brady and Theresa that someone wants to kidnap their kid?! Wow. This character needs to exit Salem yesterday.

I know it seems like Kayla is playing both sides of the fence here but I can understand it. Steve obviously tugs at her heartstrings but I can't blame her for being wary of his shenanigans. I didn't really care for Joey's dressing down of his mother about the situation though. He's not a little kid anymore and while I get that he wants to see his parents reconcile it's up to them not him. I don't care one iota about him and Jade. I'm guessing they are setting up for Jade to move in with the Johnsons. Oh joy.

I really liked the scene with Kayla and Theresa. Nice way to reference past story and show the familial connection here. They really need to do more of this even if it was sort of plot point-ish. LOL.

:confused:so I'm confused by the Salem time travel differences. Joey was shot weeks ago, barely survived. Did the family fly home? How did Kayla get on a plane?? She wasn't allowed to be on a plane due to her brain fog/whatever/clot/bleeding/thingie and apparently that hasn't healed. But Joey with a "gut" shot was able to travel via car?? And with the gut shot, allowed his sleazy girlfriend to lay her legs across his body????

And what happened to the brandings?? Did they heal?? What??? :confused:

I'm convinced that part of the show's strategy now is to air a Hernandez each episode. When we don't get Rafe, we get Dario. Every other Hernandez is just there to support and prop these 2, including missing in action Gabi.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sparkster.

I wonder when the Johnson family got back to Salem. Kayla said he had serious surgery and he would
released tomorrow. And how did they get to Salem? And did Fynn come back with them? And where
is the motorcycle?

It was interesting to see Kayla bring Steve his harmonica. He told her it wasn't necessary since he
had 20 others.

I liked the ending when Dario and Summer were talking and we saw Brady and his family.

Brady was talking to Theresa about how he was duped by women. Then he mentioned Nicole,
Kristen... and he almost said Theresa.

I enjoyed seeing Tate smiling and playing with his bunny.

Our Spanish phrase today was es una locura.... one site's say is means "It's crazy". Others said locura
means madness or insane.

Maggie starts blaming herself for the way Summer turned out saying if she hadn’t abandoned her as a baby this wouldn’t have happened.
Crappy comments like this make me wish that Deimos had finished the job (even though he didn't intend to kill Maggie).
She’s a good mother and has come a long way since working at the hospital when Kayla had to keep an eye on her there.
Who even knew that the writers would remember this? I almost hacked up a lung when this was mentioned.

I still like Jade and wouldn't mind seeing the convict kids strike out on their own in the world. I'm done with Kayla's waffling over Steve.

I have no use for Summer. Victor is no longer interesting to me. At least he could dress like the cast of Retired at 35 if he's going to live in the condo.

I get Maggie's reaction to finding a child since it has happened before to her. Of course her kids are Cain and Abel personality-wise. I am pretty sure she is overly emotional due to all the trauma she has had. I believe she loves Victor and understand his motives just not his modis operandi. Maggie has always (I do mean this kindly) been a Pollyanna. You need someone who on every show who is savvy but does try to see the best in everyone. That same person is the conscience of the show and should be someone no one in the story should tell a lie.

Summer, do you think under-the-bed is a good place to hide $100,000? In a hotel having maid service? Then you go to TBD, and wave incriminating photos around?

Kayla, re Ava, I think it's time for you to move on. Perhaps Steve should have ignored Ava's extortion demands; your body would probably have been found by now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Victor, re having some cruise money hidden away, you were very dishonest in your dealings with Deimos! The bargain was that you were to sign everything you owned over to him. :whack:

Brady to Theresa, "I do not have feelings for Summer." I guess he was having Daniel's feelings for her. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In re:......Victor's holdings. Deimos had all the papers already drawn up, of course listing all the holdings. Victor signed it. If Deimos missed some items. that was on him, not Victor. Time was of the essence at that point, Maggie was dying, Deimos had the hypo antidote in his hot little hands.

Back