Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, January 13, 2015

It is confrontation day in Salem, and everyone must have taken a nasty pill. And I do mean everyone. Clyde has arrived at Victor's, and is warned about trying to muscle in on the trucking business. But Clyde does not back down one iota, tells Victor that Salem is his home now, and no one tells him if he can or cannot go into business. They do have words back and forth with Victor finally warning Clyde that if he persists, he will regret it. Clyde doesn't take kindly to that, will do what he wants, and says this is the last time he will be summoned there.

Paige sits at school, on a white divan, (lol, like any school would have a white sofa for students to use) when Daphne arrives, asks about New Years, learns JJ broke up with Paige, and even that JJ slept with someone while Paige was in CA. Paige of course thinks it was Bev, and when she spots Bev, barely speaks to her. But Bev is all excited as she just returned from her European cruise last night, was gone the entire time, shows the girls pictures, talks of Italy being so beautiful, then leaves.
JJ is sitting (warning, both Paige & JJ have tons of flashbacks to when they first met, and were first seeing each other), thinking about Paige. He is at school, Paige spots him, confronting time, she wants more explaining, he is not forthcoming, and tries to leave. She follows, demanding to know who, and why. JJ says nothing.

JJ runs into Eve in the square, she is demanding to talk to him, he insists he has broken it off with Paige, nothing to talk about, Eve got her way. Oh, but she wants private talk, and naturally, the park is the next place they meet up. Eve goes off on her rant - did he tell his mom. No, of course not. But she goes on and on about Jen coming to see her. JJ says, sure, I walked in the house, Hi mom, guess what, I just bagged Paige's mom, the woman you hate the most. Eve rants about "Paige must never know" JJ abruptly leaves.
So, Eve goes ranting over to Jennifer's, pretending she signed some kind of stupid papers about the settlement. But Jen is on to her, lawyer would have sent Jen a copy, why is she really here. And Eve goes ranting again about JJ staying away from Paige. They both go at it, with Eve getting more and more heated up, as she tells Jen she really doesn't know her son, or what he does, or is capable of doing.

Aiden is on the phone with Bree, who says she has not talked to Hope. But Aiden knows she talked to her sister-in-law, has been bad mouthing Aiden again, spreading lies all over again. It has gotten back to Hope. He lets her know she is leaving him no choice. He hangs up, Chase meets up with his dad in the square, wants to go to their beach house. Aiden says no, then lets him know he put the place up for sale. Chase has a minor fit. he can't do that, spies Hope, yells at her that this is all her fault, and she is not going to make him forget his mother. Aiden chides him to calm down, Hope did not even know. Hope assures Chase she would never try to make him forget his mother, Aiden has Chase sit on a bench, and calm himself. Hope asks why Aiden doesn't keep the beach house, since Chase is so fond of it. But Aiden says it is not an option now.

Hope goes to visit Jennifer (gad, Jen's hair looks awful, in my opinion-hate when the hair is parted in the back, to fall on shoulders in front) The two cousins have just come from a movie they walked out on, cannot understand Kayla's praise of it. They tease about their book club, which should be called the wine club, as very little reading is done. They laugh, maybe it should be Donuts, and laugh all the more. But Hope says she isn't coming, doesn't want to get into it with Kayla again, then explains over coffee/tea how Kayla disapproved of Hope seeing Aiden, and the warnings she has given. Jen asks if Hope believes Aiden. Of course, she replies.....I lo.......she stops, smiles, and says, yes, I love him. Never thought I would say that about anyone besides Bo. They talk of Bo, of his abandoning his family, putting whatever he is doing before the family, etc. Hope looks at a picture of Alice, wishing Gran was still there, times like this, she misses her the most. Jennifer is totally understanding, has been where Hope is now, they hug, love each other, and are glad they have each other.

At the hospital, replay of Kate going on about Chad's donation, and Ben blurting out it wasn't Chad who made the anonymous donation, it was his father. Abby's jaw drops, Jordan is shocked, Kate looks like the cat that swallowed the canary, Anne is trying for damage control. Jordan runs off, Chad follows, then Abby & Ben. Chad says he had no idea Jordan thought he was the donor, Abby is trying to explain them really needing the funding. Ben is sorry he blurted it out but he just did not want Chad getting credit for something he didn't do. Jordan is having a fit, Anne comes in, makes them all comes out to face the reporters, answer a few questions about the project itself.
They do, but Jordan then tells Abby she will not be a part of the project, Ben is sorry, but Jordan is angry that he knew, (abby, too) all along. She tells Ben that he took money from that terrible man who beat him when he was a little boy, who abused them, who caused them to be on the run, hiding, for 8 years. She runs off.

Chad faces off with Kate, has her number, figures she knew all along it was Clyde who made the donation, they have been so cozy lately, and she engineered this whole thing. Kate denies it, flounces off.

Jordan is pounding on Clyde's door, telling him to open up, she knows he is in there. He does, she pushes past him, begins ranting at him over what he did. He grabs her, puts his hand over her mouth, throwing her on the bed, muttering something about "enough, Tammy Sue, time for us to get a few things straight. "

P.S. Abby explains to the reporters how this project will help those who need it the most, mentioning seniors needing therapy, etc. and they can provide transportation for those who don't have it so they get to a doctor, or have therapist go directly to a home.

And you all will love Eve, in the park, some snow on the ground, stamping around in her 6" heels as she is cold, being she is only wearing a light matching jacket over her dress. Sheesh.

What happened to Victor that he let Clyde have the last word.

I too was wondering why Eve had on such a light and short coat; no wonder she was freezing. Also liked JJ stand up to Eve and say Paige should know what her mother is like.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot. I admire you for watching all of this ! And of course, for writing the summary.

Jordan, Ben, Abigail, Anne, Chad, Kate, the reporters, the press conference : This has got to be the most ridiculous press conference ever ! :rolleyes: Seriously, not only were they at the nurses' station, they all looked like a bunch of amateurs trying to play in the major leagues (and that's an insult to amateurs). Especially Jordan, Abigail and Ben. Wow ! And, like the journalists wouldn't notice everything that went wrong ! :rolleyes: Again : wow ! These scenes were as boring as they were stupid. And I guess I'm heartless, because I felt nothing when Clyde grabbed Jordan. She is stupid to go confront him, yet again. And alone ! The woman is beyond boring and stupid, she's just annoying. And I can't stand the tortured look anymore, either. Does anyone care about Jordan or anything she does or think ? I know I don't !

Speaking of not caring, I don't care for the way Hope and Jennifer were talking about Kayla, today. They looked like mean little girls talking behind a friend's back. They made Kayla sound dumb (for loving the movie they hated... whatever), then like a shrew for not approving of Hope and Aiden being together. Frankly, Kayla has every right to be concerned right now. Maybe all these things (Aiden threatening Bree, then barking at Hope, etc.) are red herrings, but right now, Hope should definitely be more concerned. Oh, and by the way, I'm not sure : Are Hope and Jennifer cousins ? Is that why Hope keeps calling Jennifer (whose hair looked indeed terrible... but what a relief to see a sweater with sleeves) "cuz" ? :sarcasm:

JJ, Paige, Paige's friend (whatever her name is), Bev (like she would show Paige her photos all giggly like that :rolleyes: ), Eve : Oh, just leave. Go away. Make this storyline and these characters disappear. For good. (Poor JJ, he's now been ruined by this disgusting plot). They're taking screen time away from the vets.

Jennifer and Eve : Oh, I never get tired of seeing two shrews go at it ! How interesting it is to see two grown women get into it over their grown up kids. Bravo, writers, great scenes ! :sarcasm:

Clyde and Victor : Not much for now. Still hoping Victor will take Clyde down. And soon !

Aiden : Let's move this along. Let's not transform this into yet another "Jordan syndrome", that is, by the time we find out if Aiden is truly good or truly bad, we won't care anymore. Or at least, I won't. Because today, I saw a not so charming man. Does he have good reasons ? Again, let's find out sooner than later.

Like someone said in another thread, I may need to take a break from this farce of a show, as I'm becoming bitter and probably overly critical. I don't mean to, mind you, but pretty much every day, I'm left frustrated and disappointed.

:OT: The Writer, Hope's Mom was Addie and Addie's brother Bill is Jennifer's dad, so Addie and Bill are siblings, so their children are cousins.

Now that being said, I have NEVER once called my cousins "Cuz" and because I'm older than dirt, I won't use me, but my millennial spawn don't use that terminology either, so I have no idea. My spawn actually use their cousins names. How freaking odd is that????:back:

Shoot, did I forget Daphne? (Paige's friend). Oh, well..

I do think viewers are more disappointed than anything else. Plus for as long as viewers have complained about draggggiinngg out stories, seems the writers just are not listening. But right now, they think they are causing some "suspense" until Feb. sweeps. They tried that for Nov. sweeps and fell flat on their faces.

Meanwhile, gad, Clyde was really showing his true colors today, no more of that ol charm. Ben should have seen him talking to Victor, and then to Jordan.

Thanks for the summary. I'm glad Jennifer had on sleeves, but alas, her hair WAS pretty bad! And Eve wearing that clothing in January? What the heck?

Eve, JJ & the teens--FF material. SO boring! Give Roman, Marlena, John, and Caroline some storylines instead of showing us this garbage.
Abigail/Chad/Jordan/Ben/Kate--same as above. NOBODY CARES!!! Poirot is absolutely right! Everyone on Facebook and other sites voices their complaints about how boring and slow the storylines are; many have stopped watching. With the ratings sinking so quickly and deeply, the writers and Corday had better listen to the viewers, or Days may not last after its 50th year.

The Jennifer/Hope/Aiden stuff was kind of filler. I agree that it was kind of a low blow for Hope and Jennifer to talk that way about Kayla behind her back, but knowing Jennifer, I'm not surprised she was partaking in the gossip session.

The Victor & Clyde scenes sound good.

The show went by pretty quickly for me as I fast forwarded any scene with Eve, Paige, or JJ. I probably could have buzzed through the Poplar Bluff crew as well. I hope Clyde doesn't rape Jordan tomorrow. When he threw her on the bed I jumped a little. I really want Aiden to turn out to be good because I thought it was cute how Hope was coming to the realization that she was falling in love with him. I do agree about Jen and Hope gossiping about Kayla. Very sophomoric. Ben is turning into such a dolt of a character. Can he take his family and head back to Poplar Bluff? Please!

Let's be fair here. Kayla gave a rave review to this movie, said it was the best one she ever saw, and both Jen & Hope did not find it so. I think many of us have been there, done that.

And next, Kayla was told some gossip from a friend, who heard it from her sister-in-law, who has no proof of any of her comments/thoughts, etc. So Kayla, who barely has even talked to Aiden, is thumbs down on him......while Hope, who has interacted with the man for over a year, is a cop, seems to trust him, etc. is given no credibility for that by Kayla. Now Hope & Kayla have known each other for years. And yet Kayla is trusting the suspicions of someone 3rd hand, and giving no credit whatsoever to what Hope thinks, feels, etc.
Hope feels bad about that, and shared those feelings with Jennifer, and those two cousins have really been close for a lot of years.
Just with WHOM is Hope supposed to share those feelings ? Please do not try and tell me that no one has ever shared being upset by a sibling, relative, friend, etc. with someone else.

I gave Jennifer credit. She HAS been through it all herself. Her husband was supposedly on a walkabout in Australia, abandoning his family, Jen finally decided to move on, and filed for divorce. She embarked on a romance with Dr. Dan, evidently feels she got a lot of flak for it, but.....her husband returned, with PTSD after being held hostage and tortured for a year.

She understood what Hope was going thru, fully. Every bit of it. I am glad Hope had someone with whom to share her feelings, and I don't feel the two were gossiping behind kayla's back. Kayla has told Hope what she heard, knows that Hope is aware of it all, and trusts Aiden. Good for Kayla to still be a bit concerned, but it still is Hope's life. Kayla should not be harping on something about which she has no factual knowledge.

(removed texting gibberish symbols....JS) Jack returned from Afghanistan in 2011, not Australia.

I agree that Kayla's interference in the Hope-Aiden coupling has been troublesome and annoying, but does it really warrant such childish, gossipy behavior?

Of course he returned from Afghanistan, but Jennifer thought all along he was in Australia.

And I guess it is how we perceive what we see. I did not consider Hope & Jennifer's conversation about what was going on with Hope either childish or gossipy. Hope was upset, talked to Jen, needed a shoulder, Jen listened and sympathized. Neither one said anything negative about Kayla. I have been there for friends, and have those who have been there for me. Fortunately, for us all, our personal trials and tribulations are not being televised. LOL

And you know what? Kayla herself has a husband who evidently (according to the writers, not me) wanted to do his own thing, so Kayla filed for divorce.

Eve/JJ/Paige: If the writers were by some miracle turned to me and ask what direction they should take this mess I would answer slowly and clearly so there would be no confusion and I would only need three words to do it and those words would be: Shut. This. Down.

Clyde and Jordan: This thing is dead in the water. The only that might make this interesting is if that the thing that Clyde needs to get clear to "Tammy Sue" is that he is actually the supreme ruler of an alternate dimension and that he needs control of Salem's trucking so he can bring his savage and unstoppable hordes comprised of hellish beings from worlds beyond our imagining to our universe. Yeah I think that might make this story interesting. Please note the empathsis on the word might.

In between the pointless confrontations, a few minor miracles took place today. First, Kate was actually left speechless, if only for a moment, when dimwitted Ben blurted out it was Clyde, not Chad, who was funding the Jordan-Abigail program. Then, miracles of miracles, Jenny was actually wearing a sweater with long sleeves! Speaking of Jenny, now the viewers know where the hospital PR director was when the world's worst press conference was taking place -- at her book club, drinking wine. University Hospital is famous for its lack of professionalism, but this could be a new low. As for JJ, he may have uttered one of the most remarkable lines in Salem history with his, "Hey, mom, guess what? I just totally bagged Paige's mom ...." Too bad it was just a hypothetical scenario. Jen Jen's reaction to it would have been priceless.

And, I see on Facebook, my children calling their cousins the same. To be fair, they do not see each other often.....
@Dr.Baker..........In my opinion Kate was not speechless. She was aiming to have someone blurt out the truth, she succeeded.

Back