Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Oh, boy, Victor & Clyde go head to head, what fun. At Club Nameless replay of Rafe telling Kate & Clyde to finish their drinks and leave. But the Kate manages to remind Rafe it would not be good publicity for Rafe to throw out two such upstanding citizens on the very first night. Clyde keeps talking of Rafe no longer being a cop, so no good cause.
Meanwhile, Abby is arguing with Chad about going after Ben, with Chad insinuating Ben is not on the up and up with her, lies, etc. She laughs at look who is talking of lying, and tells him that what she & Ben talk about is none of his business. Ben is arguing with Jordan, who can't believe Ben is swallowing Clyde's whole act. Ben talks of how Clyde is trying to change, and though Jordan wants to tell how he really hasn't, she flashes back to Clyde threatening to tell Ben how she deliberately crashed the truck, killing Mama and his little brother. Abby & Ben come in, Jordan says all is o.k. Chad says they can leave, but Jordan says no, they will stay, and all 4 go back into the club.
When Ben & Abby comes back to the table, Rafe leaves, evidently deciding not to press the issue of Clyde & Kate leaving, and as Ben & Abby sit down, Clyde tells Kate they should leave these two to enjoy themselves, and go to another table.

At the Kmansion, Victor is talking to one of his men, who is telling all about the trucker fight, and the guy in the hospital. Victor will take care of the hospital bills, and knows who is responsible for this, a hillbilly, name of Clyde. And wow, Victor knows Clyde had all the drug business sewed up in Poplar Bluff, and now has come here, even taking on Riverfront Park. Damon is surprised, as everyone agreed it was off limits, but Vic says after EJ died, Clyde saw his chance and grabbed it. The trucking business is to launder the money. Damon offers to help get rid of Clyde, but Victor will do that himself. Damon offers the help of other men as well, but Vic says no.....just as Maggie comes in. She just returned from checking something at Chez Rouge, and since both are dressed up, suggests checking out his new club. (She has greeted Mr. Damon, who has left)

Over at Paul's room, replay of Paul asking Will if he wanted them to get together again, as he moves in closer and closer. Will is silent, and sure enough, they are kissing, getting worked up, shirts comes off, Will's arms are around Paul as he looks at his ring finger, remembers the vows when he & Sonny exchanged the rings, and Will backs off. This is wrong, cannot do this, puts his shirt back on. Paul is a bit upset, and another conversation ensues about Paul coming out or not. Will is encouraging him, Paul is being sarcastic about Will only caring about the article, but then Will brings up other athletes who have opened up, helped others, etc. Paul reflects, Will is right, he will come out, but is too exhausted to talk now, tomorrow will be better, he can collect his thoughts and figure exactly what he is going to say.

John, Marlena & Sonny all tiptoe out of Arianna's room, with them teasing John over how he gets Ari to laugh so much. All 3 sit and chat for a bit, with Sonny asking about the cop job offer, Basic Black, and how he figures John already has made up his mind to take it. John insists he has not, that this is a decision they both make together. Sonny gets a call, isn't too happy, John & Marlena figure it is time to leave. In the square they comment how deserted it is as they sip their coffee. John says maybe that is why Sonny seemed upset about the call, but Marlena is worried about both Sonny & Will, who are each leading such individual busy lives.

Victor & Maggie arrive at the club, Maggie is impressed with how it all looks, etc. But Victor is scowling when he spots Chad. Maggie goes to say hello to Abby & Ben, Vic talks with Rafe, figures Stefano sent Chad to spy on the place. What could be worse than having a DiMera here. Uh, oh, he spots Clyde, his mouth tightens. He wants to toss Clyde out, Rafe says he feels the same, mentions what Kate said about bad publicity. Never mind, Vic will take care of this. He goes over, Clyde gets up, and oh, wow, the sparks and the snark flies between them. Vic warns Clyde that his employees are like his family, and hurting his family, means hurting me. Clyde is smart mouthing Victor right & left, calling him an old man who should be retired like Stefano, that they may have rules Salem for 30 years, that time is over, go enjoy being retired. Vic warns Clyde he has no idea who is dealing with, but Clyde is pretty cocky. Before Victor can say more, Maggie comes up, thanking Mr. Weston for his generous donation to the hospital. He kisses her hand, is happy to see her, comments that poor folk like he was didn't get much of anything, so he is happy to help the less fortunate. Victor wants to leave, she goes to say goodbye to Abby & Ben.
At home, she comments on how quiet Victor was on the way back, he says he was distracted. At first she talks of him being jealous that Kate is dating another man, but Vic doesn't give a darn who Kate shacks up with. She realized he doesn't like Mr. Weston, & yaks about the donation. Victor doesn't trust the guy, ulterior motives, etc.
Back at the club, Abby & Ben take their leave, Clyde bids them good night, telling his son he was glad they got to spend time together, and he loves him. Ben does a half smile, just says Good Night, Dad. Later, Clyde is looking pensive, Kate asks what is wrong, and Clyde says it is the first time he called me Dad.......ever! It was good to hear, even once. Kate is happy for him. They kiss.
Out in the square, Ben is very quiet, and finally tells Abby that he called his father Dad, it just slipped out, and he has never ever done that. She says "even when a little boy". And Ben replies that once he was locked in a room for refusing to say it, and still wouldn't. Abby realizes this is huge for Ben.
Jordan & Chad have left the club, exchange some banter about her loving the dress, feeling like Cinderella, him saying how that ball did not turn out well. She laughs, yeah, Cinderella was left with pumpkin seeds in her hair, and no shoes. He thinks she still looks beautiful, she thinks he is still a prince, promising that Clyde is not going to spoil their time together. They kiss.
Paul call his mother, talking of needing more therapy for a few months, plus some other things, and since he is stuck there, could she come to Salem, with Grampa. (we do see her!) She says no, that even tho Grampa is o.k. she is just busy and cannot come to Salem. Paul asks again, wants to see them, talk in person, but she adamantly refuses, she absolutely cannot come to Salem.
Will arrives home, is sorry to be late, can see Sonny upset. It isn't that. For the first time ever, the club did hardly any business, they lost money for the day. He figures it was because of Uncle Vic's club opening, tells Will how he was asked to run it, turned it down. Will is confused...Sonny was willing to take money from Vic. Sonny claims it would have been a loan, but he refused the club as he did not earn it. Sonny says their problem is no cash, Will talks of the bills they have to pay, Sonny brings up how he blew all their savings. Will notes that Sonny supported them all for a long time, but Sonny says he did not mind at all. It was fine. Will talks of how he is now able to contribute, but Sonny notes that he even blew Will's L.A. money. He goes into his bedroom, slamming the door, as Will calls out to him.

Will's arms are around Paul as he looks at his ring finger, remembers the vows when he & Sonny exchanged the rings, and Will backs off. This is wrong, cannot do this, puts his shirt back on.

So it's a little late for that, isn't it ? Will should have stopped the first time around.

Thanks for the summary. I don't know if I'll be able to watch today. But I will try to catch Victor's scenes. I am not interested in anything else. Even Marlena and John, who, once again, seem to be used as filler, talking about others, when really, I'm more interested in seeing them work things out between them.

Oh, well...

That was my thought also Just Samantha. Maybe Tori had Paul after she left (however she left, faked her own death, whatever). Paul might be another half brother (same mother but the father being some man in Japan that she met after she left Clyde) ?

I loved Victor's "we don't want to cater to the Duck Dynasty crowd" lol. And him saying "I'll tell you what, you take Chad and I will take Clyde and we will frog march them out" (to Rafe).
Yes, Victor was in fine form today. His one-liners were flying fast and furious, and if looks could kill, Clyde's death would have been the highlight of "Club Victor's" opening night. Speaking of the Poplar Bluff pervert, his main squeeze, Kate, was really exaggerating when she called herself and Clyde two of Salem's "leading citizens." If a drug dealer and the head of a second-rate cosmetics company are "leading citizens," things are far worse in Salem then we thought. Also, Clyde's statement that he could "handle" Victor could be the most disastrously over-optimistic statement since Steve claimed he could manage Ava Vitali. Finally why is John so eager to join the Salem P.D.? Since it's clear that "bringing down" the DiMeras is out of the question and Roman's cops appear unaware of Clyde's drug dealing, what's he going to do: chase drug users out of Riverfront Park, pursue purse-snatchers, investigate suspicious bird-watchers, and break up Salem U. keg parties?

what's he going to do: chase drug users out of Riverfront Park, pursue purse-snatchers, investigate suspicious bird-watchers, and break up Salem U. keg parties?
Maybe he can take up where Rafe left off and hunt down missing kitty cats??

Plus.... that coffee sold in HTS isn't going to drink itself! Somebody from the Salem PD needs to wander the Square with a coffee cup in hand.

Rafe did that before he joined the Salem P.D. If he really would be taking Rafe's place, then he comes in as a detective, not a beat cop. Salem's detectives really either have nothing to do because they keep Salem so cleaned up (cough!cough!) or just walk around with blinders on, oblivious to crimes, and clues!

So, Tori Narita (Paul's mother) was quite adamant about not being able to come to Salem. Is she afraid of running into Jordan/Ben, Clyde or Stefano??? :rolleyes:

Yea, it seemed like Tori was scared and taken aback to go to Salem, which perhaps possibly some of us were right in the speculations here. Maybe she is Jordan and Ben's mother keeping a eye on them and Clyde. Though I do feel Tori will run straight to Salem once she finds out Paul is gay in the magazine.

I had a strange thought while watching Paul talk to his mother and noted her adamant refusal to come to Salem. What if the person she doesn't want to run into turns out to be... Rafe? Now I want to be clear I have nothing to back that up with and it totally came to me out of thin air. I wouldn't even call it a theory really since I don't think they'll go that route but it certainly would be unexpected and a story for Rafe.

Oh wait, did I just type the words "story for Rafe?" *touches forehead* Hmm, I do feel a bit warm maybe I should go lay down.

At least Will said no even though he started to fall to Paul's seduction, but after looking at his ringless ring finger and remembered his vows to Sonny. I can see him making a mistake once with Paul, but had he did it again then there would have been no excuse. I am not condoning adultry, but mistakes are sometimes made. He came home to Sonny and tried to comfort him about business not going well, but Sonny lashed out as well even admitting all of Will's LA money is gone too. It is starting to look like Sonny's pride is standing in his way.

Thanks for the summary. The Will-Paul scenes...too late, Will. It's really too bad, as you and Sonny had a good thing going. I'm glad we got to see Tori, though.

Victor & Clyde--I'll have to catch those scenes later. I DO love me some Victor snark!
Everything else, I kind of tuned out. Not really interested. But it was great to see Marlena & John. They should've been at the club opening as well.

Ick. Will is slime, just like Paul. I could give the has-been pitcher a pass on his first two rounds with Will, who he didn't know was married. But after knowing and still pursuing him? That shades his character differently.

As to the idiotic Will/Sonny fight - ok, let me see if I have this right - after supporting Will, his daughter, and his baby mama, for the better part of 2 years, you have ONE BAD NIGHT at the club and are up in arms that you're a failure? (Don't try to tell me about the failure of the new club, the demerits of that story have been discussed at length elsewhere.) This show is making Trouble on the Field Trip (a story I wrote in 3rd grade) look like Hamlet.

Nice John & Marlena scenes...almost. They should be the story.

Kate is a joke, Clyde is a perv, Ben is a tool. I hope the perv marries the hooker and they leave town with Ben in tow, like before February Sweeps.

Victor was in top form. I'd pay $1000 to see him beat down Clyde, old-school.

I'm not so sure about Tori being Jordan/Ben's mother, but it's possible. I would wonder how a dead woman had learned that her missing and multiply-name-changed children were boring/beating folks in Salem...my fear is that she is one of Stefano's inconceivably-numbered mistresses, and that Paul is a DiMeraling. (Couldn't care less or make me like him less now at any rate.) Frankly the "Stefano, the proud and prancing womaniser" thing wore out in the early 1990s.

Despite all of that horror, the worst part of the episode for me was Maggie's sudden, illogical, pointless (albeit mercifully momentary) jealousy over Victor/Kate. Get a life, big Red. Just because you spend half your day doting on your egg-ilk doesn't mean Victor's got the wandering eye.

So Tori really, really doesn't want to come to Salem. Who does she know
and how does she know they are in Salem? That's what I thought of first.
Did the writers throw out too many clues for some to guess
the right answer?

Tomorrow Will is suppose to talk to Paul. Will Paul still want
to come out or will he change his mind again?

I loved the John and Marlena scenes. Club TBD was so dead
no employees were around. Maybe T was in the rest room

I laughed when Victor wanted Rafe help get Chad and Clyde out
of the club. They should have done it. Sonny needs the business.

I bet people will be at Club TBD in the morning for their coffee :)

Back