Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NBC is covering the funeral of Mario Cuomo for me....so I am not getting the show. Right now, it appears to be the end of the service.....but no idea what is going to happen.

If anyone can fill in here.....please do.

O.K. Got most of the show after the funeral ended. Here....

Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ahh, a couple of days seem to have passed, and bingo, things are happening. Kayla meets up with Hope in the square, chatter a bit about the bad date with silent Bob on New Year's Eve.....and then Kayla begins questioning Hope about seeing Aiden. Long story short, she tells her how Bree's sister-in-law talked to Bree and learned Aiden called Bree, threatening her if she ever called Hope again.

Theresa has a bad dream about the park, getting an injection, wakes up wondering why she keeps having that dream. John arrives, letting her know he is back in town, told Brady he won't interfere in his life any more, and only wants to tell Theresa the same thing, and also she should do the same. She throws him out.
Later John runs into Brady, tells him about visiting Theresa, but Brady is a bit discombamulated, so thanks John for telling him, will get together later.

Rafe meets with Aiden, who had a meeting with the police chief, the mayor, rep from governor's office, and the D.A. Upshot is, Rafe won't get jail time, but neither will he be reinstated, nor allowed to have a P.I. license. He has to sign papers agreeing to it all. Aiden is sorry, but Rafe is just glad no jail time. He signs, thanks Aiden, goes to the Club.
Jordan sees him, "heard" he'd been fired, he tells her the terms. Victor comes in, overhears, will fix it. Nope, he can't. Is o.k. and thanks for giving a damn. He leaves, Jordan lets Victor know she has no idea what happened.

Over at DiMansion, Chad is on the phone with Stefano, who heard about Rafe being fired, Chad brags he made it happen. Oh, Stefano is so proud of him, he neutralized Rafe, asks about the other thing, which has gone according to plan. Sonny K has been set up.Sonny arrives, Chad hangs up, Sonny breaks the news about losing all Chad's money, all of his own as well. He explains the place needed a whole new roof, and they could not do that on a building they were leasing. He apologizes, is ready to sign over Club TBD, Chad refuses to let him, goes on about being partners, best friends, and in this together. Sonny leaves, Chad grins, is back on phone with Stefano, who is so proud of Chad, twice in one day he accomplished great things. Chad says yes, but he really likes Sonny. Stefano notes that leverage is what you must always have. Chad has to hang up, more company.
This time, it is Rafe, who lets him know in no uncertain terms that he has figured out Chad sent the anonymous letter. Chad plays dumb, Rafe knows better, and ooopsy, Jordan is outside the door, about to knock, hearing every word. Rafe lets Chad know he has now leveled the playing field, Rafe is no longer bound by rules, and he is still on the lookout. He leaves, Jordan comes out of hiding and barges into the study, asking Chad if it is true, did he get Rafe fired?

At the hospital, the Shirley Temple wannabe is talking to Maxine, as she seems to be listed as free lance rather than on payroll (this sounds so dumb to me) but Anne is not there. Melanie is worried, she won't have health ins. until this gets rectified. She goes for coffee, Theresa arrives, Maxine tells her, but Theresa really seems preoccupied, and really doesn't care. Maxine threatens to call someone, so Theresa resigns herself to taking care of it.

A camera shot of Mandrake sitting in his office, remembering injecting Theresa, knocking her out.

Now earlier, Victor had given Brady a little bag of some gift for Melanie from Maggie, asking Brady to deliver it. He makes excuses, Victor insists, he delivers it to Melanie, who gets all giddy, gushy, babbling, but then Brady lets her know it is not from him, it is from Maggie. Oh, fine, blah, blah. Well, he accidentally leaves behind an envelope, which is why he was a bit vague when talking to John.

Sonny comes into the Club, having called Will, wanting to talk to him, getting voice mail, etc. etc. He spots Victor sitting, joins him, figures Vic heard the news. Vic asks why he did not come to him, Sonny says he did, Vic said NO. Victor only says he thought the whole idea was a mistake, is not too surprised that Chad refused to take over the Club. (you can see the wheels turning in Vic's brain, lol).

Theresa comes to the lounge to get Melanie's status straightened out, the two immediately get catty, insults back and forth. Theresa says there is a form Mel would have to fill out, but she wasn't there for the training. Mel tells her it is just a form, how hard would it be. They are at it again, Brady comes it, puts a stop to it. They actually both tell him to get lost. He starts going on, and both shout at once.....GET OUT. LOL

Hope is with Aiden, who senses something is upsetting her. She finally tells him what Kayla told her about Aiden threatening Bree. Aiden says, that is correct, and exactly what I did.

Thanks for the summary.

Poor Sonny. He's going through so much now:cry:. I can't believe Chad is destroying their friendship with his scheming. I'm not liking Chad anymore. But this crap with Jordan and Rafe is boring. Well, at least we got to see Stefano, and I like that Jordan interacted with Victor--don't think we've seen that. I also liked the interaction between Aiden and Rafe.

The stuff with Aiden and Hope is so contrived. Too many of (what I perceive to be as) the red herrings. I'm scared this romance will end up like JJ & Paige's--cute at first, but ruined by red herrings that transformed the girl into a hag and the guy goes and does something stupid.

I'm so uninterested in Nurse Baby Talk, Theresa, or Brady. That said, it was nice to see John, no matter how brief and unimportant he's been lately.

So, I watched most of the show, today, but not all (thus I am sorry, I could not do the summary, as I still have this habit of FF what I find boring... and that happens a lot these days).

Baby Melanie : Oh, can this girl stop it with the overdone babbling/stumbling ? :rolleyes: How annoying can this little girl get ? Can you imagine being cared for by such a nurse ? Which brings me to my next point : Is Maxine the only one actually dressed like a nurse ? I mean, Melanie was dressed up to go have dinner at a nice restaurant, high heels, jewels and all. Who works like that ? Can we please have some logic ? I know the idiot writers can't write any for the storylines, but how difficult is it to dress characters for the part they're playing ? :rolleyes: :beat: Here's a hint, just browse the Internet :

images

Theresa and the baby stealing stuff : Can this be one stupid (the word is not strong enough, but I can't find the right one) storyline that is dropped ? I don't care about Theresa, it's too late for her, can't be redeemed in my view, so why bother ?

Sonny : I know he's kind and all, but lately, he really seems like he's missing his brain. Sorry, he appears very, very gullible and dumb these days. Oh, and WHY IS WILL SO BUSY ???? :angry::angry: How contrived is this ?

Chad ? Oh, how I hope Victor (who's sharp as ever : GO VICTOR !!!!) takes him down !

Rafe : So Hope, again, can stay a cop after having done jailtime, but Rafe, no ! Yeah, that works. :rolleyes: :beat:

Hope and Aiden : Unfortunately, I don't really care anymore. If Aiden is truly a bad guy, then it should now be known, at least to us viewers. Right now, it's another case of Jordan and her secret, probably Serena and her secret in the safe, Aiden's past will take so long to get revealed in it's entirety, I won't care by then. Plus, I don't like the fact that Kayla and Hope will probably fight over this.

So, all the bad stuff done by Roman and other Bradys that did not EVER result in so much as a slap on the wrist. This anonymous letter that Rafe agreed was true, but not allowed to offer any additional testimony gets him kicked off the police force (which is a joke anyway) and he can't get a PI license either because of it.

There should be an entire new section titled something like "When da Plot didn't make sense" and we could add our choices, because this doesn't make sense.

Chad, as an EJ wannabe, is just not cutting it for me. Stefano, who might as well be off the show, does his dirty work from who-knows-where and uses Chad as his glorified gofer. Since the actor has cut back drastically on his appearances, I wish they would get rid of Stefano, once and for all; let Chad have a brain cramp and return to the likable guy we knew and loved; then move Clyde into the mansion and let him fight with Victor for the title of most evil man in Salem.

Also, I think Rafe is working undercover to get the goods on Clyde.

I just don't get why Chad is out to get Sonny, just because he's a Kiriakis?

I don't like what is going on with Rafe - he can't even be a security guard? Not that he'd want to but really, but all the stuff the other Salem PD officers have done? Okay, well I hope whatever he ends up doing is interesting! I did like to see him interacting with Aiden.

I know Theresa has done awful things but I can't help but want to take her side - not as a cheer for her but it's more against the others like Maxine and Melanie.

I just don't get Chad's angle here with Sonny. They are friends and have been for quite some time so I really don't understand why he is deliberately undermining him with the business stuff unless Stefano brainwashed him during his recuperation last year to carry on the lost vendetta against the Kiriakis family. Getting Rafe fired I can understand since he was a cop after the DiMera's and the Jordan factor. It's interesting though, I'm trying to imagine Casey Dietrich (ex-Chad) doing these things and it's hard to imagine. They sure did a revamp on the character with the recast. I'm sure Chad will sweet talk his way out of it with Jordan re: the Rafe thing.

This Melanie and Brady stuff is so cringe-worthy. I mean I know she's a toddler and all but good grief. Enough with all the blabbering cutesy talk and acting like a baby.

The thing is, Chad did that anonymous letter WITHOUT Stefano's knowledge, so when he told Stefano, the man was just giddy with joy. But Stefano HAS known about setting up Sonny to fail in the new club. Chad backstabbed his his "best" friend. When Sonny left he said to Chad "I owe ya", and with Sonny out the door, Chad smiled and said "yes, you do".
So, Chad has something else up his sleeve. Something that Sonny will have to do, or agree to, because he "owes" Chad. That is why Stefano was so pleased. Chad had Sonny right where he wants him, in order to accomplish something else. "Leverage" Stefano called it.

Baby Melanie : Oh, can this girl stop it with the overdone babbling/stumbling ? :rolleyes: How annoying can this little girl get ? Can you imagine being cared for by such a nurse ? Which brings me to my next point : Is Maxine the only one actually dressed like a nurse ? I mean, Melanie was dressed up to go have dinner at a nice restaurant, high heels, jewels and all. Who works like that ?
Amen to that. If Nurse Betty Boop wants to be treated like a professional, she ought to dress the part. As for her favorite punching bag, Jeannie T., perhaps she ought to get together with Nicole. Right now, the self-righteous citizens of Salem seem to think it's just fine to dump on them any time, anywhere, for sins both real and imagined, no matter how far in the past they may be. Speaking of the brat girl, she wins points today for actually throwing John out of her apartment, unlike the many Salemites who endure harsh words from some fool (such as Jenny) who's set on a confrontation. Elsewhere, Stefano must be thanking fate for his tryst with Maddie. His accidental son has accomplished something he and Elvis never managed -- getting somebody tossed off the Salem P.D. Chad also seems to remember that sticking it to members of the Kiriakis family is written into DiMera DNA. Finally, when are Sonny and Rafe ever going to learn?? When trouble strikes, don't see a lawyer or cry in your beer, but instead run, don't walk, to Victor the Fixer, who can make all bad things go away. Just ask Chelsea about how she and her sorority sisters were able to escape any legal trouble after the Ford Decker homicide.

Chad is quickly becoming the male version of Kristen DiMera, heck they even kind of resemble each other. Eventually everyone in town will hate Chad as much as they all hate Kristen once Chad's schemes are exposed working with Stefano behind everyone's back. Though Chad and Kristen would make a horrible bro/sis evil duel. I just want Chad to lose for once, he is too arrogant and is getting away with everything.

I bet Brady helps Melanie out with getting Theresa to put her on payroll. Which of course would make more of a reason to hate Melanie.

Victor I feel may ask Sonny for a favor regarding Rafe.

I actually found myself chuckling at the Melanie-Brady scenes not because I found them endearing which clearly is how we're supposed to feel. I was chuckling because this is how the writers seem to think grown-ups in grown-up professions like nursing for example, behave. They really need to get out of Tinseltown and interact with some real people.

I like Billy Flynn (Chad) as an actor I think he's got real talent but I'm STILL not buying Chad as this mastermind. The scene with Rafe is an example of why: he was shaken by the encounter. True he didn't really let Rafe see it but he was affected nonetheless. If he was really committed he would have just laughed it off. He just feels like a lightweight to me.

I found my mind going to moment where Rafe has to tell Gabi he's off the force and can no longer work in any kind of law enforcement which sadly will be off-screen. I just know my girl will blame herself. :cry:

As usual, Victor had some good lines today. He truly is the "King of Snark". I loved his comments about Roman.
When trouble strikes, don't see a lawyer or cry in your beer, but instead run, don't walk, to Victor the Fixer, who can make all bad things go away. Just ask Chelsea about how she and her sorority sisters were able to escape any legal trouble after the Ford Decker homicide.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks like ol' Vic has a good plan up his sleeve concerning Sonny and Rafe's predicaments.

I enjoyed Therea's snarky remarks to John about him and Victor going
to the beauty parlor getting their hair done LOL

I wonder if Theresa will have a dream/flashback of when
Mandrake gave her the shot.

Maybe Melanie wears a cover over the white blouse when she was working.
Otherwise, her blouse would get very messy. I'm glad she was wearing pants
and not a short skirt like some do in Salem.

I wonder what Chad has planned for Sonny. I hope someone will stop Chad
before it happens.

We must have had funeral coverage here too, no show at all on my DVR. Doesn't sound like I missed much.

Can someone explain why in the world SONNY would be responsible for the ROOF on a building he LEASES? That doesn't make much sense to me...??

Rafe/Chad/Jordan SNORE. But my money's still on this whole Rafe thing being a setup. After all, the DiMeras have eyes within the department (that is, they do if the writers remember that...LOL).

I hope Sonny shoots Chad in the head. Their storyline makes no sense from any angle - the feud is OVER, they are FRIENDS and have been for YEARS, and Sonny was (until November of last year) a GOOD businessman who was SUCCESSFUL. Suddenly, none of that is true anymore, and we get this lame plot.

I'll forgive Jeannie T for whacking John on the noggin (heck he seems none the worse for wear) if she takes a swing at Melanie. I don't care if it kills her, as long as she starts talking like a grownup. (I guess we know she must be over 26, if she's worried about health insurance, LOL.)

Back