Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015

Maxine's currently on duty and lounging around in the reception/sitting area intended for visitors/patients gossiping with Melanie about her love life. Isn't that what hospital break rooms are for? This Salem U hospital staff has to be the most unprofessional on daytime television.

It's a travesty what's become of the Dimera mansion set. Is the library door intended to be the pseudo front door entrance now? The way the scene opened, it seemed Chad open the library doors because Sonny knocked.

Chad is a backstabbing little rat.

I did think that Sonny had BOUGHT the building, but he did talk today of leasing it. Now perhaps, since he wanted to turn it into a club, he agreed to do renovations...and yes, that would be INSIDE. Any outside structural problems would be the problem for the OWNER, not the renter.

Here is what I cannot understand. So far, Chad supposedly put in a big chunk, a special account, which got used up. Sonny needed $200,000 more, which is what he asked Victor for, and was told no. Then that roof thing was another $25,000. Sonny empties out his & Will's personal account.....and when the $25,000 wasn't enough, that was the end of it. So, all that inside renovations were for naught? The owner of the building will profit from that and has not spent a penny.

Someone really needs to sit these writers down and give them a dose of reality.

Your point further drives home my belief that high school or freshmen college student interns are behind these plots. Surely adult writers with a tiny bit of life experience and an ounce of common sense wouldn't put these non sensical plots on paper.

I did think that Sonny had BOUGHT the building, but he did talk today of leasing it. Now perhaps, since he wanted to turn it into a club, he agreed to do renovations...and yes, that would be INSIDE. Any outside structural problems would be the problem for the OWNER, not the renter.
Very good point and completely on target. If any landlord-tenant lawyers watch Days, their eyes will really be rolling at the absurdity of this plot line. What next, the Love Doctor has to move into the DiMansion (egg-mommy would love it) because his apartment building's furnace went out and the landlord won't fix it until his rent-paying tenants chip in to cover the entire repair bill??

I hope Sonny shoots Chad in the head. Their storyline makes no sense from any angle - the feud is OVER, they are FRIENDS and have been for YEARS, and Sonny was (until November of last year) a GOOD businessman who was SUCCESSFUL. Suddenly, none of that is true anymore, and we get this lame plot.

I see the next generation of the DiMera/Kiriakis feud slowly rehashing between Chad and Sonny sometime in the future. Started between Stefano and Victor, which will end up with Chad and Sonny. Maybe once Sonny gets hurt enough by Will, hopefully dumping him he'll become just as cold as how Victor used to be. I feel Sonny is being just as smacked around and hurt as much as Nicole is.

His husband may start cheating on him and is being mean, mean, mean. Chad his best friend is most likely two timing him and will stab him in the back. Finding out Paul his ex was coming onto Will. Yeah, that can cause a guy to go sour and ruthless. That's what happened to Victor when he lost Caroline after their affair.

I was so pleased when Melanie came back but WOW they did not mature her one tiny bit, did they. What's with the pouty booboo faces all the time? They have her written like a ten year old teenie bopper.

Also what's with the dialogue of YEAH, NO all the time, can't this flake make up her mind? I also don't remember her being such a hot head in the past but maybe I've forgotten that part. She's such a cute little thing and as we saw with Gabi, she can be quite adult but the writers have her a brainless twit.

This is such a shame because she has extremely strong energy and could be a strong character if the writers scripted her as an adult with a bit of quirkiness. Melanie and Nicole as a team would be a positive pairing.

I wondered about the lease of the building too. Most landlords are responsible
in getting things fixed before someone moves in. I wonder who owns the
building and why did the construction crew keep finding problems. And
if roof damaged, why wouldn't the landlord's insurance cover part of the
cost?

JasonDiSpeech said:
Can someone explain why in the world SONNY would be responsible for the ROOF on a building he LEASES? That doesn't make much sense to me...??
A good contract lawyer.

Poirot said:
Any outside structural problems would be the problem for the OWNER, not the renter.
Not necessarily. Again, a good solid lease agreement could cover things such as this.

I really liked the mix of characters featured on today's show give or take a couple. It was mostly vets and the story actually moved. Everyday should be like this.

I definitely think Rafe is working undercover. The scene with Victor sealed it for me. Rafe was way too obvious about saying no to Victor in front of Jordan. And I still don't believe Roman would yell at Rafe.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Victor practically owning Salem today. Look at how many different characters he interacted with in this one episode. More please!

And I'll take Kayla any way I can get her. Even if she is just annoying Hope. I think it will pass quickly.

Melanie in plain clothes is rather odd but I think Kayla used to also be in plain clothes back when she was a nurse.

Your point further drives home my belief that high school or freshmen college student interns are behind these plots. Surely adult writers with a tiny bit of life experience and an ounce of common sense wouldn't put these non sensical plots on paper.

Junior-high Interns in Melanie's case. :rolleyes:

Back