Days of Our Lives - Wed., 5/13/15

Oh heck. An Amtrak train derailed here, causing a huge accident. The show was pre-empted and won't air until very early tomorrow morning (like 2:00 AM). Can anyone else watch the show and do the summary?

I'm working, so I couldn't pay 100% attention.

Kate visited Chad and they had a nice conversation. She offered her condolences and told him that she cares for him. She joked that she'd "get him back" for hiring Lucas to work against her. He laughed and said he was counting on it.

Hope and Rafe were chatting at Club TBD over an old case or something. Ciara was there and said something smart to Hope, who chastised her. Rafe said it wasn't right to pick up his bad habits (I didn't catch what Ciara said or how she picked it up from Rafe).

Hope went to Aiden's office. They talked and were kissing.

Ben went to Aiden's with Clyde. Ben wants to legally change his last name to Weston, which thrills Clyde. Ben later tells Rafe he's changing his last name. Rafe doesn't think it's a good idea and asks what Jordan thinks. Ben says he hasn't told her yet.

Marlena and Stefano are at the castle. She tells him she's sorry Kristen died, as she knows the pain of losing a child (was surprised at the reference to DJ). Stefano makes a threat and she tells him not to hurt Sami. He says he won't hurt the mother of his grandchildren (since when???). Then he says he's taking it out on her by pushing her out the window.

Will is talking to people in Poplar Bluff. He talks to Jeremiah, who isn't happy.

Melanie and Abby talk and Abby tells Mel how she went to see Chad and they ended up kissing.

Paul visits Sonny. They talk and he asks if he can hold Ari. Melanie and Abby come to the apartment and are stunned to see Paul there, holding Ari. They are even more stunned to find out that Paul is John's son and Brady's half-brother.

Paul came to the apartment of Sonny and Will. Sonny is on the phone talking to Will when Paul knocks on the door Will says I love you and Sonny says me too. Sonny has Ari and Paul says he came to see Will to clear the air since he has come to stay in Salem. Paul is holding Ari and she spills her milk on him. Paul takes off his shirt and Sonny looks as well as Ari. Sonny gets a clean shirt for Paul.

Later Melanie and Abby comes to visit being it is close to Ari's second birthday. Sonny opens the door for them and Melanie says hi to Will but is surprise to see Paul holding Ari. Paul says his father is John Black and Sonny says everyone knows him. They talk about Brady and Paul thinks Theresa is Brady's girlfriend when Abby says Melanie is. Paul leaves and Sonny and Abby talk. Sonny says it is not what it looks like and Abby says I know because you are committed to Will. Sonny on various occasions today states to Abby as well as Paul that he and Will are going to make their marriage work.

Will is in Poplar Bluff talking to a waitress. They are getting along and she ask will her name be in the article and Will says yes she is excited. When Will mentions Clyde Weston she gets nervous and leaves. Walks in Jeremiah and they talk. He asks Will to follow him.

Marlena is now in Italy again asking why is she brought back there. In walks Stefano and stating this is where you murdered Kristen. They go on and on and Marlena says she also has lost a child. Stefano says eye for an eye. Marlena says Sami is the mother of your grandchildren and Stefano says yes, but does not intend to harm her. It is Marlena who must die. As the show ends Stefano says give me one reason you should not die.

For others who watches help fill in the missed segments.

Ciara told Rafe that Hope and Aiden were broken up so Rafe sent Ciara to buy him some food item and Hope & Rafe discussed but I did not catch what was said. Ciara had said she was not allowed the food item but Rafe asked her to please go get one for him anyways. That was what the bad habits referred to. It was like a chocolate covered something he offered to buy Ciara and himself but Ciara said Hope said she should not eat them.
Do not know how Hope & Aiden ended up kissing in later scene.

Will and Sonny were on the phone with Sonny asking again for an explanation why Will changed his mind on this assignment. There was a knock at the door, Sonny thinks babysitter but no it is Paul. Got to go, Will says I love you, Sonny says Me too, not I love you too, just Me too.
Arriana spills chocolate milk or something on Paul's shirt so off it comes. Paul said he was there to see Will to clear the air. Sonny explains that he has not yet told Will that Paul will be/has returned.

Melanie and Abby decide to do some shopping for Arianna and then arrive at Sonny & Will's as explained above.

Aiden & Clyde had some kind of conversation but it did not have My full attention. Clyde asked about Aiden's son, saw a picture. Then I was distracted during the rest of their conversation.

Stefano said he would not hurt Sami but Marlena's kids no longer needed her.

That is about all I got. Hope it helps.

Wow, even with the really quick write up I can see how sweeps-worthy this episode is. Ollie wants to change his last name to Weston legally. What about changing your first name too, Ben or Ollie, or whatever it was before you showed up in Salem? Now if that isn't sweeps-worthy, I'm not sure what would qualify. :sarcasm:

Wasn't Ari born in February?? So in addition to SORAS birth dates change???

I saw some bits and pieces before I had to leave. Will in Poplar Bluff is talking to some woman, who is thrilled at the idea of being interviewed. Will pretends it is an article about the town, but then, when he asks about Clyde Weston, the woman's face changes, she has to get back to work, and leaves. Clyde is talking to Jeramiah on the phone, tells him to find Will (which has Jeremiah walking into the cafe where Will sits) and Clyde says....you know what to do. Jeremiah hangs up, says, yes, I know what to do.

LOL, that Ari spilled something on Paul's shirt, so he had to take it off. Yep, we do have to see those bare chests during sweeps. Sonny gave him another shirt to wear.

Hope comes to Aiden, apologizes for last night, then reminds him that there will probably be a lot of cases where they will be on opposite sides. She thinks they probably should just be friends. He agrees, puts out his hand to shake, they do, and then he says something about, oh, no, come here. Kiss. Don't know any more.

Stefano really appears to be slipping. He seems to have forgotten that the person he's planning to kill is his "Queen of the Night," and that Johnny and Sydney won't take it too well if they hear that Nono had Grandma Marlena tossed out of a window. Doing this would also incur the wrath of Sami, and as EJ once learned, it's really not a good idea to get her worked up. Recall that she once agreed to be part of Celeste's crazy plan to incinerate him at a cabin; shot him in the head; and probably worst of all, gave away his beloved race car. Elsewhere, it was interesting to see that Jeremiah has moved out from under the Salem Park bush, which he seemed to have lived under all winter. Perhaps, the bearded thug can convince Will of something that nobody else has, that he's really not a journalist, just a bratty little scribbler.

So Ben wants to reclaim his daddy's name, personally I think Ben Rogers is a more respectable sounding name than Ben Pondscum but to each his own I guess.

Initially I liked the idea of Will writing the article because his works tend to bring disaster to his subjects as I've mentioned before. But its clear that He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is going to make sure this is nothing but a puff piece and Will is going to buckle under to that pressure. And to be fair I can't blame Will for that with Arianna's safety at stake. But it also means it probably won't be until May sweeps of 2034 when that creep finally gets any thing close to his comeuppance. :angry:

I have a bad feeling Ben's past charges were assault......against a woman.....perhaps a ex girlfriend, or he forced himself onto in a jealous rage. Abby kept saying it's something Ben keep saying he would never do again like the mistake Clyde for raping Jordan.

Wonder if the person who may end up rescuing Marlena will end being Shane Donovan investigating the castle in Italy under ISA work. As soon as I heard ISA I first thought Shane may pop sometime later on eventually but just a speculation it could be anyone.

I have a bad feeling Ben's past charges were assault......against a woman.....perhaps a ex girlfriend, or he forced himself onto in a jealous rage. Abby kept saying it's something Ben keep saying he would never do again like the mistake Clyde for raping Jordan.
They already said what the charges were. It was something with gambling and steering people to bookies, or something like that.

Will is going to freak if someone tells him Paul was at his place. I like Paul was the one who went there to see Will to let him know he is back in Salem. Unfortunately I think Abby or Melanie is going to tell Will a half-baked version of it. Will naturally will become very paranoid.

edited to replace word - JS

Thanks to all who posted bits and pieces of the show :)

I'm surprised no one mentioned Mel's outfit. She's worn it before.

I enjoyed Paul and Mel talking about who's who in Salem. Mel
I'm the girlfriend. Dr Jonas is her dad.

The woman in the diner must know something about Clyde since
she left rather quickly. Let's hope Jeremiah won't be taking
Will to the "killing field". EJ's man is out there somewhere.

Was anyone not surprised Marlena's tea was drugged?

Stefan's man was trying to be funny when he told Marlena they probably
heard her all the way to Pisa

I thought was interesting Ben was already filling out a new W2 before his
name was legally changed. I'm sure it will take awhile. I wonder why he's
not taking back Ollie has a first name

Nice seeing Ari today. I wonder if she liked being passed around like
a football.

Thanks for the summaries, everyone. Sorry for all the issues, lol.
The show wasn't all that, yet again. Kind of filler material. Too bad--was looking forward to seeing Chad & Abigail again.

Back