Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 1, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Will is on the phone with his agent/publisher, but answers the doorbell , lets his dad in. Lucas hears Will's part of the conversation, Will is talking of needing to get more info, research but is a huge cover story. When he hangs up, Lucas warns him this is a bad idea, that Sonny won't be happy what he has been doing to get Paul out of town. Will is determined, mentions how Adrienne knew Sonny had proposed to Paul, which surprises Lucas... and Will leaves.

Abby comes to see Aunt Adrienne, show her the quotes she got from the internet, about her dad's book. When she mentions Chad sent them to her, Adrienne gets concerned, does some warning about the DiMeras, and when Abby admits she & Ben are going thru a rough patch, Adrienne guesses correctly that Chad is in the middle of it, and then reminds her that Chad hurt her before.

Stefano has called Chad, who notes that one of their divisions is already on the upswing, but Stefano tells him not to try and flatter him, it is not the DiMera way. Then asks about Abigail, and ahhh, it turns out that it was Stefano who planted the items on the internet. Some scheme that is concocted between Stefano & Chad. Stefano assures Chad that Abby will never find out it was him and not Chad.

Lota of activity in the square as Hope, Aiden, John, Marlena, are setting things up for the benefit. Rafe is at the club, talking to Sonny, asks about some problems with Will & Sonny, but Sonny claims they will work thru it all, will be fine. Rafe just hopes they realize that Arianna is affected by the tension at home, is already fussy ,out of sorts, etc. He tells Sonny not to think she is not affected by the tension, he learned that the hard way with Sydney. He leaves, then is helping at the benefit tables. Sonny arrives with the refreshments, Paul arrives. Everyone is jabbering, small talk, etc. John has taken Paul to sign autographs, Abby arrives with a box of stuff, Chad soon follows. Soon Will shows up, Marlena asks Will for his stop watch, Will says it is in his bag, she opens it, finds his tablet on top, open to the Paul article. She asks Will about it, he takes her over to the busy clearing and explains how it is leverage to make sure Paul leaves town. Will knows Paul is after his husband, yada, yada, yada. Marlena very firmly tells him this is wrong, that he really has no proof, but Will yaks about his mother lying to Paul. She now realizes he has threatened Tori, tells Will that is blackmail, and whatever his mother tells Paul, it is between them, not Will's concern. She is emphatic, shoves his tablet back in his hands and walks away.

Melanie and Theresa bump into each other in the hospital, Theresa starts reaming Melanie out, stay away from her, blah, blah. Mel mentions Clint, which riles Theresa, who doesn't want to hear his name.Mel mentions she knows Clint has gone. Theresa gets more riled up, how does Mel know, she is spying on her. Mel says she read the note, and Theresa is off again, accusing her of sneaking into her apt. Mel is trying to tell her she was so out of it, and Mel was trying to get her vitals (since when??). A lab tech comes along, asking Theresa if she could donate her rare blood type, Theresa goes off on him, he scurries away, and Theresa is back to getting on Mel's case, going on and on, not letting Mel say barely a word. Finally she walks away. Mel goes to see the lab tech, learns Theresa only donated for someone who was having surgery, that got cancelled. Mel figures the blood is still there. Nope, it was last fall, too old, probably thrown out, only the plasma remains.
And next we see NURSE Melanie, doing a Ewe seach on her laptop for "plasma".

At the benefit, Paul is talking about leaving tonight, has his flight and everything. Aiden mentions a client of his who wants to sponsor a baseball clinic for the kids on the weekend, he will pay for everything, and will also donate $50,000 if Paul appears. John is impressed, so is Paul, who finally agrees to stay a few more days.

Lucas has gone to see Adrienne, upset that she never mentioned knowing about Paul & Sonny. They argue a bit, each defending their own son, with Adrienne telling Lucas that she always thought Will got it from Sami, but maybe it is him. Lucas backs off, is contrite, talks of having failed his son, being a lousy example. Both are now sympathetic to the other's problems, Adrienne talking of how she knew Justin was cheating on her with Elsa from the lst day. It has been months and months now. She stands up, saying she knows how Lucas feels about the situation......he grabs her hand, she sits back down, he kisses her, she kisses back, and they are getting passionate.

Paul calls his mother, tells her about the delay. She pleads with him, telling him they have to leave, he can donate the money himself, but they have got to go. He wants her to call the airline, and hotel, and if she doesn't want to, he will get his agent to do so. No, she will take care of it.
She grabs her purse and leaves, going to the square, getting Will's attention, and telling him she has to talk to him NOW. He goes with her, John notices, gets a quizzical look.
At the clearing, Tori is telling Will how Paul got this request, wants to stay a couple more days, she has tried, but cannot convince him to leave. Will shows her the tablet with the mag cover on it, telling her if she does not get Paul out tonight...this will be published. She is staring at the tablet, when around the corner comes John, recognition in his voice, . Well, as I live and breathe, it is so good to see you. Tori is cornered, looks from one to the other, but John is smiling from ear to ear.

If Will is talking to Sonix about the article, doesn't that mean he plans to release it regardless of if Paul leaves town. Him saying that Adrienne probably wants Paul and Sonny together is just more of the same ridiculous nonsense to come out of his mouth in the last month. Adrienne has been nothing but supportive of their relationship since Christmas 2013. Yeah she initially objected to them getting married but that's because she didn't think they were ready.

Lucas rushing over to confront Adrienne about keeping Paul and Sonny's prior relationship a "secret" is DUMB DUMB DUMB. First, it's not Adrienne's responsibility to divulge the details of all of Sonny's past romances to Will or anyone else. Second, it's about time Lucas stop making excuses for his idiot son. Third, will Lucas decide he should leave Salem (if things go any further with Adrienne) so that she and Justin can fix their marriage since he seemed to go along with Will's idea to force Paul out of town.

Marlena should get hazard pay for having to deal with Will while Sami is on indefinite vacation in California.

Sonny and Paul aren't trying to be subtle at all :rotfl:I would've questioned Rafe's instincts had he not picked up on the obvious vibes flowing between those two.

John recognizes Tori! Cue Will looking like an idiot coming to a screen near you in 24 hours.

Cue Will looking like an idiot coming to a screen near you in 24 hours.

Actually, in my opinion, Will has been written to be an idiot for so long. But I agree, Will is going to be digging his way out of this one for a while.

It's sad. I so liked Will. And loved Will and Sonny. But this Will is just not likable and I'm not sure why it appears they've just taken the past 3 years of "Sami" and rewritten tiny bits of it to be Will.

Also, could it be more contrived to keep Paul in town?? I still maintain that there really isn't anything I can do as a mother of adult males to make them leave town should they not want to go. Who writes this garbage?

It may have been covered, but toddler Mel was daydreaming, which, of course, didn't matter, because there were no tests. Another one of today's dunces was, who else, Will, the self-proclaimed man of action. Apparently, this bold mover-and-shaker never bothers to close files on his computer when he quits writing. Elsewhere, Stefano appears to have too much time on his hands if he's concerning himself with Chad's manipulation of Ms. Perfect. Isn't there some company he can take over or some enemy who needs termination? Finally, speaking of termination, that just wasn't John coming around the corner to meet Will and Tori, it was the beginning of the end of the brat's plan to smear Paul.

Gotta tell ya, KatieR.....when I saw that NURSE having to Ewe search plasma.....I was eyerolling big time. MY mom was a nurse, and .......well, I think we have all talked with nurses at one time or another the past few years.
JS, that 6 week nursing program was actually done online...So perhaps, having no actual observing, classrooms, interactions with other students, doctors, professors, etc. is showing??????

Is Salem University Medical School capable of putting together an online course of study? Perhaps the curriculum consisted of short lectures by Dr. McScuffy at which attractive young women got extra credit for wearing short skirts and sitting in the front row. The remainder of the curriculum probably consisted of short workshops with Maxine that dealt with such common University Hospital problems as calming the patients while staff engages in loud, nasty arguments outside their rooms and convincing families that their loved ones will be fine despite being tended to by incompetents and quacks.

Don't forget she didn't want Sonny involved with the son of Sami Brady and her crazy life.

Oh, had only her advice been heeded!

Really loved Adrienne & Lucas apologising, feeling helpless, no exceptions (e.g., "I'm sorry BUT" garbage). Not crazy about them kissing but don't hate it either.

Will: Please, please, please, PLEASE go investigate that DiMera lake and drown.

Rafe is on to Paul/Sonny. I hope he keeps his cop skills long enough in order to get the full story before going ape on Sonny. I don't like Sonny looking longingly after Paul though.

Really contrived way to keep Paul in town. Gee, I wonder what they'll think of next?

And yet more Will confronting Tori. SNORE. Glad John interrupted. I am hoping snotboy's head explodes tomorrow, and everyone can move on. LOL

I'm not sure if I want Jeannie to kill Melanie, or Melanie to kill Jeannie T - I JUST WANT THIS TO END. (And I'll second, third, and fourth the idea that she's the lamest nurse in the world, and I've worked with some pretty lame ones!!)

LOVE the scenes of John & Aiden, John & Marlena, and Marlena & snotboy - oops, Will - despite her bizarre shirt! (Oddly enough, that would have been a touch overdressed in these parts today!!) I was hoping Marlena would remind Will about how his OWN paternity secrets hurt so many, but still was a killer scene!!

Will is driving me crazy. He is so whiny and self centered and "oh poor me!" now. Have to say I absolutely expected him to jump Sonny when Sonny said he went to see Paul. Very surprised he didn't. But the fact that he's talking to the magazine about this article - he will have to submit something. What a stupid leap though - he's a Dimera. I am expecting tomorrow for Will to just say "Oh my god, John is Paul's father!" He just doesn't care who he hurts anymore as long as he keeps his husband. Well, maybe you shouldn't have cheated on him then. He did say he needs to take responsibility, that it was all his fault. But what he says and what he does are two different things.

I hope Nicole does say adios to Dr. Dan. He told her what is going on with Jennifer is none of her business? It was none of his business either but he butted in anyway. I also hope the Serena story will wind up pretty quick and Eric will find out she's not near as perfect as he thinks.

Well we got Rafe two days in a row and it's not even my birthday! *that's in 12 days for anyone who might want to mark that on their calendars :)* As nice as it is to see him I hope he doesn't get too entangled with Will and Sonny's drama. I get that he's concerned for Arianna's emotional well-being which is as it should be especially since she can't have her mom around. But I just think there are better uses for him such as Victor's war against Clyde.

Of course I wouldn't complain if he got his own story but we all know that's just crazy talk.

It was interesting to see Paul and Sonny look at each the way they did.
Then we know Rafe saw it too. He mentioned to Sonny earlier about Ari fussing.

Lucas and Adrienne, no words.. Interesting they both talked about Will and Sonny and
how Will cheated. Just because Justin did, doesn't mean it's ok for Adrienne to do it :rolleyes:

I'm glad Marlena said what she did to Will.

Chad and Stefano. Interesting to learn Chad did the quotes that he gave Abby.
What is their big plan for her?

Nice conversation with John and Aiden and how he and Marlena have gotten to the other side.
Later we find out John knows Tori. Oh well, it's Salem something always has to come along to
cause problems.

Back