Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 2, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives'
Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Today, guests keep arriving at the Kiriakis, lots of milling around, small talk, chatter, and it all is just time filler. But..in Chicago, EJ listens to Carmel tell why he just is not going to issue a license to Marlena, because of a blind date he once had with Sami Brady. So he stays far away. EJ nicely asks, and Carmel says his friends fixed him up, he looked forward to lovely evening, Sami was just stunning, til she opned her mouth, and it went non-stop all night. He could not wait to get away, walked around all night, and found Brother Ralph, and this Living/Loving place. EJ thinks that as odd as it seems, Sami seems to be responsible for him finding his mission in life. Oooh, lightbulb moment for Carmel. LOL

Brady & Theresa fool around in bed a bit, and are NOT going to arrive together and shock the families. They get dressed, each leaves out the back way. Theresa manages to steal a picture frame and insert a different picture as her gift, then arrives by the front door.

The grooms are nervous, Marlena jittery that EJ won't succeed, Sami assuring her all will be well. Up in his room, an angry Gabi is accusing Sonny of doing something to Nick, but it turns out, he is on the phone with Ben, who is having a problem with a supplier named Nick. Gabi is embarrassed, apologizes, she & Sonny have a nice talk.

At the hospital, Nicole is there on a story, jabbers with Dan, who has his surgery. Later, he is done, all went well, she is too, they decide to not show up late at the wedding, go instead for some lunch, but he has to stop by at Jen's, she left a bag of JJ's old toys for Parker.

LIam overheard them talking, realizing no one is at Jen's house, hightails it over there, lets himself in with the extra key Jen has stashed in the potted plant. He opens her computer, sticks in a flashdrive. When Dan & Nicole arrive, he dives onto the floor in front of the sofa, as Dan runs upstairs for the bag, while Nicole is texting or something with her phone, but has taken a few steps into the living room.

Rafe & Jordan arrive, but he tells her first of going to see Ben, and telling him he won't allow Jordan to be hurt. She knows Ben would never do that, but thanks Rafe for being so caring.

Will & Tad have arrived, just as a panicky Marlena is telling Sami they have to tell the boys. Will overhears part of this, but Sami covers, explaining it away. However marlena is all read to tell all, when EJ bounds up, sorry he is late, had a few errands, and let's get this show on the road. Sami takes her son outside, as Adrienne goes upstairs with her son. Both moms are telling their boys how much they love them, how proud they are of them, how perfect they are.

JJ signals for the music to start, he & Tad start down the aisle. smiles everywhere. Gabi & Abby are on either side of Marlena. Sami & Will start down the aisle, everyone rises. Lucas has such a huge smile, everyone rises. When will is up there, here comes Adrienne & Sonny, the two men smiling at each other. Love when Adrienne winks at her husband. She gives her son a kiss, as Sami does the same to Will. The mothers take their places, and Marlena welcomes everyone to the union of Jackson Kiriakis and William Horton. The two guys stand facing each other, Sonny silently mouthing "I love you", and Will silently mouthing back, "I love you, too".

Sounds like a nice run-up to the wedding. That said, how could Marlena doubt that the always-resourceful EJ wouldn't come through? And he did, by putting a positive spin on Sami's notorious motormouth, which is probably the first time in history this has happened. As for Liam, he should have consulted with Dr. Chyka before sneaking into darling Jen's place to access her computer. He could have told him that no matter how clear the coast may seem, Nicole is always a threat to wander in and create complications.

Mel, I don't think Theresa stole the frame. I think she's giving Will and Sonny an old frame of hers as a gift, since it had Kim and Shane's picture in it.

I got to watch live today! The last 10 minutes triggered the waterworks for me. Sami telling Will he was the best thing she ever did and Adrienne upstairs fussing over Sonny were great scenes. Those mama's love their sons. And Will's wide-eyed amazement when Sonny appeared just about knocked me over. And don't get me started on the "I love you" they exchanged at the end. I can't wait to see this continue tomorrow because it's shaping up to be a beautiful event.

Good episode today. Lots of filler but tolerable filler.

I wonder what Liam is trying to get from Jen's computer. He seemed mesmerized by that photo of her and the kids. I saw a post on a blog that suggested Liam might be Peter Blake, Jen's crazy ex-husband who is Kristen's brother. That could explain the sudden infatuation. In any event, I don't think he will be caught tomorrow.

Nicole's dress was too short. Just like Gabi's. And it seems the coats have been put away until next Winter. :confused:

I fast forwarded Brady and Theresa but the bedroom looked different while they were in bed versus after the fact. I don't recall those turquoise walls.

The EJ scenes with Carmel were hysterical. I wonder if they taped that in one take.

I was glad Abby and JJ were on Sonny's side. Both Will and Sonny are their first cousins even though they seem closer to Will.

Loved the modern touch of JJ using a remote to start the music!

I was disappointed that they didn't show EJ's reaction to seeing Abigail so dressed up.

When Will was talking to Sami at the end, I couldn't help but think that Carrie and Austin were noticeably missing. They've had a big part in Will's life. I realize Christie Clark(Carrie) was probably 9 months pregnant when this was filmed but at least include Austin then. I would have preferred the budget be spent on them over the dude from the Church of Life and Energy.

I'm glad I had the tissues handy when watching the wedding prep scenes with Will and Sonny. Then the tears really started pouring down when Will watched Sonny walk down the aisle.

I have one weird observation about each of them walking down the aisle, though. Will was holding Sami's hand that was looped around his arm. Adrienne was barely holding Sonny's arm.

I laughed when Liam put the flash drive in the Jen's computer.
All I could think of was that flash drive we saw before.

EJ sure knows how to lemonade from lemons. He told
Carmel that it was because of Sami, that his life was changed.
Funny story Carmel told too :)

How strange was it to see Theresa take her parents picture
out of the frame so she would have a gift for Sonny and Will.

I can't wait for tomorrow. Hearing the vows, the speeches
and to finally see what is inside the boxes

I thought I would go ahead and start passing the tissue for tomorrow
cry tissue.gif

Back