Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr,. 20, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, April 20, 2016

An interesting turn of events at one point in time. Jade & Joey meet up in the private park area, she gets a text from her mom, seems daddy came home for lunch for the lst time in a century, and want her home for family time.

At the Johnson house, Steve is packing up his things, takes a pic of him, Kayla & Joey off the mantle, Kayla doesn't want him to take that, even tho it was of happier times, cuz Joey likes it. Was taken when Steve lst moved back, before Ava, etc. Kayla talks of Joey needing counseling, Steve agrees. Kayla leaves the room, Joey comes home, is not happy Steve is leaving, figures he is giving up. Nope, giving mom some space. they talk/argue a bit, Kayla comes out, Steve grabs his last box of stuff, hugs an unresponsive Joey, telling him to come see him in his new digs, tells Kayla he loves her, but she already knows that, gives her the hand sign for I love you, and leaves.

Joey goes back to the park, Jade returns, is all upset because her parents gave her a huge laundry list of all the ways she has screwed up, the bad things she has done, are talking boarding school. Joey moans a bit a his dad moving out again, Jade suggests they blow this town, take off, leave it all behind. Joey is hesitant, but Jade says it would show their parents what THEY (the parents) are doing wrong in the way they treat their kids.

Summer is remembering Maggie telling her about giving her away. She gets up, leaves her room. At the hospital, Theresa is stumbling around when Maggie questions what doesn't she know that Theresa knows...but finally tells Maggie, who immediately insists on Theresa getting a wheel chair for her, and taking her to see Victor.

Victor talks with Nicole, wanting her to take down Deimos. She cannot imagine how, or why. Victor mentions that Deimos is responsible for Maggie's condition, doesn't explain, how, says he would make it worth Nicole's while to work with him. He tells her to seduce Deimos, make him fall in love with her, marry him, and then take it all, to think about it. She leaves, wanders in the square area, thinking over what he said.

Summer arrives, sees Theresa wheeling Maggie to Vic's, is about to leave, Brady has spotted her, has her come with him back to the apartment, and gives her a good talking to, stop thinking of herself, what Maggie did to her, and think of what Maggie is going thru now, yada, yada.

Theresa wheels Maggie in, Vic glad to see her. She leaves them alone, Maggie gets to the point. Where do we go when we leave here, and why has Theresa invited us to stay with them. Victor hems and haws a bit, but ends up telling her the whole story. How he was blackmailed into turning everything over to Deimos, how he poisoned Maggie, and had the antidote, but only would give it if Vic gave him everything. Maggie is astounded, Victor gave everything he had to save her. They are really having a long talk. She realizes Deimos is cold, calculating, and probably was exactly the same when he seduced Helena. Now she is talking revenge. Victor is so surprised to hear that coming from her, the word revenge. But she is determined, asks if he is in. Victor claims that he did Deimos an injustice, Deimos paid him back for it, they are even. He is not going to lift a finger against him, Maggie can do what she wants.

Theresa wheels Maggie back, Summer comes in, they talk. (Theresa is gone). Summer gives Maggie back her red shoes charm, admits she stole it, explains how, says she has done this to other people, always something small, an impulse. Maggie is glad to have it back, they talk, decide to make a new start together.

Kayla is about to leave her house, Fynn stops by to check on her, comes in for iced tea, a chat. She assures him she is o.k. Small talk. She gets up to get him a refill, and passes out.

Victor looks at the box of Helena's things, puts the earring back in the box, holds the hankerchief, looking at it, then crushes it in his hand.

Thank you, Poirot. I'm looking forward to the Maggie and Victor scenes. I hope Maggie teams up with Theresa, Brady, and Justin for revenge. I hope Nicole enlists with them, too, because I don't want to see her with Deimos in any way, shape, or form.

I guess I'll continue to fast forward through anything with Summer or Jade. Those two annoy me to no end.

Okay, did Victor just actually play the "Do it for Daniel" card to convince Nicole to seduce Deimos? And is she really taking that claptrap seriously? I want to see Deimos get some kind of comeuppance but if that's how they are going to do it I am going have to say "No thank you."

It's episodes like today that are making me consider taking a sabbatical from the show. I'm just nott caring about any of it. I suppose I can wait and see what May sweeps has to offer but so far it doesn't seem very promising.

Wait, so Victor wants Nicole to seduce Deimos to get his stuff back... is that right? Its not up on YouTube yet, so I haven't seen the scenes. But that's how it reads on paper.

I think I need to refresh my memory on Nicole and Victor's marriage. If I remember correctly it was a mutual convenience thing, she killed someone and he covered, and he used her to annoy Kate? Was there ever any affection between them at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eventually there was. She does remind him today that he never mentioned her resemblance to Helena. Nicole was not going to do anything for Victor, until he told her that Deimos was responsible for Maggie's condition. She loves Maggie (and I completely missed a whole segment, I guess, because I did not hear Daniel's name mentioned) but told Vic that Deimos taking all Vic's assets was his problem, not hers. But when he told her about Maggie, that set her back a little.

I did not like Vic telling her to do what she does best, seduce the guy, etc. etc. But he figures that if Nicole married the guy, she could easily take him for everything he has.

Not sure about that. Don't like the idea one bit.

I really DID like Maggie vowing revenge, though.

I could get behind it if Nicole and Deimos have some kind of chemistry. I mean, Scheming Nicole is way, way better than Begging at the Alter of St Jonas Nicole, but it needs to have at least a little chemistry to make it work.

Hooray, Summer has given Maggie back her charm. Now she can leave town and put this absurd plot to rest. Over at the hospital, Victor seemed strangely passive. Using Nicole to seduce Deimos and then take his worldly goods is at best an uncertain and lengthy way to go about things. Victor was always the man of direct action. And why is he so reluctant to go legal? Justin was right yesterday about the legalities of the Deimos takeover, meaning that Victor could win everything back in an afternoon. After all, isn't crushing your opponent with a small army of shark-like lawyers the American way?

Last edited:
Troy, when I was watching the show, I wrote down Daniel card when Victor talked to Nicole :)

Oh my, Maggie is going toward the Dark Side because she wants revenge. Victor should have
told her Nicole might work for him. I was ok with Victor's plan with Nicole until
he said marry him.

Interesting to see Summer give back Maggie's charm. Will she give back the other things
she took?

Sad to see Steve move out. Lucky for Kayla, Fynn came back just in time to see her fall down.

I enjoyed the scene with Maggie and Victor when he explained why he signed all his
assets to Deimos. Then she touched his hand
:love:

what Maggie did to her
I'm so mad about this story I could vomit. I hate its changing history, and I hate that it's another "adoption is evil" soap trope BS load.

Maggie in revenge mode? What show am I watching? Sable Colby (Dynasty II: The Colbys) had a more stable characterisation, and her motivation was known to change in the middle of a sentence.

I wish Nicole could be doing this for any reason other than St Daniel's faux mommy.

I find Jade more interesting than Summer, Maggie, Deimos, and certainly Jeannie T/Brady.

Can tomorrow be an hourlong boinkfest featuring Rafe/Hope, Sami/EJ, and Kate/Deimos? It might be more tolerable.

As to Maggie and Victor's accomodations, she must have suffered a concussion and can't be thinking clearly. What kind of work could be done that would force them from living in the KIRIAKIS MANSION!?!? Wouldn't she have gotten wind of such a large project??

Victor's suggestion that Nicole make Deimos fall in love with her, and finally that she marry him was essentially asking her to prostitute herself for his generous payment. How totally insulting and demeaning of him to even make the suggestion. If he had asked her to work out a plan with him to bring down his brother, and explained why, I could have gotten behind Nicole coming up with her own methods to help Maggie with her revenge.

In fact, Maggie, Theresa and Nicole might be a wonderful team...not unlike Dolly Parton, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin in 9 to 5. They would no doubt be more clever in their planning, and less basically insulting and sexist and disrespectful as Victor's grand scheme. And, they would probably succeed, and with good humor as well.

susala, you're right about Victor and what he wants Nicole to do. We all know
that's a bad thing and Nicole wants to stay good because of Daniel.

For some reason, everyone in Salem lately are doing more things wrong and
several are out of a character.

The feud between Victor and Deimos is lacking balance, in my view... surprise, surprise. Because while Deimos did poison Maggie and is clearly not a good guy, this whole thing started because Victor lied to the police in Greece and was the reason why Deimos spent 30 years in prison. Yeah, I get that Deimos slept with Helena, but apparently, Helena was as much to blame as he was.

Plus, that is no excuse for Victor to make someone pay for a crime that not only they did not commit, but wasn't a crime period, as it was an accident. So while I want to root for Victor, since I've grown to love the old guy, it is hard to do so right now. I can't really root for either of the Kiriakis brothers at this time. Still, I can appreciate the storyline, except Nicole marrying Deimos and seducing him. I wanted better for Nicole, especially from her association with Victor in this revenge plot.

Victor has admitted he did his brother an injustice. At the time though, hot headed anger is what prevailed. Victor had the argument with Helena, was very angry, but her falling and hitting her head was an accident. Now she was gone, but Vic could only think payback for Deimos.
However, Maggie seems to have put her finger on it all.......that Deimos is cold, calculating, and was so back then. In other words, he purposely went after helena, knowing she was betrothed to his brother, and the day before the wedding? Wow.

O.K. He may have had a crush on the woman, and I agree, it was consensual on her part as well, thus young Vic calling her a whore. (in Greek).

To me, the thing is...it takes more than just looks to fall in love, so while Nicole might be able to seduce Deimos (if she decides to go that route) that doesn't mean "love/marriage".
Yep, I think Maggie, Nicole, with Theresa's input........plus Brady & Justin working whatever they intend.......would rather see that!!!

Back