Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 22, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, April 22, 2015

JJ is asleep, wakes up suddenly to find a naked Eve in bed with him, seems she changed her mind about him. He is having a fit, Paige walks in, is shocked, yelling, Eve grabs her clothes and leaves the room, Paige is railing at JJ......and before I go any further, it is all a terribly bad, but very long dream that JJ is having. He wakes up suddenly, beside himself at it all, mutters how Eve promised not to tell. Paige calls him, needs to see him now, it is important.

Jennifer stands in the living room near the mantle, wondering what is with Eve, why does she have the coat, and then deciding she has figured it out, and knows. She calls Eve, wants to talk to her, Eve has nothing to say, don't bother. But next thing, Jen is at Eve's door. Eve does her usual line of blarney, but Jen cuts her short. She thinks now that JJ & Paige are closer, Jen wants them all at her house for dinner, show the young couple all the support of their family. Eve refuses, she loathes JJ, blah, blah, blah. Jen wonders why, if she loathes JJ, she ever went to bed with him, and if she regretted it so much, why did she repeat it over and over. And why does she have the coat. She knows JJ wore it, Daniel got rid of it, and now Eve has it. She mentions Eve having feelings for JJ. Eve doesn't have to answer to Jen, tries to get her to leave, is unsuccessful, so runs out herself, telling Jen she can talk to the apt. walls.

Lots of filler today. Serena calls Xander, who is...where else? In the square. Actually, the club. She figured out a way to get the diamonds, Eric comes in, Xander hangs up. Chats with Eric, explaining how he is actually related to Daniel. Maggie comes in with a flat of plants, Xander realizes she is Uncle Vic's wife. They chatter, Eric takes the flat somewhere that Sonny said she could store it, so Maggie can babble about all the Alex's in the family. Justin's Alex, Alexander, and now Xander. She has to go tend to the community garden project, leaves, Daniel arrives. Greetings with Xander, and he compliments Xander on how he has turned his life around from his youth. Eric appears, what does that mean?

Earlier....Serena talks Maggie into going with her to let her in Daniel's apartment, so she can retrieve a book she needs (there are important notes in it). They go, she tells her to look in Melanie's room, she will look there. Maggie goes, Serena searches, Maggie comes out, sorry, have to leave, they need me at the Community Garden project, let yourself out, lock the door when you leave. Maggie departs, leaving the door open, of course.

JJ meets up with paige at the school. Seems Paige has used her babysitting money to get them a room for tonight at the Salem Inn. A bit of gushing on her part, but then she has time before class, wants to check the room out now. Off they go.

Theresa is on the plane with Clint, bubbling over about being so having, and talking of the places in Italy they will see. She is checking her e-mails, Clint doesn't want her to do that, she laughs about her boss wanting her back at work. Clint soft soaps her, suggesting they join the mile high club, she protests a bit, but what the heck, she goes first. Clint puts some gizmo into her phone to knock it out of commission. When both are back in their seats, and she finds her phone not working, he promises they will get it fixed when they land, or he will buy her a new one.

Daniel comes across Nicole on the phone with Miles, the stakeout did not work out, The senator's girlfriend never came out. She spent the entire night. She hangs up on Miles, sees Daniel, who offers to get her coffee. They chatter, she explains, he is pretty calm, his surgery got cancelled, offers lunch together. She wants to go home, clean up, change clothes. Will meet him in an hour. Fine.

Kristen has opened the door to Brady, and therein follows a long conversation, wherein Brady pretends his coming to see her in person was part of his 12 step program. He talks of what happened between them being not all her fault, his as well, even saying when he saw her in bed with Daniel, he was jealous. The nurse arrives, Kristen tells her she has company, to return later, tells Brady the nurse is for her, she has a medical condition, won't say what, it is private. More nonsense jabber, filler dialogue.

Melanie has finally gotten out of her cubbyhole, gets into the main cabin, and orders Lee to turn plane around. He is refusing, she threatens to jump from the plane, which will anger Mr. Black, especially if she dies. Next, she is in some really bushy, grassy area, trying to find the house. Along comes that nurse, Melanie babbles as usual, but gets across the address she is trying to find. The woman says "DiMeras"?, and then spits, but points up. Seems the castle is way up. atop a mountain. Mel ponders.

Serena has been having a terrible time getting the diamonds out of their hiding place in the fireplace, finally manages, however they spill out on the table. She is busily gathering them back up and into a little brown envelope, when Nicole walks in. "What are you doing here?"

Jennifer is chasing after Eve (in the square), grabs her arm, and says she is going to answer her. She again mentions Eve having feelings for her son. Eve looks beyond her, Jen turns, and there stands Paige & JJ.

Brady & Kristen have gone round and round, back and forth about their previous relationship, how it ended, etc.How she alerted Brady to the treacherous Theresa, and divulged it was not Brady to put his dad in a coma, etc. etc. He asks what she meant about taking a piece of him with her, when she left. Kristen claims she was talking of the love between them. Brady finally has had enough pussyfooting around. He has come there for one thing. He wants his child.

Now I will try not to get my hopes up that this year's MAY Sweeps are not like most Days Sweeps of the past, dull, boring and no story movement. If Paige and JJ heard the remark and move that story along, if Serena gets all but one of the diamonds and Nicole finds the missing one and moves that story along, then goodie, goodie.

JJ is asleep, wakes up suddenly to find a naked Eve in bed with him, seems she changed her mind about him. He is having a fit, Paige walks in, is shocked, yelling, Eve grabs her clothes and leaves the room, Paige is railing at JJ......and before I go any further, it is all a terribly bad, but very long dream that JJ is having.
If the Salem U. science department ever has a dream-study project, JJ should volunteer. He certainly has vivid, detailed nightmares. As for his mother, helicopter parent Jenny, she's completely slipped her gears -- chasing Eve from her apartment to the Town Square to so she can continue with her inane "confrontation." In a previous post, I suggested that Eve's theme song should be "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-haaa." This old hit would be equally suitable for Jen Jen. (Imagine the two of them in adjoining padded cells at Steve's old mental hospital.) Finally, JJ and Paige should really find somewhere besides the Salem Inn for their tryst. If desk-clerk Derrick is on duty there, it won't be long until the entire town knows about it.

Thanks for the summary! Sounds great! Hopefully JJ & Paige overheard everything in the Square so the big reveal can come! This storyline has been going on for far too long--what is it now, about to be 6 months since the first sex romp?

I'm also glad about the moving forward (hopefully) of the diamond storyline, and the embryo/fetus/baby thing. Looks like Sweeps might not be so bad after all.

I really, really loathe multiple-scene dream sequences. They're cheap, stupid, moronic, lazy writing only done by hacks who want to be fired. Was there a single shred of doubt in anyone's minds that the first two JJ/Eve/Paige scenes were a dream?

Melanie didn't die, so I cried. Even worse, she conned yet ANOTHER guy into not doing his job with her idiotic babble, and now she's tormenting provincial Italians. I hope someone takes a vendetta on her and carries it through.

Jeannie T has been in Salem too long. I really don't care if she comes back. Her actions make no sense whatsoever. Now she hates Anne? She needs to be fired and sent back to LA should she survive this misadventure.

Jennifer has become unhinged. I can only imagine Alice's reaction at the scene of her chasing Eve around town screaming about her son's love life. Somewhere Laura Spencer Horton is wondering "How is my child so crazy?"

Thanks for the summary! Sounds great! Hopefully JJ & Paige overheard everything in the Square so the big reveal can come! This storyline has been going on for far too long--what is it now, about to be 6 months since the first sex romp?
I'm also glad about the moving forward (hopefully) of the diamond storyline, and the embryo/fetus/baby thing. Looks like Sweeps might not be so bad after all.
The bad thing about this, DaysD, is it will break Jason's heart to have his dream couple broken up. :wink:

May sweeps ends before the Memorial Day weekend. Memorial Day is
May 25 this year. I read that on the internet.

I'm glad Serena got the diamonds. Will she be able to leave the apartment
with them? Maybe one will be left behind.

Today Theresa mentioned eating Gelato. They had an ad for Gelato ice cream
right after she said it.

I hope it won't be too much longer before Paige knows about JJ and her mom.
I'm tired of the flashbacks of JJ and Eve.

I found both yesterday's and today's kind of confusing because I kept thinking my NBC affiliate was switching back and forth between Days of our Lives and scenes from "The Perils of Penelope Pittstop" (a cartoon from my youth in the seventies) for some reason. And then I realized those were just Melanie's scenes. :) In retrospect I think I would have preferred the cartoon.

If Jennifer must constantly get in Eve's face could they at least argue about something interesting? In other words anything other then their kids or coats. I don't know I'm thinking elephants maybe, I mean that could be a fascinating topic right?

I fast forwarded everything except Brady/Kristen and the last 2-3 Melanie scenes.

Brady still has better chemistry with Kristen than he does with Melanie and Jeannie T combined. I can't stand Brady but I liked his approach to Kristen. And I have no idea what is supposed to happen next here.

So Melanie is walking around Italy empty handed? And the private jet flew from the Midwest US to a private airstrip in Italy with 1 pilot and was magically able to take off immediately without refueling or waiting for the wheels to cool off. Right.

This show can have 2 airplane sets but Hope nor Aiden still don't have a home set.

Is it even legal for large planes to fly with only one pilot? Re immediate take-offs, I think they were common for commercial airlines when landing in Vietnam during the war. The life raft scene was a joke. And then the door handle breaks?! :rolleyes:

Brady seems to have gotten a new brain!

My impression was that Brady was taking a private plane, not commercial - in which case, I don't believe the two pilot requirement applies. It's smart to do that, but I don't believe that it's required.

I'm really hating this round of Nicole and Dr Dan - he's telling her she's so beautiful, wants to date her, etc. Either stick with that, stop flying off the handle at every little thing, and give her the benefit of the doubt (I know you have trust issues, Daniel, but Nicole is not Chloe. Or Carly. Or anyone else you've dated/slept with/married whose name starts with C); or cut her loose, be committed to be friends, and let her find out who she really is. Preferably in some storyline that doesn't have a man in it for awhile, so we can see her be strong on her own two feet... and *then* give her someone worthy. Like Rafe.

The thing is......(hate these writers) Daniel & Niclle did make the date to meet at the Pub in an hour. So......why in heaven's name would Nicole go to his apartment?
Rather amazing that Nicole went in way less than an hour, Nicole went home, showered & changed clothes, fixed her hair, and still had "time to kill"??? Weird. O.K. So she did not take a shower (only put that in because I swear Salemites shower 3 times a day, lol, which is amazing since the writers live in CA which is undergoing this huge drought).
The writers, honestly, come up with the lamest excuses for a character to appear somewhere. Nicole & Daniel could have said to meet at his apt. ...

Thanks, Jason. I cannot even begin to comment on the dolt, Melanie, who for some reason, doesn't have her purse with her, which she did have on the plane. Guess she did not have to worry about a passport, huh? She leaves her purse on the plane? Phone, money, I.D. ??? And then goes creeping into a secret passageway, knowing that is the way Mandrake went, with no idea if he is in that room, around a corner in the passageway, etc. Grrrrrr.

My impression was that Brady was taking a private plane, not commercial - in which case, I don't believe the two pilot requirement applies. It's smart to do that, but I don't believe that it's required.

I'm really hating this round of Nicole and Dr Dan - he's telling her she's so beautiful, wants to date her, etc. Either stick with that, stop flying off the handle at every little thing, and give her the benefit of the doubt (I know you have trust issues, Daniel, but Nicole is not Chloe. Or Carly. Or anyone else you've dated/slept with/married whose name starts with C); or cut her loose, be committed to be friends, and let her find out who she really is. Preferably in some storyline that doesn't have a man in it for awhile, so we can see her be strong on her own two feet... and *then* give her someone worthy. Like Rafe.

From the Midwest US to Europe would be at least an 8 hour flight. There is no way any regulating body would allow a plane to fly that distance and over water for that long without 2 pilots in the flight deck. It would actually probably need 3 on board. And furthermore, I'm not even sure a plane the size of the one Brady was on would have that range. That's why you see a lot of tabloid mentions of celebrities on commercial flights traveling cross-country or overseas. Heck I flew to Vegas in November from NY and Chris Brown (the singer) was on my flight. I was also once on a cross-country flight with Molly Sims (the actress). Didn't see either one by the way.

To me Daniel has basically turned into Jennifer right before they broke up for good.

Back