Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr.23, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, April 23, 2014

We jump all over town today, lots of LITTLE conversations. JJ is changing the lightbulbs in Horton Square to the energy saving compact ones. Paige comes along to help, they are smiling at each other, he gets off soon, they make a date to catch a movie. Abby calls JJ, needs him at phone. He will be right back, leaves, along comes MaryBeth, Paige is telling her to get lost. MaryBeth is sorry for deleting that text, Paige is still angry, but then gets an e-mail that she has been accepted at Stanford. she is excited, goes to call her mom. JJ returns, has words with MaryBeth, who thinks he is a loser, and tells him about Paige going away to Stanford. When Paige returns, JJ is sulking, upset, and mentions about her leaving town in the fall, and why did she not tell him.

Nicole is in the park, mulling over her conversation with Liam's ex-wife. She needs to help Daniel, but without Liam exposing that pasted together shredded document. Eric comes along, tells her about the hearing for Daniel, again tells her what a good friend she is, yada, yada. He leaves, wants to see Brady. Nicole decides to call Liam's ex-wife again, and though the woman is reluctant, Nicole convinces her to talk to her about Liam, saying something about him doing to someone else what he did to her. Debra (her name) agrees to meet with Nicole.

At the hospital, Abby sees Daniel, learns he goes back on duty tomorrow, but no surgery for a month. She is happy for him, tells him she put the key to the Horton cabin in her mom's office. Brady comes along, more congrats and thank you to him. Abby goes home, calls JJ to come there. When he does, she wants her bike down from the rafters, she cannot get it. (this is sooooo lame!)

EJ is talking to Father about the picture and needing to find out who sent it. Gabi arrives, EJ gives her a new contract, for a new campaign. They talk a bit about Nick, EJ realizes she trusts Nick, but he doesn't. She says EJ was not involved, but he talks of how Gabi sent him to Smith Island to talk to Abigail, what is someone followed. Gabi shrugs it off, did not tell anyone, but later admits that Kate called looking for EJ and she told her he had gone to Smith Island. She leaves, EJ takes off to see Kate.

Sami is visiting Kate in Lucas's office, they talk over this Nick situation, Sami telling how Gabi has fallen for it all once again, how they would have been making whoopee if she had not happened to come over. Sami notes that when Nick talks, he states that Sami & Kate go to prison, never Gabi. Kate thinks if they go down, Gabi goes with them, but Sami reminds her that Nick is smart, has probably figured out how to keep Gabi out of it. Flashback time, they agree that tho Gabi helped toss Nick in the drink, once he came to, she wanted to help save him. Kate thinks it is too bad that Nick did not stay dead.

Sami has left, EJ arrives, playing his cat and mouse game with Kate, tossing the envelope on the desk, doing the round about conversation thing. Kate finally picks up the envelope to see what was inside, it is empty, she tells him whatever was in there, evidently has him worried, but EJ just smiles and leaves. He ponders.....if not Gabi, or Kate, then who?

Sami is meeting up with Gabi, trying to make nice. Gabi is not buying it, she knows Sami, and while she is sorry, and will be trying, she will find something else to rant about. (sorry, I got interrupted a couple of times, did not catch all this).

Brady is home, Eric is waiting for him, glad that all worked out well for Daniel. Brady is short and abrupt with him, Eric know this all stems from Kristen and what she did, not only to Eric, but to Brady as well. He wonders when this will end. Brady says maybe never.

Liam is in his room, putting in his earpiece, grinning from ear to ear...Showtime! Over to Daniel's apartment, where Jennifer has found the Dialude pill bottle, which has her name on it. She is shocked, calls the pharmacy, which claims the prescription is there, and can be refilled a few more times. Daniel arrives home, sees her upset, wonders why she is there. And therein follows these silences, beat around the bush statements back & forth. Liam is gleeful. Brady has arrived, they were going to talk over upcoming strategy, and surprised Jen wasn't at the hospital when they came out of the hearing. She had to do something, haltingly says she needed the key to the Horton cabin, which she left here this morning. Daniel makes up an excuse about calling Parker now, asks Brady if they can do this tomorrow. Sure. He leaves.
Daniel asks what is going on, Abby told him she brought the key to the office. Jen takes her time, (Liam smiling from ear to ear) as she holds up the pill bottle in front of a dumbfounded Daniel's face.

Nicole sits in a booth, and has about given up. She is getting up to leave, a woman's voice says, "don't go". I'm here. I'm Debra, Liam's ex-wife.

If Liam wasn't such a disgusting sicko, he could almost be pitied for his gleeful overconfidence. Anyone who has watched Days in recent years could have told him that Salem's golden surgeon could never be taken down or permanently knocked out. Similarly, he could also have been told that Ms. Priss could never succumb to his over-eager attentions and rush her sleeveless self to his side. Also living in a dream world is Tricky Nicky. He's been successfully defying the most powerful and/or ruthless people in Salem for far too long, and sooner or later his world of manipulations, lies, and smug self-confidence is going to come crashing down around his ears.

What an incredibly boring episode, Kate and Sami included.

I can't believe they hired Alicia Leigh Willis(Debra) to spend an entire episode on the other end of the phone. They could have gotten any Melissa Reeves(Jennifer) look alike to do that.

Fashion Note: Jennifer needs a better slip when wearing such a tight dress:eek:

I really hope this Liam story is going somewhere interesting.

I really like Sami and Kate in scenes together. The evolution of their relationship has been great. They're still snarky with each other but work well together for a common cause. There's a part of me that wishes EJ had been stupid enough to leave the photo in the envelope when he confronted Kate. The thing is, now Kate knows something has him rattled. Hahaha. I so do not care about this stupid Liam story. Get it over with already. Both Jennifer and Nicole look nice in that emerald green. Very pretty.

I did get a kick when Sami told kate she was going to make nice with Gabi, and Kate was going to give her some advice on how to "be good". And Sami retorted something about "are you honestly going to give me advice on how to deal with Gabi "..and how great (NOT) Kate was with her all the zillions of times Kate was involved with a son of Kate's. LOL Kate shot back that Sami could learn from Kate's mistakes.

I guess many didn't like the show because there aren't many posts.
I thought it was slow show.

The odd thing was that closed captioning put up "Liam's voice" when
we heard female person at pharmacy. I laughed. I kept wondering if he was doing
a fake voice or someone made a mistake :)

I hope Johnny, Allie or Sydney doesn't find the picture EJ left behind.

When Nicole was speaking with Eric in the park, her pupils looked dialated. Probably just her contact lenses. :rolleyes:

I'm so disappointed in Jennifer. She never should be falling for any of these super-obvious tricks, especially since Liam shows up every time one of these things happens. I am interested to see what Debra has to say about Liam. It's obvious he has a thing for blondes that turns into an obsession.

That makes sense, ktspirit. I still have to watch the rest of the show as I feel asleep at some point. Thanks for the summary so it holds me over.

One would never know that Jennifer was from a family of doctors. That's why if it wasn't a soap & stretch from reality I wouldn't be watching this drugging Daniel bit. Now with what ktspirit said some of it makes sense. She should know you don't get refills on Dilaudid. You have to get a written prescription each time. Plus the 800mg really should tip her off that something was shady.

I wish they would've had Liam slowly drugging Daniel over time & not just "Wham! Bam! Drink your OJ Dan!"

Kate & Sami were funny but I see I have more to catch up on them.

It's funny that no one is questioning why EJ is asking around so much about Horton Cabin. It's apparent that he's fishing for info.

Heck, EJ has asked different people, so why would they call each other to ask? Inasmuch as Kate is in cahoots with Sami, and is smarter than Sami & Gabi put together, she might get a clue, but she is too fixated (in my opinion) on Jordan's background.

I was under the impression Liam had something to disguise his voice and probably put his phone number on the prescription pill bottle. How else would Jen have reached him?

I thought that too since he was wearing the device, but they didn't show him actually talking with it. He was shown just after and I wasn't sure. It's funny if he did that

I am really tired of Daniel and Jennifer smelling like a rose and the forced travails that befall them, in order to make me root for them. Liam is as crazy as a coked-up Bedbug, but I actually root for SOMEONE to oust Daniel from Salem once and for all.

I really don't care about JJ and his girl troubles. As to the Horton Square going green, how about NO lightbulbs? It's never very dark there anyway, somehow.

Brady is such a moron. And what's up with drugging protein shakes on Days? Silly.

Back