Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 27, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wed., Apr. 27, 2016

Sex, lies, & TROUBLE for our Salemites today. Joey & Jade are in afterglow, it was "awesome", Jade thinks they should go out and clebrate their last night in Salem, & figures they should go crash the prom.

Deimos & Kate have a round or two of sex, she has signed over Basic Black to Titan, & is now CEO of it. Deimos figures she has taught him a few secrets of the bedroom, now to teach him secrets of big business. He thinks they will make Titan a powerhouse, she says it already is. More sex.

Hope & Rafe making out passionately on her sofa, she decides to take him upstairs, she is all for them having sex, but when on the bed, and making out somewhat, she cannot do it, talks of Aiden. Rafe agrees with her thoughts, says they should have their own room/bed, etc.

At the hospital, a nurse is massaging Maggie's legs, Summer arrives, learns this is to help the blood circulation, is shown up, so she can do it, too. And she does. She & Maggie talk about the giving Summer up for adoption, yada, yada, Maggie tells her about Mickey buying her the red shoes when she could not walk, and how she promised to wear them, dance the night away, & she did. And now that she has her charm back, it has to be a sign, she will dance again. Summer has an epiphany, that is why she is there, to see Maggie dance again.

Nicole is visiting Victor, has decided, after seeing Deimos, she wants to take him down. Deimos is mean, vicious, nasty, but Helena is his kryptonite, and she intends to use that, be his ghost of Helena. She wants Victor to tell her all about Helena, which he does. She & Vic have some great repartee', about their past together, both in good spirits. Justin arrives, having gotten an old album from the safety deposit box for Victor, who gives it to Nicole, all pics of Helena, etc. Justin in let in on the plan, is against it, wants to go legally against Deimos, Vic tells him they have no proof, and his way is faster, makes Justin promise hands off.

Deimos has woken up, and there is ghost Helena standing there, accusing him of betraying her, not really loving her (talking of Kate). He denies it, loves her. He wakes up, was a dream, dons a robe, goes downstairs. Kate follows, asks if he cannot sleep, then wants him to kiss her, show her how he really feels about her. He does, but she turns into Helena, they stare at one another. And ...yep, now Deimos awakens for real, rather upset with himself.

At the prom, Claire is a nervous wreck, worried about her song. Henry is all upbeat, she thanks him for helping her. Theo & Ciara are slow dancing, Mark watching them. The dance ends, the couple join Claire & Henry, Joey & Jade arrive, surprising the others. Theo & Joey go to get something to eat, Mark comes and asks Theo some stupid question. Theo only tells him he doesn't want any trouble, Mark leaves. Claire is called up to do her song, she does, seems a rather sad one , but everyone claps & cheers. Henry has videotaped it, put it on the internet, it will go viral. Jade takes Joey over to do something or other to the music system, I guess it was to ramp up the sound. Rock song gets played, kids are all cheering, jumping around. Song over, Mark has called someone to do something when he gives the signal.

Now prom king & queen get announced, Theo & Ciara. They go up to the stage, Announcer is doing some chatter, Mark gives the signal to whoever, and up on the big huge monitor come a series of very unflattering pics. (I think of Theo & Ciara), probably photo shopped. Everyone is mad, someone spots the smirking Mark, Ciara gets ticked, and the group is all staring at Mark. He is going to pay for this.

At the Pub, Rafe & Hope sit going over brochures for a weekend getaway for the two of them...she gets a call from Ciara, who is at the police station, she has been arrested. Hope & Rafe show up at the cop shop, in comes Judge McNair, who starts indignantly blathering about having to come there, in stead of being at home watchin Jimmy Fallon. He is ranting, Hope is asking a cop what happened, he mentions having to arrest "the 5 of them", for spray painting an obcenity on the Judge's Mercedes. The judge had let his son use the car to go to prom. Hope cannot imagine why they would do that, the judge calls Ciara a psychopath. Theo comes forward, telling the judge nothing is wrong with Ciara, that if he wants to know why, ask his dumba** son.

Nicole is leafing through that album, then is slipping out of her clothes, shoes, putting on a white peasant type blouse, and black skirt, plus earrings like Helena's. She slaps her hands onto her hips, as Victor described Helena did when she got mad. Nicole gives a huge sigh, looking in the mirror, She looks down at her engagment ring, twisting it a bit.

Deimos lays in bed, staring up, sort of just into space. Kate wakes, asks him what is it, is something wrong. And he is on her like gravy on mashed potatoes. Guess this will be Round 4 or 5.

Thank you, Poirot.

I hope Justin doesn't screw up Victor's and Nicole's plan.

You go, Theo! Yep, the judge needs to know what his son did starting with assaulting Ciara.

I can do without Jade and Joey together and Kate in bed with Deimos. Looks like the fast forward button will get a workout.

Mark gives the signal to whoever, and up on the big huge monitor come a series of very unflattering pics. (I think of Theo & Ciara), probably photo shopped.
They were real pictures, but had rude/crude comments on them. There was a picture of Theo with a nasty comment about his autism; a picture of Ciara and Chase and a rude comment about them being the perfect couple; and a picture of Ciara drinking while standing on the bar with a crude caption.
I thought there was not going to be a king & queen of the prom,
There was a comment about how they decided to do the prom king/queen after all, because it was such an 80's thing. Mark is in the background on his phone saying something like "of course I rigged the ballots".

I think Ciara said something about thinking they were not doing the king & queen thing any more, but someone said they did that in the 80s, so it got added back in.

Have to say, I felt like it was a 2 hr. show, kept looking at the clock. LOL Yes, it drags, at least some parts seemed so, to me. Definitely did not need Summer/Maggie. Vic/Nicole was fun to watch. Deimos/Kate....nahhh. Just could not get into Hope & Rafe trying to hit the sheets, was glad they decided not to go there.

Even the prom dragged...but glad the teens did not tear up the club. But spray painting a car? To get back at Mark? Give me a break.

wow.... just wow.... the oozing sexuality of this show today.... sounds so romantic.... so passionate..... so very worthy of Eye Bleach......
I can't even comment on the stupid teen nonsense.... beyond REALLY?? how long has it been since the writers were teens or are they too stuck in the 80's for dumb teen stories???

thank you for the warning Poirot.... I will watch the Nicole/Victor parts..... but nothing else seems all that and a bag of chips.....

Ciara, Joey and Jade are basically thugs who think they can do whatever they please or beat up whoever makes them mad. I have to chuckle about the actor playing Mark, he looks just like the 80s mean boy ( example the blonde guy in karate kid).

I hope Justin doesn't screw up Victor's and Nicole's plan.... I can do without Jade and Joey together and Kate in bed with Deimos. Looks like the fast forward button will get a workout.
Pity poor Justin with his sane and sensible method of disposing of Deimos. A more realistic bit of dialogue today would have been Justin making his pitch for legal action and Victor saying, "Yes, but my way makes for a much better plot." As for Kate-Deimos sharing a bed, when Victor finally reclaims his mansion, he's going to have to have the place fumigated. In fact, it's remarkable that the yellow roses in the living room haven't wilted because of their proximity to the unholy couple.
Ciara, Joey and Jade are basically thugs who think they can do whatever they please or beat up whoever makes them mad.
Of course they are. Joey's already gotten away with murdering Ava and kidnapping the pathetic Chase. And then there's parental example. Steve, Bo, and Hope have gotten away with felonies for years. A fine example they've set. On a more positive note, kudos to Arianne Zucker (Nicole) for her scene as the Greek-speaking Helena. The use of the Greek language was a rare and welcome touch of realism.

Last edited:
We shouldn't be surprised the picture of Ciara showed up on the screen. Everyone
at her party took pictures when she got drunk.

Will someone give Mark a sobriety test since he was drinking? And why weren't there
adults at the party or is that reason why the prom wasn't at school?

I wonder if it was Jade's idea to spray paint the car. She likes causing mischief.

Will the judge throw the book at Ciara and her friends (includes her niece Claire)?
He wasn't smart letting his son drive his expensive car to a party.

Why wasn't Theo arrested? Did the others spray paint the car without him?

I enjoyed Nicole and Victor's talk. Will their plan work and Nicole will get 30
per
cent of Victor's net worth?

The bedroom scenes were better than usual. We didn't see too much of that
rolling around in bed stuff.

Will Summer help Maggie enough to get her walking again? Something brother
Daniel usually did :)

I love Nicole asking for 40% of Victor's cashola in exchange for fleecing Deimos...though I hope she doesn't have to bed him.

Still firmly team Deimos, but we should have seen a scene like his Helena dream weeks ago. Like, before he poisoned Maggie.

Kate...please, leave town.

Great to see Justin again.

Mark is useless and oh good, his dad is a jerk. New love interest for Hope?

Still liking Nicole's post-Daniel wardrobe! :love: Hope her Helena-channeling doesn't mess it up! Her copying Helena's Greek clothing, hip-slapping, head-tilting would warn Deimos, unless she's going to appear as a ghost. :eek:

If the SPD is conducting a round-up of teen criminals, they might as well include Theo in the mix. He should be charged with assault/battery for his attack upon Mark. :rolleyes: Abe/Justin/Roman need to convene a family meeting to announce that there will be no more special treatment of connected criminals. Even though Salem appears to be within Chicago's sphere of influence, there is still some risk of a Justice Department investigation. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
With just an aside about proms, here the prom is at a ballroom venue, dinner is served, then the dance, not at the school.

The "After Prom party" is at the high school and it is a "lock-in" with games, raffles and lots of cool giveaways! One year they gave away a car!

Kids change out of their fancy attire into shorts etc, then you go to the school and once you go in you have to stay in. No entering, then going out to cars to drink etc and then come back in.

Most kids stayed all night, and the biggie prizes were at the end of the night/morning. It's all parent run and supervised.

Re: the above. That's the way responsible adults help keep bad things from happening prom night. Ours is planned, but the kids have to attend the after prom stuff for it to work. Some won't. Sometimes I think the writers were never kids. They write them so stupid.

My episode replayed at 1:37 am so I recorded and watched it this morning. All the teen stuff is stupid. That's about all I can say about it. Rafe and Hope. I had to fast forward some. But am I not remembering correctly. Didn't Hope make love to Bo in that room, in that bed the DAY after Aiden tried to kill her? (for which I am still grateful they did not make the over 50 Hope pregnant) I love how they are mentioning Aiden recently. Before it seemed like he just never existed. Still not feeling Hope/Rafe, hope it ends before they do the deed.

But am I not remembering correctly. Didn't Hope make love to Bo in that room, in that bed the DAY after Aiden tried to kill her?
You are correct. She and Aiden had sex in that bed right after the wedding, then Aiden tried to kill Hope, Bo rushed in and killed Aiden, then Hope was taken to the hospital, came home and she and Bo made love in the same bed. All within a handful of hours.

Back