Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 29, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, April 29, 2015

EPIC!!! Most of the episode just cannot be missed. Fasten your seat belts, it definitely is a bumpy ride (although some of it took a long detour, lol). Replay of closing scenes from yesterday. Paul's grandfather wants to show John the view from the Golden Gate Bridge, John is honored, they leave. Paul hears something, turns, asks what are you doing here. And Justin steps out of the bushes. Yes, folks, managed to find Paul in the park. He says, he is a Kiriakis, no sweat. Paul recognizes him from pictures Sonny had shown him, as Justin talks of lthem never having met. They have a long conversation, and while it is hard to figure out what Justin is up to, it is clear, he loves his son, knows Paul loves Sonny, too. and knows Sonny has a decision to make, whatever it is, he will respect it. (it does seem Justin wants Paul to return to Salem). John & grandfather return, intros are made, and now Justin learns that John is Paul's father. Now John learns that Will knew about John being Paul's father, but withheld the information, and that John still would not know if it was not for Sonny. Upshot, John wants Paul back in Salem, had already said he wanted Sonny with Will, but figures Sonny has to make the decisions, whatever they will be. He & Justin leave to give Paul & his grandfather some space to talk.

In Italy, Clint dumps Brady onto the floor, which starts Melanie babbling again. She just keeps on, Clint keeps pointing his gun at Brady, then her, but not shooting anyone. He keeps telling Mel to shut up or he is going to gag her. This only stops her for a few seconds, finally he gets exasperated, goes over to shoot her, but Brady has loosened his ropes, jumps up, and he & Clint get into a physical brawl. The gun went flying, Mel trying to reach it with her very high heels (did she really walk up that mountain road in those?), but she can't, Clint reaches it, knocks Brady out. Round 2 of Melanie babbling away (while working on HER ropes) as Clint sets Brady up against a wall. As he is about to shoot Brady, Mel is free, jumps up, and now is battling Clint. The toddler is no match for him, and soon his hands are around her throat, she is going down for the count, but now Brady jumps up, more battling with Clint for the gun, a shot rings out, Clint falls to the floor. Brady & Mel hug.....but then hear voices arguing and he jumps up, they have to get out of there.

Theresa has groggily come to, staggers over to the crib when she hears the crying baby, she caresses it's cheek. Mandrake comes in, he is surprised, he gave her enough stuff to knock out a horse, and here she is. he grabs her, she is falling, protesting, asking who he is. He is a doctor. She has a flashing back of getting the injection back when she was pregnant, realizes who Mandrake is, struggles, He has another needle, is trying to inject her again, she is fighting against it, and finally....pushes him enough so HE gets the needle instead, and down he goes. Melanie rushes in, is Theresa all right. Yes, Theresa is at the crib. Melanie tells her, that is your son.

At their apartment, Will is blathering away at Sonny about Paul, about his going to see him, about sending Marlena to Italy to try and keep Paul out of Salem. Sonny is appalled, and after a lot of effort, manages to tell Will that Paul is not in Italy, but San Francisco (showing him Victor's note) and that Sonny was talking to his father. Will is taken aback, asks a few questions which Sonny is hesitant to answer, but finally blurts out his father had an affair in Dubai, his mother knows, and had her own affair with Lucas. yes, Victor knows. Will is shocked, ashamed of all he has thought, and done. He asks Sonny what he can do, he just did not want to lose Sonny, was so desperate. And Sonny tells him to step back, stop being so controling, let Sonny see whoever he wants, just give him room to breathe. Will can do that. Sonny gets a text from his mom to come and get Ari, does Will want to come along. Will has to get hold of his gramma in Italy, and fix some stuff. Sonny leaves, Will opens his laptop, find an e-mail saying important info about Paul has come to light. Will replies to send it all to him, every bit. llllll

Rafe sits at a table, Hope & Ciara come by, a bit of talk about playing baseball, but Ciara has decided she is not going to play, is going to umpire. Rafe says there are no female umpires, Ciara says Title 9, she will be the first. LOL. She scampers off (now with a white backpack), Hope & Rafe kibbitz a bit, he asks about Weston investigation, she is mum, he says when she is ready to share, call him. If she needs him, or is in trouble, call him. Next, she is with Roman & Abe, talking of Clyde, and the murder of Wolensky. But Aiden comes up, that conversation ceases. Abe & Roman leave, Aiden sits, he is a bit concerned because he knows Hope overheard him talking to Clyde, and it was client privilege. She knows, is smiling, tells him he must suspect himself that Clyde may have had something to do with that murder. Then..hey, they both have these jobs, which will at times be in conflict. They just smile and kiss.

Back to Italy, where Kristen has opened the door to find Marlena there. Marlena wants to know where they are, Kristen accuses her of following them there. But eventually Marlena mentions John & Paul, Kristen has no idea what she is talking about, but wonders if she is looking for Ringo & George, too. (oh, that is the best line of the show! ) They are not here, no one but her. Then who was I supposed to have followed here. Kristen says her staff (LOL).Marlena thinks she used to be a much better liar. A maid is at the door, talking of the baby and the doctor. Kristen quickly shoos her away, and now Marlena asks what baby? Kristen says a girl from the village, needs medical attention, she is taking her. Nope, you said you were here alone, you are lying again. What baby, not yours, you cannot have children. Kristen starts ranting about Marlena rubbing it in. and just keeps talking a mile a minute about all she has endured because of Marlena. She pulls the gun, now is talking of ending marlena's life at last, something she should have done long ago. She rages about John, Brady, how they will all be gone, ended, they will be no more, as will Marlena. She tells her to back up, she doesn't want to get blood all over her carpet.

Marlena is taking a step or two back, Kristen ranting away. At one point Marlena tries to wrest the gun, did not work. Kristen keeps making her back up, near the window, talking of the water below being her final resting place. (This yelling is what Brady & Theresa heard downstairs). Kristen is still going on, Marlena grabs her arm, pushing the gun up in the air, Brady rushes in, yelling Kristen. Kristen is trying to get Marlena, but screams as she falls thru the window. Marlena looks down out the window.

She [Ciara] scampers off (now with a white backpack)
OMG, Pinky is gone?????

Dammit, Corday!! How dare you kill off Pinky during sweeps???!!

RIP Pinky, you were loved by many. Sigh.... Moment of silence.....

th

Mandrake is amazed Theresa up and walking given the amount of drugs he pumped in her. :rotfl:Just proves he doesn't know much about the former party girl and her dalliances with narcotics.

I think Justin's motives for going to Paul have everything to do with Lucas and Adrienne. He's a Kiriakis too as he reminded folks today when talking to Paul, and I could see him pushing Paul and Sonny together to get Sonny away from Will and Lucas. At this point, it's the only logical reasoning I have because Justin has always been the one telling Adrienne that Sonny is a grown up and to let him make his own decisions.

I like that Paul told John that Will knew he was his father and blackmailed his mother with the information. I wonder if John will approach Will about his underhanded tactics. One things for sure, it doesn't sound like hearing that put Justin on Team Will.

Ciara knows her rights under Title IX and I'm more in love with her. :rotfl:Hope and Rafe may need to read up LOL.

I still can't get over Marlena expecting to find John and Paul at that castle only to end up pushing Kristen out a window and down a mountain. :rotfl:

I do think the writing is leading towards Sonny choosing neither Will nor Paul. Paul said "Sonny could decide that he doesn't want either one of us." That's what I call FORESHADOWING!

I wanted to make this a separate post because I think it's very important LOL:

I agree with Aiden: HE IS NOT BO! LOLOL

There's only one Beauregard Brady! His comment though did make me wonder how much Hope talks about Bo for him to know about Bo and Hope's dual working/personal relationship :rotfl:

As I posted on twitter, today's episode was like Christmas in April!!! Every scene just had more and more vets! And we got a Rafe siting too! :love:

Marlena telling Kristen that she almost destroyed HER SONS and her marriage: LINE OF THE DAY. Now, can we get Brady to start calling her mom again, pretty please?

There really was no need for Melanie in the DiCastle scenes. They could have achieved the same impact with just Marlena, Brady and Jeannie T. I'm surprised Daniel didn't show up too.:rolleyes:

Pretty sure Kristen rolled down a hill and did NOT become shark bait.

Marlena's empty crossbody bag is just awkwardly placed. I'd rather have seen her walk in with a nice leather tote and then place it down on the couch. Yet another character suddenly in Europe with no luggage.

The Justin/John/Paul/grandfather stuff is boring and is moving too slowly. I'd rather have seen John rush to Italy to rescue Marlena and Brady.

The Hope and Aiden stuff is ok. I think Hope is going to go after Clyde with Rafe's help and not tell Aiden about it.

Now THIS was pretty sweeps worthy! Lots of action going on at the castle and then some lighter stuff going on in Salem and San Francisco but yet it was ALL must see and entertaining. This episode had some meat to it.

I LOVED the dialogue between Kristen and Marlena. I was rolling when Marlena said where are John and Paul and Kristen didn't know what the hell she was talking about and asked if she was looking for George and Ringo too! :rotfl:And then how Kristen said, "Move! I don't want your blood on the carpet!" LOLOLOL. There's a part of me that's ticked that John had no part of this story but I think it's fitting that Kristen's last scene (I assume) was with Marlena. Perhaps Marlena can just turn around, look at Brady, and say, "don't mind me, I was just taking the garbage out." :rotfl:I did find it stupid, yet funny, that Melanie declared Clint dead LITERALLY less than 5 seconds after Brady shot him. But I guess that's what her 30-day nursing degree is for. I'm glad Theresa was able to get away from Mandrake and finally come face to face with her son! Looking forward to more scenes tomorrow.

I'm glad that Sonny told Will about his mother and Lucas but Will still needs to shut his mouth with his over-reacting accusations at Sonny all the time re: Paul. Good grief! And of course 2 seconds after he has a somewhat heartfelt conversation with his husband about trying to work through things he's right back on the I'm-obsessed-with-Paul-Narita train! And HELLO can someone PLEASE check on Marlena?! Wow, so he knows she went to Italy and told Sonny about it and yet nobody cares.

Hope and Aiden are definitely more interesting now that there's a little bit of strife between them. You had to figure her being a detective and him being a defense attorney would eventually come to a head. I liked Aiden's comment about him not being Bo because it was funny. It does make you wonder if perhaps he's worried that Bo could return at some point to try to win Hope back. The comment makes me think he knows all about the history of the Bo and Hope love story. Hmmmm....foreshadowing?

I liked the conversation between Paul and Justin and agree with cryin4days re: Justin's motivations. It does have to be funny to run into someone else from Salem when you're thousands of miles away from there. I'm really glad that John is also being clued in to just how far Will was willing to go to keep the secret from him about Paul. I hope John rips Will a new one when he returns to Salem and I also hope this leads to John softening toward Marlena on the issue as well.

Just want you to know that everyone on today's show was excellent especially Kristen, Theresa, Melanie, Brady and Marlena and oh what the heck, Clint and Dr. Mandrake.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

I am glad this storyline has finally ended.

Boy they just really want us to hate Will now don't they? Beause I definitely do. He is the whiniest, connivingest little jerk ever now isn't he? One minute he's "Sonny I'm so sorry, I know I'm acting desperate, you deserve better". Next minute, "Dirt on Paul Narita. Hell yes, I want that! Send me everything you got!" I also love Will getting on the bad side of Clyde Weston. He's is just looking to get his butt kicked isn't he? "I'm not asking Mr. Weston." This was yesterday, but I watched it today and had to comment. :rotfl:

I am actually really glad that Brady and Theresa are going to get their baby. Should be good story going forward. I am surprised that it will wrap up so quickly. Not even exploring her stupid Daniel is the father story. I still don't understand why she didn't just make up a guy.

Loved Marlena and Kristen. Marlena says she's looking for John and Paul. John and Paul? Are ya looking for George and Ringo too? :rotfl:That was great!

Fantastic episode. One gripe, when Melanie was trying to get the gun, was the freakin chair nailed to the floor?? Why didn't she just tip it enough to reach it?? Not that I want Melanie with a gun. Yikes.

"Ding dong the wicked witch is dead! Which old witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding don the wicked witch is dead!" I know, I know that in all likelyhood Kristen will turn up alive and well at some point but for right now I just want to savor this moment. :)

In the X-Men comics *and movies* Wolverine's skeleton is laced with a metal called adamantium that is unbreakable. I'm bringing this up because I'm starting to think that Will's skull is comprised of a similarly indestructible substance because absolutely NOTHING anybody says seems able to penetrate it. If he does end up losing Sonny he truly will have only himself to blame for it. Of course he won't see it that way. :rolleyes:

Kristen and her cronies provided a good imitation of the gang who couldn't shoot straight. For starters, they were sadly deficient in their knot-tying skills and appeared unaware that they could have used duct tape. As for gang-member Clint, before his demise he threatened to do something that many Days viewers would like to see: gag Toddler Mel if she doesn't shut up. Speaking of gangs that can't shoot straight, Clyde would have gotten a good laugh over Hope, Roman, and Abe discussing him. These Three Stooges of law enforcement are the same group that's tried and failed for decades to "bring down" the DiMeras. Finally, Aiden better get a grip about Hope using anything she overhears when he'd talking with his client. The attorney-client privilege applies to the lawyer and his client. If Hope overhears something while she's at a location where she's lawfully allowed to be, anything she hears is fair game. Like Justin, Aiden ought to get himself an office if he expects his conversations with clients to stay confidential.

Today was a good show, with the final showdown between Kristen and Marlena, with Theresa battling Mandrake and Brady and Melanie taking on Clint. It was a fitting end for Kristen and her minions today. I loved the fact that as strange as it was that Marlena showed up in Italy, that she was the one in the final scene with Kristen. It ought to be good to see Brady and Theresa bonding over their baby, considering that they did not have months to prepare for their impending parenthood had Theresa carried her baby. I think Melanie came along just to irritate Clint. Her babbling alone is enough to drive anyone crazy. I'm surprised he did not gag her or inject her with whatever they were giving Theresa to keep her quiet.

After realizing that Marlena was sent (what he thought) on a wild goose chase to Italy, did Sami Jr. even attempt to contact her to inform her that she went to the wrong place? No, he was still determined to dig up dirt on Paul and was requesting more information on him :angry: . He always sounds so sincere with Sonny about fixing their marriage and telling him all sorts of lies while plotting and planning. Maybe Sonny runs into Victor and mentions something about Marlena going to Italy after getting the address from him. Victor will then know where Marlena went.

I never thought about the reason Justin showed up in San Francisco was because he does not want Sonny with Will because of Adrienne and Lucas's affair, but it makes sense. I like the fact that Paul told John about all of Sami Jr's shenanigans to get him out of town including blackmailing his mother to leave town. I hope John tells Will off for his behavior when he returns to Salem, for all the good it will do, since Will is determined to destroy Paul in Sonny's eyes.

Nice to see Rafe, but he was only on for a few minutes at the beginning with Hope and Ciara. I want him to start working with Hope so that we can see him more often.

WOW, amazing episode! Thanks for the summary.
The Hope stuff was nice because we got to see Roman, Rafe, and Abe. But otherwise, while good, it was the filler of the episode. Still, I'm glad she and Aiden straightened things out. Hopefully her and Rafe will make for a formidable duo in terms of dealing with Clyde.

SO tired of Will's bullying of Paul! My goodness, he didn't even call his grandmother to tell her she's in the wrong place! Instead, more dirt-digging on Paul despite what he told Sonny. Does Will really think that, after all these secrets have come out, that Sonny WON'T find out what he's doing? What a dunderhead! I feel bad for saying this, but I kind of hope that Paul returns to Salem and gives him a good beating! Oh, and I hope John gives him a good tongue-lashing as well! I kinda figured that Justin would be the surprise visitor that Paul got. Cryin', I think you're onto something about Justin's reasons for supporting Paul.

I loved the scenes at the villa today. Great acting! Hilarious lines! Yes, babbling Melanie was annoying, but we got to see Clint threaten to gag her! I wish more people told her that. And it's great that Clint the Creep is dead, Theresa is reunited with her baby, and that Kristen has met her (supposed) demise. SO glad that Marlena was inserted into this storyline instead of going to San Francisco. That part was well-written.

A Sweeps-worthy episode indeed.

Back