Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 5, 2017

Is the Pokemon thing still popular?.

According to a Forbes article in January, "Niantic Made Almost $1 Billion In 2016, So Why Is Pokémon GO Still So Lame?" many players have quit, however, when compared to other games, it still has a lot of players. In February, USA Today reported that due to some game updates, it was enjoying a surge is popularity. On Monday, BGR reported that 4 out of 5 players have quit the game. (I wasn't familiar with BGR, but according to them "BGR is a leading online destination for news and commentary focused on the mobile and consumer electronics markets.")

My brother still plays, but he does so for the same reason he started playing. He and my sister-in-law carpool. He has about an hour to kill after he gets off work, before she can pick him up. He's a security guard, so it's not like he can work on something at his desk, or goof off on the computer while he waits. He works in the River Market district, which means he's got a nice area to walk around in. However, he knows that when she calls to say she's leaving the office, he's got 20 minutes to get back to his so he's got to stay within a 20 minutes walk of his office. His route, however nice it is, gets kind of boring after a while. Working in an area with so many consumer based businesses means there are plenty of Poké Stops, so he plays Pokémon Go.

I think my oldest still plays. She's 23, and doesn't live at home any more. My youngest (age 14), who shares her sister's love of Pokémon, doesn't play because every time she opened it a new Wi-Fi zone, she had to start the game over again.

I still play Pokemon Go (I'm 45) and so does my husband (he's 58), and our youngest daughter (19) does too - daily. I'm not sure if our oldest daughter (21) still plays. I know she picked it up again when the second gen came in, but I doubt she's still playing daily.

Just read in Soap Opera Digest the actor playing Wyatt played a grown heaven version of Zack before. So she'll be dating her brother. That said, I hope he sticks around.

LOL, that was several years ago, and it was a dream sequence of Hope's. That said, Wyatt seems too good to be true.....so in soap opera fashion, and especially with the current writing regime, am betting that there is going to be problems of some kind.

It would also create a lot of grist that we don't typically see on a soap. Plus if the character still had mild issues because of the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, so much the more unique.

Imagine - they start hitting it off, then they learn of their shared history. It's too weird so they try just being friends, but that's awkward, so they try to stay apart. But they're not actually related at all, so they give it another go. But Hope gets too interfering, because she starts bonding with her former "son." It drives a wedge between Ciara and JT/Wyatt, then Ciara/Hope. I can't think of a storyline on soaps in recent years that has an origin like that.

I would have preferred that he was actually Zack who was stolen by Stefano and given up for adoption all those years ago. They can use the clone trope for the kid getting hit by the car and in the hospital.

But since this is Dena, this guy will probably be one dimensional and some type of abusive day player with no ramifications on any future story.

My other thought is could he be Chase Jennings with plastic surgery? Doubtful but not impossible.

Back