Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 8, 2015

Didn't Johnny Corelli bring Alexander back to Justin after he convinced Anjelica that the boy would be better off with his daddy? I think it might have been Johnny's one good deed (I did love Johnny though) :)

Justin & Adrienne have always mentioned the boys, and when they left, they had them all. The thing is....Sonny went to visit Alex. If the guy was using another variation of his name, evidently family isn't using it, and today makes the third "name" the same person is supposedly using.
But then, I will agree that many times immediate family may call a member by one name, business wise, the person uses another, and as J.S. noted, Victor could, like Stefano does making some names Italianized.....be using the Greek version.

All of Stefano's children were born of different mothers, and raised in different places, not together. So.....yes, Xander's accent is something unusual. But, we will learn soon won't we?

Somehow it makes perfect sense if he has been hiding his true family roots from all, that he added the accent. Will not Eric be surprised when he finds out the truth as to who Xander's family is. And poor Serena is not going to get rid him anytime soon. Uncle Vic though, is not gonna be happy as to what the boy has been up to.

Maybe the show is going avant-garde, and we're not to notice this?

Perhaps its an affectation? Like when prissy Americans spell colour with the 'u'?

I'll lay money that he was jostled between Anjelica & Justin/Adrienne, spent lots of time in boarding schools, the usual story, IF they bother to address it at all.

Let's remember that what was said on the show six months ago is fair game for revision by these writers. So just because we thought we knew where Alex/Alexandros/Xander may have been at a given time, does not make it true...anymore. (Oy the grammar leaps I have to make to explain this show.)

Tropical Breeze - heck, with Victor's dirty deals, maybe he's part of it? Maybe he's trying to liberate them for the US government? Or maybe the diamonds have fibre optic crystals in them that will help Titan somehow? :wink:

Did anybody notice that apparently Arianna was with a babysitter today on a day when apparently neither Sonny or Will were working? I'm assuming it was a sitter when Sonny didn't refer to the person he was talking to by name. My question is why? Why not say she was taking a nap? It's a small thing but it strikes me as really stupid.

I can't decide what makes a lamer macguffin, the elephant statue or Daniel's jacket. I guess it's a toss-up. For the record a "macguffin" is a term coined by Alfred Hitchcock that refers to an object in a story that everybody SEEMS to care about. It could be anything from a fortune in diamonds to the Ark of the Covenant. The more you know. Ba ba bum.

Theresa is a walking wound of neediness. As exasperating as I find her attitude every time she turns up on screen I can't help thinking "Will someone please get this woman some help?" I guess I'm a big softie that way.

Considering how well Victor is handling the news that Will cheated on Sonny, if he finds out that Adrienne cheated on Justin and that Xander has the hots for Nicole in the same week, it may just kill him.
Victor is tougher than that, and maybe he'll take his anger out on creepy Clyde. That thug he used to drag Will to the K-mansion looks up to the job. In fact, he looks as if he would have put the final bullet in Kate's main squeeze no matter how many people were in the vicinity.

Today was "Let anyone into your apartment day" in Salem. Seriously, could Daniel and Sonny not just kick Eve and Zoe out?????
This failure to throw the odious out has always been a major Salem failing. When slimy Zoe expressed pleasure about Will's adventure with Paul and called Marlena "granny," she should have been grabbed by the scruff of the neck and frog-marched out the door. Other notable moments today were Will calling the Spectator a "rag." What does kind of publication does he think Sonix is? And then there was Eve who this week has already been called a "monster," "Godzilla," and a "klepto" being told by Dr. McScruffy: "You really are pathetic." Congratulations, Eve. You have risen to the top of the Salem hate list. Even the much-abused Nicole and snarky, love-starved Jeannie T. don't attract this kind of verbal abuse.

I must say I was a little surprised at the ending with Xander and Victor. I didn't think these writers were that smart. Of course it could still turn out that Xander is not really Alexander Kiriakis but some other Kiriakis. I really didn't think they would go that route even though we hadn't seen Xander in scenes with Sonny, Victor, or Adrienne. But we have seen him several times at Club TBD and so I figured there was no way this guy is Alex if he's openly out and about town as Xander Cook. I just don't get the writers infatuation with trying to disguise identities like they did with Theresa too. One good thing if he is really Alex then he has some staying power and could actually be a good match for Nicole. Maybe he's working undercover to nail Serena. Fingers crossed.

I really wish I could have reached through the screen and punched Will in the face. How he has the gall to talk to his grandmother that way is infuriating. So she's supposed to keep a potentially huge life changing secret from her husband (are they married? Who cares same difference.....) all so that Will can feel a little better about himself regarding his troubled marriage which HE was the main culprit in destroying. Marlena needs to go straight to John and tell him her suspicions re: Paul. But I bet she won't. Sigh....

Wouldn't it be a nice twist if Sonny already knows that Xander is in Salem? Considering he supposedly went to visit him within the last month. I gotta say I am intrigued and impressed by this. If he is Alexander and I hope he is, kudos to the writers for nor saddling us with another long lost Dimera. Now we just need Philip back too.

I am wondering if Victor is in on whatever Xander is doing, especially given the $200,000 deposit.

Troy: I noticed the babysitter too. Especially since they didn't mention a name. I wonder if she is with Adrienne or Lucas.

Except he has been at Club TBD several times now. Just never when Sonny is there. That could just be a ploy by the writers to delay revealing his identity. How much do you want to bet Sonny will be there next time Xander shows up?

Have to agree with Marlena "What a *bleep*". I do not remember Zoe being that off the wall before. That was crazy how she went yelling through the apartment, calling Marlena granny. It was crazy. This story thing should be interesting. Stupid Will saying he had a major story when he wasn't sure he was gonna use it. And i love how now he says "it's Tori's secret" It was her secret before and he didn't care but now that it affects his family!! He is so annoying now.

Eric does not seem like a man devastated that he had to give up the priesthood. To keep not forgiving Nicole about the whole thing. Just doesn't seem that devastated. Hope Serena is done soon. I cannot wait for him to find out what she did and that he shouldn't have trusted her like who said? Oh, that's right - Nicole! Xander being a Kiriakis, that should be interesting too.

I absolutely wish that JJ would come clean with Paige and let the chips fall where they may. Especially do the right thing and tell her before they have sex. I doubt he will but he should.

Back