Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 13, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Good show. Replay of Salemites jabbering in the cop shop, Daniel bringing in Kristen, silence, staring. Kristen smirks, says she didn't expect so many to welcome her back to Salem. Everyone starts talking at once, yelling, accusing, Marlena going forward calling Kristen a despiscable.....but Sami pulls her away. It is bedlam. Hope yells for everyone to quiet down, this is a police station. Daniel tells a bit of being held hostage by Kristen in St. Louis, beat up by her thugs, but managing to get free, turn the tables on her, get her to Salem. Once again, everyone is yelling and talking at one time, Roman comes in, Hope gets a cop to take Kristen to her office, and tells everyone to SHUT UP.
She goes to her office, but Kristen wants only to see her lawyer. Hope goes back out, and informs the group that Kristen wants only to see her lawyer, naming the silent EJ, who has not said a word yet. Marlena wants so badly to have just a minute with Kristen. Roman eventually makes everyone leave, but keeps Eric behind to tell him he wants to hear about Rome, but later. Sami eavesdrops, chases after Eric, she wants to know now. He tells her they should leave there and naturally they go off to Horton Square, as that is such a private place. LOL

Meanwhile, EJ goes in to see Kristen, who is calm, snarky, making comments, but EJ is not saying a word. Hope leaves a guard at the door, telling the cop if EJ passes anything to her, arrest him. She leaves. More sly comments from Kristen, who needs EJ's help. He just listens, frown in place, and finally leans in, calling her a disgusting, psychopathic *****, and letting her know he is not going to help her.He tells her of being in this downward spiral ever since he kept his mouth shut about her drugging the priest, but she throws his romps with Abigail up as the reason. He insists no help, she reminds him they are family, & last time he lost Sami she got her back for him, and will do it again, he cannot be neutral, has to make a choice. Nope, EJ lets her know that Sami & his children are his family, and he is going to help them, Eric, Brady and anyone else to put her away for keeps. Hope returns, EJ leaves, Kristen smiles, now wants to make that phone call after all.

At the hospital, Anne is having a little talk with Theresa, who has just checked on John. She thinks Theresa signed those annulment papers a little too quickly, but now perhaps, Theresa can concentrate on seducing Daniel so Anne can watch Jen's head explode. Theresa is reluctant, cannot even get Dan to have dinner, suggests Anne try herself, that she noticed Daniel checking her out when she bent over to pick up a pencil. (O.K. everyone roll your eyes now.) Anne gets all intrigued with that idea, maybe it would work, tho Daniel needs a haircut badly, lololol, but those lips. Ooooh.

Brady has tossed and turned in bed, is sweating a bit, wakes up with the feeling that something is wrong, something has happened. He calls the hospital, his dad is still the same, decides to go out, leaves his phone behind. Thus, Sami, Marlena, etc. attempting to call him does not work. He goes to the park, has a couple fantasies about Kristen being there, but Theresa shows up. They exchange a bit of small talk, he apologizes for not getting the annulment papers to court....tis o.k. They can stay married one more day. He leaves.

Sami & Eric stop in the middle of Horton square, she doesn't even let him finish telling her why he won't be a priest, when Sami spots Nicole, and begins running off at the mouth at her. She goes on and on, Eric tries to stop her, but she keeps it up, blaming Nicole, calling names, until Eric finally shuts her up, letting her know it is his choice not to return to the priesthood. Nicole chimes in now with how much ERic hates Nicole, and it is that hate that is preventing him from returning. And now Nicole is on Sami's case about her husband getting Kristen off, and how she married the man who knew what Kristen was doing, kept quiet, and now will try and get her off. They go back and forth, Sami gets a call from home, has to rush back.

Abe has taken Daniel (who almost fainted at the cop shop) to the hospital to have him checked out, despite his claims he is fine. His rib cage is bandaged, he has gone for x-rays, when Jennifer arrives. She is all concerned, worried, but Daniel is clearly uncomfortable with her being here. He tries to get her to leave, but she talks of wanting to take him home, take care of him, etc. He mentions wanting to call parker, Melanie, and letting his mom know. She offers to do that, but Daniel gets testy, wants to contact his children himself. And his mom. She understands. Finally, he tells her that he does love her, but her opinion that he is someone who cannot.,,,the lab tech arrives with his results, wants to check his head again. Jen starts to leave, but stops in the doorway, looking at him.

Sami comes down the DiMera staircase, sits at the bottom, murmuring that she knew they would realize something was not right. EJ returns home, sees her, they exchange stares.

Marlena catches Brady going in the Kmansion, stops him, something has happened. Of course the show drags this out, as Marlena cannot just spit it out. No, Brady thinks it is is dad, no he is the same, no change. This is so hard to say, will just have to say it. Kristen is back. Brady is stunned.

The thing is, I don't understand Marlena's sudden cat-like response at wanting to rip Kristen apart at the sight at her. Before Kristen left town last November, Marlena had just confronted her in the Dimera living room and had a chance to actually shoot Kristen because of what she'd done to Eric, but she didn't. She unloaded the gun and after a few words with Kristen, walked out of the mansion.

Why now is she jumping at the bit to rip Kristen's hair out when she had a perfectly good opportunity to do it uninterrupted MONTHS ago. I'm just not buying her anger. Now Nicole's anger, I fully understand considering the last time she saw Kristen, she was trying to run Kristen off the road LOL.

EJ should be much more afraid of Kristen than Sami, in my opinion, but I understand him deciding not to help her since he's probably under the impression that it would put him a favorable position with Sami. I don't doubt for one second that if he didn't think he had a chance with Sami, he'd be planning Kristen's jail break before sunrise.

You missed two parts. One was Kristen threatening EJ, to make his life hell if he joined sides with the others to make her pay. And then, at the park after Brady leaves, Anne sits down with Theresa, they talk about Brady, Theresa insists it is over between her and him, but Anne doesn't think so. Not that important, but thought I'd just throw it in.

Very good episode. I LOVED Nicole giving it to Sami!! Whoa, those scenes made Sami look terrified, and made me applaud! I also loved Kristen telling EJ if he abandoned her that she would make him suffer. He'd better watch his back! Really, everything today was very good except for whiny Sami blaming Nicole for everything (but who's surprised at that) and the filler Theresa-Anne parts. While Anne had a funny line about Daniel's hairstyle, she came across as pathetic. Even Theresa looked like she was getting tired of her!

Jennifer's hair:
imgres
images

To me, Jennifer's bun reminds me of the crest on the back of the Pteranodon's head.

The thing is, I don't understand Marlena's sudden cat-like response at wanting to rip Kristen apart at the sight at her. Before Kristen left town last November, Marlena had just confronted her in the Dimera living room and had a chance to actually shoot Kristen because of what she'd done to Eric, but she didn't. She unloaded the gun and after a few words with Kristen, walked out of the mansion.

Why now is she jumping at the bit to rip Kristen's hair out when she had a perfectly good opportunity to do it uninterrupted MONTHS ago. I'm just not buying her anger. Now Nicole's anger, I fully understand considering the last time she saw Kristen, she was trying to run Kristen off the road LOL.

I think maybe its because of the recent attack on John. Marlena sees Brady's alcoholism and the resulting injury to John as a direct result of Kristen' s shenanigans and their effect on Brady, so she's much angrier now. Also, when she confronted Kristen at the mansion I think she was in doctor mode, doing what she had to so Kristen didn't kill herself, rather than Mama Bear mode,

Delusions were on full display in Salem today. First, there was Kristen who seemed blithely unaware that DiMera power has crumbled and that EJ has nothing left to lose. Then there was Sami who continues to run her mouth, apparently unaware that nobody cares what she thinks or says. Finally, there was Anne Milbauer giving the brat girl various useless advice and briefly entertaining that the idea that she'd have a chance with Dr. McScruffy. Get real, Anne, you may have been the queen of the Highland Park, IL, stage, but you've never been a Feely-Gropey patient.

On the legal front, Super Jonas seemed unduly pessimistic about the St. Louis P.D. making a case against Kristen for kidnapping him. Her two thugs seemed unable to count to three without help, much less wipe the hotel room clean. There would also be DNA and fingerprint evidence in the storage room and laundry truck that would help corroborate McScruffy's story. Everyone also seems too optimistic about the case against Kristen.

Eric has no first-hand knowledge of who drugged him, so the whole case swings on the validity of the Chyka papers, which have a tainted chain of possession indeed. And if Nicole testified about them, Kristen's attorney would not only attack her story, but also bring up all her past misdeeds and establish that Ms. Walker's reputation in Salem for telling the truth is rather poor at best.

Sami needs to use that restraining order, and get EJ out of the mansion. Then Sami and Kate need to finish destroying the Dimeras. When that's over Sami, should pack up her children, leave Salem, and never look back.

Kristen did not help EJ get Sami. Chad did that when he ruined Nick and Gabi's first wedding. If not for that, Sami and Rafe would be happily married, and her children would have a happy family instead of the horror show they are now involved in.

Kristen drugged and raped Eric, and she should go to prison. However, Brady and EJ trashed their own lives. That is not Kristen's fault.

"The biggest mistake I ever made," doesn't EJ say that every six months are so, and then do the same thing again. Sami and the children are EJ's family? Really since when? They weren't EJ's family when he lied for Kristen. They weren't EJ's priority when he was cheating on Sami. Please let Sami shoot EJ in the head again.

OMG what a show. So much stuff going on.

I think if Marlena had a chance, she would have slapped Kristen.
I loved Daniel's short version of what happened.

Nice to see Roman on today.

I guess this is the end of Daniel and Jen. or is it.

I loved Theresa telling Anne she should date Daniel. Then
Anne said Daniel needs a hair cut badly :)

I'm glad EJ told Kristen off, but what will Kristen do to him.
Kristen does know what Kate and Sami did with the takeover.
Should Kate and Sami be more afraid of Kristen or Stefano?

Interesting to learn Brady hasn't file the annulment papers
yet. Will he or won't he?

I liked that the episode had a nice pace.

I love Anne and her snark about Daniel needing to comb/cut his hair. I wish she wasn't just used for comic antagonism but love seeing her anyway.

I love worried Jeannie Theresa and I'd like to see her on the road to redemption. But I have no hope for her.

Kristen still looks great despite her travails. EJ is clueless but then again Sami is dumber than an empty box of rocks....

NICOLE wins the episode today. I hope she plays a part in taking Sami down a peg. I don't care how implausible it is. I want her to destroy the screeching twinlet.

Okay, I know I'm not a legal person, but...if EJ being an attorney has been arrested and awaiting trial for his tax evasion, wouldn't the bar have suspended his license? Even though he refused to be Kristen's attorney, I don't think he even had any way of being one right now. Maybe someone else on here knows the answer to that. OH BUT WAIT...this is Salem and anything goes...not sure how I keep forgetting this.
:confused:

Although the print in Jennifer's dress reminded me of a Rorschach test, I actually liked it. However, if she had had a dinosaur tooth necklace on, she would have put me in mind of Wilma Flintstone with that bun.

It looks like the Salem PD forgot all about the purse snatcher after Kristen and Daniel showed up. They not only let the witnesses go without making statements, Hope ordered them out. I guess they can't handle more than one case at a time and even that's a strain on the department.

I understand why Hope posted a guard inside her office when EJ went to speak to Kristen but, unless I'm mistaken, an attorney is supposed to be able to talk with his/her client privately. I know Hope's reasoning was that EJ might "hand her" something, but it was still the wrong thing to do. Kristen could have been searched before she was booked. It will probably be all for naught anyway because I have a feeling that she will "beat the rap."

We've seen Brady go deeper and deeper into booze and drugs for the better part of a year (again) yet, when he goes "on the wagon," he does it instantly with no medication nor help from anyone. He should have DT's and all the other demons associated with withdrawal, or at least mention that he is having them. A meeting once in a blue moon just doesn't cut it.

Couldn't Brady have sent the annulment papers to the courthouse by one of his flunkies? I have always thought this annulment is happening too fast and without complications. I guess we have to wait until Theresa's pregnancy (speculation) is announced so Brady can "do the right thing."

Sorry, folks, I didn't mean to write a novel. I had my yearly colonoscopy (normal) today and I guess the Michael Jackson happy juice is still working on me. :)

I thought the same thing about EJ being Kristen's attorney. Would he really be able to do that considering he's currently on bail and facing his own charges? Only in Salem.

I had to laugh at Marlena saying she only needed 2 minutes, no perhaps 1, with Kristen. LOL. Everyone offered to go in and interrogate her. Ha! I can't believe it took the whole episode for Brady to find out about Kristen. Good grief.

Good for you Daniel! Keep it up, dude! PLEASE keep telling Jennifer it's OVER!

I thought the same thing about EJ being Kristen's attorney. Would he really be able to do that considering he's currently on bail and facing his own charges? Only in Salem.
Sorry, but just being charged won't do the trick. EJ will have to be convicted for his tax evasion to get him suspended or disbarred. That said, EJ's name should have been stricken from the roster of attorneys long ago. His unethical conduct during the Sami trial should have gotten him disbarred. (In fact, if Justin had concrete proof of these actions, as an attorney he had an obligation to report it.) He could have suffered the same fate for any or all of the unethical or illegal stunts that he's pulled over the years, which clearly adversely reflected on his fitness as a lawyer.

Wait a minute---wouldn't Daniel need to keep his hair shorter anyways? I thought surgeons were supposed to for sanitary reasons (no risk of hair falling into an open wound, etc).

I'm sure he has a special hair net he wears!! Even the guys in the local supermarket are wearing those.

Best episode we've had in 2-3 weeks.

There was also another missing scene after Sami left the Square. Eric tried to leave too and Nicole stopped him and questioned him a little. I had trouble understanding Eric but I thought he said something to the effect of he still would have loved Nicole had Kristen not done what she did to him. Did anyone else catch that? Greg Vaughan (Eric) was mumbling and I didn't have time to rewatch.

I wonder what Kristen will do to EJ. I still think there is a lot of double crossing going on right now between Kristen, Stefano and maybe even Kate.

Daniel needs to get over himself. I hope Nicole brings him down a notch or 2. And he has more wounds from Kristen than he does from a gunshot? :rolleyes:

I didn't understand why Brady looked so feverish? I know in yesterday's episode Maxine told him to rest because he couldn't help his father if he was sick. Did he say he was sick? Sorry this has been a busy week and I haven't been playing close attention.

I hope Kristen is moved to the jail cell tomorrow so she can finally take off that hideous dress!

I had to roll my eyes when at the police station, Daniel told Eric "sorry it took me so long to get her" or something to that effect. They really need to give Daniel a superman costume to wear. He could rip off his scrubs and strike a pose in his Supppperrrrr Dannnnnnnn costume!

Back