Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 2, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of our Lives
Wednesday, Aug. 2, 2017

Sorry, I missed the first 15 minutes........but.......John is talking with Kate, cannot find Marlena. Kate talks of how he was gone for so long, returned for a couple minutes, did not even unpack the suitcase and was gone again. Maybe Marlena was a bit upset. He abruptly leaves, figuring she was not the person he should be visiting.

Hattie is talking with Anjelica, is telling of being with Marlena, hearing John's voice, and skedaddling. She has Marlena in the trunk of her car. We see marlena come to, in a small dark place, not knowing where she is. Hattie begins jabbering away at getting Mr. Roman, Anj getting Mr. Dimples, maybe double dating, but first gal's day, lunch, manicure, girl talk. Anjelica stops her rambling, tells her to focus on their goal, stop calling her Anj, it is Anjelica, and here are some forms for her to take with her and her trunk contents.

Justin & Adrienne are with Sonny, Justin assuring Sonny he will get him out, even tho Sonny protests that he confessed. Justin is sure he can get that thrown out. Adrienne is upbeat, telling Sonny not to worry about her. Sonny says the lead Paul had did not work out. Guard comes in, time is up, they both leave.

At the hospital, Andre is with Chad, evidently learning abut Abby from Kate. He wants to talk to Chad privately, Chad declines, Andre insists it is important, he has something to tell him without his former wardrobe adviser there. Gabi nods it is o.k. Chad & Andre go off to talk, and tho it takes him a bit of beat around the bush, Andre tells Chad about the picture Dario had, showed to Abby, of Chad next to Deimos's body, wiping fingerprints, & how he blackmailed Abby. (Chad evidently already was told by Gabi about them marrying only for the green card). Chad insists he did not kill Deimos, he would have remembered, Andre points out he remembered nothing so he could have.

Chad insists he has to go to police, get Sonny off the hook, Andre prevents him, there is absolutely NO shred of proof. Now Andre explains about getting Theo to help deleted the pic from all the devices and the phone, how Abby was only stalling Dario til they could get it done. Chad is distraught, she said she was doing it to protect me, I did not understand, now I do.

Elsewhere in the hospital, Lani & Lucas arrive. Lani is hugging JJ, while Jen comes home, so happy to see Lucas, big time hugs. Abby still in surgery. Lots of small talk between JJ/Lani, same for Lucas & Jen. She says he did not have to come, but he insists he is her brother, where else would he be. She says they may not be the conventional siblings, but she is sure glad he is there, then asks about Adrienne. He has heard from her, she has seen Sonny, and is now going to Jen's house, Lucas will meet her, they will pick up some clothes for Jen who is staying the night. Lani leaves to return to the station, see if any leads on the hit & run driver or Dario.

Hattie is evidently at Bayview Sanitarium, Marlena is mostly unconscious, Hattie tells the director this is Hattie Adams, been a patient of mine for several years, just got out of prison, is not doing well. The director comments on how they look alike, Hattie goes on about "Hattie" there was always so jealous, wanted to be me, even underwent the knife to increase the similarities. Don't be surprised if she insists she is me, yes, she can get violent, it why I have her sedated, you might even need to put her in restraints.

Justin & Adrienne sit on a bench, talking of Sonny. She gets up to leave, has to go to Jen's, get her some clothes. She leaves, and bingo, there is Anjelica. Justin thought she was gone, no, she has business, in fact she is going to stay in Salem now. He says she should go back to NY, no, no. She says something about having it in for Adrienne because of Alex, but she discarded that, not a thing for her anymore, she is with Lucas, hopes she is happy. Meanwhile, Anjelica thinks perhaps she & Justin can see one another. He says no, he is not available.

Chad talks to Andre how Abby saved his life, pushed him out of the way, then got hit by the car, and now could lose her own life. Andre says it show how Abby still loves Chad, Still loves him, and he loves her as well. Chad cries on Andre's shoulder. Gabi comes in, Abby is out of surgery.

Hattie meets up with Anjelica. The deed is done. John is in the square, calling Marlena, Hattie has the phone, is about to answer, saying to Anjelica that she is going to dump John. Nope, Anjelica won't let her answer......let John stew a while longer.

Marlena comes to, is in a strait jacket, squirming, calling John's name to help her.

So Paul told Sonny that the lead didn't pan out. I wish we could have seen that conversation. It would have added depth. Paul hesitating telling him the truth, then tells him the lead didn't pan out. Then he looks torn, guilty.

That "lead" was Xander.........And since John & Paul viewed all the footage from the security cameras, which showed Xander to be there in the prison in Greece during the time Deimos was killed...........red herring.

Thank you, Poirot.

Too much Anjelica and Hattie for me today.

The Chad and Chad/Andre scenes sound good. I hope Days continues to "reform" Andre. I like when he seems to be a loving big brother to Chad. I still don't trust him completely. He may have ulterior motives.

Just send Gabi to be with her daughter, and get her out of the hospital.

Poor John. The nut case is about to descend on you.

I guess Hattie has an old car, because I thought all newer models have an emergency release handle in the trunk in case someone would get locked in. Marlena should've been able to pop the trunk and escape.

I think it's funny that Hattie is calling Marlena "Dr. Poo-Poo".

I truly want to know why Kate is so gung ho for Gabi (while telling Chad she wants him to be happy) that she is continually brainwashing the girl to go after Chad! What is in it for Kate?

Andre seem to genuinely like Abby a lot, and again, it makes me wonder why. Is it because he knows Chad did so much for Abby, saving her from that maniac, knows Chad loves her, so has done what he could for Abby because he cares about his brother.

Or has Stefano told him something long ago, that makes him want to be on Abby's good side. Andre did help her when she ran away from the sanitarium, and got her with family. Well, now a different writing team, so whatever the motivations originally were, probably will be something else now.

Today's episode was awesome and quite entertaining! Great job. At least there wasn't a dull moment in this episode pf Days. The way Hattie was trying to be a gal pal to "Anj" but gets quickly rejected and told it's "Anjelica" was rather comedic LOL!

After today's episode, I think Gabi is starting to see that Chad's love for Abby is much stronger than hers, but also that made me happy Gabi told Chad about Abby's marriage to Dario was a sham. On the flip side, there was a brief moment between Gabi and JJ.

And what is Days of Our Lives without Marlena getting kidnapped? LOL! I guess it was Ron Carlivati's turn to have to write a classic Marlena gets kidnapped story. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much Anjelica and Hattie for me today.

Same here though I liked Marlena's "Hattie-ized" wardrobe better than her usual one.

Of course it makes logical sense for John Black, ISA Agent and former cop, to go to Kate first when he's looking for Marlena. It's not like Marlena has children, grandchildren or co-workers in Salem. :rolleyes:

I did think it was funny when Anjelica told Hattie to recharge her Marlena batteries for the night.:)

LOVED that Lucas went to the hospital today. I still wish Adrienne and Steve could have been there too but we got a logical explanation for Adrienne so I'll take it. I really want to see Steve as a father figure for Abby and JJ. Huge missed opportunity for the past 2 years.

Other than that, the hospital stuff continues to impress. Ron is definitely at the helm now because we are getting a lot of quick and sudden story turns. Hence Gabi and Andre fussing up to Chad today. I did like the Chad/Andre scenes but continue to find the relationship awkward overall. I wish they'd make Andre into Tony with a personality disorder. Let Xander and maybe a new character be the villain.

Even though I don't like JJ and Lani as a couple, I enjoyed their scenes today. Bravo to both Casey Moss (JJ) and Melissa Reeves (Jen) for great work today.

Sonny: The Big Boy has to be the saddest sack among Salem criminal defendants, past and present. Despite being accurately told by Justin all the reasons why he wouldn't be convicted, he's still totally negative. Regardless how things turn out, Victor should reconsider keeping Sonny as head of Titan. With his pessimistic outlook, he'd be constantly predicting business ruin for the company.

Gabi: She's still cheerleading for Dario? Good grief, she' starting to sound like Sami with her endless protestations that EJ had changed.

Andre: Why was he so convinced that the infamous photo showed Chad killed Deimos? Is it because he can't get his head around the concept of an innocent DiMera?

Chad: He'd better not trot down to the police headquarters to confess to Deimos's murder. Raines and D.A. Trask have their suspect and Chad's tale of a nonexistent photo relating to an alleged crime he can't remember will result in him being tossed bodily out of the building.

Hattie & Anjelica: Please, put these two on the next bus out of Salem. Their idiotic plot is doomed. Marlena will soon get her act together, Hattie is sure to slip up, and with the relentless John on the case, the truth will soon come out.

Same here though I liked Marlena's "Hattie-ized" wardrobe better than her usual one.

All of Marlena's Hattie outfits are fun! Reminds me of the 1970s. Kind of a disappointed Hattie and Bonnie have to dress like Marlena and Adrienne, because I think Bonnie Lockhart has Hattie way topped LOL. All the gold and cheetah skin mini skirts. I will bet, though, Bonnie Lockhart will slip as Adrienne by getting caught smoking a cigarette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me, years ago, Hope & Bo had some sort of psychic connection of some kind.....I wasn't watching then, but read things here and there.

So when Marlena was calling out to John to help her....made me think....will they have one now?

I did miss the entire beginning of the show (was called to bring hubby home from hospital this a.m.) so I know I missed some things. But thought Chad/Andre scenes were very well done. Just wish Andre was NOT the wicked, evil Andre of yore. I really liked that Chad learned, with a short period of time, that not only was Abby's marriage to Dario a sham, but that he was blackmailing her into leaving with him, making everyone think she was really going to do so, pinning her hopes on Theo's ability to delete the damning pic.

But...just like Sonny standing over the body, remembering he did, Chad evidently was there at some point, wiping that knife. In my opinion he was doing so because he thought someone he cared about had done the deed. But Chad has no memory.

And for the same reason as anyone else, Chad could not be convicted because of being drugged.

Ron C (headwriter) has stated in interviews, that he changed who the killer was, threw in some additional suspects, got the storyline intertwined with a couple love stories. In doing so, he stretched it out a bit. Gotta say, am looking forward to "what happens next".

Back