Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 2, 2017

Thanks for the summary. I'm looking forward to most of this. Does it seem plausible that Andre could have been driving the car that hit Abigail? I know he would not intentionally hurt her or Chad, but he could have been aiming for Dario, hoping to save Abigail out of his clutches. I don't want this to be the case but yesterday Kate kept trying to call Andre and was commenting on how she was unable to get in touch with him.

I'm relieved to hear that someone finally told Chad why Abby married Dario! And about the picture on Dario's phone.

Maybe I'm a cold hearted cynic but I just don't buy that Andre really cares for Abigail for a nanosecond. I think that since he is so much about the "DiMera Legacy" and that she is the mother of a DiMera,Thomas, he is at the most willing to accept her in Chad's life. But as soon as he finds it would more advantageous for him for Abigail to be out of the picture he will not hesitate to scheme to make that happen. The whole thing just feels hollow to me.

Hattie and "Anj": They need to let the audience in on Anjelica's explanation of her scheme because so far it's just not working. There are just too many pieces of the puzzle missing and the dots aren't connecting. I realize I may be mixing my metaphors a bit but that's just how I roll since I've been gone form the board. LOL

Anyway, even though I'm still chuckling at Hattie a bit with her calling Marlena "Dr. Poo-Poo" and planning out a double date between Hattie, "Mr. Roman" and "Anj and Mr. Dimples." Preceded of course by a girl's day out. But other then that this whole scheme is just so needlessly convoluted that I'm getting annoyed by it.

Oh and hey Gabi was on!! Yeah I know that she didn't really do much today other then tell Chad that Abigail and Dario's marriage was a sham for a green card then launch into a poorly timed and misguided defense of Dario. Yeah as much as I love I gotta admit that did make me wince a bit. I mean I get it. She's a a bit naive when it comes to family and she still doesn't know the full scope of her brother's machinations that was still the wrong time, place and person, Chad, to do that with.

See my blinders when it comes to Gabi aren't entirely rose-colored after all. LOL

Thanks, Poirot.

I liked the card Sonny got from Arianna. She even signed her name on the back.

Justin should have kept his mouth shut when he talked to Anjelica. Now she
knows someone knows she talked to someone about "homework"

Hattie sort of did a good job talking to the doctor where she dropped Marlena off.
I hope she has patients so we can see how she handles them.

I hope it won't take too long for the Salemites to figure out something is wrong
with Marlena when Hattie starts living Marlena's life. It would be interesting
to see how many try to trip her up.

JS, I thought the same thing about the trunk since most or all are supposed to have
safety devices to get out them.

I kept wondering about Andre today. He seems so concerned about Abigail. Is it because
he knows Chad still loves her?

Poor John. Doc won't answer her phone. Where oh where can she be?

Last edited:
Please tell me someone out there has the inside on how long we have to endure the ridiculous Hattie/Anjelica story? This is way beyond tolerable and needs to come to an end. QUICKLY. I realize there may not be an answer to my question but thought I'd throw it out there to see what sticks.

I agree with just about everything you have all said. My gripe is, no one can have simple accident in Salem. They need a heart, kidney very serious operation. They croak and have to be resuscitated. Never just a few bumps and bruises. I do feel things a moving a little faster.

I agree with just about everything you have all said. My gripe is, no one can have simple accident in Salem. They need a heart, kidney very serious operation. They croak and have to be resuscitated. Never just a few bumps and bruises. I do feel things a moving a little faster.

Totally agree. I never understand why on soaps people can't get the flu or a really bad cold or a minor injury. It always has to be something serious or require major surgery. They can get the same level of couple angst out of a bad case of the flu or a minor injury instead of life threatening stuff. I just watched a new Hallmark Christmas movie with Patrick Duffy where his daughter's love interest fell off a ladder. He had minor injuries but had to spend the night at the clinic. That's what made the daughter realize she loved him.

Chad might need a hypnosis session with "Marlena" to remember details about the night of Deimos' murder. That ought to trip Hattie up. No matter how much homework she did to become Marlena, I doubt she would know how to do the hypnotism just by reading psychiatry textbooks or Anjelica coaching her.

I have a feeling John will quickly figure out that Hattie is impersonating Marlena. There is no way Hattie is going to keep up the charade.

I agree that this Anjelica/Hattie/Bonnie story is not really making sense, but I feel Ron Carlivati threw it in to bring some entertainment value to the show while he wrapped up the rest of Dena's stories. There is no fun stuff with Chad/Abby/Gabi and the Steve/Kayla/Tripp/Joey stories.

Of course it makes logical sense for John Black, ISA Agent and former cop, to go to Kate first when he's looking for Marlena. It's not like Marlena has children, grandchildren or co-workers in Salem.
I saw today was a doppelgänger/Lucas-Adrienne-Justin squabbling day, and I zapped the episode.

Ron C and the audience deserve better. Marlena deserves better.

There's something very wrong when the most sympathetic character not in immediate peril is André.

Hattie and "Anj": They need to let the audience in on Anjelica's explanation of her scheme because so far it's just not working.
They're again failing to follow the rules for making a soap character likable; although she has made a plot point happen, she is simply not funny (and her motivation makes no sense), and she has no friends. If she had a character that was actually sympathetic to her, maybe I could tolerate this dumbelgänger nonsense.

I know I've been super critical of Gabi lately; but it's because I feel the character is too intelligent to think she's actually the one in Chad's heart, not because I don't still love her. (She's like the best friend that's making really terrible choices and you're just keeping your distance for now...but will be there when she wakes up and/or the bad relationship implodes.) It's really the writing for her that I hate. But I absolutely love that she was the one who dropped the science on Chad about the Dario/Abby marriage fraud. This is a moment akin to when Billie brought Nicholas to Carly at the airport, knowing it could very well tank her chances with Bo. Good on you, Gabi!!

Chad might need a hypnosis session with "Marlena" to remember details about the night of Deimos' murder. That ought to trip Hattie up. No matter how much homework she did to become Marlena, I doubt she would know how to do the hypnotism just by reading psychiatry textbooks or Anjelica coaching her.

I thought about that too when Chad was talking to Andre. I wondered if Hattie knew how or if she would try something silly like swinging a watch back and forth saying you're sleepy, sleepy, sleepy :)

Thanks for the summary. It was a decent show. JJ and Jennifer had fantastic scenes, and the acting was wonderful (as usual). I'm also glad Chad now knows the truth behind the Dario marriage. Gabi did a noble thing, which is why, in my opinion, I wish Chad would stay with her (at least for a few more months). Relationships seem to last briefly in Salem, especially when new writers come in. It would be nice to see stability for a change.

The Anjelica/Hattie stuff is campy. I can see it being fun, but it better not last too long.

Sonny needs to lighten up, and fast.

I truly want to know why Kate is so gung ho for Gabi (while telling Chad she wants him to be happy) that she is continually brainwashing the girl to go after Chad! What is in it for Kate?
My guess is Kate feels some weird obligation towards Gabi since she was involved with Rafe and Eduardo (much as she feels for Chad after being involved with EJ and Stefano). Perhaps because Gabi lost Will and her mom isn't in town either, she feels she must look out for her?

I wish Chad would stay with [Gabi] (at least for a few more months). Relationships seem to last briefly in Salem,
All Abigail needs right now is for Chad to still be torn between Gabi and her...again. That's mainly what broke them up in the first place. Gabi knew before she flapped the sheets with Chad that they still loved each other. She deserves whatever heartache she gets because of her choices. I don't even consider what Chad and Gabi had a relationship.

Back