Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 27, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014

Not much going on today. Cousin Joan evidently took a job in Chicago, so is letting Eve & Paige stay in the apartment. Eve starts another of her rants about JJ and Standford, Paige puts a stop to it, is going down to storage where she put the boxes she was going to ship to Stanford....her belongings. Eve is not all that thrilled that Paige doesn't want her help, since she already asked JJ.

Meanwhile, JJ is down at the cop shop, telling Hope he got a letter, his juvenile record has been expunged, he wants to get Aiden something, as he did it. But Hope has no idea what Aiden is in to, can't help JJ in the gift department. Aiden arrives, JJ leaves, and in 30 seconds he & Hope are back arguing and yelling. He is disappointed as this is how it was when they first met, and he thought they were past that. He leaves, she flashes back to "the dance". He goes to the Pub for coffee, and also flashes back to "the dance". The gal who brings him the coffee, says it is on her, even gives her phone number, is hitting on him, but he lets her know he does not date...not ever. And leaves.

Abby & Jordan do some girl time catching up at the Pub. Abby tries to convince Jordan that Rafe cares about her, Jordan knows that, but he made a choice about Kate, and it did not set well with her. Abby talks of how her job interviews are going no where, as that article seems to concern the HR people (human resources) and they change their minds about her. They talk of a job opening in some sport complex (marketing) with Jordan mentioning Rafe having a friend who works there. Ben arrives, fo8und the keys to the storage room, has to go clean up, straighten up in there. Abby volunteers to help, they leave.

Rafe & Kate run into each other in the square (where else?) chatter a bit, he just returned from visiting Gabi. They are joined by congenial Clyde, who greets Rafe, and then Kate, which surprises Rafe, who did not realize they knew each other. Small talk, Clyde is getting acclimated to Salem, wants to talk to Kate later about a few things, but Rafe says they can talk now, he has to go.
And more double talk, as Clyde reminds Kate she is the reason he is there in Salem, brought him there, thinks she is one fine lady, and a barracuda in business as well. She gives him the name of a man who can help Clyde obtain the "help" he needs for his business enterprise, and leaves, Clyde again saying she is really one fine lady, and the glint in his eyes as he watches her walk away proves his interest.

Rafe and Jordan run into each other, with Jordan stopping him, doing a bit of small talk about Gabi, work loads, etc. She asks him to put in a good word for Abby with his friend at the Sports complex, and assures him Abby did not ask her to do this, it is on her own, a favor for Jordan personally.

At the hospital, Theresa is gossiping with a nurse about Abby, Jen arrives, the nurse takes off. Theresa continues her digs about Abby, since she has to help find a replacement for her for Jen. But Jennifer is the Mama Bear, and gives it right back to pathetic Theresa whose entire day, every day, consists of putting a pall on those around her, tearing down folks, etc. She talks of how Theresa had to get Brady drunk & high to marry her, and that it is thus her fault that John is in the coma. Theresa's smirk has changed, Jen stalks off. Eve arrives, wants to know what Jen said to her, but Theresa only says this and that. Well, Eve's first royalty check went to Jen's house by mistake, so she is going to go roaring in there. (Everyone now roll your eyes). Eve storms into Jen's office, wanting that check. Jen says yes, it came to her house, she was going to mail it to her. Eve wants it now. Too bad, it is at home. Eve tells her to go get it, Jen replies she is working. More insults from Eve, Jen makes her leave.
Eve figures she can go to Jen's home, Abby is probably there, she can get 2 birds at once.

JJ & Paige are in the storage area, gathering her boxes. He picks one up, contents drops out, including a stuffed lamb. She talks of the guy who won it for her at a carnival. JJ didn't know she had been serious about anyone before, but she sees a photo, picks it up, tells him the guy wasn't a boyfriend, but her dad. One day, he & mom had a fight, he walked out, never came back. Postcards once in a while. She shows JJ the photo of her dad (we don't see it) says she thinks her mom is still hurt by this, had expected him to return. She is so sad, JJ comforts her, kiss, kiss, they are getting just a bit carried away, and there is Theresa watching. She comes in, hopes she is not interrupting, makes a few snide remarks. Paige asks JJ to leave, tells Theresa it wasn't what she thought, that she would never have sex with JJ just like that. Theresa thinks she is smart, paige agrees, and leaves. Theresa follows her upstairs, wants the photo album she came for. Paige gives it to her, Theresa tells her she thinks Paige is doing things right, because once you give a guy what he wants, he is gone.

Abby & Ben share a kiss in the storage room, before getting to work, cleaning the place up. He puts a box in the doorway to hold the door open. They busily attend to things, all is going well, Abby says there is just one last box, as she grabs the one holding the door open. Ben tries to get there, too late, it closes. He looks sheepish.

Hope is running in the park, stops, evidently a charley horse. She is rubbing her leg, looking pained, murmurs she should have stretched first. Aiden comes up behind her, stops, goes back the way he came. She is bent over, obviously in pain. Evidently he returns, as we hear his voice asking if she is all right. She doesn't answer.

JJ is at home, strumming his guitar a bit, then has to answer the door. And there stands Eve. Oh, JJ, she exclaims. What did Theresa tell you, replies JJ.

I guess it's like the old equations we had in school:

A storage room is to Abby as a __________ is to Dr. Dan:

A. football game
B. hospital gown
C. candy store
D. stereo

If you selected B, hospital gown, then you are correct!!

Thanks for the summary, Poirot! Missharley, I was thinking the same thing about Hope and Aiden. I kind of like the idea of them being together, but the storyline is moving way too slow! I don't know how many times I can watch that flashback dance!

I guess it's like the old equations we had in school:

A storage room is to Abby as a __________ is to Dr. Dan:

A. football game
B. hospital gown
C. candy store
D. stereo

If you selected B, hospital gown, then you are correct!!
I have such a hard time with multiple choice questions...can you make it easier for me, please???scratching-.gif

Here it goes, eweiner :

A storage room is to Abby as a __________ is to Sami

A. Fight with EJ.
B. The perspective of having Nick Fallon killed by a hitman.
C. A possible dead child. (I know, this one is soooo wrong ! :tsk: )
D. All of the above

The answer : D, of course

@JustSamantha : Maybe we should start a new thread in "daily days" with such equations. It could be fun ! :)

Now, to get back on topic, thanks for the summary. I did not care much about the show, today. But I couldn't help myself from laughing at Paige and JJ in the "storage area", which used to be the back of the truck where Kristen and Dan had it out. I guess TPTB didn't want to get rid of the boxes and the space they used to film Dan Dan's and Kristen's scenes just yet, so had to figure out a way to "recycle". :rotfl:

Eve did have a point when she was squawking to Jen Jen about her check. Jenny shows up at work when she feels like it, leaves at the drop of a hat on the flimsiest pretexts, but she can't budge from her office to get the check. Speaking of Eve, she's the latest in a long list of Salem parents who haven't learned the basic rule about your kid's love life: running down the object of his/her affections NEVER works especially in Salem. Just ask professional busybody Adrienne and ComaJohn if he were awake. Another person who doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut is, who else, Jeannie T. With the dark secret she's now hiding, she ought to keep the lowest profile possible instead of getting in Ms. Priss's face about the great Abigail scandal. Finally, there's creepy Clyde. He's a total dirt bag, has to know that he's a total dirt bag, but he wanders around acting like everyone he meets should be glad to see him.

What a boring episode. I just can't get into the Eve character. I think Kassie DePaiva is doing as good a job as possible in the part but I don't care for the character of Eve or find the necessity of her presence in Salem. I wish they would have come up with a new role for her. I just am having a hard time caring about anything in this Eve/Paige storyline. And then there's boring Jordan, creepy Clyde....with Rafe still no closer to finding out what's really going on there (either with Jordan/Clyde or Kate orchestrating Clyde's arrival in Salem). Hope/Aiden moving at the pace of a snail through Elmer's glue. I probably could have completely skipped this episode and would be ok. I hate to say it, but the episodes with Sami/EJ, Kristen, Nicole/Eric, etc. are actually more interesting to me. I'm going to go barf in a bucket now. :sick:

A new day in Salem. I wonder how long this one will last.

I laughed when Theresa told Jenny, Anne not working today. Of all the
days of her life, Jennifer goes to work when Anne isn't there.

It was interesting to see the young woman at the pub give
Aiden her phone number. Later, Kate gave Clyde a phone number.

Rafe saw Gabi on his day off.

Theresa said a "Salem second". I wonder how long that is because
some Salem days go on forever.

Poor Poirot, having to sit through this boring episode. I appreciate the summary, I'll have to see it tomorrow.
The only good parts are the Hope-Aiden scenes. I actually enjoy the slow pace for them (it didn't work for Nicole and Eric, but it is realistic here; he is widowed and Hope is still in a serious relationship with Bo). But I am tired of those dance flashbacks.

Rafe/Jordan/Kate/Clyde...BORING!!!!
Abby and Ben are cute but I'd rather see them on the actual date that was talked about, instead of them making out for the 100th time, like Rafe & Jordan. I'm betting they make love in the storage room...sigh...

JJ/Paige...so over this couple. Send her away to Stanford. I'm tired of this supposedly brilliant girl just standing there like a dummy and listening to what everyone says about JJ/guys. Eve, Theresa, Mary Beth, and on his side, Rory and Bev. BORING!

Eve/Jennifer...so now that the lawsuit is done, what exactly is the point of Eve? I know not everyone should be brought into the show to be paired up right away, but I feel that the only way to POSSIBLY find Eve rootable is to put her with someone, maybe Daniel. Otherwise, her interactions with Jennifer Bore-ton make for more nap time.

I agree with Sparkster...much as I hate to admit it, the Kristen, EJ-Sami, and Nicole-Eric story lines are far more interesting (and I AM getting bored of EJ-Sami) than all this filler crap.

I've been lurking for a couple of months and I was inspired to finally post something a thought occurred to me as I was watching that probably wouldn't have if the episode had been more eventful: Rafe told Jordan that he wished he brought Ari when he went to see Gabi, well why COULDN'T he have? I mean he's fairly close to Will and Sonny would they have refused if he had called them up and said "Hey I'm going to visit Gabi and would like to take Ari is that okay?" I don't think they would.

Another thing that bothers with all their talk of visiting Gabi whenever they could it doesn't appear that Will and Sonny have done so yet. Since it seems that Rafe was able to hop in his car and visit on a whim, I would assume that EJ was able to arrange for her to be sent to a facility close to Salem. So I'm assuming there's a reason why Will and Sonny haven't visited yet, all I need is a quick line of dialogue of one of them saying "We took/are going to take Ari to see Gabi this weekend," and I would be a happy camper. As it stands it just looks like their not keeping their promise in my very humble opinion.

I know this is just a soap and I probably have too much time on my hands even thinking of this LOL. It still kind of bothers me.

Back