Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 3, 2016

Poor Mami, she took her interfering self over to the police station to demand justice for Rafe. She obviously hasn't been around Salem too long. If Roman was honest, he'd have said: "Mrs. Hernandez, this is probably a DiMera crime, which means nobody will ever pay for it."

Choe wants Philip's help? This hapless would-be music mogul can't even help himself.

Aiden for D.A.?? :eek: This would be the most ridiculous candidacy since EJ ran for mayor. Imagine Andre appearing in an Aiden campaign ad on Titan TV: "Fellow citizens, take it from me, Andre DiMera, that Aiden Jennings will be a great crime-fighter. After all, who knows more about crime than a DiMera?"

Dario: As the old limbo song goes, "How low can you go?" Poor Nicole badly needs a new confidante and Eduardo needs a new manager for TBD. Did the Hernandez family slime get the money to pay off his thug by dipping into the till? For a replacement, how about fan favorite, T?

Last edited:
I enjoyed the show. Did anyone else think about the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Marie went to see the guy at the FBI who interviewed Robert for a position and purposefully sabotaged his chances at becoming an agent when Mami went to see Roman?

So Roman has never met Sami's former mother-in-law in all these years? He hasn't even seen a picture of her and has no idea of what she looks like?

Last edited:
The idea that Mami H never met Will (the father of her grandchild), Sami (her former daughter-in-law who has a grandchild in common with, boy that felt weird to type LOL) and all the other people her kids have been involved with in their years on the show; has me rolling my eyes so much I'm constantly picking them up off the floor. How hard would it have been for someone to say in passing to either Rafe or Gabi "It was nice to meet your mother" as a way of indicating she had visited off-screen?

I don't think that would violated any laws of the universe if they had done that. But I'm not an astrophysicist so what do I know? :)

Last edited:
I'll never get past the fact that she was nowhere to be seen when Arianna died and when Rafe was in a coma. Plus Gabi was in jail, Rafe was kidnapped, Rafe was hurt other times, Baby Arianna was born and still no Mami.

I say no thanks. Her yelling at Roman seemed to be more of a chemistry test to me than her actually caring about who her son dates.

I have no problem with bringing the character on the show. I think the actress is fine. I just want better writing for her.

This reminds me of back when Jack and Laura met and developed a relationship during their mutual stay at a mental rehab place, having no idea that they'd been mother-in-law and son-in-law for years. Really? Even if Laura had been too out of it to be aware of the siuation, Jack had never seen pictures of Jen's mother?

Last edited:
I'll never get past the fact that she was nowhere to be seen when Arianna died and when Rafe was in a coma. Plus Gabi was in jail, Rafe was kidnapped, Rafe was hurt other times, Baby Arianna was born and still no Mami.
She also missed Rafe's funeral when they had the memorial service after the six-pack (John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Carrie and Rafe) were "killed" in the safe-house explosion.

And while I can see why she wasn't at Rafe and Sami's wedding (since it was quickly thrown together with only them, the children, Caroline and a minister), she wasn't at their vow renewal in HTS during Christmas season.

When Mami was "unable:" to come to something or other, because of caring for a sick relative, she was supposedly out of town, perhaps out of the country. But, the family HAS always lived in town, as Rafe told Sami when they looked out the window at the church across the way from wherever they were. That is when he told her about the nun from there that took him in hand, and was responsible for him changing his life around.

I do agree that the show has done an extremely poor job of explaining the absence of the mother from these major events in her family's lives. Thus her interference and meddling now is just not being received well. As pointed out, the writing for her has been lousy.

JS, I must have blacked out a lot of that timeframe because I don't remember a funeral. I thought they were found alive pretty quickly after the explosion.

I kind of wonder if Mami's meddling ways would be a little less grating to people if they were spread more equitably among her kids instead of being focused solely on Rafe? I think she would be more focused on Gabi since she is a) her youngest; b) her only surviving daughter and c) a year ago Gabi was sitting in prison starting her second year of a 10-to-20 year sentence. I would think those would be reasons for Mami to think Gabi was especially in need of her guidance.

But nope the only thing she has voiced disapproval of was when she walked in on Gabi and JJ kissing with Arianna in the room (even though she was asleep). But that was just about her old school sense of propriety and not Gabi's choice of JJ as a romantic partner. All Gabi had to say was "Mami, you can't act like I'm still 16." And that was that. Otherwise she's been fine with J.J. which of course is cool with me. But it's inconsistent when she considers Hope to be so SCANDALOUS!!!

Then there's her other son you know Scuzzy McScuzzface (I just made that up on the fly I'll try come up with something better I promise) who does not have his you-know-what together at all. Yet she hasn't seemed to notice at all.

As I've said I'm a Mami fan but I really wish she wasn't being written this way. But if this how they are going to write I think it might play a better if she spread "the love" if you will equally among the kids.

Back