Days of Our Lives, Wed., Aug. 6, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Face offs galore today, and worth it all to watch Sami & Rafe. LOL. In the park, Ben & Abby are kissing away, when Clyde appears, angering Ben. Clyde wants Ben to introduce him to the girl, Ben tells him to get lost, Abby jumps in to avoid a problem, introduces herself. Ben is clearly angry & upset, Clyde acting all nice, offering to buy them all dinner sometime, finally leaving them. Ben tells Abby that Clyde is nothing like what he appears to be, he knows him better than she does, and wishes he would go back where he came from. Abby realizes how upset he is, it is o.k. and if he feels that way about his own father, he has to have good reason. Ben gets a text from Jordan who wants to see him, so has her come and meet him there.

Jordan and Kate are in the square, Kate being her usual "innocent" self, but knows Jordan is ticked at her. Jordan almost swings at her, so Kate tells her to go ahead, she is sure it will make Jordan feel better. And so, Jordan hauls off, big slap to Kate's face. Now they have words, Jordan noting Kate has been out for her since she first arrived, but Kate shoots right back that if anything comes between Jordan and Rafe, it will be Jordan herself that does it. No one else.

EJ sits with Victor, and while these two beat around the bush, using nice words to camouflage what they really are talking about, it amounts to this. EJ says the companies Victor bought from Sami & Kate are worth more than either he or they realize, that each of them owns something, a company, that will make tons of money. He wants 10% of the extra profits. He will give the links to the info to Victor in exchange for the phone numbers of the two men who took over the drug business that Victor gave up, as did the DiMeras. (In a deal a few years ago, Victor gave his "territory" to the DiMeras"....all was a nasty piece of business...this was down by the docks, when Salem used to have them. LOL) Victor is his usual affable self, cannot understand why EJ wants to do this just to pay Sami back, will think about it, but warns him that he will be playing with fire with those two men. EJ is not worried, can handle it. Vic laughs...he already was blindsided by the likes of Sami & Kate!

And now to Funville, as Sami comes into the DiMera study to greet Rafe. She calls Harold on the intercom, they are not to be disturbed, and before she lets Rafe say a word, the non-stop babbler Sami goes to work. She goes on and on reviewing the time they were together, how he saved her, protected her when she was pregnant, enabled her to have Sydney back, how they raised Grace together, how he was her rock when they lost Grace, she would have fallen apart. She pours it on, how she hurt him, did not believe him when he warned her about EJ, how she thought she knew what she doing. Egads, she won't let Rafe get in a word, despite his attempts to do so. She goes on and on, finally talking of how Rafe had a fling with Kate, and then was grateful to Jordan for her help, but that Sami herself is free now, so.....
Rafe's face shows his disbelief.....did she honestly think he came because he wanted her back. Sure, that is why he is there, right? What...you thinking that you are still the center of my universe just shows that you are the center of your own. Sami backs off a bit, claiming that she only wanted him to understand it would not be possible now. That she has so much going on, blah, blah, blah. But he has a question. Did Kate tell you that she & I had sex. She rattles on, but finally says no, and admits she overheard Kate & Rafe talking that one day.
Rafe is ticked off. He has made another life for himself (has not been sitting pining for her) and is fine with it. Sami is now pretty angry, calls Harold to usher Rafe out, but Rafe storms out on his own. He sees Abby in the square, asking if she has seen Jordan. Abby hems and haws, at first lies and says no, but changes her mind, telling him she just left Jordan with Ben, thinks they need time alone together.

When Jordan arrived, asking Abby if she had told Ben, Abby says no, she figured Jordan should do that. She hurries off, Ben asks what is going on, so Jordan takes her time, but finally manages to get out that Rafe had sex with Kate just a few weeks ago. Ben gets a bit upset, Rafe arrives followed closely by Abby, (who was trying to tell him not to bother the siblings). Ben jumps up and begins punching Rafe out.

Sami sits alone in the study, muttering to herself, looking at a pic of her & EJ, then having flashbacks of various moments over the years, finally of him hollaring at her because she did not kiss him on New Year's Eve that one year. Kate comes in, Sami shoves the picture aside, saying she was figuring she has to replace it with a different one maybe her & the kids. Kate is not buying that, is suspicious, tells her, oh, no, please do not try and tell me you are having second thoughts about EJ. Speak of the devil, he has just come in, and overhears the exchange.

And in Rome, a nervous Nicole has arrived, wondering when the Cardinal is going to get there. She gets a bit upset with Eric, they are having a few words when the Cardinal arrives. Nicole tells how sorry she is for destroying the evidence, she knows it was a sin, she wishes she could take it back, would not do it if she had the chance. The Cardinal has gone over all the material Bishop White sent, has read everything, and listened to Miss Walker. He is ready to give his decision, but asks Nicole to leave him alone with Eric.
She is out in the garden, walking among the statues, looking at the statue of Mary, saying that she would say a prayer now, but doesn't quite know what to pray for.
The Cardinal tells Eric that it was hard to believe that Dr. Jonas & Miss Walker spent all that time trying to find evidence, only to have it destroyed. And that they do not have testimony from the woman involved. But, he has listened to everything, read it all, and has come to feel the same as Bishop White, his fellow priests, friends, Dr. Jonas and Ms. Walker. He will make the arrangements now to restore Eric to the priesthood. Camera lingers on ERic's face, which is not looking all that happy.

I wish I had a DVR so I could keep rewinding and replaying when Rafe says to Sami "have you lost your frickin' mind???".

It happens at about 13 minutes after the show starts (if viewing with commercials) if you're looking for that exact part of the scene.

Was nice to hear Sami mention Grace, though.

Ooops, thought of this while typing the show, and then forgot, just a small scene. Jeremiah is in Salem gives Clyde a huge wad of money, then tells of how Jesse suffered 3rd degree burns in the explosion, and wife Beth Ann has 3 children, with a 4th bun in the oven. Clyde gives jeremiah some money to give to Beth Ann, and then tells Jeremiah he will probably be making the trip from Poplar Bluff down here to Salem frequently.

Boo hoo Samantha...love it that Rafe shakes things up a bit for her :clap:

Aha! I predicted the Poplar MO meth lab ala Breaking Bad. Missouri used to be the meth capital of the United States, now it's Indiana. Elvis is going to get tangled up in that stuff? How is that good for his children? What a loser!

Thanks for the summary :)

Boo, hoo, Samantha indeed. Whatever she may have learned from Stefano about the satisfactions of revenge served cold, it's clear that her own exercise in the art of retribution isn't turning out to be the blast that she expected. Since turning on EJ, she's mostly had one nasty confrontation after another, has alienated her son, been given a harsh dose of reality by Rafe, and has had unpleasant second thoughts about dumping her former smoochy-moochy. As for Ben, it's now clear that he can punch as hard as his size seemed to indicate. If he can deck Rafe, creepy Clyde will be torn to pieces if Ben ever moves from dirty looks to physical action. Finally, there's sanctimonious Eric the reluctant priest. After the cardinal tells him how he prayed over the case, carefully studied all the evidence, and then delivers the good news, all he can manage is his typical unhappy look. Way to go Eric. :sarcasm:

I loved that when Eric was scolding Nicole in front of the Cardinal, and told her to keep her mouth shut, the Cardinal told him to perhaps follow his own advice. LOL

O.K. So Victor has the phone numbers of two really bad guys that no one wants to mess with......and there sits Jeremiah giving Clyde a big wad of cash, and yes it is all of it.
And so far, Victor has not met Clyde, neither has EJ. Oh, talk of tangled webs. Ha.

Sami was beyond immature today and had some nerve calling Rafe an egomaniac. Ummmm the world is revolving around Sami and its quite audacious for her to think Rafe would ever want her back. No woman will ever be good enough for Rafe unless it's Sami. Doesnt matter if it's Kate or Rafe. I wish they could bring Carrie back for more of a burn against Sami.

The storyline with Ben, Clyde, Jeremiah and Jordan is getting interesting. I'm speculating since Clyde and Jeremiah were in business together running meth labs that possibly Ben and Jordan's mother was a prostitute they both split together resulting in Clyde being Ben's father and possibly Jeremiah being Jordan's father. Could be why Jordan always feels she is not good enough for Rafe. Just a random thought I had.

Loved seeing Ben punch out Rafe for sleeping with Kate.

Nicole and Eric are a snoozefest boring as ever. Ughhhh

Poirot said:
Abby jumps in to avoid a problem, introduces herself.[to Clyde]

Abby hems and haws, at first lies [to Rafe] and says no,...

Rafe arrives followed closely by Abby, (who was trying to tell him not to bother the siblings).

It looks like Salem's latest homewrecker is trying to muscle in on the duties of Salem's two favorite busybodies, Maggie and Adrienne.

I wish they could bring Carrie back for more of a burn against Sami.
I'm all for Sami getting her comeuppance but hate the thought of having mousy, goody-two-shoes Carrie Brady Reid back.

Rafe to Sami "have you lost your freaking mind??" Best line of today. Sami has clearly lost all sense of reality. She is delusional.

Victor to EJ "The day that you married Sami Brady your luck ran out", for the win.

I suspect that EJ is going back to the drug business at the pier.

How could anyone claim that Sami loves EJ and believes it. Sami was practically throwing herself at Rafe today and if he wanted to, he could have probably boinked her on the couch.

I am going to love Victor/EJ working together.

I wish EJ could have heard the Sami/Rafe conversation to finally realize that he is never going to claim Sami heart.

Glad Jordan slapped the smug out of Kate's face.

The cherry on top of the cake would have been junior listening to Sami pour her heart out to Rafe. This is the closure that Rafe/Sami needed!

Junior has ALWAYS been Sami's rebound no matter what man she is mad at, and today she proved it again, she was ready to jump back into Rafe's arms until he turned her down, and one look at a picture of her and junior, and he is back in the running again.

Yes, the best part of the show was Rafe and Sami discussion.
I'm glad Grace was discussed. Did Sami really think Rafe wanted her back :rolleyes:

Another great line Rafe said was that Sami was the center of
her own universe :)

I can't believe EJ is going to get involved with the shady side of
the business again. Victor has to get the numbers for two guys he
dealt with before. I wonder if their names are Clyde and Jeremiah.
Lucky for EJ they are now in town LOL

Glad Eric gets to be a priest again. He didn't look happy when
he found out though. I almost cried when Nicole did.

I liked Abby's blouse. Her pants reminded me of football pants
with the stripe. I think Sonny and Cher wore pants like that. Abby
must have really dug deep in someone's closet for them.

Sami was pathetic today and at this point, she is acting way out of character if you ask me. She no longer comes across as sincere either. And as I said yesterday, this conversation with Rafe would have made a lot more sense a year ago. It also seemed that she and Rafe weren't done when he stormed out however, knowing TIIC we won't get another scene with them anytime soon.

And yes I do wish EJ had overheard!!!!

I really want Kate out of Salem. I hate how she seems to get away with everything without any consequences. And I hate that white outfit.

I'm not so sure Victor is being sincere with EJ...

I enjoyed Abby and Ben today.:eek:

Why do Nicole and Eric need to be in Rome to talk to the Bishop? I think something bad is going to happen to either Eric or Nicole in order for Eric to ultimately resolve his true feelings. Especially with Kristen back.

Speaking of which, no Kristen, Daniel or Eve for 2 days now. Shocker! And I don't miss any of them. Take note Mr. Corday.

Back