Days of Our Lives, Wed., Aug. 6, 2014

Maybe Victor involved in another business Maggie wouldn't
approve of. Victor did keep the phone numbers of two guys
EJ can contact

Victor is as wicked as ever, as I see it. He plays it closer to the vest now because of Maggie. She has to know he still dabbles in undesirable business practices. He made no excuses to her for his part in "outing" Kristen with the video. Maggie is the one who came crawling back. She needs to realize that, although Victor loves her, he did not/will not change for her. Victor is very lovable and quite funny with his quick wit, but he's still ruthless.

Ben is scum. I didn't like him but now I really hate him. He's completely unglued. I can't find any justification in his savagely beating Rafe for sleeping with Kate. Yelling, maybe. Punching once, maybe. He's clearly a psycho and as far as I'm concerned he needs to pack his bags and leave town. He can take his boring sister with him, too.

Loved Rafe telling Sami off. Hated Sami softening over her smoochy-woochy's picture. Loved Kate setting her straight.

Very curious about Clyde/Jeremiah. Meth seems likely - but wondering about Jesse/Beth Ann and the various children. Could she --possibly-- be the "dead" mother of Tammy Sue & Ollie? Mainly because Clyde is a skeez and a liar, but also because the writers have amnesia (even with their own stories) and have redirected Jordan's tale so many times.

Kate is much better used in the stoking of Sami's fire than with the pathetic Rafe junk.

Rafe could have clocked Ben easily and didn't. It would have been over, bingo. But Rafe said he felt he deserved it, and would have done the same as Ben did, if it had been Gabi.
Ben was really taking his anger at Clyde out on Rafe. But he does know that Jordan sacrificed a lot to save him from Clyde and the life back in Poplar Bluff, and being on the run so much, having to hide, not talk of her past has changed her a great deal, made her so guarded, etc. (yes, and boring beyond belief).
But at least Ben recognizes that his temper can get out of hand.

I agree, Poirot, and I think Ben is just reacting based on his past experiences as a child, maybe even trying to make up for being helpless. He seems to have good intentions, but the old ways won't work. He'll have to learn to tone it down. Handling things with violence isn't the answer in most cases, but I can see where Ben would have a hard time getting past that mindset, especially if someone he cares about has been hurt.

Just finished watching Wednesday's show. I really loved the Sami and Rafe scenes and I am so glad that they finally had closure with this couple. I bet now that Rafe turned her down she will probably start to think about what she has done to EJ and consider taking him back. EJ always seems to be second choice, when nobody wants her, she runs to him.

Back