Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 9, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Hattie is visiting Bonnie, both are gushing at seeing each other and giddy over the plans to spring Bonnie today. (These two actresses had to be having a really fun time doing these scenes today). Hattie reveals she has Adrienne out like a light, and in the trunk of her car. Lots of laughing as they discuss the plan. Bonnie goes to her kitchen job like always, then ....Hattie whispers the plan, Bonnie giggles, is overjoyed.

Brady walks around the room in the Kmansion, having his own private pity party, muttering things Nicole said, when Paul comes in, asking questions. Brady said Vic admitted hiring Xander to come there, Paul gets all excited, but Brady drops the hammer, Xander got spooked, too many people around, went back to Vic with all kinds of demands, Vic pulled the plug. Paul has noticed the glass of whiskey, Brady denies having a drink, but admits contemplating doing so. Now he rambles on about all his troubles and suspicions about Nicole & Eric, Paul thinks he is wrong, Nicole loves him, and he should talk to her about it all. They go back and forth a bit, Brady dumps the drink, Paul smiles, knows he has lots of support & love, goes to meetings, but tells him to call him any time, day or night, doesn't matter. He will be there for him, wants to help.

Justin is at the prison talking to Sonny, doesn't think he will be able to get bail for him. Sonny indicates Paul has a lead, they go back and forth until Sonny finally tells it is Uncle Vic, Paul thinks he hired Xander to come kill Deimos, arranged it all. Brady is questioning him. Justin has a minor fit, talks of how Vic let Sonny rot in jail, how Adrienne has worried, he doesn't want anything to further worry her. Sonny catches on, asks if he is still in love with Mom, Justin avoids a couple times, then finally admits he is. Sonny figures then he should do something about it. Paul arrives, tells the bad news, that Xander did not do it. But not to worry, they will find out who did, Paul won't rest til the killer is found.

At Joey's apartment, Kayla is pacing, worried look, flashing back to Joey admitting to Tripp that he is the one who killed Ava.Steve arrives with takeout food, sees her upset, Joey is still sleeping, how did it go with Tripp. Steve says he said little, is still trying to absorb it all. Kayla worries Tripp may turn in Joey, but that young man comes downstairs, saying Tripp doesn't have to, because he will do it himself. Kayla gets all worked up, Joey cannot ruin his life, but Joey can't live with this any more. He has gone to therapy, it all gets worse, not better. She reminds him of all that Ava did to our family, that any one of us could have been killed. Joey just feels he took away Tripp's mother, that Tripp never got to know her. He is soft spoken, but insistent. He will not know any peace until he owns up to what he did. Kayla is near tears, Joey has to go to work at the Pub & leaves.

She turns to Steve, angrily asking him why he did not say something. Steve is agonized, but says he feels this is Joey's decision to make, that he is being tortured by guilt, has lived with this a long time, trying to deal with it, and that perhaps he can live with himself and find some peace if he does what he wants. Kayla is beside herself, and finally tells him that "if you think it is o.k. for our son to go to jail, then YOUR son, Tripp should go to jail, too".

Nicole is with Eric, thanking him for helping her avoid recognition, she would have lost Holly, yada, yada, blah, blah. Glad we are friends again. Eric is too. She worries Holly won't recognize her, Eric offers to take pictures, Maggie can hang one by the crib, so Holly will see her mommy first thing when she wakes up. And he does, probably snaps 50 of them.

Hattie meets with some jail guard, telling him not to forget to leave the kitchen gate unlocked. He is leery, last time he helped her, there was a problem, and if another prisoner escapes, they will be after him. Not to worry, all prisoners will be accounted for when they do the check. Now she pulls envelope of money out of her bra, and does her Mata Hari flirtation routine. (sorry, it just made me laugh).

And then later, Bonnie & Hattie come into a bedroom, laughing, giggling, high fiving, butt bumping, Bonnie is free at last, this is where she will begin the new life, glad Hattie was able to exchange her clothes with Adrienne's.

Brady walks around a bit after Paul leaves, then calls the Horton Center for Nicole. She isn't a work. So he asks to speak to Eric. Not there either. No message, he hangs up. And as Nicole leaves Eric's room after the picture taking, glad he understands about not telling Brady, Eric promises to get the pictures to her as soon as he develops them, and there in the hallway, skulking and eavesdropping again, is Brady.

At the women's prison, the guard has a woozy Adrienne in a chair, thinking she has a hangover (in prison??) Adrienne comes to, says where am I? In prison, where you always are, Lockhart. "HUH?", replies a bewildered Adrienne.

I wonder how long all this doppelganger business will go on? Can't wait for Hope to see "Marlena". But wow, Adrienne is in prison!!!

I might be in the minority but I thought it was a little petty of Kayla to say if you're ok with Joey going to jail, then Tripp should too! Joey wants to confess. He is suffering with this secret. He needs to make it right. It's his choice.

Really tired of this Brady jealousy business. Glad at least that he didn't drink. Plus it is stupid that Nicole thinks she can't tell Brady that she has forgiven Eric. Dumb dumb dumb. Also dumb is Eric's idea to give the foster mom a picture of Nicole for the crib. The foster mother that just saw Nicole and will absolutely say that's her!! That's the woman that was holding Holly!

I might be in the minority but I thought it was a little petty of Kayla to say if you're ok with Joey going to jail, then Tripp should too! Joey wants to confess. He is suffering with this secret. He needs to make it right. It's his choice.

.....Also dumb is Eric's idea to give the foster mom a picture of Nicole for the crib. The foster mother that just saw Nicole and will absolutely say that's her!! That's the woman that was holding Holly!

That is exactly what Steve was trying to tell her about Joey...he is grown man, his choice.

And not only is Eric taking pics of Nicole wearing the SAME SWEATER, she has the same hairstyle. Unless Eric crops the pic to just her head......that sweater or shirt is a dead giveaway.

And then, there is Brady. When/if he sees the pics, he will see it is Eric's bedroom. What a stupid place to take those pics.

And not only is Eric taking pics of Nicole wearing the SAME SWEATER, she has the same hairstyle. Unless Eric crops the pic to just her head......that sweater or shirt is a dead giveaway.
But, but, but Nicole was wearing the Salem disguise of a ball cap. There's no way the woman would recognize her in the picture. :sarcasm:

Nonsense galore today.

1) Joey's confession: He could get a bullhorn and stand on the Salem City Hall steps and proclaim his guilt, but without corroborating evidence (which there doesn't seem to be), the worst that could happen would be him getting arrested for disturbing the peace.

2) Bonnie's breakout: Add another element to the utter absurdity of the wretched Bonnie-Hattie story. Since when do inmates get unsupervised visits? And what in what state prison can somebody escape by exiting the kitchen door? Is the state government too cheap to provide watchtowers, high double fencing, and acres of razor wire?

Fence_of_Prison-BPO.jpg

Let's see Bonnie get past this.

3) Stalker Brady: It's amazing how Salemites can change their character in an instant. The strong, resolute Brady who supported Nicole during the Holly-snatching is now some hyper-suspicious idiot who follows her around. Even in Salem such karma chameleons are little hard to take.

Finally some suggestions:

Eric was actually smiling when he was taking photos of Nicole. If taking pictures of attractive women cheers him up so much, maybe he should go to work for Xander's favorite magazine, Busty Broads Monthly.

To cure Trippy's angst over the death of Ava, when Marlena returns from the mental hospital, she ought to put Steve's surprise son in a trance that will transport him back to when Ava was running amok in Salem. After witnessing mommy dearest in action, Little Trippy would later be thanking Joey for ridding Salem of a dangerous psycho.

DrBankerFan touches on a thing that 's really been bugging me when they do prison scenes. It's the lack of consistency. When Rafe, Will, Sonny and Ari visited Gabi at Christmas time, it seemed like they had a private visiting room but the guard stood watch at the door.

Then a week later when Melanie visited Gabi the guard left the room.

Then when Hope was in prison, she received visitors in a large ready room type situation where the guards kept watch. She couldn't have physical contact with her visitors but when Rafe hugged Gabi that was okay.

Then we see Hattie and Bonnie hugging in seemingly private visiting rooms with no guards in sight. There's just no sense of reality about the place. It drives me nuts.

And sometimes that's not a very long trip. LOL

If Joey goes to jail, then how many others, including Kayla and Steve, will be charged and possibly incarcerated for aiding and abetting? Aiding and abetting, in most states, usually carries the same prison sentence as first degree murder but under the title of involuntary manslaughter. Depends on the circumstances, what weapon was used, etc. Well, who knows? Roman? Hope? Claire? Ciara? John? Jade? Kayla. Steve.

Although without evidence it may be a moot point.

Thanks, Poirot.

I don't understand why Eric had to take pictures in his room. Reminded me of the saying
when men ask the woman to come upstairs and see their etchings.

I'm glad Paul talked to Brady about the drink.

Interesting to see Chet again at the prison. I figured he lost his job because he got
Hope out of prison.

You can tell Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Judi Evans (Adrienne) are having fun playing
their look alike characters.

I was ticked off at Steve because he wouldn't say anything to Joey about turning himself in.

I agree, Katmouse, that Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie) and Judi Evans (Adrienne/Bonnie) do seem to be having a ball. And it's cool to see two actresses interact who I don't think I've seen interact much in the three years I've been watching regularly. The popping of the bubbles that too many characters is always a good thing in my opinion.

I just wish I was having much fun watching this story as those two ladies appear to be having acting in it. *sigh*

I agree about the actresses having fun but I'm over the doppelgänger stuff. It's no longer enjoyable. Next please.

Funny how Eric is a professional photographer but took photos in a dark room. Where is the light? I do enjoy seeing Eric with a camera though. And he was really taking photos too as I saw the shot on the camera screen each time.

Jealous Brady just doesn't work for me. I wish Belle had been playing the role Paul played today with Brady. Belle is also a sister to both Brady and Eric so the stakes would be higher if she were involved. Paul and Brady don't have the history so I simply don't care.

Eric did look exceptionally handsome today though.

What would have happened if Bonnie and Adrienne were not the same size and their clothes would not have fit each other? In real life, one could have been heavier than the other.

I am on Joey's side. I really feel they should have had him come forward after he killed Ava and more than likely given the circumstances and his age he might have gotten off with community service. Besides, he has felt so guilty since it happened that he got hooked up with a psycho girlfriend and let his personal hygiene go :sarcasm:. While I understand Kayla's anguish, I think Steve is realizing that they need to let Joey make up his own mind about this. It sounds though like Kayla is not going to forgive Tripp anytime soon for what he has done, which I feel is a good thing because where would the angst be otherwise if both Steve and Kayla forgave him so easily for holding a scalpel on Kayla and Joey.

Brady, Nicole, and Eric are annoying me with the "big" secret Nicole and Eric have about Nicole forgiving him, and Brady with his stalkerish attitude. And it was really stupid for Eric to take pictures of Nicole in his room and with her hair and clothes the same so that the foster mother may figure out that Holly's mother was the one holding her in the square.

I did like Paul talking with Brady about his drinking and concerned for the way Brady has been behaving about Nicole and Eric. I wish Brady reciprocated the brotherly love towards Paul.

After months of the reignited love, marry me for the umteenth time, you are my soulmate, are we going to be subjected to yet another Kayla/Steve split over Tripp/Joey?

Back