Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 9, 2017

Couldn't Nicole/Eric have their re-bonding sessions in a public place, instead of sitting on the bed in Eric's room? I seem to recall traveling business women being advised to avoid having meetings with male colleagues in hotel rooms. And to never sit on the bed if such a meeting cannot be easily avoided. Yes, yes, I'm well aware that modern women can do anything they want! :sarcasm:

An unintended benefit of discretion, in this instance, would be that outdoor photos very often turn out better. :)

Bingo, on Tripp joining Joey in prison! Good one, Kayla! Tripp, upon reflection, may forgive Joey. That may ease Joey's guilt feelings enough that he may see his way clear to avoid decades of sharing a cell with Big Bubba. And simultaneously avoid implicating Steve, ISA, and Roman in a criminal cover up.

Thanks Poirot for the summary - you are awesome!
After months of the reignited love, marry me for the umteenth time, you are my soulmate, are we going to be subjected to yet another Kayla/Steve split over Tripp/Joey?
Oh gosh, sure hope NOT!! Relationships really do weather storms and survive/thrive! Surely the new writers can handle such an event with both parties (Steve & Kayla) working to keep their relationship flowing with love and respect.

Tripp, upon reflection, may forgive Joey. That may ease Joey's guilt feelings enough that he may see his way clear to avoid decades of sharing a cell with Big Bubba. And simultaneously avoid implicating Steve, ISA, and Roman in a criminal cover up.
That would be a terrific way to solve this dilemma. Joey surely needs some way to get rid of some of the guilt. I think Steve is right in giving Joey a chance to do what HE needs and not what his parents may need!

Glad the actresses are having fun, but I still hate this story!

Brady/Nicole/Eric stories just seem sloppy and ill-conceived. What are the writers doing? Looking forward to something positive to come soon.

A. Guy, I actually agree with you. Yes, women today can do whatever they wish, but that doesn't mean they always show good judgment. There was no reason whatsoever for Eric and Nicole to be meeting in his room except to advance the plot of making Brady more out of his mind with jealousy. They could easily have taken a couple of pictures at work, since they already are together in that setting. Taking the picture to put it in Holly's crib was ridiculous in the first place. Exactly how did they think that was going to work out?

Old Cowgirl, this is what I've been getting at. Yes it's a soap, but splash a bit of real-world behavior in there once in awhile. Eric and Nicole both know that Brady is not comfortable with them together, work or otherwise, so why are they adding fuel to the fire?

They keep creating questionable circumstances like meeting in Eric's hotel room to take pictures. How ridiculous. And yes, they are both guilty of flirting with one another.

Thanks for the summary.

The best part of the show was clearly Paul's scenes, first with Brady, and then Sonny and Justin. I just really like his character, and how far he has come since he first arrived in town. I want to see more of the concerned brotherly interactions, and am also digging Paul's investigating. More of this.

I'm on Kayla's side in the Tripp ordeal. But I guess Joey will (this is Salem, after all) get out of jail earlier than one would expect, as Gabi did.

The doppelgänger stuff better not last as long as the last bout of doppelgänger stuff did back in 2011. I can sort of tolerate it for now, but if handled incorrectly, it'll be a miserable summer and early fall.

I'm liking Paul much more now, since he is no longer stalking Sonny all over Salem, and the two of them are no longer standing there, staring at each other. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I've also noticed that their love scenes have been toned down, considerably.

Hoping that Hattie and Bonnie will be returning to their cells, soon! :)

Back