Days of Our Lives - Wed., Dec. 10, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Salemites catch up with old friends, going down memory lane....except in the case of Melanie & Theresa. As these two giggle and exchange phone numbers, Theresa says her name, Melanie announces hers, and the verbal battle begins. Melanie is on a roll for sure, as she notes how not only Abigail filling her in how Theresa, but Brady, her other best friend, told all Theresa had done to him. Melanie goes on and on about the alcohol, drugs, Vegas, with Theresa telling her to shut up. Theresa takes off, but Melanie is not through, she follows Theresa into one of the lounge areas, slams the door, and both are bellowing at each other. Theresa lunges at Melanie, who we hear scream, but when both are back in view, Maxine has burst in, ordering both to cool it, this is a hospital. She tells Theresa to take off, tells both to stay away from each other. With Theresa gone, Maxine scolds Mel just a bit, she knows better, etc. etc. She tells Mel to go home, take this application and fill it out.

Abby sits in her office working late, Ben comes in, locks the door, and before you know it, they are kissing and atop the desk, but thank goodness there is a knock at the door before things get out of hand. It is Jordan, Ben tries to look innocent, but Jordan thought she'd help Abby with some project. Ben leaves, the girls get to work, but Jordan apologizes for interrupting them...then explains why she & Chad did not have dinner. After hearing about Jordan's running with Rafe, and Chad coming then, Abby wonders if Jordan is still not over him. Yep, it is definitely over, states Jordan.

Jennifer opens her door to find Daniel there, wanted to come over and talk, he tells her Melanie is back, they chat, both smiling away. They talk of their relationship, which is definitely over, want to still be friends. Both made mistakes, learned things, Jen mentions how good he is with JJ, Dan likes JJ. He tells her he has something else, but she already knows he & Nicole are friends again. I think it was Eric who told her they had patched things up. She is happy for him, says maybe it will go somewhere now, and indicates that she has moved on, that her visit to her mother did her good.

Rafe sees Clyde in the square, was just thinking about him. In his own way, Rafe compliments Clyde on pulling the wool over Rafe's eyes, making him think he did not know Kate, when he knew her very well. Clyde realizes Kate has told him, but Rafe says he is a cop, is supposed to be able to tell when someone is putting him on. LOL. Clyde chats about wanting to be in town to reconnect with his kids, doesn't know if Jordan will ever forgive him, but Ben is letting him help with college tuition, and it sure means a lot. Rafe leaves, Clyde stares after him with an odd look.

Rafe calls someone to check on Clyde's background, he doesn't know of any aliases, but is from Poplar Bluff.

Clyde goes to sweet talk Ben about giving money to charity, Ben doesn't care which one Clyde chooses, is all good.

Paul has followed Sonny, though claims he was just out for a walk and saw Sonny leave the coffee shop. He doesn't say he heard Sonny leaving a message to Will. Sonny says the coffee shop is his, he owns it. Paul tells him he seems like he needs to talk, Paul is there, will listen. Sonny doesn't. Then Paul wonders if maybe he needs a loan. Nope, Sonny doesn't want his money. But Paul insists he said "loan". He tells Sonny if he wants to talk, he is at the Salem Inn...just a few doors down. Sonny notes he always likes his hotels, & the Salem Inn has good cheese burgers, he knows Paul likes room service. .

Eric & Serena sit in the park, talking of their time in Africa, a few misadventures, Eric's leaving the bed early a.m. to go to mass at that little church, and when there was no mass, he would go pray in the bush. And his decision to become a priest. They have a very lovely conversation, he tells her he always said she has the most beautiful smile. She gets a call, has to check with her editor, will see him tomorrow. He goes home, sees a basket he has from Africa, and flashes back to being with Serena, in bed, back then. He smiles, touching the basket.

Melanie has come home, Daniel comments on her being rather disheveled, hair, scarf dirty, as she comments on a tear in her jacket. She is shrugging it off, he knows something happened, makes her tell him. He gets upset with her, tells her to stay away from Theresa Donovan, the girl is trouble, makes Mel promise.

Later, she gets a call from Serena, who is so happy she saw Eric and everything went really well. She will tell all tomorrow. Has to call her editor now.

Theresa meets Anne in the Pub, tells her about finding out that nice gal she met was Melanie Jonas. Both gals are making snide remarks, and mention Mel coming to work at the hospital. Jen comes by, honey dripping from her lips as she exclaims how wonderful it is Melanie is back, that everyone at the hospital just loved her when she worked there before, patients adored her. LOLOL She knows they both will really enjoy working with her. When Jen is gone, Anne comments she knows something that will work, whispers in Theresa's ear. Her eyes light up.

Sonny is back at the Club, gets a message about needing the word on whether to go ahead with the renovations on the new place. What about the $200,000? Sonny doesn't reply, checks his messages is mad because Will has not called back.

Abby has gone to meet Ben, Jordan is finishing up, the door opens, she thinks it is Abby as she doesn't turn around, just says did you forget something? Rafe comes in......yes I did.

Paul returns to his hotel room, takes off his jacket, and then his pullover shirt ...why I have no idea, but now he sits on the bed, shirtless. The phone rings, surprising him. No one knows I am here. He answers, it is Sonny, who was thinking about what Paul said. Paul meant it all. Sonny wants to talk. O.K. says Paul, where? Do you want to come here. The hotel? Camera is on Sonny, who has not answered.

A few old sayings apply to today's events.
1) Better late than never: It's about time you checked on Clyde, Rafe. Do you think that it's coincidental that he arrives and Salem is then swamped with "product?"
2) Listen to your mother: You should have listened to mother, Paul, and stayed away from third-rate University Hospital. When that no-talent, hack-writer Will finds out about you and Sonny, life as you know it will be really over.
3) Be careful what you wish for: So you want to be friends with Jenny again, Dr. McScruffy. Have you forgotten that it's her so-called friends who are often on the receiving end of her very public, very nasty rants?
4) Don't tilt at windmills: Anne, no matter what dirt you think you have on too-cute Melanie, she is the daughter of the vaunted Dr. McScruffy, and has egg-granny Maggie, Prissy Jenny, and her perfect daughter in her corner. Even if she accidentally sprinkles arsenic, not sugar, on patients' cornflakes, she'll always be a hospital heroine.

This is what Melanie reminds me of: a red-haired Betty Boop

th

Awwww, I really don't recall hearing Betty Boop shooting off her mouth constantly like Mel does. But the pose is perfect there. LOL
Egads, actually, I don't remember ever hearing Betty Boop's voice, just the cartoons. LOLOL

I'm glad to finally see Rafe get a clue about Clyde and do something about it. He should have done this four or five months ago but like DrBakerFan said better late then never. I found their verbal sparring match to be one of the highlights of today's episode.

I also have to say I absolutely LOVE how the writers are portraying Abigail as dedicated to her work and the very definition of professionalism. She's truly an inspiration to young women everywhere.

Shouldn't Melanie getting into an altercation at the hospital with a current employee disqualify her from being considered for employment? I probably couldn't walk into a place I just applied for employment and get into a hair pulling brawl in the break room with someone who already works there and expect a phone call saying "congrats, you're hired". :rolleyes:

Unless Will has $200,000 laying around he can wire to Sonny, Sonny's energy would probably be better spent trying to get in touch with someone who can actually HELP him.

Speaking of $200,000, I like Paul! I really like Paul! He's such a smooth talker. It's no wonder Sonny had a difficult time walking away from the relationship before.

I've gotta say, the Sonny-Paul storyline is growing on me, as is Paul. It's easily the most interesting on the show right now, probably up there with Hope & Aiden.

I'm glad Jennifer and Daniel had their talk and want to be friends. It seems that he can continue his friendship with JJ. I like that.

I have had enough with Rafe/Clyde/Ben/Abby/Jordan. SO BORING!!! I'm glad that Rafe knows the truth, but it's just too late for me to care. Should've happened months ago, and honestly, what's the big deal?

The stuff with Eric & Serena, and Melanie, does nothing for me.

Ben and Abigail are disgusting. They were so ready to do it on that conference room table. :sick: I never thought I would be so happy to have Jordan walk into a scene!

I must say I had to laugh at Daniel remarking about Melanie's hair being messed up....I thought that was the look she was going for since this morning (current Salem day). LOL.

Well, let's see, Rafe is finally using his cop/ex-FBI skills re: Clyde. I suppose it's been long enough (read: MONTHS) since we here at Spectator (and other boards) have commented on that and the writers react. Yep, sounds about right.

Sparkster, I don't think Mel's hair changed too much after her fight with Theresa.
I'm glad Maxine calmed her down. I laughed when Mel told her she was
using "her powers for good"

I really enjoyed Dan and Jen's talk. It was interesting to see Maggie's picture
between them. Both of them admitted making mistakes. Daniel wanted to be
honest with Jen, I wonder why he didn't tell her about Kristen.

So Clyde wants to make a donation to something in Salem.
Well golly, Jordan and Abby's special project needs money :)

I didn't realize until today Abby's blouse had holes in the sleeves. She gets
an F for wearing proper clothing on a job. Jordan gets an F too .

I wasn't too surprised what Ben had in mind after he locked the door
(someone in Salem must be finally teaching people how to do that). I didn't
realize until the table was shown Abby wasn't at a desk. I wonder how many times
that has table be used for that activity... Ewwwww.

Daniel and Jen were both concerned about Eric being lost. I hope Serena
will help Eric in that area.

Of course, Jennifer was dressed like it's August, AGAIN, in late fall in the Midwestern hamlet of Salem...shaking my head.

Kat, I also wondered about Kristen, but then again, I don't think he even told Eric that they hooked up. Unless it happened off-screen and was a non-event, which I think was the case when Daniel almost made love with Chloe last year. Or maybe they'll bring it up again at some point.

Ugh--I'm also not shocked that Ben wanted to romp Abby on that desk...was that the same desk that Nicole & Daniel had sex on while she was pregnant? I hope not. Anyways, I've never been so excited to see Jordan in my life!

Also, I've had enough of people throwing Eric a pity party. If he truly wanted, he could've been a priest again. Instead, he chose not to so that he could keep judging Nicole and treating her poorly. Besides, doesn't he have that photography job? Doesn't seem lost to me. He is still surrounded by friends and family.

I liked most everything about this episode, but as others mentioned- really Rafe? You're just NOW getting curious about Clyde because you found out Kate brought him to town? How about months ago, when he showed up and clearly gave Jordan a severe case of the heebie-jeebies, just when she was starting to open up about her secret past...don't we think that you might have been making those background checks THEN? No wonder the FBI wouldn't take him back. :rolleyes:

Caught a bit of the Jeannie T/Melanie fight. Sent me running. I would have preferred they like each other in spite of her dumb Daddy. This Jeannie T grudge just ain't working for me, and I hate Melanie.

I'll have to catch the Jennifer scenes. On mute, it looked like another fight with Daniel. Glad to see they spoke like adults.

The thing is, before discovering who each other was, Melanie and Theresa were all enthusiastic about each other and thought they really hit it off, so the sudden switch is stupid. Also, since Theresa is estranged from Shane and Kim and thought Melanie was just like her, why in the world would she assume Melanie's relationship with Daniel is good? It would make a lot more sense for her to assume that Melanie hates Daniel as much as she does and decide to be friends with her in spite of her last name.

Back