Days of Our Lives - Wed., Dec. 21, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Paul is looking around down on the docks, hides when he sees someone coming. Fellow comes with a load of boxes, takes them off the dolly, goes for more, I guess. Paul knocks one of the stack, is kneeling down about to open one, when Dario appears, belligerent and full of questions. Paul says a box fell, he was only trying to pick it up, was just taking a walk, Dario isn't buying it.

Meanwhile, Sonny is with Chad, giving him an update on his mom, Chad offers to cover any expenses but Sonny says his family can cover it. Sonny gets a call, goes down to the docks. Dario is wanting to know who hired Paul to snoop around, Sonny is there, "I did". Dario is not a happy camper, takes off to confront Deimos.

But Deimos & Brady are trying to find Nicole, who they cannot reach by phone. Storm in Chicago caused lots of problems. Suddenly Brady gets thru to Nicole, who explains about being at the closed Lakeview Inn on Lakeview Rd, which runs along some big park. Chloe is in labor, they get cut off. The two men attempt to contact emergency services, who more or less ignore them. In comes the angry Dario, followed by Sonny & Paul. Deimos tells Dario to get lost, then tells Sonny to leave, return when Dario is off the premises. Brady locates a map, showing Lakeview Road runs along Lincoln Park. They try police, no luck. So each go about their own ideas on how to reach the two women.

Abby meets up with Andre in the park, still full of lush green leaves, lol. She tells him she is leaving town, he argues she cannot, oh, but she can and is. If she doesn't tell him, he will. She threatens him, she will tell Chad how Andre has known all along, paid all kinds of people off to have her listed on that plane and declared dead, watched Chad grieve, so Chad will boot Andre out. Andre says she is blackmailing him. She replies "you think?".

JJ has come home, once again is happily checking out the ornament with Gabi's name on it, tells himself this will be a great Christmas. Abby appears, heard him talking, tells him about her decision to leave, not show herself to Chad, and finally, reluctantly, tell of seeing Chad kissing someone....and it was Gabi. JJ cannot believe this, grabs his coat, is going to find her.

Meanwhile both Gabi & Chad are separately trying to buy a very last minute "perfect" gift for each other. Gabi runs into brother Dario, who warns her about taking up with Chad, that the dude is bad news. Chad has a jeweler come to the house, selects an amethyst pendant. Gabi has gotten her, bumps into JJ. Yep, an argument ensues, he mentions her kissing Chad, she wants to know who told him. He won't say. She blows up, tells him now about hearing him and his mother talking of not telling Gabi about "her". Who is the her? He cannot say, she is angry, tells him she is done, it is over, goodbye.

A dejected JJ goes home, tells Abby how Gabi dumped him. Oh, she is sorry. He spits out that Gabi heard him talking to "mom about you", and thinks it was some woman with who I was having an affair. Oh, Abby is sorry. JJ asks if she knows just how much hurt she has done to mom's life, to his life? She is sorry, is going to get her things together.

With the foot of snow in Chicago, Brady has gotten the highway dept. to put him in touch with a snowplow driver, Brady is getting a snowmobile, will meet up with that driver and get to the motel. Deimos thinks it a bad plan, will do his own. He is on the phone with a helicopter place, will get flown in, calls Chicago to see if there is anywhere a helicopter can land safely.

Sonny returns, tells Deimos he had called Paul off the case, but Paul went on checking on his own. And with Dario getting so uptight, something is going on. Deimos agrees, and gives his o.k. to have Paul & John investigate.

Now, over to Nicole & Chloe, all very good scenes throughout the show. Nicole comes into the room, roads still blocked, her car still stuck, found a closed grocery store next to the motel, managed to get in, get a few things. Chloe initially has pains 10 minutes apart, but they are increasing, now are 7 minutes. Nicole gets things ready, Bottle of water to wash the baby off, towels, various items. She is chattering away, reassuring Chloe, talking of how she delivered Grace, joking about how that started her on her baby switching career.

Chloe is continually crying out as a pain comes, they are closer. She doesn't want Deimos there, not after what he did to Philip. Before she can explain, big contractions. Nicole is having her breathe, push, finally sees the head. Chloe is moaning about hoping she doesn't get postpartum depression again, it was the worst last time. Big push, the head is out, Nicole helps pull the baby out. (gotta say for an absolutely newborn baby, sure is clean, and BIG. LOL) Nicole is talking, rocking, eventually has the baby wrapped in a blanket of sorts (it's a GIRL). She gives the baby to Chloe, is still chattering away, finally asking Chloe if she had any girls' names picked out. No she hasn't. She hands the baby back to Nicole, saying she should name her. Nicole is startled, but this is your baby. Chloe says no, you should name her, you, she starts faltering in her speech, eyes roll a bit. Nicole is calling her name. Chloe goes unconscious, as Nicole keeps telling her to open her eyes, what is going on. Chloe!

Welcome to the world, Baby Walker-Jonas! If you're anything like the rest of the Salem babies, you'll be kidnapped, have a life-threatening illness and there will questions/concerns about your maternity/paternity, all before your first birthday!

Plus, since you're Daniel's daughter, you'll get a Horton ornament next Christmas!

_ml_p2p_pc_badge_taller2
87f4cb266ff763bbf19d3c676df31c86.jpg

I got really ticked off that every time it seemed Chloe was about to tell Nicole something important, both got distracted by something else.

However, then there are the two men, who have learned the girls are stranded, Chloe is labor, and each is talking as though they will get there, find them, in time to get Chloe to a hospital!

By the way, Nicole did tell Brady she was trying to get Chloe to a hospital when the car got stuck. Brady mentions a foot of snow. Every car out there is "stuck". Makes you wonder how the plows will do their job.

I once was driving home on that Chicago interstate, it was snowing lightly, but heavy wet, slippery stuff. And there was this huge plow stopped in the far left lane, protecting a small car, that had evidently spun out and was facing the wall. Any car that came along would plow right into drivers' side. I thought that pretty neat.

Oh, yeah, Brady mentions Cook, DuPage & Kane Counties, all socked in. Cook is Chicago, along Lake Michigan, DuPage next to it, to the west, and Kane next to DuPage to the west. Interesting.

JS - we've already had the paternity stuff, but I suppose there will probably be lots of questions about who the mother really is. :rotfl:
Don't forget about the flashback of when they were at the fertility clinic. The nurse rushed in (a few minutes late) and said she was tied up due to "some drunk". I wouldn't put it past Days to change the baby's paternity at some point.

Oh Lordy, I was yelling at the tv every time they showed the puny amount of fake snow "falling" outside that hotel room in the middle of a blizzard.

Chloe and Nicole were definitely the best part of the show for me.

I wonder if Chloe had a stroke since it sounded like she said "my head"?

and there will questions/concerns about your maternity/paternity

I sure hope so. I want this baby to be Eric's not Daniel's. When the doctor mentioned a drunk interrupting the procedure, I'm hoping Eric was the drunk.

Anyway, I really did not like how this episode centered around Deimos. Brady basically threw his brother under the bus for Deimos and even Sonny caved in by the end. Poor Chloe is the only one with common sense when it comes to him. And I don't need to see one sided scenes with Deimos yelling into a phone.

That's ok Brady you take your leather jacket out into the blizzard and wear it while on a snowmobile. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize Nicole was a doctor now. First she knew exactly when Chloe should push without even checking for the baby's head and then she knew to diagnose the baby as fine without prior examination. Ok then.

So Gabi is mad at JJ for confronting her about something she did wrong? So now Abby, Chad AND Gabi have been ruined by this storyline. Congrats Dena. I still feel for poor JJ though. I actually hope this causes some tension between him and Abby as there should be consequences for Abby's actions or lack of actions.

I liked Nicole cooing to the baby, how Auntie Nicole was going to teach her how to deal with Frat boys as they are definitely going to have a college girl, plus some other "gonna teach her" goodies. That was cute and fun.

@JS...Deimos was moaning the Inn had no website. I said aloud the same thing you did. Well. it will still be listed, you jerk. LOL

I'm wondering if Chloe may end up in a coma? The stroke was something I didn't think of but certainly possible. I also hope this is a catalyst to bring Brady and Chloe together since both are openly single.

Re: the Chicago mentions. I also liked the mentions of Lincoln Park. I have family in that area.

Chloe in a coma, yes, it's time someone occupied the vacant bed at the hospital. And the first thing I thought of, when she started faltering in her speech, was a stroke.

So, with that note I give my prediction: Nicole would be taking care of the new little girl (Danielle, anyone?), as she promised Chloe, and she and Maggie would be caring for Parker (because you know that Maggie would be sure to be involved), for an indeterminate amount of time. Enough for Nicole to totally bond with that baby and not want to give her back.

And when Chloe is back to her old self, she has memory loss. Either she doesn't remember being pregnant, doesn't remember giving birth to the baby, or doesn't remember that Nicole and Daniel are the parents (and, for some reason, thinks that she and Eric are the parents). How's that for a Salem-style twist?

I sure hope so. I want this baby to be Eric's not Daniel's. When the doctor mentioned a drunk interrupting the procedure, I'm hoping Eric was the drunk.

Anyway, I really did not like how this episode centered around Deimos. Brady basically threw his brother under the bus for Deimos and even Sonny caved in by the end. Poor Chloe is the only one with common sense when it comes to him. And I don't need to see one sided scenes with Deimos yelling into a phone.

That's ok Brady you take your leather jacket out into the blizzard and wear it while on a snowmobile. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize Nicole was a doctor now. First she knew exactly when Chloe should push without even checking for the baby's head and then she knew to diagnose the baby as fine without prior examination. Ok then.

So Gabi is mad at JJ for confronting her about something she did wrong? So now Abby, Chad AND Gabi have been ruined by this storyline. Congrats Dena. I still feel for poor JJ though. I actually hope this causes some tension between him and Abby as there should be consequences for Abby's actions or lack of actions.

Well in fairness, Gabi was already mad at JJ. LOL

I'm not defending Gabi because she is in the wrong here but in a way I do see in way where she was coming from. She thinks he's cheating on her so she sees it as him coming on her when he's doing the same thing. So she feels he's being hypocritical. Of course this is all a moot point because she jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Aww heck, even when I say I'm not defending her I'm still in fact defending her. I just can't help myself. :)

In all seriousness I do feel bad for JJ as well. He's definitely getting the short end of the stick here and it's totally unfair. As much as I love Gabi if JJ makes her work for it when it comes time for them to get back together after she realizes the full magnitude of her mistake I won't mind.

Last edited:
Could Baby Walker-Jonas be headed for early SORASing?? After all, "Auntie" Nicole was giving her advice about frat parties, screwdrivers, and jewelry. As for the child being a girl, this is a good tactical move. If Days lasts long enough, SOARSed Tater Tot and Thomas are going to need a love interest. As for Abigail, the less said the better. In one episode, she resorted to blackmail and managed to destroy JJ's relationship with Gabi. And given Abigail's plans to run again, a good theme song for her would be Bon Jovi's "She's a Little Runaway."

I love how they all acted like finding the Lakeview Inn was so hard. Couldn't they "Ewe Search" the location?? For crying out loud, I can Google the location of businesses that closed decades ago.
All the while Brady and Deimos were frantically trying to locate the Lakeside Inn, all I could think was "Google Maps, you fools."

Oh Lordy, I was yelling at the tv every time they showed the puny amount of fake snow "falling" outside that hotel room in the middle of a blizzard.
Agree. The light snow shown falling outside the motel window would hardly have left a dusting on Nicole's car much less the foot she mentioned.

I did like the show today, especially the Nicole/Chloe scenes........but something rubbed me the wrong way completely.

Chad is in the park, talking to Abby via the angel statue. Along comes Gabi, why she would come there, no clue. She could see she was interrupting, that Chad was having a special moment, & yet she barged in anyway, blabbering about breaking it off with JJ....and then poor Gabi, was going to take Arianna to the hospital Christmas party, (with Santa, other kids, presents, fun, etc.) but then opts to instead go to Chad's mausoleum, museum, whatever...(that place needs makeover badly). Am sure Arianna is going to just love that.

And then there is how she quickly turned what she did back on JJ, because he would not tell her who told him about her kissing Chad. I have always liked Gabi, but she currently is trying my patience. I have absolutely NO sympathy for her. She wants an affair with Chad, plain and simple. She can try putting blame on others but she definitely has no halo here.

I kept wondering if Chloe was having a stroke because her head hurt and she kept touching her face.
Then I thought she's either going to be in a coma or have amnesia.

I wonder if the people who write the scripts looked up Lincoln Park. It's a park in downtown Chicago
and it's by Lake Michigan. There is a road called N Lake Shore Drive. Would that be for Lakeview Road?

And road goes by lot of popular attractions and which includes Lincoln Park Zoo. Oh well.. maybe I'm not
supposed to think about things like that :)

Who will save the day first? Deimos in a helicopter or Brady on a snowmobile with Daniel's heart?

Poor JJ, Gabi broke up with him because he's keeping Abby'e secret. I kept thinking that JJ would
take the ornament and throw it. Will Julie see it?

I wonder why Deimos said ok to Sonny to keep investigating Dario and Eduardo? Is he still trying
to be good and not bad? Maybe because it's Christmas time.

I sincerely hope you are right Nikki..and thank you. Don't know how I missed her saying Arianna was with Lucas. If so, a surprise, because Lucas has been with Adrienne, but...it's a soap. LOL

@ Kat.....Lake Shore Drive does run all along Lake Michigan. Lincoln Park is just north of down town Chicago, close to North Ave. Beach. Yes, I used to go there. LOL

Lakeview is further north (my dad lived on that street for a while). Lincoln Park is huge, contains the Lincoln Park Zoo, which is fantastic.

Is it even cheating if you're not married to the other person?

I got really ticked off that every time it seemed Chloe was about to tell Nicole something important, both got distracted by something else.
This irks me, too. Just once, I wish someone would stop beating around the bush, and just scream (for example), "The baby belongs to Daniel and you!!"

Back