Days of Our Lives - Wed., Dec. 21, 2016

Poirot, I Googled Lincoln Park and found a map. I was wondering if there was a Lakeview
along it. I looked south. I need to go back and find it. My parents grew up south side
of Chicago. I've been there lots of times. I think the last time I went up was when my
son was 6 or 7. He loved the dinosaurs at the Field Museum.

Thanks for the summary. I haven't had a chance to watch yet.

Maybe it is time for an intervention. Jennifer has been too afraid to let anybody know about Abigail because Abby is so fragile and Jenn is afraid she will run away again. Well, she's about to take off anyway, so I say, go ahead and tell everybody she's alive! If I were JJ, I think I'd tell anyway. Abby has really done them dirty. I don't think it's anything but selfishness on her part. Okay, so she is mentally unstable. Then she probably doesn't need to be in control of everybody else's happiness or lack thereof. Sorry, but I'm fed up with this Abby story.

Poirot, I so agree with you. Gabi wants to have an affair with Chad, and probably has wanted it for a while. It has hardly been a matter of days since she was saying she loves JJ, yet she can't even let a day pass without running into Chad's arms. I'm disappointed because I have always liked Gabi until now.

It now appears likely that Deimos will get to Nicole and tell her about the baby being hers. I did not want her to find out from him! I hope Chloe isn't seriously ill, but I think some of you are right about a stroke or coma.

She can try putting blame on others but she definitely has no halo here.
I'm with you, and I'm a long-time Gabi fan. She's been tossed under the bus by crappy writing to force a crummy quadrangle. Meanwhile she's getting a lot of hate on twitter again.
Deimos in a helicopter or Brady on a snowmobile with Daniel's heart?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have to say the hate Gabi drives me nuts because I don't understand why she's the "bad guy" here. Don't misunderstand I think she's in the wrong for running to Chad the way she did and dropped JJ. But I think a character can be in the wrong but not be a bad guy. I mean look at the all pain Abigail has caused her lack of action since returning to Salem but I don't think she's the :bad guy" either.

I'm going tp be honest up until the kiss with Chad right before Thanksgiving I didn't think she was doing anything wrong at all but she was already getting hate. I don't think either Chad or Gabi realized what was happening at that moment. Nope not even when she kissed him to throw off Miss. Bush I really think that was just part of the act. I think a lot of the hate is probably just because her last name is "Hernandez." I had a point but I think I lost it somewhere. LOL

Anyway I just wish they never would have gone in this direction. :cry:

Abby and Gabi really tried my patience today. I agree that Jennifer and JJ should just tell everyone that Abby is alive and have Marlena help her through her insecurities. As for Gabi, I did feel she was not intentionally seeking Chad out until the last couple of days. Today she really ticked me off when she became so defensive when JJ accused her of kissing Chad. I just want it to come out that Abby is alive so that we can move this story along.

I hope Chloe is going to be okay. It looked like the stress of this pregnancy and the secrets she was keeping have gotten to her. I loved seeing Nicole holding her own baby today. I'm still hoping that the baby will turn out to be Eric's rather than Daniel's but I did like seeing Nicole with her own child, but like Chloe, I want her away from Deimos.

I have really had it with Deimos and his controlling ways this week. For some reason he is still obsessed about Chloe's baby even though he knows it is not his. I don't think he wants Nicole to have the baby simply because it's hers. I feel he wants to be part of its life. For that reason, I hope at some point, Nicole listens to what Chloe is telling her. I can't understand why Chloe and Philip are the only ones who see Deimos for what he is.

I think a lot of the hate is probably just because her last name is "Hernandez."
Troy, I read this board several times a day, and comment occasionally, but I have never seen a post that alluded to anyone's "hating" Gabi because of her last name. That would border on racism, wouldn't it? Unless I missed a lot (don't read every post of every thread), this accusation comes from way out in left field. I realize you have a thing for Gabi, that I honestly don't understand and don't need/want to understand, but that's your right. (When the mush gets too deep, I just skip that part of your, mostly enjoyable, posts. :)) I also haven't read any posts by people who say they hate Gabi. If someone doesn't approve of her behavior, and comments to that effect, that's not hating her. Frankly, I don't think Gabi has done anything wrong, except for jumping to the conclusion that JJ was still "cheating." I also don't think it's cheating if they aren't married but, of course, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't know about the "Hernandez" reason for hating Gabi. But, in defense of Troy, I think Troy was referencing to other boards and twitter feeds, not this board. I'm guessing on other boards, the character of Gabi is being hated on, and probably blamed for everything. Though in my opinion, Abigail is the one truly in the wrong here. In fact, in my view, she's ruined and I don't care one iota about her anymore. Frankly, everyone involved in this horrid storyline has made mistakes, but the worst are Abigail, Jennifer and JJ. Really, this is just not entertaining, just plain stupid.

But I think a character can be in the wrong but not be a bad guy.
Oh, I agree. I don't think Gabi's the "bad" guy here, to be sure. Unfortunately many soap fans (and, sadly, many soap writers) seem to think a character is either "bad" or "good" and there's no in between. The result is the 180-degree turns we see on screen. I don't want to bring in too much from other sources though as that's against the rules. My original comment was one of surprise because (some?) folks who have been rooting to see more Gabi/JJ can now talk about only how she caused the Daysaster and should be in prison. This is the type of reaction the show has trained us to have to a romantic interloper.
I don't think either Chad or Gabi realized what was happening at that moment.
Neither did the writers, to be fair. Cheap plot points poorly lined up, then dra-a-a-a-awn out until Abby was to return.
I think a lot of the hate is probably just because her last name is "Hernandez."
Sadly yes, I've seen that as well. Some "tweeps" I've followed for years spew borderline-racist hate for Rafe/Dario/Gabi and resent them taking over the show. Some are fans of the former Golden couple. Some are diehard Bo/Hope fans. Some are Hope/Aiden fans. But most of it is directed at Rafe, some at Dario; Gabi now gets that splashback plus hate for being the Chad/Abby interloper.
I think Troy meant hating Gabi for her last name in regards to the fact that Rafe seems to gather a lot of hate posts and comments on other boards.
Yes, and I am sorry for opening this can of worms. I hereby close it and apologise for bringing stuff from twitter (the only other place where I interact with Days fans, I abhor all other sites) here. It was not appropriate.

Sadly yes, I've seen that as well. Some "tweeps" I've followed for years spew borderline-racist hate for Rafe/Dario/Gabi and resent them taking over the show. Some are fans of the former Golden couple. Some are diehard Bo/Hope fans. Some are Hope/Aiden fans. But most of it is directed at Rafe, some at Dario; Gabi now gets that splashback plus hate for being the Chad/Abby interloper.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

This show has a lot of fans who can't seem to separate an actor from a character sadly. We saw it with the golden couple and still do to this day. And I think we also see it with Rafe and Dario in particular.

Tis funny how there was no problem with Rafe when he first arrived, was the FBI guard for Sami in the Witness Protection, etc. etc.
I think when the show suddenly brought forth the brother previously sent to South America, the mother, father, plus Blanca.......and it was sudden....that just did not go over well, more because it was not written well. Then there is the insistence of the show to pair up any single person with another one, no matter if they "fit" or not.

Rafe, the stalwart, heroic, good guy has his sister sent to prison for murder, his father who was an assassin, his brother who was constantly involved in shady stuff, (and still is), an overbearing Mama who was trying to pair him with HER choice of a good fit. It was all a failed attempt to attract those viewers who dote on novellas. The actors spoke Spanish quite often, for which the show rarely provided subtitles. And so they had this guy torn between protecting family, and doing his job, plus pairing him much too soon with the female half of a beloved couple.

I think Troy was referencing to other boards and twitter feeds, not this board.
Posts on other sites should have no bearing on what we post here. If he had meant "other boards," he should have said so. I have read posts from several members here who say they never read/visit other DOOL sites, and I am one of them.

JS, again I can't surmise what Troy meant. All I know about the show is what I read here. As stated above, what is said on other boards should have no bearing on what we post here.

As far as the Rafe "hate," I don't see that here, either. Many posters don't like his being currently paired with Hope, but the poll I did a few weeks ago showed posters ON THIS BOARD were running about neck to neck for "yes" and "no."

PS: I just checked that poll and it is 28 "yes" and 29 "no."

I was in fact referring to what I read on other boards and you're right KathyLu, I should have said that but I was not referring to anything I've read here and I should have made that clear. And you're right, what is said on other boards should have no bearing on what's said here.

That entire post was inspired by Jason's remark that Gabi is getting a lot on twitter which again should have no bearing what's posted here. But the Hernandez remark was because I see a lot of moaning and groaningin other places every time any member of the Hernandez family is involved in a story I do not ascribe any motivation especially one as ugly as racism to it but it was not in reference to anybody here.

I never should have said it and this is a HUGE misunderstanding one for which I sincerely apologize.

Last edited:
Back