Days of Our Lives - Wed., Dec. 3, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2014

How about today, we wander all over Salem and see what everyone is up to. Not too much, but a few interesting things do look promising. Adrienne sits with Sonny at the Club, advising him that he needs to tell Paul about his marriage, set him straight. The sooner the better. Sonny leaves, goes to the hospital, finds Paul exercising his arm. As soon as Paul sees Sonny, his face lights up, he moves in to kiss him, but Sonny backs off, nope, no more of that. Paul asks if Sonny is still mad at him. They get into quite the conversation, they were in love, but Paul chose his career over Sonny, not wanting to even be seen in Sonny's company. Paul protests he wanted to, so much, take him to dinner, to meet his family, but his career was important. Sonny understands, it was 3 years ago, and Sonny is glad it happened. Because he found someone else, holding up his finger with the wedding ring. Paul thinks they still could be together despite that, but No Way. Sonny talks of his wedding, of all the family and friends of their that were there, how Will's great grandmother gave this most amazing speech. He is very happy in his life, it is what he wanted.

Nicole is in middle of the square, searching her purse for her recorder, figures she left it at Daniel's. Over at his apartment, replay of Daniel answering the phone to the strange woman who refuses to give her name, claims she is a friend of Melanie's and wants to surprise her. Daniel just says if he sees Melanie, he will pass on her name & phone number, but the woman makes an excuse not to do so, and hangs up. Daniel, & Maggie too are puzzled, and figure there has to be something Melanie is not telling them. Can't be the friend who is moving here, because that person knows Melanie is here, and Melanie is expecting her. Knock, knock, it is Nicole, looking for her recorder. Maggie peers behind Daniel, making a couple of snide remarks, but leaves. Daniel tells Nicole of seeing Eric to tell them he & Nicole are friends again. She wonders how Eric took that. Daniel thinks it was o.k. Now it is Melanie who rushes in, babbling, stops abruptly when she sees Nicole, Oh, your're here...well, at least you have clothes on. Daniel is exasperated, Nicole takes her cue and leaves.
Daniel warns Melanie that Nicole is his friend, that is all, and he does not appreciate her making cracks like that. Melanie promises to do better, then learns of the mysterious phone call from some woman. She has no idea, but tells her dad if anyone calls who they don't know, just say she isn't there. She makes up some story about the ex-wife of a guy she dated a bit in Europe harrassing her. Daniel gets called to ER, so has no time to pursue this conversation further. (yep, real soapy situation, lol) He leaves, she is looking out the window, concerned over "what if they find me"? Yep, she pulls out that money again, just in case we missed seeing it, or forgot she had it.

The mysterious woman tells the man if Melanie is in Salem with her father, this all be over soon.

Earlier, Melanie came into the hospital, looking for Maxine, but just missed her. She turns away only to bump into Theresa, causing Theresa to drop all files and stuff she was carrying, and call Melanie an idiot. Melanie takes offense, it was an accident, but is helping her pick things up. I have no idea what she picks up that causes her to ask if Theresa likes some group. Yep, biggest fan, no Melanie is. They trade comments about seeing the group, Theresa in L.A., Melanie in Europe. More chit chat, and you would swear these two are the best of friends. Melanie explains about being a nurse, hoping to get her job back. Theresa doesn't think much of the hospital, but brags of the patient she is seeing, handsome, blah, blah. (By the way, Mid-winter in the mid-west, and Theresa is dressed like she is going to the beach!) Melanie takes off just as Theresa remembers she did not catch her name. She mutters to herself that the girl is so nice and fun. Looking forward to her working there.

Brady goes to visit Eric, tells him all about Theresa, her false pregnancy, though he thinks Theresa really thought she was, since she was so willing to take the test, and her expression when told she wasn't pregnant. Eric figures he will have a talk with her. Next Brady runs across Theresa, they exchange a few words, she talks of having moved on, great guy, yada yada. She hears Brady on the phone telling someone about lunching with an old friend he hasn't seen in a while. Theresa gives him a hard time, figuring she is more than "just a friend". Brady assures her that is not the case.
Eric runs into Eve, who has been Christmas shopping. They decide to go have a drink, but
Nicole sees Eric, gets introduced to Eve who leaves, Nicole mentions to him that Daniel has told her that he saw Eric, told him that Daniel & Nicole are friends again. Yes. She mentions how Eric wanted to know if they were anything more. Eric says he was out of line, it was none of his business. Nicole agrees, it wasn't. She leaves.

JJ calls Paige, arranges to meet her in the park, cautioning her to tell no one. She is about to leave, when Eve comes home, full of questions about where she is going. Paige talks of the library, which Eve knows is closing soon. Finally Paige is able to leave. Meanwhile, JJ is about to leave when his mom stops him, wanting to know where, etc. They really have a nice talk, Jen is very concerned about him. JJ talks of how he has messed up in the past, doesn't know himself about some of the decisons he makes. Jen lets him know she thinks he needs some help, talked to Marlena, got a referral for him to see someone. O.K. Will make appointment tomorrow. He leaves to go for a walk.
He meets with Paige, tells her how much he loves her, she assures him her feelings for him have not changed. He can't explain, wants to keep seeing her, but she cannot tell anyone. No one at all. No one. She promises she will keep it all secret for now. They leave, and here comes Eve out of hiding. She says, why you little liar. O.K. JJ Deveraux. You have left me no choice.

I'm beyond psyched that JJ is FINALLY going to get the help he should have gotten a year and a half ago, though I don't want the therapist to replace Daniel, which is what they seem to be going for since his friendship with Daniel seems to have suddenly
evaporated. I want him to have his support from Daniel AND from the therapist.

I am glad to see Jen finally paying some attention to her son even though she is way too late. Also, has it occurred to her yet that before she left she threw a fit about Daniel giving JJ support during a difficult time, and that maybe if she had left that alone JJ would have someone else he felt comfortable talking to???

Also I want JJ to feel comfortable enough to tell the whole truth to the therapist so that he can get what he needs to get out of the experience. There is NO reason for him and Paige to be sneaking around, and Eve needs to be stopped, period.

Oh and Eve...your father is in the hospital with something serious and all you're thinking about is messing with the teens? How about telling Theresa what's up with her dad instead?

I was hoping Nicole would follow Eve to find out what the competition is up to instead of wasting time with Eric. I want her to be the one to unmask what Eve has been doing, full stop. Let's put those investigative skills to work!!! But first...Nicole needs to get rid of that horrendous grey coat she was wearing that didn't fit right. It was sooo distracting during her scenes today.

The Paul and Sonny scenes were pure gold, in my opinion, and very true to life. There are a ton of gay people who think they can live this double life, and it's very hard on all concerned. That being said, Paul needs to accept that Sonny said NO.

Too bad Mel is straight as there was serious chemistry between her and Theresa. I'm really glad Melanie is back, though I'll be even gladder to find out what heck is up with that money so she can stop looking at it every other second. And she can stop making stupid comments about Nicole.

Yeah... but for how long ? I'm sorry, robin, I do agree with you, but alas, I'm afraid the writers will definitely have either Will or Sonny cheat. Too bad, as I loved Sonny and Will in the beginning. Now ? Will has become pretty much unrecognizable (and not because of the actor change, mind you). So in the long run, seeing as Paul and Sonny actually have some chemistry, I may end up rooting for them. Sad, isn't it ?

As far as the rest is concerned, I'm already tired of seeing Melanie every day !!!! And so far... nothing ! Aside from looking at the darn money, and knowing that some people are looking for her : nada, zip, nothing. It's so frustrating. And, by the way, did the woman suddenly lose her French accent ? Yesterday, she had it when she asked to speak to Melanie Jonas. And now... nope, not there anymore ! :rolleyes:

Oh, and Theresa and Melanie. Calling someone an idiot is definitely not a way to start a friendship... no matter who is this group they both are fans of ! :rolleyes: Oh, and I guess, to Theresa, Europe automatically means Paris. Cause after all, it's not like there are many countries and cities in Europe. :rolleyes: Anyway, once Melanie realizes who Theresa is, and vice versa, that will all be down the drain anyway, and I can bet cat fights will follow. How original. I guess only men can be friends on this show ! Women can only be pests to one another.

Nicole : Let sourpuss Eric be miserable and never look at the guy again. But I was glad to see her today. I just wish she would be used more wisely. Like that's going to happen with these writers ! :rolleyes:

Paige, JJ, Jennifer, Eve : I don't care ! Too bad, as JJ had potential, but now, he's being dragged down by this boring/disgusting storyline. Anyway, back to Eve. When I see her talk about "daddy", I find it ridiculous. :rolleyes: Daddy being Shane, and considering the actors (Kassie DePaiva and Charles Shaughnessy) only have a 6 years difference in real life, this is so ridiculous, Eve should have been somebody entirely different, it would have made much more sense. Still boring, but more sense.

So, as you may have noticed, the show today had me : :rolleyes: most of the time.

I was actually happy to see Eve mingling with some of the grown ups from Salem and then the last scene made it flush away.

Sonny and Paul scenes intense again!

Theresa and Melanie meet. Agreed with the Writer, catfights. Melanie protecting Brady or will she end up with him? grrr. I may be Team Theresa....insert evil laugh.

So it's been a little over a month since the "Sami" show ended and now we have the "Melanie" show. Including the very brief scene on Friday 11/21, she has been on 7 straight days. Let's hope tomorrow we will catch a break. I'm also sick of the fact that it's the same damn day in Salem!! If I have to see that stupid flouncy coat and too short dress once more I'm going to scream. I FF'd anything JJ/Jennifer/Eve/Paige. It's just not worth my time. I, too, hope that isn't foreshadowing about Shane either. I could see these idiots killing him off offscreen just because viewers/posters have made comments about how ridiculous it would be to show Shane/Eve as father/daughter given the small age difference with the actors. I think Kassie DePaiva (Eve) is a great actress but I still can't take her seriously in this role.

Just an aside about Melanie and money....correct me if wrong but didn't she get a multi-million dollar settlement in her divorce from Philip? Did she give that all to charity or something? I know we don't know the circumstances yet surrounding the reason for all the cash in her purse and many people continue working even when they already have a lot of money but Daniel asked her if she was having money issues or something. It's just weird to me.

I wish this show could maintain some consistency in terms of quality, we had two episodes that I would say were pretty good-last Wednesday and Monday followed by two episodes-yesterday and today-that while I didn't feel were terrible rated just a shrug and a "meh".

I thought the best scenes were definitely between Sonny and Paul. For the first time I really felt some depth with Paul. That his feelings for Sonny were real and so is his regret. I just want there to be more to the character then just his struggle with his sexuality. It's just boring when a character is defined by one thing in my opinion and to really get into a character I just need more then that. But after today's scenes I'm willing to to be patient.

On the other hand we have the Eve-JJ-Paige saga. Well I'm done, I've washed my hands of it, "no more of this" says I. I just pick up a book and start reading when their scenes come on. I just don't care anymore.

Melanie: I wasn't watching the first time she was so she's new to me and I'm not tired of her yet. I just wonder if the next time she's on do you think she'll do something unexpected like...look in her bag and stare at the money? There's some thrills and chills there, folks.

I just wonder if the next time she's on do you think she'll do something unexpected like...look in her bag and stare at the money? There's some thrills and chills there, folks.
:rotfl::rotfl:

Well, I WAS watching last time Melanie was one, and while I liked her theft capers in Europe, when she got back to Salem, she did not wear well for me. And once she became daughter of Dr. Dan & Carly, it was over. And then add the egg baby gramma to the mix, and.....nope. Was glad she left, and so far, her time in Salem has been yawnville. This "surprise, surprise, surprise" reminds me of Gomer Pyle, lol. Hey, maybe she will go open a checking account, put the money there. Or rent a safety deposit box and stash it there. Nahhhh. She likes looking at it way too much.
So...she scammed someone, who now is looking to get their money back. At least, that is what it looks like.

The Paul and Sonny scenes were pure gold, in my opinion, and very true to life. There are a ton of gay people who think they can live this double life, and it's very hard on all concerned. That being said, Paul needs to accept that Sonny said NO.

I like the angle they're playing Paul's story from also. I don't know what it's like but I imagine it's very difficult wanting to be free to be yourself but you fear doing so could possibly ruin your life in the process. And although Sonny said "no" today, I have a feeling it will be him who will be seeking Paul out in the near future.

Paige, JJ, Jennifer, Eve : I don't care ! Too bad, as JJ had potential, but now, he's being dragged down by this boring/disgusting storyline. Anyway, back to Eve. When I see her talk about "daddy", I find it ridiculous. :rolleyes: Daddy being Shane, and considering the actors (Kassie DePaiva and Charles Shaughnessy) only have a 6 years difference in real life, this is so ridiculous, Eve should have been somebody entirely different, it would have made much more sense. Still boring, but more sense.

This is what I've been saying all along and it's my #1 issue with the casting of Kassie Depaiva (Eve) in this role. I realize Eve is supposed to be early-mid 40s but no way I would believe that if she and Shane were in the same scene. TIIC should have waited for Charlotte Ross to become available again and cast Kassie as a new character altogether. She acts like one anyhow.

I hope Kimberly's call to Eve wasn't some terrible foreshadowing concerning Shane.

This may actually cause me to stop watching if this were to happen. I can't believe I'm saying this but maybe it's a reason to bring Kim and Shane to Salem to see the miracle doc? Because you know Salem University Hospital is better than any possible hospital in Los Angeles.

It is indeed the Melanie and Paul show now instead of the Sami and EJ show.

I didn't realize the show was now airing repeats because I could have sworn most of today was a repeat of yesterday.

I laughed when Eve walked out of the bushes :)

Interesting call Eve got from Kim today. Too bad Nicole
showed up when Eve was with Eric. It would have better
if she had drink with him then listening to JJ and Paige.

Nicole's line about Melanie was funny "Daniel's judgmental spawn"

I wonder how long it will be before Theresa and Melanie realize
their connection to Brady. It's been awhile since we've seen
Theresa's special purse.

Paul is an interesting character. We get to see someone who
is trying to hide from everyone who he really is. I wonder how/who
will "out" him later.

Thanks for the summary.
I'm over the whole Eve/teens storyline. Boring. But I'm glad her and Nicole met. I'm hoping they become drinking buddies. I'm also glad JJ gets to see a counselor, but like HM, I still want to see him confiding with Daniel. Sure Haggifer told Danny Boy to avoid her kids, but she needs to understand that they're grown and make their own decisions. Plus, even if Daniel avoids them, they can always go to him.

I liked the Melanie and Theresa scenes. Too bad they're most likely going to be enemies. I think this will be the new Sami-Nicole relationship on the show. Melanie has always reminded me of Sami and Theresa of Nicole.

Paul & Sonny is getting more complex and interesting than I thought it would be. I'll stay tuned for that.

The rest of the show sounds kind of like dull filler.

The Days of Melanie's life has arrived :rolleyes:. I was willing to give Melanie a chance as a character since she came back, but she has been on every single day since the 21st of November. It has also been the same day in Salem for about two weeks now. Can they at least move the days along a little bit faster? Like everyone else, I am tired of seeing her in that dress and that coat.

I have not missed JJ, Paige, and Eve for the past few episodes. They brought them on today, and it has been the same boring drivel. I am so tired of this storyline. That phone call from Kim about Shane to Eve seemed foreboding, but I wish they would have shown us that Kim also called Theresa on screen. That is Theresa's dad as well. I did like the meeting between Eve and Nicole. I feel that since both are outsiders they would get along fairly well with each other and share snarky stories with one another.

I actually thought that scene between Melanie and Theresa was interesting. It would be nice if a friendship could be formed between these two despite the fact that Melanie is Daniel's daughter, and Abigail's friend, as Theresa hates both of them. I have always felt that Salem residents treated Theresa a lot the same way they treated Melanie when she first came to Salem, and they could actually emphasize with each other. However, as soon as they find out about each other, I'm sure the writers are going to take the predictable route with the two of them and Melanie will turn on Theresa for what happened with Brady.

When Paul first came on I found him to be a boring character, but as soon as he saw Sonny, I saw the love and the longing between the two of them and I am intrigued. I'm glad Sonny told Paul about his marriage to Will today, but I am interested to see where this story will go.

The Days of Melanie's life has arrived :rolleyes:. I was willing to give Melanie a chance as a character since she came back, but she has been on every single day since the 21st of November.
It's good of you to be willing to give too-cute Melanie a chance, but if her plot line doesn't move along, the impossible may happen -- viewers may start getting nostalgic for the EJ-Sami show. Elsewhere, Salem's meddling mothers were out in force: Eve pestering Paige, Ms. Sleeveless once again bugging poor JJ about his love life, and busybody queen, Adrienne, giving Sonny unwanted advice about Paul Narita. Now that Brady is back on the straight and narrow, egg-mommy Maggie should start a support group for mothers whose whole lives appear to revolve around their adult children's relationships.

If you were Melanie, maybe you might want to spend a bit of it..on a place of your own, furniture, a new coat, maybe? LOL.
@Dr.Bakerfan.....heck, among those ever meddling mothers, even eggmommie Maggie was over at Daniel's asking questions about Melanie, etc. etc. At least she left when Nicole arrived, though she was probably dying to know about the shower. LOL

Back