Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 1, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Gabi & Abby are in the Pub, trying to figure out how they can end or prevent the war between the 3 families. Deimos is meeting with Brady & Sonny, filling them in on the Orwell, explaining all the ways the device can make them tons of money. The key to make the device operational is coming tonight at 10 p.m. The device can aid in learning what anyone, anywhere is saying, doing, etc. Sonny & Brady don't want any more violence, Deimos just assures them all will be well. Sonny doesn't like the device being out, goes to put it in the safe (behind a huge mirror). Ari comes rushing in, Sonny has her wait til Daddy puts away something very valuable. He does, closes it all up, Ari watches. Nanny Emma comes, apologizes for Ari running off while she was changing Tate's diaper. She takes Ari. The guys continue to discuss.

Out in the foyer, Adrienne has come in, eavesdrops. Finally, Sonny & Brady agree to go along with everything, as long as there is no problems at Pier 19. Nope, no one knows.

Adrienne drops her purse, stuff spills out, Deimos opens the door, she makes flimsy excuse, has to leave, hugs Sonny, leaves. Sonny & Deimos return, Brady is waiting, they make their final agreement, shake hands. Meanwhile, Adrienne meets with Jen, tells her about Pier 19, Jen takes off, wearing the usual Salem baseball cap disguise.

Eduardo comes into the office where Dario is on the laptop, is not happy that Dario resorted to violence. He gives him a huge lecture, no more, you put a hit on Deimos, you poked a snake. Dario seems a bit contrite, says the ship is coming tonight, Pier 19. Eduardo warns him to be cool, if anything looks a bit sideways, call me.

Nicole comes downstairs, runs into sympathetic Maggie, who gives her a big sympathetic pep talk about the entire situation, the stabbing, Holly, Chloe, Brady, and yep, Daniel's name is mentioned AGAIN. Hugs, thank you, etc.

Sonny brings Ari into the Pub, Gabi & Abby already know they have to try and pump him for info. He lays his keys on the table, Abby grabs them, leaves to "take a phone call". Gabi presses Sonny, about what is going on, if they are in danger, she has to know, blah, blah. Sonny is mum. Abby returns as he is leaving, he looks for his keys, she pretends they fell on the floor, gives them, he goes. She sneaks a peek of a new key to Gaby, (she evidently had it made, or it is from his key ring) & they figure they can now get in the house, but where would it be. Gabi decides to ask Ari if she ever saw a safe, yes. Gabi asks what is inside...black box. Ahhh. The girls now only have to figure how to get into it.

Jen is down at the docks, overhears a dock worker saying the shipment was moved from Pier 19 to Pier 27 She starts to head that way, the guy sees her, stops her, dock is an odd place for a lady to be at night. Funny scene follows as Jen starts in about her lousy "Bobby", who leaves her alone all the time, expecting her to just have his chicken ready when he comes in, whenever that is. She is shouting, poking the guy, telling him he is just like Bobby. He takes off. She heads over to Pier 27, and lets herself in some storage warehouse, I guess. She finds something to pry open the boxes...saying there are so many it would take her 5 years to find the key. She begins with a fairly long box, pries open the lid at last, opens it, and....looks rather surprised.

Dario is leaving the club, 2 goons show up, he says they just closed up, one says it is o.k. they only need a few minutes. And they proceed to beat him senseless...yes, we see it. Later, he is down on the ground, Nicole arrives, what the heck happened. He is bleeding, nose, mouth, mutters, Deimos, Deimos did this.

Chad & Andre sit in a cafe in the square, talking, talking talking. Andre is happy that Chad & Abby are solid now, will do anything for them. Quite a long conversation. They get into business, Andre thinks Chad is doing so well with the company, blah, blah, Chad did not like the ship being sunk, Andre claims it was just a warning. Chad says no more of that sort of thing, and in the course of this meeting, word comes about the ship coming at 10 p.m. at Pier 19. Andre is sipping his wine, as he talks, Chad doesn't seem to be doing so. Father is mentioned a couple times, Andre is proud of Chad, glad he has him for a brother. He refills his glass, takes a few more sips, they are about to end their little meeting, he gets an odd look on his face, drops his glass, starts trying to loosen his tie. Alarmed, Chad gets up, Andre is falling to the floor.

And while Dario is being beaten, and Andre being poisoned, Deimos sits in the dark, at his piano, playing somber chords, as scenes go back and forth between them all.

Possibly....but the device was supposed to be in some sort of code. The device seems like it would need more than a person to press a button, or put in a row of numbers & symbols...

However, it does seem ridiculous to be sending whatever it is via ship......why not Fed Ex? Private messenger? Plane?

In fact, always makes me laugh at how big shipping is in Salem, which only has access to rivers. I mean they are close by to Chicago, west of Chicago in fact, while Chicago is on the shores of Lake Michigan. Middle of the country, far from the oceans. So, am guessing shipping comes via the mighty Mississippi. Yep, Ol man river does feed into various other rivers.......why not. Ha.

The writers simply have no mercy. Having already inflicted on the viewers the never-ending Prague and Hope-in-prison plots, they now subject them to the the absurd Abby-Gabi adventure in which they will presumably somehow get into a wall safe for which they don't have the combination. (Did Gabi learn the fine art of safe-cracking while doing time for the murder of Tricky Nicky?) Not satisfied with this, they have tossed in the nonsensical Jenny-on-the-piers scenario in which the sleeveless dresses fan, cleverly disguised with a cap (what else?), searches for something about whose appearance she hasn't a clue. (Doesn't Jenny remember how she temporarily lost her heart (literally) while meddling in a criminal plot.) As for Deimos, the scene in which he played piano by candlelight while his enemies were put in a world of hurt brought to mind the old 1971 Abominable Dr. Phibes film in which the revenge-minded, homicidal title character enjoyed playing the organ.

Jennifer Rose was on 3 days in a row. Will she be on again tomorrow?

LOL at Jennifer having the fancier hat than Eric had. Love seeing Jen and Adrienne work together but it's no substitute for Jack Deveraux. And can they please dress down a bit if they are doing these investigations?

2 really big "umbrella" stories (Prague and "Orwell") yet each completely isolated from the other. I really hope Andre turns out to be the connecting point between the 2. I'm enjoying the individual character interactions but the stories and execution are falling flat.

Hopefully Nicole will wake up now but I'm guessing she'll just defend Deimos again.

Arianna is too cute for words. I hope Deimos doesn't target her next.

Oh, he figures all these countries will be knocking on their door, eager to buy. which is why Brady & Sonny were so concerned, if it fell into the wrong hands.....Deimos says no, they will be careful. Sonny only agrees because he would rather they control, rather than Andre' or Eduardo/Dario who none of them trust.

Call me crazy but of the stories going my favorite is the saga of the Orwell. Admittedly I don't give a hoot about the device itself but I'm loving the involvement of all the different characters and various schemes and strategies that are in play. Sure it's not exactly believable but I'm having fun with it. And after a weekend of battling a cold and a painful hacking cough good golly gosh I'm going grab onto whatever fun I can find! LOL

I will say that I suggest that Eric and Jennifer quit buying baseball caps that are using for disguises or invisibility at stores in Salem. They should try special ordering them from Gotham City or Metropolis those would surely work better. :)

Could Deimos be telling the truth about Andre having stole the Orwell himself and that he didn't really create it. "Say it ain't So, Joe,: :cry:

(That quote is in reference to the 1919 Black Sox scandal in which eight members of the Chicago White Sox who were accused of throwing the World Series to the Cincinnati Reds. One of the players was "Shoeless Joe Jackson which inspired the mournful newspaper headline "Say It ain't so, Joe." Eight Men Out was a movie that came out in 1988 and was based on the book that is considered the best documentation of the case was released. Ray Liotta played Joe Jackson in Field of Dreams in 1989. Thus concludes the movie history and Dark Moments in Sports trivia section of this post. LOL)

I loved every moment with Gabi and Abigail. I'm just digging their alliance and I hope it lasts because I just don't want them at each other's throats. And you gotta hand it to my Gabi for having the foresight in planing an undercover operative in the K-Mansion. I mean who have seen that twist coming right? LOL

Seriously when I just saw the bow on the top of Arianna's head navigating through the furniture I couldn't help grinning.

As far as the end sequence with the Dismal Duke of Darkness playing the piano amidst the scenes of Dario's beating and Andre choking to be if anything an homage to Stefano orchestrating similar mayhem with his conductor's baton.

An interesting episode.

Because JS talked about the music Deimos played before, I kept thinking about
Barry Manilow at the end. Maybe that's why Deimos wears his black jacket
inside so
we don't forget he's a villain.

I laughed when Jen talked about finding the key because she knows what
one looks like. Finding that kind of a key would be harder than finding a
needle in
a haystack. On the other side of Salem, her daughter stole
Sonny's keys and made a copy :)

Arianna was the best thing on the show. She walked and talked.

I kept wondering if Brady was going to try out for a band with since
he was wearing a vest.

Will Nicole believe Dario that Deimos hurt him?

We heard the word family a lot today on the show.

Last edited:
Since Orwell is apparently some type of computer part, the "key" could be a dongle, which looks like a flashdrive. Dongles are sometimes referred to as keys or dongle keys.

dongle.jpg

That meme with Ari kind of makes me wish they had played the Pink Panther theme when the camera first showed her bow. Like she was actually trying to be stealthy and would have really done her mommy proud. LOL

Thanks for the summary, and for all the comments. I just finished watching yesterday's show, so I won't get to see this one until tomorrow, at least.

Troy, it is so interesting that you talked about the ball player thing. Just this morning my husband was telling me that there used to be a baseball player called, "Shoeless Joe." How odd is that?

Just Samantha, when I was reading the summary I was thinking the same thing about, what if Ari has some kind of superior ability to read and she remembers those numbers?

This episode sounds a good deal more interesting than yesterday's.

That is odd Old Cowgirl. if you want to know what's even odder I have never seen either of the movies I mentioned or read anything about the case. Everything I know I remember from watching Siskel and Ebert review Eight Men Out back in 1988 and I knew that's where I heard the "Say it ain't so, Joe" line and I wanted to use it so I Wikipediaed the incident just to make sure I had the context and Joe Jackson's last name correct and I did. I know my mind is a funny place sometimes. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I am from Chicago, and had heard of the incident thru the years.....but if you have not seen Field of Dreams, whether you are a sports or baseball fan or not, tis really a good movie....and yes, when I saw it, I nearly fell off the chair when Shoeless Joe Jackson appeared.

Back