Days of Our Lives - Wed. Feb. 14, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday. February 14, 2018

Our Salemites are celebrating Valentine's Day, or trying to, as best they can. Hope comes to see Rafe, says she is going to hospital to see Steve, Rafe decides to go with her, they leave the cop shop. Kayla comes into Steve's room, kisses him lightly, but he is awake, has a vase of flowers sitting on the side table, just for her. He would not forget their anniversary. Dr. Shah comes in, says Steve has to have complete bed rest, no getting out of bed at all. Steve not too happy about that, Shah leaves, as in comes Hope & Rafe. Kayla follows the dr. out, tells Hope & Rafe to make sure he stays in bed. Steve is gonna dance at their wedding on May lst, for sure. Hope corrects him, it is March 1st. Uh, oh, that is in 2 weeks. He then orders them to leave, knowing they have lots to do.

They are in the square (where else) run into Ciara & Tripp. Hugs, greetings, Hope wants Ciara to go wedding shopping with her, Ciara can't tomorrow, but day after is fine. Good deal, more hugs, they part. Now at a special spot, the one where Rafe had set up a camping spot when he proposed to her. She is getting a bit overwhelmed with all the hoopla, wants to forego the rehearsal dinner, even the rehearsal. Rafe is fine with that. Now he gives her this shopping bag he has been carting around, with just a small jewelry box inside. (so silly). She opens to find this huge sort of pearl rope of a necklace, is really puzzled. Rafe says it is a Mexican custom, called El Laza, supposed to bind them together or something. She drapes it around her shoulder, and then around Rafe's, pulling him for a kiss. And now she mentions this camping spot, and says she wants them to go camping on Smith Island, the day before their wedding, and no, she doesn't believe it will be bad luck to see her the day of the wedding, as she wants to wake up with him every morning, forever. Kiss, kiss.

Jennifer is in the square, Tripp eating some special donut (or cupcake) she made for Julie for the club. He says it is delicious, Eric comes along, would like to taste one, Nope, for the club, Julie would kill her. He asks her to have dinner, but she is meeting Henry, and they will be having dinner together, he says to have a wonderful evening, and leaves. Off to the Pub for him, joining Roman & Anna, who says yammers about Eric not being able to be with the one he loves, she remembers when Tony died, it took her forever before she decided she should perhaps move on. (looking at Roman). She knows he loves Nicole, overheard him. Huh? So she tells of hearing him talking to Roman, who now corrects her, Eric was talking of Jennifer, not Nicole. Eric chimes in that Nicole left him, it hurt, but she did, and he moved on. He loves Jen, not Nicole. Uh, oh, Anna confesses she told Jen Eric was still hung up on Nicole. So, that is why she began pulling away after New Year's. Eric gets up, leaves, going to find Jennifer.

Brady is calling Granddad, telling him he has followed the plan, wined and dined Eve, (and yes, idiot is saying all this with his back to the open door) has gotten close to her, and figures he will soon be getting his job back. Eve has entered the room for the last few words, wonders just what he means. He claims that he has been off the sauce, and now promised Victor he would go to a few meetings. This intrigues Eve. And who comes into the room but Tate. Both Brady & Eve do a lot of talking since the little boy isn't saying a word, but eventually he holds out a Valentine he supposedly made for his daddy. Brady makes a fuss, Tate has another one, for mommy, he misses her, and he says so aloud. A bit later, he is asking when he will see Mommy, Eve tells him he should make other cards, lots of glitter, etc. put them all in one box, and when he sees his mommy, he can give her all of them at once. Tate is gone, Eve tells of calling Theresa last week, leaving voice mail, no return call. Brady says at one time he was hoping she would return, if not for him, for Tate, but no go. He doesn't want Eve to try and call Theresa again. They jabber a bit about being friends, sort of, and both agree they are. They kiss, she heads up to bed, he stays down, gets text from Victor, complimenting him on what he has done, continue to take that “B” down.

Jen is with Dr. Shah, just finishing up dinner. He has enjoyed himself, she says yes, she has had a nice time. He mentions Eric, but she says Eric is really in love with another woman, so she figures she has to move on. Julie arrives with a tray of “desserts” and just one of Jen's donuts is all that is left. Eric has arrived, Julie spots him, knows something is in the air, says something about the donut being made with love, smiles and leaves. Just as Dr. Shah is about to grab that donut, Eric is there, don't touch it. That donut was made for me!

Ciara sees Tripp checking his phone, no word about his dad. Come with me....taking him to where the motorcycle sits. Want to go for a ride, wind in your face, blowing troubles away. She climbs on, he gets on behind her. Both put the helmets on, she says he has to hold her around the waist, or he will be pulled off. He does so, she seems to rev up the engine.

Over to the hospital, Kayla is back in Steve's room, he says the pills got to him, and he now is dozing off. Rest well, my love, she kisses his cheek. Now she pulls the card out that is nestled in the flowers, reads what Steve wrote “not good with words, all I can say, is I love you”. She lays the card on the table, and crawls onto the bed besides the sleeping Steve, kissing his neck as she snuggles in close, holding his hand.

Last edited:
She opens to find this huge sort of pearl rope of a necklace, is really puzzled. Rafe says it is a Mexican custom, called El Laza, supposed to bind them together or something. She drapes it around her shoulder, and then around Rafe's, pulling him for a kiss.
I remember Sami and Rafe's quickie wedding in the park that one time, and there was some kind of white rope they tied during the ceremony.

Since it's Valentine's Day, thought everyone might enjoy these flashback pictures:

Steve and his "Little Sweetness"

amandastephen.jpg
stephanie.gif

Overall sounds like a pretty good Days episode. I, of course, am exasperated that they refuse to return Jack and are forcing a new relationship for Jennifer. Everyone survives death in Salem except Jack.

Jenny: She says that her secret donut ingredient is cinnamon? Lies. Anyone who's been watching Days for a while knows that it's really potent pot.

Eric: The sourpuss has now branched out into donut snatching. If Dr. Henry Shah hasn't decided that half the population in Salem is bonkers, this might have done it.

Tater Tot: He's a very cute child. Eve might be wondering how her sketchy sister, Jeannie T., could ever had produced such an attractive tot.

Victor: Now he's telling Brady to gut Eve "like a fish?" If Maggie learns of this mean-spirited, colorful terminology, she'll cut off his warm milk and cookies.

Steve: Why was Kayla surprised that he could order yellow roses from his hospital bed? After all, this is the same man who once ordered pizzas for his fellow mental hospital patients and charged them to an attendant's credit card.

John: It's too bad he didn't see the nice scene today between Steve and Kayla. If he had, maybe he'd be hanging his head in shame and sending in his resignation to the awful ISA.

Jenny: She says that her secret donut ingredient is cinnamon? Lies. Anyone who's been watching Days for a while knows that it's really potent pot.
Maybe Salem can legalize medical marijuana and Jenny can open a dispensary. In addition to medical marijuana, she can sell pot-laced doughnuts. Imagine how proud Alice would be!

Eric is neither suave nor attractive in his caveman like approach to claiming Jennifer's donut. Totally ridiculous. He needs to clean up and lighten up, mind his own business, and invite Jennifer to lunch to have an adult conversation about his concerns. His behavior is a real turn-off.

Brady: DIE. Marlena is your mother because she raised you, and loved you. She wasn't trying to replace your mother. Kindly get the poker treatment from your obviously-about-to-come-back-sometime ex-lover, whom you hate so much and who suddenly is a hot topic of conversation.

Speaking of, if he doesn't get the poker treatment, I hope he at least disowns Victor for concealing what he knows, which has ruined his miserable life.

Rafe/Hope: Blah.

I like Dr Shah. I hope he's not evil like all of Jen's other clean-shaven boyfriends.

Eric/Jen/Anna/Roman: Please don't tell anyone in study hall about my crush. :sick::sick::rolleyes:

Thanks, Poirot.

An interesting Valentine show.

I guess the only reason we saw Roman and Anna today was so Anna
could tell Eric she talked to Jennifer. After Eric left, we didn't see them again.
I wanted to hear what Roman said to Anna about her gossiping.

I hope Brady isn't falling for Eve. He gave her that look when she was
talking to Tater Tot. Later, Brady seemed annoyed at the text Victor sent
him too.

Sad scene at end with Steve and Kayla.

-----------------
Here is link about the el lazo

https://blog.catholicfaithstore.com/getting-lassoed-wedding-history-wedding-lasso-rosary/

wedding-lasso.jpg

Back