Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 18, 2015

Another good show today.

Very pleased that Melanie was using a regular voice when talking with Serena today. Serena, too was not sporting her "crazy eyes" today.

Ugh with Jennifer and JJ- I get being concerned about the grades, but for Pete's sake - I can't take her nagging about his sex life! "Is it someone I know?" oh my!

Nicole and Daniel - I feel like this has been done and said so many times. They can't be friends but he and Jennifer can be? Move on, Nicole!!!!

Theresa and Eve are pretty awful but I couldn't help but laugh at their scene at the coffee shop! Double teamed by the evil sisters! LOL I think it's going over the top with how Theresa keeps going on about her hot guy.

Hope and Aiden, I agree with Poirot - super acting today!!

Will/Sonny/Paul - also good acting! Paul may have jumped the gun a bit going to Sonny but I almost felt bad for him, and I definitely felt for Sonny.

I am at the point where I want someone, anyone in Salem, to find out about JJ and Eve. Since this is a week of reveals that is the one story I wanted wrapped up above all of the others. It has dragged out too long. I would even have accepted JJ telling Daniel today, and as I cannot stand Daniel being involved in every story line, it tells how bad I find this story and want it over.

On the other hand, I really felt Sonny's pain when he realized Will cheated with Paul. Will could not even see the pain Sonny was in. He just acted so happy he had the wedding ring to give back to Sonny.

I feel like the Hope/Aiden story changed over time. It felt like a revision of what was originally planned, and I am not sure how Bree still plays into this story. It does not fit with what Aiden told Hope today.

The writers truly have no mercy. They put together an interesting episode, but is was a real carnival of misery featuring: Paul, Sonny, Aiden, etc.; Jenny sticking her nose into her son's love life (yet again); the Love Doctor condescending to Nicole; and Jeannie T. behaving badly. And if this wasn't bad enough, there was the JJ-Eve "Hate Boink IV." The bubonic plague sweeping through Salem would have been more uplifting. As for the hate-boinkers, as asked in a previous post, will JJ not only spend the night, but will Eve also serve him breakfast in bed?

I read your arguments Poirot and Jason and I still fail to see how Paul shares any blame in this affair. The most he did was not listen to Sonny's proclamations of loving his husband and telling him to move on. That's it. People flirt with married folks all the time. People pursue married people every day, but it's up to the married people not to act on the flirtation or the pursuit. Paul took no oath to honor Sonny and Will's marriage vows. Is his constant pursuit of Sonny a sign of indecency, sure, but does it make him partially responsible for Sonny's husband cheating on him, no.

And now, Will has only given Paul more reason to pursue Sonny.

I believe at the end Will noticed something was wrong; now he will have to deal with Sonny's wrath for not doing what he originally intended and that was to confess. Will was wrong by taking off his wedding ring.

Re: Chase/Aiden/Hope. Chase was a 4 year old child. He would never have been charged with anything. It would just have been a tragic accident. Who says Aiden isn't protecting himself? He is supposed to be such a smart lawyer. MY opinion!!

I'm right there with you. I think Aiden's hiding behind Chase to cover his own butt because he actually killed Meredith. That or Chase purposely killed his mother lol. There was too much emphasis months ago on Chase doing that internet search on Hope's wealth, and too much talk of Meredith's wealth for this to be as simple as Chase accidentally killing his mom.

I'm not arguing (at least I don't think I am) that Paul is responsible to Sonny for his affair with Will. That is 100000% on Will as far as I'm concerned. But that doesn't mean I'll ever like Paul. He's sleazy, smarmy, and self-centred. Is there a single molecule of doubt that the entire "ready to be with Sonny" garbage is only because his career as a baseball player is over? Congrats Sonny, you're second choice!!! :sick:

However, it is just possible that Sonny currently lacks access to the Salem brain, and he is functioning on raw emotion, and is so angry at Will and Paul that he hasn't considered his ex is a giant dope. I'm sure at some point he'll realise that Paul did nothing wrong (he better at least), but he's right to tell Paul to kiss off. Because even though Paul's innocent of INTENTIONALLY harming Sonny, there's no way Sonny & Paul could ever work now. (Well, anywhere but Salem, that would be true, at least.)

Of course, the way these writers work, Sonny will suddenly become the giant ego that thinks he's Sami 2.7.1, and that all who love him should wait for him, thus giving him the right to be angry at Paul for not "saving" himself for the day Sonny was available. :sick:

And I feel it important to re-iterate that I find it absolutely improbable that Sonny never ONCE mentioned his husband by name when speaking with Paul. Really crappy writing. Anybody I've interacted with (in person at least) more than 3 times knows my husband's name, even though he's like a blue moon, and doesn't appear too.

replaced word...JS

I think Aiden's hiding behind Chase to cover his own butt because he actually killed Meredith.
I'm taking it at face value as long as it means we move along now.
Re: Chase/Aiden/Hope. Chase was a 4 year old child. He would never have been charged with anything. It would just have been a tragic accident. Who says Aiden isn't protecting himself? He is supposed to be such a smart lawyer. MY opinion!!
It wasn't that he was worried about Chase being charged. He didn't want Chase to remember that he killed his own mother. What child would want to live with that as they grew up?

I'm not arguing (at least I don't think I am) that Paul is responsible to Sonny for his affair with Will.

When I say arguments I meant rebuttal. Not literal arguing lol. :)

It wasn't that he was worried about Chase being charged. He didn't want Chase to remember that he killed his own mother. What child would want to live with that as they grew up?
Now by telling Hope, he's ensured Chase will remember. :rotfl:Tis the way of soaps. Only a matter of time before Chase starts having dreams of his mom bleeding on him.

As much as I enjoyed the scenes between Aiden and Hope today, I wish they would have happened a month or more ago. This whole thing has dragged on so long I'm finding it hard to care whether they make it as a couple or not.

Why yet another silly encounter between Dr. Dan and Nicole? We get it, already. Shut up and move along, Danny Boy.

I have nothing to say about JJ and Eve except ENOUGH ALREADY.

Paul should have left town when he said he was going to. Talking to Marlena won't fix things one bit. Will can go straight to you-know-where, he's dead to me.

And oh, Sonny. :cry:

Thanks for the summary.
I'm not gonna even mentioned the pointless crap with Jenny, Danny Boy, Theresa, Melanie, Serena or Nicole. Boring and terribly-written. Especially Daniel's double standards regarding Nicole and Jennifer. I, too, remember the stuff with Navidad coming out in the spoilers a few months back.

Eve and JJ Hookup round 4 and a half (I'm counting that almost-romp in the Horton House) was disgusting but predictable. I still can't wait for the **** to hit the fan with that storyline! And the look on Jennifer's face?!:rotfl:

Great acting by Aiden today--great storyline. But if Hope can cover up for him and get away with it, why can't Rafe?

Also great acting by Sonny. I felt so bad for him. And while Paul may not have intentionally hurt Sonny, he still slept with Will knowing he was in a serious relationship AND made passes at Sonny, whom he knew was happily married. He's a sleaze ball.

Edited disguised word...Poirot

Another great show. I'm not sure what story line was best. Either
Aiden/Hope or Sonny's drama.

Poor Sonny, he just found out the man he wanted to marry first
did it with his husband. Only in Salem.

I wonder how much Paul will tell Marlena before he finds
out Will is her grandson.

Will Hope and Aiden be able to keep the secret about Chase?
Shouldn't they keep the evidence just in case it's needed later.

Today we found out Rafe is visiting his sick mother. At least,
his name was mentioned.

I enjoyed Theresa's comment to Jen about JJ and Abby. We
needed a laugh today.

I hope tomorrow's show is good too.

No, it was not Nicole. The woman talking to Serena sounded nothing like Nicole. Plus, Poirot already said her Closed Captioning referred to the woman on the phone as "Navidad".

Hmmmmmm... I reckon I'd best get me to the hearing aid store! It's not the first time I've mis-heard dialog.

@Jason, great new sig line. I'm glad you've finally come around to my way of thinking! :)

@Kat:
Shouldn't they keep the evidence just in case it's needed later.

Absolutely!

He could have just told a 4 year old any reason for Mommy dying. Just because I can remember a few things that far back, doesn't mean everyone would. Everyone to their own opinion!!

A four year old shooting and killing their mother would've been front page news in the area (probably even making the national news, as did the real story of the toddler accidentally shooting and killing its mother in Walmart a few months ago). There was no way Aiden could have prevented Chase from finding out if he hadn't hidden the truth.

Yes, absolutely. And then, Hope said that Chase could remember at some point in time (Bree in particular) and Aiden said they had moved several times before they came to Salem.... since Meredith's death.

I tell my husband so many things that are only between him & myself. I understand Will wasn't allowed to tell who his story was about, but he could have told Sonny. Sonny would have kept his secret and he also could have told Sonny how his editor even wanted him to take off his ring during his interviewing. What kind of marriage was this, that it had no trust? I guess it turned out to be a failed marriage as even Sonny hid so much about the new club & the money from Will.. Such a shame as this marriage had promise at the start.

Back