Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 21, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday. February 21, 2018

Eric wakes up in bed, smiling as he remembers Jen coming to see him the night before. He answers a knock at the door, to find Jen bringing him a donut. He teases about gaining weight, they decide to go out for breakfast.

Brady is on the phone with Paul, getting filled in on yesterday's events, promises to call dad soon (!!!), hangs up, then asks Victor what he is doing back already. Thought he was going to spend entire vacation in Chicago. Victor came in response to Brady's text, wants to make sure he is continuing to take Eve down. Yep, of course. Eve walks in, hearing how he “wants nothing to do with her”, but Brady claims he was talking about Theresa, the Valentine Tate made, blah, blah. They decide to go out for breakfast.

And of course, run into Eric & Jen, who WERE having a lovely meal, until the spoilers arrived. Brady is super nasty to Eric, and also to Jennifer, with Eve chiming in about Jen as well. It was really nasty, with Brady finally declaring to Jen that if Nicole called Eric right now, said she needed him, he would drop Jen in an instant. Thankfully, the bitter duo takes off, Eric assures Jen he is over Nicole. Yes he loved her, Jen says “and I loved Jack”, but says that is all in the past, he is over her, loves Jennifer, wants to be with her, she with him, kiss, kiss. (Eric does smile a lot, for a change)

Ciara is in the loft, on the phone, assuring mom she is fine, hangs up as a rather haggard looking Claire comes in. Ciara is surprised to see her back so soon, but Claire claims she never left. O'Hare was socked in, she spent the night on the floor, trying to sleep, and then her flight got cancelled. Something about the short flight in Africa to Johannesburg only going once a week, so she missed that, and the entire trip.

Ciara tells her (we don't hear) about last night's events, Claire talks of the baseball bat, which Ciara notes she did not get to use. Later, Ciara is studying something or other, Claire comes in to use the keyboard, creating a song for the wedding, they get into a big argument about who should stop, who should leave the room, yada, yada, and in comes Tripp, yelling for them to stop.

Earlier, at the hospital, Kayla is in Steve's empty room, touching the covers, rereading the card that he enclosed with the yellow roses, then sitting on the bed, crying. Tripp comes in, thinks the worst, (pause for commercial here, of course) but Kayla assures him Steve is fine, is up on 4th floor for some tests. He is going to be o.k., and she then talks of Tripp's ordeal, hugging him, so glad he is alright. Nurse wheels in Steve, who is happy to see the two embracing.

Kayla leaves the room after getting Steve settled in bed, Tripp & Steve talk, Tripp blaming himself for attempting to frame Kayla, Steve saying no, not your fault. Joey wanted to confess from the beginning, both Kayla & I did not want that, it was killing him. Right now, he is more at peace than he has been all his life. Hugs. Tripp says when he came in, empty bed, Kayla crying, he thought he would never get a chance to tell Steve how much he appreciated him & Kayla making him a part of their family, and that he loves him. More hugs, Steve loves him, too, tells Tripp that was a wonderful thing he tried to do, give up his life to save his father.......but never do that again. !!!d

John & Marlena sit in the Pub, having breakfast, but John is full of guilt, beating himself up over not doing something different, not making Steve suffer, putting him at risk. Marlena notes he was being watched constantly, and Pamela undoubtedly had access to hospital records. If Steve had not shown signs of distress, Pamela would have come in with someone else to end Steve's life. John knows she is right, but wishes he could have come up with something better. He now gives her a Valentine box, containing a certificate for a a trip, anywhere in the world, as long as she is accompanied only by John Black. She loves it, just the two of them. He tells her more in the box, and there is, beautiful string of pearls. She is overwhelmed, and goes over, sits on John's lap, hugs and a quick kiss.

Maggie comes in to talk to Victor, has his phone, wants to know what he & Brady are up to in re: Eve. She saw the text messages. He is surprised she was nosing into his phone. Nope, she was looking for pics from their trip. She reads the couple of texts Victor sent to Brady, telling him to reel her in, then gut her like a fish. What is going on. Victor talks of how Eve butted her way into their lives, Maggie talks of her losing her daughter, only daughter, who was murdered. Then her only sister disappears. She talks of how much love Eve has and gives to Tate, Victor's great grandson. Victor notes he is not Mickey Horton, and she agrees with that. She married Victor, thinking he was putting these kinds of shenanigans behind him. She wants him to tell Eve what he & Brady are doing. In walks Brady & Eve, hoping they are not interrupting. Maggie gives Victor a look, he just appears uncomfortable

Tripp scolds both girls, tired of coming home to their squabbling, so much for their truce. Claire starts to explains why she is back, he says Theo already texted him, Claire hugs him, glad he is alright, then decides she will go to her room to work on the song after all. She manages to turn on the recorder as she leaves. Tripp & Claire chat a bit about their ordeal, and then Steve, who is doing fine now. Ciara is commenting on how she just could not be all...you poor girl” to Claire with her canceled flight, and she still is asking about what I told you. Tripp is surprised Claire is still wanting to know, and the camera shows the recorder going, recording every word.

Kayla comes into Steve's room with the test results, one thing has risen to the bottom end of the range, his sodium level still low, so she will adjust his meds on that. He doesn't understand the medical jargon, she sits on the bed to show him the stats, this is your reading, this is normal. The sheet blurs up for Steve......Baby, I think we have a problem.
Later, Kayla has come in the door, Steve says “Well?” She is silent, looks upset.

Last edited:
Well, after two top-notch episodes in a row, today proves that when bases are loaded you can't always score a slam dunk. Hmm, well I guess coming up with new sports metaphors isn't exactly my forte, but you never know unless you try, right? Anyway, my point is today wasn't as good as the past two episodes, in my very humble opinion.

Eric and Jennifer: Eric says he "feels sorry for Brady and Eve because they don't have what we have." Does he mean how he and Jennifer have been apart for weeks over some totally infantile misunderstanding that could have been resolved in three seconds if they would have just talked to each other? Oh, yeah Brady and Eve have NO idea what they are missing out on. They would just be so jealous, I mean who wouldn't? :sarcasm:

Three's Company 2.0 (or if you prefer the Terrible Teen Trio): I was planning on unleashing more witty repartee but I've got nothing. This is way past wash-spin-repeat. They need to either give these three an actual story or Shut. This. Down. Ugh!

Three's Company 2.0 (or if you prefer the Terrible Teen Trio): I was planning on unleashing more witty repartee but I've got nothing. This is way past wash-spin-repeat. They need to either give these three an actual story or Shut. This. Down. Ugh!
Totally agree -- especially regarding Claire. Ciara was held at gunpoint and kidnapped and Little Trippy was seconds from death and all she wants to do is blather about a "secret." As for recording the Trippy-Ciara conversation, the YouTube flop is now guilty of what in New York is the Class E felony of eavesdropping. If only Melinda would find out and get her off the viewers' screens and into prison.

This episode did have some good lines.
  • Victor calling Eve a "burnt out lounge singer." He should keep that one in mind if Chloe ever reinvades the K-mansion.
  • Trippy yelling "shut up both of you" at Ciara and the unbearable Claire. How many viewers were yelling the same thing at home?
Finally some people talked a bit too much
  • Did Brady really have to play the Nicole card with sourpuss Eric? He's gloomy-looking enough without this extra encouragement.
  • Maggie overplayed her hand with Victor. Demanding that he fess up to the hated Eve was a bit much. Wouldn't quietly dropping the plot against her be good enough?

Thanks, Poirot.

So, Maggie found out what Victor and Brady to Eve because she was
looking for pictures on Victor's phone.

Happy to see Marlena and John celebrate Valentine's even though
it was after the holiday.

Should we feel sorry Claire couldn't visit Theo for Valentine's?
I think that will depend on each viewer.

Will Ciara and Tripp talk about Rafe sleeping with Sami while Claire
is taping their conversation? We'll have to keep watching to know that.

Something about the short flight in Africa to Johannesburg only going once a week, so she missed that, and the entire trip.
It was a cheap flight. Which makes sense because her grandparents are loaded and certainly would have helped out in this situation with getting her a first-class flight to see her paralyzed boyfriend.
Maggie gives Victor a look, he just appears uncomfortable
I can't believe after everything Victor's put her through, this appears to be the straw that has broken her.

I did like Victor's comment about not talking about family with "burnt-out lounge singers". It's good to know he can bring some snark without misogyny.

Lastly - what a snoozer of an episode. Yesterday was the exception when it should be the rule for sweeps. Again I must point out that with the bucks floating around, why does the loft have only 1 computer for this generation? I have 3 at my desk right now, plus a tablet.

Should we feel sorry Claire couldn't visit Theo for Valentine's?
I actually like Claire but hate how inconsistently she's written. She has no reason to be jealous of her psycho auntie. Unfortunately she's been relegated to supporting character in the storylines she should be leading.

Again I must point out that with the bucks floating around, why does the loft have only 1 computer for this generation? I have 3 at my desk right now, plus a tablet.
They weren't fighting over use of a computer. Ciara was using a laptop to make a video montage for the wedding. Claire was using a musical keyboard to do a song. Her musical keyboard was in the loft's main room. Ciara was telling Claire to stop working on her song, which was distracting Ciara.

What would the kidney have to do with blurry vision? Perhaps his optic nerve was affected by the drug?

Now you're in my line of work. (Prevention of Blindness) Renal failure can result in blurred vision, cataracts, and glaucoma.

In fact, that's one sign that my best friend's doctor told her to watch out for when they found reduced kidney function in December. Her vision blurred significantly at the beginning of February and she called her doctor. The doctor's office called an ambulance for her, and she was admitted to the hospital due to complete renal shut down. Is now on dialysis 3 days a week.

Decent episode aside from Eve. I must be in the minority but I thought this was the best episode of the week.

Ciara was telling Claire to stop working on her song, which was distracting Ciara.
Thanks for clarifying. Apparently I am not good at paying attention to the teen drivel. LOL I saw Ciara with the laptop and an angry look and the rest is a blur.

But again - that loft is plenty big, Ciara and/or Claire could have easily gone to another room, or the all-purpose square to do their work.
Decent episode aside from Eve.
I don't mind her, but it feels like she's disconnected from everything else and I don't like that. Characters need to have 3-4 connections around town to work.

The two teen girls seem to purposely be negative about anything and everything. Claire wanted to work on the song, Ciara was doing the montage, wanted Claire to leave. Claire said the keyboard is here, I have to be here, you can work in your room. Ciara says, I was here first......Are these two still in kindergarten? Claire listens to Ciara's brush with death, talks about nothing but Ciara getting close with Tripp. Ciara says, just friends, but is grinning like a Cheshire cat when Claire hugs Tripp to say I am back and glad you are :rolleyes:safe.

But again - that loft is plenty big, Ciara and/or Claire could have easily gone to another room, or the all-purpose square to do their work.
Not to mention, I believe keyboards have a jack to plug in earphones. So Claire could've mixed her music (or whatever she was doing) silently.

Back