Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 22, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Chad wakes up to find Andre at his bedside. Andre talks of Chad having hypothermia, nearly dying, rescued by Dario & Abby, who stayed by Chad all night, but had to go home to care for Thomas, gave Andre a pic of her & the baby for Chad. Yes, we get flashbacks in black & white to the canoodling & words of endearment expressed by Chad & Gabi during their imprisonment. Chad claims to only have some fuzzy, blurry images, but doesn't remember much. (he does). Chad is no longer running a fever, Andre says, and tells him how Abby found him not breathing, saved his life. He also notes the Orwell has been destroyed, Chad says war is over, Andre says no, but talks of Stefano being alive, Hope is free, maybe, but Chad wants no more battling, we are family, take care of ourselves.

Meanwhile, Gabi wakes up suddenly, calling for Ari, her dad is at bedside. More chit chat about it all, flashbacks for her, she finally wants him to leave so she can rest. He agrees, will go get Ari. When he is gone, she gets out of bed, goes to see Chad. (yawwnnnn) and has this rather inane conversation, where she keeps pushing him as what he remembers, and getting him to finally admit he remembers kissing her, telling her he loves her, that she said she loves him, and she wants to know "what now". Enter Rafe, says hi to both, wants to talk to sis privately.

But, let's go elsewhere for a bit. Hope stands in the park, Rafe arrives, she is so happy to be free, yada, yada. Evidently there is a hearing later, DA may bring up other charges. Hugs, kiss, kiss, she is glad he stayed with her last night, but fell asleep so early. Time enough when time is right. They go to the Pub to meet Justin, who offers sympathy about David's death, inquires how Julie is holding up, and they begin talking about the hearing, no Rafe cannot be there, judges chambers. And in walks Ms. Trask & Andre, who is grinning from ear to ear as they sit down.

Justin says not to worry, eventually Trask leaves, as does Justin & Hope. Andre comes over to sit with Rafe, throw a few digs, hinting but not actually saying that Hope is going back to prison. He leaves. (Andre gets around today, for sure) In various conversations with Rafe and others, not a word is said about Chad & Gabi being held prisoner, nearly dying, tho mention is made of Sonny.

So, now, it is rather surprising Rafe showed up at the hospital, he talks to Gabi, glad she is o.k., knows Deimos grabbed them, and the wars between the families, but all the family members are silent, won't say boo....so not over. He says he heard part of her conversation with Chad, what was that, he is married, has a baby, she knows, understands. He is saying this is not good, she cannot go there, she knows. Yada, Yada. She returns to Chad's room, sorry her brother interrupted them, then goes on about whatever happened in that locker is over, they were not in right minds, don't remember much anyway, he has Abby & his son, he has to go back to his life, whatever was between the two of them (Chad/Gabi) is over. She leaves, as Andre comes in with a tray of food. (Huh?)

Out at the farmhouse, Eric's back is to the doorway, as Marlena appears. These are really VERY good scenes. No words spoken, as she comes in, embraces her son. Dad finally told her he was out, she heard what he did for Hope, is so proud of him, time for him to come home to his family and those who love him. Eric angrily says no, she says he was pardoned, but Eric is adamant. He should not have been pardoned, Daniel is gone. Marlena pleads with him, is near tears at times, but Eric refuses to even consider it. She says he saved Hope, saved the governor's daughter, he has done good. She picks up the bible, talking of how he used to preach about God's forgiveness. But Eric says maybe God forgives, others won't. Marlena had already said she would not leave there without him, but with him telling her to go several times, she will leave. But she is not done yet.

In the judge's chambers the hearing begins. Justin makes a plea, judge has read all that was submitted, Justin talks of Stefano being alive, etc., Trask comments how Justin is pleading 2 different things, Hope shooting a man while distraught and being taunted, and also the fact the man is still alive. There is still her escaping prison. Justin mentions Trask & Andre together earlier, Hope notes Andre just hates her, Justin shuts her up. The surprise is Trask says Andre claimed he just wanted to move on, did not want to see Hope behind bars again, wanted to end it all. No charges will be filed, Hope is free to go. Hope hugs Justin, is so happy, thanks the judge and Trask.

Rafe meets up with her, they are in the park, he has a picnic basket sitting on the bench, champagne, and a bag, with graham crackers, a bunch of chocolate bars, and a bag of marshmallows. Yep, S'Mores. She is giddy with delight, he remembers how she said she wanted to travel place, the fancy hotel on Mackinac Island, other places, and the s'mores. Hugs, kiss, kiss.

Eric picks up the bible, holds it, evidently wrestling with himself, making a decision.

Andre figures he interrupted something with Chad/Gabi, but Chad begins talking of all he put Abby thru, making her prove her self again & again.Telling her she had to be honest with him, tell him everything. Well, he cannot be a hypocrite. He has to be honest with her, tell her everything that went on in that meat locker. All of it.

Hope is free to go.
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I watched the last 2 acts. Dreadful. Gabi/Chad is nonsense. Hope crying over chocolate when she got away with murder is ridiculous. That she got away with murder is ridiculous. That Steve/Shane colluded is monstrous.

As much as I liked the last Marlena/Eric scene, I am beyond beyond being beyond sick of the St Daniel nonsense.

This could be a loooooong 5 months!

I do think the entire charade of Stefano being alive was poorly written. I honestly wish they had gone with he really was......not involving Shane & Steve, as much as I love both. That said, I personally feel it was a bit soon for Rafe to be arranging for Hope to have things she mentioned missing, and wishing she could have when she was in jail. Why? Because his sister nearly died in a freezing meat locker and was in the hospital. Because Chad was, as well. Because his brother was involved in saving them. Because his niece has been who knows where? Because Deimos was responsible for nearly killing his sister, and he has not seen ANY of his family in ages. Yes, he was in Prague, all wrapped up in finding Stefano to free Hope, while those in his family were being harmed. Dario had surgery, didn't he, was badly injured. And because Hope has a death in her family.

As for the show today, except for Marlena & Eric scenes, which were very good, the rest was filler, and not really good filler either.

Forgot to mention Eduardo returned with Ari, so mom & Ari could reunite. Happy reunion.

Last edited:
I hate to say there is really nothing going on that I'm rooting for. There isn't a couple that I like. Except maybe Paul and Sonny. Don't like Chad and Abby or Gabi. Hate hate Rafe and Hope. Honestly I don't really like Hope. She has just always seemed like a holier than though person to me. The only time I liked her was with Aiden.

They went all out to clear the precious Hope of ANY wrongdoing, do the same thing for Eric because good lord he is miserable!! I don't see him being happy ever again. Very strange how Rafe was just at the hospital like he knew along what was going on and apparently just didn't really care cause ya know - Hope's back! And that's all that matters.

I actually enjoyed the episode, although a large part of that is simply because the whole "Hope killed Stefano" and hostages storylines are OVER! At last it's done with! I do wish it was explained how Rafe knew about Gabi/Chad/Sonny and all that. He really should've been more integrated into this storyline.

I know I stand out for this (don't throw tomatoes!) but I really do like Gabi and Chad together. I want them to both move forward and move on together. They make a good team and a good pair. I just don't see chemistry with Chad and this new Abigail. They don't do it for me. I also want Eric to return home already. Enough of this "woe is me" foolishness. He's more than paid his dues. It was an accident--a tragic one, but enough already!

Surprise, surprise, Hope gets off scot-free. The premise is of course absurd. Andre not wanting Hope prosecuted for murder is irrelevant. If a victim's family was able to get charges dropped, it could be open season on people whose families despise them. The only winners here are the viewers who no longer have to sit through this inane plot or any more Hope-in-prison episodes.

Judge Fitzpatrick and D.A. Melinda Trask acted as if justice was being done today, but instead they were honoring a grand old Salem tradition -- the local justice system doing the bidding of a DiMera.

How can Rafe be so sure that they'd be riots in the streets if Hope was sent back to prison?? Instead, maybe they'll be angry protests over the special treatment accorded Hope and other members of the priviliged Salem in-crowd.

Eric did the impossible today -- setting new records for gloom and doom -- not even looking slightly happy when his mother came to visit. Since he seems so guilty about taking a human life, perhaps he should have some counseling sessions with Eduardo who seems to function quite well despite having murdered large numbers of people. Gabi could sit in too. She doesn't seem to be suffering any lingering guilt about sending Nick Fallon to join Willow Stark in the Salem hereafter.

Eric did the impossible today -- setting new records for gloom and doom

You are so right ! This character is infuriating. And here I thought, after all my years watching Days of Our Lives, having started when I was about 12 years old to learn English (and let's face it, the show was entertaining back then and I got hooked), I was finally bilingual and I understood pretty much everything. But here's this guy. I swear, most of the time, I just cannot understand what the heck he's mumbling. He reminds me of an old cartoon, called The Hillbilly Bears (here in Quebec, we had the reruns in French, it was called "Les ours mal léchés"). One particular bear, the father I think, used to mumble all the time. I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but if you google this, you will.

So Eric, spit out the hot potatoes you have in your mouth, articulate, try to crack a smile once in a while and stop wallowing in self pity. Otherwise, leave ! :angry:

Thanks, Poirot.

There's not much to say about this episode is there.

Gabi told Chad goodbye. Will it stick this time?

Rafe knows what happened to Gabi and he went to visit her. I'm
surprised he had time because all he thinks about lately is Hope.

I love Arianna going to see her mom with her teddy bear.

I wonder if Marlena called Maggie to talk to her about Eric?

Last edited:
...the special treatment accorded Hope...
It's about time the "good guys" won a round! Hooray for Hope!

I'm surprised that so many posters are against Hope's being set free. I don't recall seeing such outrage when Stefano, Victor, et al. were doing what they do best...and continually getting away with it.

(DBF, I'm not picking on you. I just happened to use part of your post to make my point.)

TheWriter, this is for you.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention it was great to see Arianna again. I'm glad she was on during the part I saw. Gabi needs to remember that Ari is her focus, not stealing Chad.

And I'm sorry - I LOVE Gabi but I will never be on board with her & Chad because of the Andrew thing. It will never let them rest.

It's about time the "good guys" won a round! Hooray for Hope!

I'm surprised that so many posters are against Hope's being set free. I don't recall seeing such outrage when Stefano, Victor, et al. were doing what they do best...and continually getting away with it.

(DBF, I'm not picking on you. I just happened to use part of your post to make my point.
The basic problem with Hope going free is that the "good guys" were turned into serious felons to accomplish it, which for many people makes them less rootable. Viewers probably didn't get too excited about Victor, Stefano, etc. in getting away with serious crimes was because they were supposed to bad guys who relied on money, influence, good luck, or police incompetence to escape justice. In addition, as written, the Hope story twisted legal reality beyond all recognition. Certain impossibilities, improbabilities, and pure nonsense can be expected in soap plots, but this was more than a little too much. (After all, the Love Doctor was billed as a real-life miracle surgeon, but he never performed brain transplants or brought the dead back to life. (Things like that were handled by the cartoonish Dr. Rolf.)

Also, there was the thing about the "bad guys",in that they never got their own hands dirty. They always hired thug, goons, felons, or paid off someone on the "inside" for info, heads up, etc. That still goes on. But in Hope's case, she pulled the trigger, she & Rafe carted off and hid the body, and yes, Steve & Shane, both "good guys", faked an entire scenario to establish something as "fact" when it is not, in order to get her out of jail.

So, the good guys hands were very dirty, while the bad guys get a thin layer of dust which they easily blow off.

The basic problem with Hope going free is that the "good guys" were turned into serious felons to accomplish it, which for many people makes them less rootable.
What the Prague Gang did doesn't bother me in the least...real life, yes; on a soap, not so much. :) As far as being rootable, there are many here on this board, and elsewhere, who adored Stefano, in spite of what he was/did.

Also, there was the thing about the "bad guys",in that they never got their own hands dirty.
That didn't make them any less guilty. I see on television quite often where one spouse will hire someone to kill the other spouse, and the one who did the planning and the paying usually is sentenced to life without parole, while the murderer gets less prison time. Dirt is dirt, no matter who's hands it's on.

It makes me wonder if some posters can't root for Hope in the matter because they don't like her with Rafe. (No accusations toward anyone; just surmising. :))

Last edited:
I still like Hope. I just don't enjoy her relationship with Rafe. It doesn't bother me that she got out of jail either. I can overlook a lot of things in a soap that I wouldn't be able to in real life. Only I was disappointed that Steve and Shane had arranged the whole thing. I wanted Stefano to be alive. Also, it's a little creepy to me that Hope now thinks she didn't kill him, when she really did.

Frankly, I don't care how it got resolved, I'm just glad it's over. And after all the horrible things Stefano did, so what if Steve and Shane conspired? Sometimes, you have to fight fire with fire. Indeed, Stefano, Andre, EJ, Kristen, all the Dimeras got away with such horrible crimes over and over again, it was about time it came to an end. And if lying was the only way to get the upper hand of Stefano, so be it. Hope killed him? Yes, and I can accept it. Now, she thinks he's alive? Why not? She can breathe a huge sigh of relief. Rafe helped her? Again, why not? He was also tortured by Stefano. I certainly can't blame the guy for wanting to help the woman he loves.

And that's another thing. I just don't see what is so wrong with Hope and Rafe. I actually like them. I think they are sweet together. It took a while to get build up and I for one am glad it wasn't "Oh, I like you, let's sleep together first, see what happens, and wham bam, thank you m'am !". Rafe takes care of Hope? Great! Is the writing all that great for the two of them? No. But it's all the same for every character right now. Look at Chloe (ruined), Nicole, Eric, the poster boy for gloom and doom, etc. Could Rafe be more involved with others? Sure. But again, that's bad writing. No reason, in my view, to hate him with Hope. Bo gave him his blessing? Again, I thought it was sweet.

So... sorry for the small rant... but I needed to get this out of my chest. I feel better now. Carry on. :)

Back