Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 22, 2017

Ditto what TheWriter, KathyLu, and Daysdegrassi said. How many times have they confronted Stefano and said some variant of "we know you did it" and had him reply with "So, you have no proof," or "you'll never prove it," or something similar? My husband half jokingly says that some folks just need to be killed should be a valid defense.

Stefano was/is* a master manipulator. He knew that Hope was close to the breaking point and he knew her well enough to know which buttons to push to make her break. He also could have easily diffused the situation had he chose to, all of which should have been part of Justin's defense. The storyline to get Hope out of jail was poorly done. Though I did like plot that Steve and Shane came up with. Hope, when pushed to the breaking point, (may have) killed a horrible man, but does not remember actually shooting him. She was wracked with guilt over it.

Steve and Shane have relieved her of that guilt. I see that as a good thing. As much as I loved the character, for the sake of everyone in Salem, someone should have killed him a long time ago.

I do understand that some people believe that killing is wrong no matter what, except when absolutely necessary in the defense of self or others. And for those folks, Hope getting out of jail when she really did (possibly) kill someone, is horrible and should not have happened.

*The picture of Stefano feeding the pigeons, that was not Shane in disguise, leaves doubt to the "was."

Re Eric: It probably doesn't matter after all this time, but I remember a tiny opportunity for the writers to assign some blame for Daniel's fatal accident to Nicole. She was shown driving, and going into a skid, which could have triggered the collision. As if Nicole needs to be further beat upon! :rolleyes:

I think that was Jennifer, A.Guy....not Nicole.

But heck, Daniel himself could have skidded, over corrected and .....collision!

Back