Days of Our Lives - Wed. Feb. 7, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday. February 7, 2018

One could probably watch this show in 7 minutes.but …..JJ tries to find out from Lani what upset her so much, gets her some water, she makes up some story about Val not respecting her wishes, told Eli about her being pregnant. JJ is puzzled, lots of people know, so now she goes into a tirade about all the attention, she cannot stand it, folks asking how much weight she gained, touching her belly, advising breast feeding, insisting she take her pre-natal vitamins. JJ realizes he is just as guilty, apologizes for hovering, then tells her of talking to Kayla about the EMT program, and she will recommend him. He is going to ask Valerie..Lani interrupts with a sharp “NO”!!

Rafe & Eli try to explain to Gabi how damaging that tape looks, she denies right and left, Hope comes in, what is going on. Rafe wants to tell her privately, they go to her office, he tells all. Hope doesn't believe Gabi is guilty, asks Rafe what he is going to do now. She is the commish, he says, her call. Hope reluctantly says they do have to book her on suspicion of murder.

Meanwhile, Eli is asking Gabi all kinds of questions, she gets huffy, but he assures her that he is on her side, that he is trying to show her what she is going to be asked. He mentions how cold it is, it is February, how could she leave her coat behind. She was angry, did not even think about it. Left it in the coat room. What about her key card. Left that, too. (my thought...then how did she leave the building??)

Brady & Eve are all dressed up, glittering, as he helps her on with her fur coat, and off they go on their date. At the loft, Tripp comes home with dinner fixings for the girls, plus the mail. Ciara & Claire get invitations to the Hope/Rafe wedding. Ciara asks Tripp to go with her as her plus one, then snarks at Claire who will have to sit alone, since Theo not around. The girls almost get into another verbal thing, but Claire leaves for work. Ciara wonders what is up with her, it is true.

Later.........Tripp is fixing dinner, etc. for Ciara, she teases about having to remash the potatoes, they jabber away a bit.

Over in the square, Brady & Eve seemingly have nothing to talk about, since they vowed to stay away from sex talk. And of course, Claire is their waitress, hugs them both, asking Eve if she is now dating Claire's uncle. (Claire's mother, Belle, and Brady are half siblings, both fathered by John Black) Eve & Brady deny dating, just getting to k now each other better. Eve asks about Claire's singing, she dropped it, Eve thinks that was a mistake.

Now Eve & Brady talk work stuff, Eve ticked over losing the GabiChic deal to DiMera. She talks of Titan needing to attract young, vibrant women, tries to think of some product. Brady gets an idea about a magazine, talks of how Titan did that in the 90s, Fresh new Face of Titan. They can have a contest. Eve thinks the idea genius, Claire has overheard a bit of the convo. They tell her to sign up right away, she is beautiful, talented. Maybe she will. She goes away, Eve wonders why Brady wanted to encourage Claire, he tells her that Carrie was the Face of Titan back in the 90s. Eventually, they decide to go home, this after Brady gifts her with a lovely, single rose. Eve loved it. At home, they say goodnight, she kisses him on the cheek, will see him in the a.m.

At the cop shop, Rafe & Hope come back in the room, Gabi looks worried, asks what is going on. No answer, she realizes they are going to arrest her. Hope says suspicion of murder, Rafe adding that they can only hold for 48 hrs, Hope then saying she is sorry, but she will have to spend the night. Gabi worries about Ari, Rafe will take care of all that. Eli takes her out. Rafe is not a happy camper, Hope is glad he is watching out for his sister.

Abe runs into Valerie, asks what she was about to tell him before, she seemed upset. Val claims it was a patient, she was concerned, but it is all better now. He mentions the invitation to the wedding, hopes Val catches the bouquet. JJ comes along, talks of Lani, wants to do everything right, asks for Abe's blessing so he can ask Lani to marry him.

Ciara & Tripp are finishing dinner, she is talking about her mom marrying Rafe, she figures he won't cheat on her mom again, knows he loves her. Is glad she can talk to him about these things, and like..Rafe cheating on her mom with Sami, and you never told a soul. Claire comes in as Ciara is saying you cannot ever tell anyone about this, especially not Claire.

At the cop shop, Lani comes in to see Eli at his laptop. She wants to talk, he says not a good time, repeating it again. She ignores him, says there is no easy way to do this. I lied. The baby I am carrying is not JJ's. It's yours.

I have a request to anyone that has a Twitter account to please tweet Kristian Alfonso (Hope) and first tell her she has beautiful hair, then please recommend she lose the hair bump.

Three's Company 2.0: So Claire now knows that Tripp and Ciara are playing "We've Got a Secret," and naturally is going to feel like the odd man out. I bet she's going to look up Nancy Drew on Google (or the Salem version, "Ewe Search") since she told Paul she didn't know who that was when referenced her. Brief aside, I would be fascinated to know the writers chose the name for a female sheep for the name of a search engine. Then Claire will model her persona on the intrepid girl detective and do some "sleuthing." :rolleyes:

Obviously, this all is a set up for a teen triangle which is fine, I suppose. My only question is, couldn't the set-up have have been something, gee, I don't know, interesting?

I did agree with Claire that Ciara's dig about Theo was totally unnecessary. Ciara, GROW UP! :angry: TeamClaire

Gabi: Well my prediction about the coat being found with the urn lid in the pocket turned out out to be wrong. Without some kind of physical evidence, I would say the SPD's case against Gabi is weak sauce, but that would be an insult to weak sauce

Really, what do they have? They have footage of someone who really doesn't look all that much like Gabi, even from the back wearing what appears to be her coat. The person on the video has dark brown hair that is straight. Gabi has jet-black hair that is a little curly.

Will the prosecution try to argue that the defendant took the time to stop and have her hair lightened and straightened before returning to the DiMera offices, to commit murder most foul, if this were to go before a jury?

Seriously, I don't see how they even have enough to hold Gabi for 48 hours. FreeGabi :angry:

Last edited:
Seriously, I don't see how they even have enough to hold Gabi for 48 hours. FreeGabi :angry:
Right you are, Troy. Instead of some of the snooze-worthy scenes foisted on the viewers today, they could have been treated to a conversation between Hope and D.A. Melinda Trask after she's been informed that Gabi is being held.

Melinda; Are Ms. Hernandez's prints or DNA on the presumed murder weapon, and is any blood splatter on her clothing?

Hope: Uh, no.

Melinda: On that tape you mentioned, does it show Ms. Hernandez's face or just some woman with long hair?

Hope: Sorry, no face.

Melinda: Are there any other suspects that a defense attorney could use to build a credible alternative theory of the case?

Hope: More than I can count.

Melinda: Why are you bothering me? Let Ms. Hernandez go and don't bother me again until you have a case where I can get a conviction. I'm sick of losing to that hack, Justin Kiriakis.

Thanks, Poirot.

The only thing that was interesting was when Brady mentioned the Bella magazine
I can see it now, the Fresh Face contest, Claire and Ciara against each other.

How much did Claire hear when she got home? Will she listen long enough
to hear the big secret?

So, Lani decided to tell Eli he's the baby daddy, after all. What will he do?

Please let it be real and not a dream where Lani confessed to Eli.

I was was wondering this too. The confession seemed too easy. I still want Lani to fight back and threaten Val's job for snooping at her records.

Claire saw her Uncle Brady and we got an Aunt Carrie and a Bella magazine mention? Literally the only things keeping me from fast forwarding Brady and Eve today. Something tells me Claire and Ciara are going to battle to win that contest.

Today's episode was too much like yesterday's. I'm all for continuity but they need to do a better job of also balancing it with other characters and stories.

A boring episode indeed, but as someone mentioned above, at least there's some continuity from the past few days. And is it me, or does the whole Eve/Brady thing feel like endless filler? There just doesn't seem to be a point to this storyline. I really wish they'd both been kept single, or that Brady was paired with Chloe again.

Also, I'm tired of hearing that Rafe "cheated" on Hope. They'd split up when he romped with Sami. He shouldn't be lying about it, but he never cheated.

Well, technically, he isn't lying, he just never told her. And he made Ciara pause when he said they were broken up at the time, etc.

Hope was all contrite and giddy, wanting to be back with Rafe, just like JJ is all giddy about Lani being pregnant. In both cases, spilling the beans is going to cause a great deal of hurt....more because it has taken so long. So be it.

I guess I just don't like Eve living in the Kmansion, redecorating the place without consulting the owners. But then, I don't like Brady living there at all. He is a mooch for sure, and should be on his own, taking care of his child. Gabi did it, why not Brady? No, he has to move back to Grampa's place, so he can ignore his child, his father, siblings, etc. Victor enables him, so he really doesn't have to take care of his son, the nanny does that.

No reason Eve cannot be living like everyone else at Martin House or Salem Inn. Why not have her managing one of them. She thus could be privy to the shenanigans of those she wants to keep an eye on. LOL

Personally, I think Eve & Gabi would have made a good business partnership, but I guess for storyline, more impt. for her to join up with Kate, so she can be accused of the murder of Andre.

I don't really mind the whole "I-married-Deimos-and-now-I'm-his-widow" thing, but I would've rather seen her more in Gabi and Rafe's orbit, since Paige was their unknown little sister. It would've been nice to see Eve and Gabi bond over Paige's memory.

I probably would have hated it but they also could have done a subtle chemistry test with Eve and Rafe as well. And then just as they get close, break Eduardo out of jail on a technicality.

Back