Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 11, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Deimos & Nicole are on a date, drinking champagne (Club TBD??), celebrating her admitting she loved him, talking of Holly, not being able to take care of her, Nicole not being able to have a child, Deimos promising that nothing is impossible. She goes to powder her nose, warning him when she returns, he is going to dance with her. While she is gone, he calls Brady, telling him to call the Chicago office, get a spy to keep an eye on Craig & the kids, he wants to know ever move, they have to grab a chance to get that DNA from Holly.

Nicole returns, they dance, close and romantic, kissing, etc. Later, they are in the square, coats & all, music is playing, he wants her to dance with him again. More kissing, declarations of love, etc. Then he suddenly asks her to marry him, neither is perfect, but as she said, are perfect together. She is surprised, takes her a minute or so, she says yes.

Chet is out in the boonies with that dumpster containing Hope, opens the top and jack-in-the-box Hope pops up, Chet gets a knockout punch, down he goes. Hope evidently gets out of the dumpster, she holds something (a rock?) that she swings at Chet when he comes to. He tries to explain he was helping someone, she thinks it was Sheila & CoCo, takes another swing at him, won't let him talk, just jumps to conclusions. She is holding her side, takes another swing, trips, down she goes, unconscious. Chet is beside himself, babbling about it being Hattie he was helping, not those other two. He is trying to get Hope to come to, then sees some blood, opens her jacket, she is bleeding, he uses a handkerchief, trying to staunch the flow, gets scared, runs off.

At the Pub, Kayla, Shawn & Ciara are clearing up, closing down, in comes Lt. Raines, with warrant to search the place. Tells of Hope escaping, news to these 3, but he is one tough guy, goes to search. They try to call their guys in Prague, no luck.

In Prague, Rafe, Steve & Paul talk about whether Stefano will show up, decide to go check out the small cafe where Agent Resnick is meet him. Over at the police station, Marlena sits with Anna, who acts as though she did not break any laws, in comes Carrie & Austin. Carrie is hugging Marlena, seems rather exasperated with her mother, explains Rafe called her, she is going to see the magistrate. When Carrie returns, she has managed to get them both freed, said Anna had escaped from a mental institution, Marlena was innocent bystander. Hugs, etc, Marlena leaves. But Anna is not going to leave without Tony. Another round of conversation about Tony being dead, but Anna has his ashes.Again, Carrie leaves, manages to retrieve the ashes. Anna is coming to Switzerland with them, Carrie had her released into Carrie's custody. Oh, Anna cannot go there, she still wants to "get" Stefano, otherwise what would she do with her life. Austin suggests visiting her grandson. Carrie & Austin talk a minute privately, she knows he doesn't want her mom there, Austin knows how Anna annoys Carrie, but all is o.k. They turn to get Anna and leave......but....Anna is gone.

The guys return to the hotel in Prague, having scouted out the place, when Stefano shows up tomorow they will be there. Steve's phone rings, tis Kayla, glad to finally get hold of him, tells him about Hope escaping. Yes, she was to stay in the infirmary, they know nothing. Rafe gets on the phone, wants to talk to Shawn, proceeds to read him the riot act. But Shawn had visited his mom, who was still in the infirmary, she said nothing to him about checking herself out, or an escape. He is really giving Shawn grief, Ciara takes the phone, telling him there was nothing Shawn could do, none of them knew a thing, Lt. Raines is on the warpath, the cops are all out looking for her, Rafe should concentrate on finding Stefano, bringing him back here.

She hangs up, Kayla & Shawn glad she was able to calm him down. Lt. Raines returns, all is clear there, but cop or no cop, Hope escaped, she killed Stefano, who knows who else. He will use force if necessary. He leaves, Shawn decides he is going to go look for his mom, protect her until the guys comes back. Kayla reminds him the Lt. said he would go to jail for aiding and abetting. He doesn't care, that is his mom. He takes off, Ciara figures he is right, and takes off right after him. Going to go help mom.

In the square, Deimos & Nicole are all lovey, dovey, happy, when Deimos realizes he has no ring. Nicole doesn't mind, he insists she has to have one, and though after midnight, nothing is impossible. He goes off, and evidently rousted Janet out of bed, brings her to Nicole with a tray of rings. Nicole is overwhelmed, he tells her to pick one. She tentatively picks one, then another, Deimos says she will not have another engagement ring the rest of her life, so pick what she wants, price no object. She selects one, he makes sure Janet will resize if it doesn't fit. He takes the ring, kneels, again proposes. Nicole seems near tears, happy ones, says yes, he puts the ring on her finger, kisses her hand, they kiss, and kiss again.

Back in the boonies, the unconscious Hope lays on the very green grass (so amazing in mid-January, lol) when a man feet come along. He stands beside her, then bends and picks her up off the ground, we do not see his face.

Too bad this is not a spoiler thread, as I am quite sure I know whose feet those are. :)

Let me also add that, as good as it was to see Carrie & Austin.........for all the publicity about their appearance, I sure hope this was not the only day we see them.

Well, Poirot, you can speculate, can't you ? Unless you've seen it somewhere, you only believe you know, so it's not a real spoiler right ? So... you want to share ? Pretty please ? :)

Now, as far as the rest of the show. I like that the characters are involved with each other. Paul with Steve, Rafe and Marlena, all together. But that's pretty much the only thing I like. The whole Anna and Marlena getting arrested and released so quickly, is beyond ridiculous. I mean, firing a gun like that and getting off with no verification whatsoever, not even a phone call to the supposed clinic for the mentally unstable ? Nope, stupid, stupid, stupid.

And I'm sorry, while I do like Deimos as a grey character, and I do love Nicole, I just can't get behind them as a couple. And today, they left me cold. I felt nothing, except that I thought they had no place even being on the show. And I hate saying that about my favorite girl Nicole. Oh, and I guess it's very practical being so rich, as I know I could never get the owner of a jewelry store to meet me at midnight to show me a selection of rings. Furthermore, I would never leave with the ring without paying for it. :rolleyes: Then again, I'm neither rich nor famous, so what do I know ?

Well, Anna did ask what about the baby, Austin said they have a wonderful nanny.

They probably took a plane or train from wherever.

Just saw a cover pic of the new SOD....I was right about who saves Hope

And I know there are those who like Deimos & Nicole together.....and while I do love both actors.......I just don't like the two characters as a couple, so have to say I did not enjoy watching the Deimos/Nicole scenes......even though it was really nice to see Days putting some romance back in the show, instead of just sex.

Yes I definitely see Nicole getting hurt from Deimos especially when she finds out about him helping Xander.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think the baby's name is Dallas? :)

Nice to see Nicole happy, but I'm not happy who she's with.

I wonder why the guards didn't check Chet's truck to make sure
nothing, but trash was in the container?

Who found Hope? Is it someone we know?

The whole Anna and Marlena getting arrested and released so quickly, is beyond ridiculous. I mean, firing a gun like that and getting off with no verification whatsoever, not even a phone call to the supposed clinic for the mentally unstable ? Nope, stupid, stupid, stupid.
In addition, Carrie "Princess Hag" Reed was able to waltz into a court in a foreign country and directly represent an American client. When Americans get arrested abroad, one of the tasks handled by the U.S. embassy or consulate is to arrange for them to get a local lawyer who speaks English.

They left Baby No-Name with a nanny. My question is, why do they have a nanny? Isn't he 15 or 16 now?? :sarcasm:
If not now, maybe soon, when the writers decide that the current teen set is generating no interest among the viewers.

Finally, hard-nosed Lt. Raines is tilting at windmills if he thinks he can put an end to special treatment for members of the Salem in-crowd. How long will it be before Hope will stroll into police headquarters to resume her official duties? (Maybe, she'll even get a medal from Abe or Roman.) Hopefully, Raines will then be able to restrain himself and not turn into a new version of kidnapper Officer Hartman or go nuts like the cop who shot up the Brady Pub when he thought that John Black had ruined his life by stealing his pension.

Back