Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 11, 2017

In re: urn size......yes, have seen them that small. Don't know why they come in various sizes. Even small squarish metal boxes.

But yes, she does sound as though Anna has a problem that should have her seeking counseling of some kind.

I went to a site that does nothing but dialogue for an episode, the Reed baby name is not mentioned at all. Maybe later this week? However, Marlena does say something about Noah liking the magic........

But there is nothing before or after that, so really no indication she is referring to the Reed baby. ????

Last edited:
I went to a site that does nothing but dialogue for an episode, the Reed baby name is not mentioned at all. Maybe later this week?
Thanks, Barb. I tried to specifically listen to everything Carrie and Austin said, hoping they'd mention their son by his name, but never heard it. They just said "he" and "him".

So, we still don't know what Baby No-Name Reed's name is??

Nor do we know his age. Even if he is a baby, I'd like to know how old he is.

So, it's what, a 9-10 hour drive to Prague from Mystery City, Switzerland?

Austin specifically mentioned flying back to Zurich with Anna. I think some time had passed between this episode and the previous one since the guys were gone too.

I did not care for Rafe yelling at Shawn. Rafe is her police partner and boyfriend, but Shawn is her adult son who is also police.

Neither did I and thank you for mentioning this. I'm really surprised this didn't annoy more people. Rafe had no right whatsoever to speak to Shawn the way he did. What would Hope have done if she witnessed that exchange? I kind of wish she had. I was also equally annoyed at Shawn for taking it and not screaming right back at Rafe. Give me a break with Ciara having to calm down a grown man too. Awful scenes.

Who found Hope? Is it someone we know?

I'm willing to bet it is.

I have to wonder what Anna really has in that urn, other than ashes.

Given all the sudden mentions of Tony, that's usually an anvil that the person is alive, with the exception of Jack of course. Interesting thought about the urn holding something else. That would make sense given that she ran off.

Interesting thought, Kt. I had never seen an urn that small but then I haven't seen that many.

Google Carrie Fisher's urn

Good episode for the most part aside from the Nicole/Deimos stuff. Let's not forget all the times Nicole has purposely ignored warnings about him. She's been given an opportunity many times to see him for who he really is yet she continues to stay with him despite what loved ones tell her. She also knows she got together with him under false pretenses(gaslighting as Helena). I won't feel bad for either of them if and when they break up.

I like how the Prague stuff is playing out too. I do not like how everything is centered around Rafe and Hope. Since when is Steve Johnson a supporting character to Rafe? He has his own connection with Hope.I wish they would just keep the scenes written as the guys working together rather than trying to write Rafe as the only hero. It's not working. It's annoying me and I love Rafe. They also tried this with EJ and Daniel and we know how that ended up. Keep them all working together equally as investigators. Also, nobody cared when Marlena and Kayla were kidnapped but the entire town moves heaven and earth to help Hope?

Love love love the Carrie/Austin stuff. They fit in seamlessly. I hope there is more coming with them but I liked how this all played out so far, suspending disbelief of course. It's nice to see a happily married couple working together and not dealing with an interloper. I prefer Patrick Muldoon as Austin but the fact that Austin was mostly in the background worked for me. So I'll take this.

Also loved the scenes with Kayla, Shawn and Ciara. I wish they would establish a Brady family member as running the Pub instead of showing us all these characters with other jobs doing it. I hope Shawn doesn't get hurt. I have a feeling he will either get caught in the crossfire or be arrested.

Neither did I and thank you for mentioning this. I'm really surprised this didn't annoy more people. Rafe had no right whatsoever to speak to Shawn the way he did. What would Hope have done if she witnessed that exchange?
I'm sure it would have infuriated me, but I didn't see it. I'm on vacation and we were a bit jetlagged (eating and sleeping schedule is adjusted now though). Days airs at a different time every time we're here, I think. I'll try to catch it today (1 o'clock the listing says - that's 3 Central, 4 Eastern).
Given all the sudden mentions of Tony, that's usually an anvil that the person is alive, with the exception of Jack of course. Interesting thought about the urn holding something else. That would make sense given that she ran off.
I had the same thought both watching Tuesday and reading today's summary. Tony has no heirs (unlike Jack) or descendants and we're not getting flashbacks. I've long hoped Tony is alive but if so and IF he returns, I want him to stay a good guy.
She also knows she got together with him under false pretenses(gaslighting as Helena). I won't feel bad for either of them if and when they break up.
Agree. I want them with other folks. Frankly I think Ms Higley (Current Head-writer Dena Higley) is trying to recreate the magic she had (briefly) with EJ/Nicole. It's not working.
Also, nobody cared when Marlena and Kayla were kidnapped but the entire town moves heaven and earth to help Hope?
Horton favouritism at play again, LOL.
Love love love the Carrie/Austin stuff. They fit in seamlessly. I hope there is more coming with them but I liked how this all played out so far, suspending disbelief of course. It's nice to see a happily married couple working together and not dealing with an interloper. I prefer Patrick Muldoon as Austin but the fact that Austin was mostly in the background worked for me. So I'll take this.
Hear, hear! I'm checking Global TV to see if I can watch just for the Carrie/Austin stuff.

I'd also like to see a family member permanently running the Pub. Ciara and and one of Roman's sons would be a good pair to help out.

Neither did I and thank you for mentioning this. I'm really surprised this didn't annoy more people. Rafe had no right whatsoever to speak to Shawn the way he did. What would Hope have done if she witnessed that exchange? I kind of wish she had. I was also equally annoyed at Shawn for taking it and not screaming right back at Rafe. Give me a break with Ciara having to calm down a grown man too. Awful scenes.

If Shawn didn't stand up to his new "daddy", what makes you think Hope would have? As long as the Rafe fan club president is headwriter, nobody is allowed to put her "prince" in his place.

I like Rafe, I really do. But like MANY other characters, the writing, at times, leaves a lot to be desired. Add to that horrible editing, again at times, and one can see that some characters suffer more than others.

In MY opinion, it was a horrible idea to have Ciara be the one talking sense to Rafe. Ciara has always been a pepper pot, feisty, no nonsense. It would have been more in her character to grab the phone from Shawn and yell right back at Rafe.....who do you think you are? Why are you yelling at Shawn. He is here, did no wrong, Mom has gone behind all our backs, checked out of the infirmary, and now has escaped. Do YOUR job, find Stefano, bring him back! Be glad Shawn is on the job here.

Thanks for the summary. This was a good show! Great to see Carrie & Austin! I hope they get to meet up with Rafe---well, more Carrie than Austin. :love::love:Especially given how annoying Rafe has gotten since he was paired with Hope, as evidenced by his phone conversation with Shawn-D. Unbelievable that Ciara had to calm him down.

Loved all the stuff with Hope for once. Also, I tried to be happy for Nicole but I just can't because I know it won't end well for her and Deimos (whom I couldn't accept as a couple to begin with).

Back